God is Imaginary

• 13 Replies
?

Jamie

• Retired
God is Imaginary
« on: April 26, 2019, 05:02:13 AM »
I adore this website.

Fifty simple proofs that god is imaginary.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
Re: God is Imaginary
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 05:14:11 AM »
I adore this website.

First: nobody knows for sure. There is no proof for or against one or more gods. Anyone who claims otherwise has an agenda.

Second: it does not matter. People want, need and even crave spirituality. It's a deep personal human thing and to just brush that aside with clever little logic games only hurts and does not help.

In an ideal world people believe in any gods they want without rejecting science.
Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 02:28:41 PM »
None of these are proof for anything. Some of these are based on complete misunderstandings of Christianity. The subject of the existence or non existence of God is reaaally old and played out, and it's pretty pointless to talk about unless you have something really fresh and interesting to offer, which is unlikely.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 02:31:04 PM by Pezevenk »
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 08:58:47 PM »
There is only one logical argument that disproves God. It is the constitutional argument.

1. All things are  born equal, meaning there are no higher and lower things.

2. God is supposed to be the highest thing.

3. There is no highest thing according to premise 1. Therefore God does not exist.

The fairy in my garden taught me that.

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 10:04:20 PM »
It is has been calculated that since the dawn of time there have been just over 4000 various religions all with their own gods and beliefs..... so take your pick.  Some say both gods and religions are no more than human constructs, take away the humans and god no longer ‘exists’......

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 05:08:59 AM »
First: nobody knows for sure. There is no proof for or against one or more gods. Anyone who claims otherwise has an agenda.

Nobody knows for sure, but I know with a great degree of certainty that there is almost-definitely no god.

Second: it does not matter. People want, need and even crave spirituality. It's a deep personal human thing and to just brush that aside with clever little logic games only hurts and does not help.

It does matter. Religion is demonstrably dangerous and poisonous, and it has caused humanity a great deal of grief. People may have their favorite toy, so-to-speak; they will cling to their gods and superstitions. It rarely is just a "deep personal human thing" now, is it?

I would argue that, in the short term, brushing aside belief with logic and rationality does hurt; but in the long run, it is necessary and, ultimately, helpful.

In an ideal world people believe in any gods they want without rejecting science.

A belief in god is more or less a clear rejection of several scientific principles. Can we see, hear, or feel god? Can we perform experiments proving or disproving god? Can we verify and measure the degree of god's presence, power, or interaction with the world? Can we verify the legitimacy and function of prayer? I could go on and on.
"Conspiracy theorists actually believe in the conspiracy because that is more comforting." - Alan Moore

Pezevenk

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 06:06:52 AM »
Ugh modern empiricists/scientists suck. Please don't tell me you like Dawkins or Harris too...

EDIT: Am I being a bit of an asshole? Idk, I hope I'm not.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 06:11:04 AM by Pezevenk »

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2019, 07:38:01 AM »
None of these are proof for anything. Some of these are based on complete misunderstandings of Christianity. The subject of the existence or non existence of God is reaaally old and played out, and it's pretty pointless to talk about unless you have something really fresh and interesting to offer, which is unlikely.

Holy shit, a non shit post from pez this morning? I almost spit out my imaginary coffee!

I adore this website.

That website and it's "proofs" are just one giant shit post with incoherent nonsense that as no application or provide any sort of "proof" to it's intended subject. Sites by looney religious nut jobs advocating serpent handling provides more factual statements than this site.

For some reason I visualize this athiest red in the face with white knuckles making the site.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2019, 03:44:12 PM »
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Pezevenk

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2019, 04:09:58 PM »
Ooooh I just remembered it's Easter here, today was the Resurrection (is this what you call it?).

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2019, 04:22:53 PM »
I call it zombie awareness day.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

?

Jamie

• Retired
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2019, 07:24:24 PM »
Ugh modern empiricists/scientists suck. Please don't tell me you like Dawkins or Harris too...

Uh... I can explain!

You're an asshole. Don't sweat it.  We don't ever have to agree to get along.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 12:14:29 PM »
Life is imaginary.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Pezevenk

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 05:55:27 AM »

Uh... I can explain!

You're an asshole. Don't sweat it.  We don't ever have to agree to get along.

Oh I just realised, I said scientists suck, which, they don't lol. What I meant was proponents of philosophical scientism, not people who do science, hell, I'm a people who do science lol.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)