What's it like living as a FE believer?

• 86 Replies
Re: What's it like living as a FE believer?
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2019, 07:31:17 AM »
 I just took a look at '' the memberlist'' . It mentions the number 990.
It seems that the majority on the list are those who just came and went and either made no posts or just one post and left.
So it seems most people just come to this website out of curiosity for one time and then never come back again.

Again , I would really like to make an apology from this ''RE''.
We really should stop bothering you about your believing the earth is flat .
If you really believe that, that's your business and none of ours.
It doesn't particular bother me but I do wonder why you believe that nonsense.

I like to read all this nonsense, especially about the distance from the earth to the moon.
If you want to believe it's 15 KM, 200 , 300, or 3000 miles , or whatever , so be it.
But I do know the moon is not in a perfect orbit and the distance varies between some 225000 and 250000 miles.
It is of interest to me because some of my fellow ham radio operators came up with a figure of 238150 miles in their "Operation Moon Bounce", which is well within the known values.

So if I can keep making posts with true facts , you can believe them or not, if I can show you why they are real and flat Earth is not.

Anyway I do owe the FES website for learning a lot about what some people believe in an imaginary flat earth and what  some people know about the  real world of the globe.

Cheers and best wishes to all the FE's and RE's on this website. :-)

In closing -
If you will excuse me for being rude, spamming, scamming ,  or whatever , again, I would like to ask this question again.
What do FE's believe about how a horizon would look on a flat Earth, how far it is, and how you would estimate the distance to it ?

I know the answers for the "RE" bit I would be interested in hearing about the "FE" belief.
If you can answer my questions,   I'll be satisfied and move on. Even if you say you have no answers, I'll drop the subject and move on.
If you can't or won't answer my questions, just post ''I can't '' or '' I won't '' and I'll stop asking.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 12:10:49 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2019, 08:09:08 AM »
I've been following this movement for a while now and while I get some basic points such as not blindly trusting anything that's made public and questioning stuff, I noticed a few things. Most FE believers you see being very active through videos and other media are grown, middle-aged adults. Most of them probably even with a family of their own. How does a FE believer handle stuff like education at school for kids? How do the believers manage to put together events and contraptions which require external companies and organizations as support for something that's widely regarded and considered as a sad and comedic attempt to "cast aside 2500 years of science"?

The FEC was a pretty big event and I wonder how it came to be. The institutions offering the rooms, time and security for the event must have questioned the very reason of that.

I don't know all the details of this movement. but I know an important part. and I want to tell my experience as far as I know about the movement.

This is primarily a volunteer project, if we ignore the claims about conspiracies about movement. When we consider it as education, it is clear that we have a different teaching other than usual education. but this does not cause a problem. Because the individuals of this movement are middle-aged as you say. they are all well educated and most of them are highly educated. therefore, it does not matter how ordinary education is. a flat earth believer knows what others know, and also has knowledge about the flat earth additionally. in other words, the flat earth is the master or advanced level of the round world knowledge.

from the historical point of view, you can explore it yourself. there was always this movement, never disappeared. Most of the world believed that nasa went to the moon, but not all. the people who questioned tthe problems continued to exist. and increased doubts have further strengthened this movement. In the age of information, nothing can remain hidden. increasing suspicions and unexplained events have made this movement immortal.

10 years ago, the believers of this movement were one in ten thousand. Three years ago, he was one of a thousand people. and one in ten people today believes or have doubts in the flat earth. at the end of this year, the number of believers in the flat world will be equated or about with the number of believers in the round world. this is a technique and scientific movement and its pioneers are scientific people, certainly not ordinary people.

This project is not suitable for young people. at least, until its being flat accepted by the rest of the world, it is more beneficial for young people to stay away from this movement unless the education curriculum changes. because we do not want to educate youths those say to the physics teacher that einstein's, the astronomer teacher kepler's being a liar. when our youth say this, these names should not be in the curriculum of education.
boydster the angry globalist being a mod is my red line. During he continues to be mod, others will be ignored till infinity.

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2019, 08:34:19 AM »
Flat Earth is never going to be accepted by the rest of the world .
There will always be various cults and sects who have weird beliefs.
But tolerance should be the rule to them.
Live and let live.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 08:59:18 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2019, 09:35:48 AM »

10 years ago, the believers of this movement were one in ten thousand. Three years ago, he was one of a thousand people. and one in ten people today believes or have doubts in the flat earth. at the end of this year, the number of believers in the flat world will be equated or about with the number of believers in the round world. this is a technique and scientific movement and its pioneers are scientific people, certainly not ordinary people.

I am curious, where do you get your stats?  Are you claiming 10% of all people have doubts of a round earth?  Or are you just "guessing"?  Because if you are a "pioneer" and a "scientific" person, I think it is irresponsible to make claims with out evidence backing it up.  If it is your opinion, you should make that clear. 

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2019, 02:39:28 PM »

I am curious, where do you get your stats?  Are you claiming 10% of all people have doubts of a round earth?  Or are you just "guessing"?  Because if you are a "pioneer" and a "scientific" person, I think it is irresponsible to make claims with out evidence backing it up.  If it is your opinion, you should make that clear.

I am curious to know if there are any  FE Believers in any Navy , or any  in all the Navies  in the world ?
I never met any.

Chorus:

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
  • You keep using that word.
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2019, 04:20:43 PM »

I am curious to know if there are any  FE Believers in any Navy , or any  in all the Navies  in the world ?
I never met any.

Were you even in the Navy though?
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2019, 06:39:57 PM »

I never met any.

Only 4 years. And only about 2 1/2 years of that was sea duty.

Chorus:

Stash

« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2019, 06:42:03 PM »

This from Feb 2018 (US only):

A new YouGov study reveals that 2% of Americans resolutely say the earth is flat.

8215 US adults were questioned on Feb 6, 2018.
Results are weighted to be representative of the US population.

Those who believe the Earth is flat vary in the exact theories, but whether they believe in science or religious literature as the basis for their claims, a new YouGov study reveals that 2% of Americans resolutely say the earth is flat.

While an overwhelming majority of Americans (84%) believe that the Earth is round, at least 5% of the public say they used to believe that but now have their doubts.

Flat earthers find traction in their beliefs among a younger generation of Americans. Young millennials, ages 18 to 24, are likelier than any other age group to say they believe the Earth is flat (4%).

https://today.yougov.com/topics/philosophy/articles-reports/2018/04/02/most-flat-earthers-consider-themselves-religious

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
  • You keep using that word.
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2019, 08:56:56 PM »

I never met any.

Only 4 years. And only about 2 1/2 years of that was sea duty.

So you mean, like, the real Navy then?
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2019, 12:30:27 AM »

Oh he has his data sources alright. The same sources that say Qantas airline murder passengers by the plane load. Yes, he has his data sources.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2019, 04:34:57 PM »

I am curious to know if there are any  FE Believers in any Navy,
or any in all the Navies  in the world ?
I never met any.

Try here . . .

Public Communications - DOD Public Affairs
https://www.defense.gov/Contact/
RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2019, 12:29:02 PM »
This from Feb 2018 (US only):

A new YouGov study reveals that 2% of Americans resolutely say the earth is flat.

Yes, and almost half of all voters voted for Trump. Over half of voters were hoodwinked by the lies and voted for Brexit in 2016. Many people are still religious.

Much as I hate to think it, the numbers of FE believers could become higher. Populism is rife, experts are shouted down, for some people the scientific method is not enough.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2019, 08:24:01 PM »

I am curious to know if there are any  FE Believers in any Navy,
or any in all the Navies  in the world ?
I never met any.

Try here . . .

Public Communications - DOD Public Affairs
https://www.defense.gov/Contact/

Why doesn't the FES contact them ?

Chorus:

Heavenly Breeze

• Weather Pegasus
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2019, 08:39:30 PM »

Probably because ...
http://convexearth.org/

Are you sure that the earth is not such?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2019, 09:02:24 PM »

Probably because ...
http://convexearth.org/
You ask, "Are you sure that the earth is not such?" and my answer is "Yes, I am sure that the earth is not such!"

There is no way that what is so easily observed fits an earth like their so-called "Convex Earth".

« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2019, 10:56:01 PM »
To be honest, I would like to see this movement grow even bigger in the future. Why? Because eventually, that drags some rich folks in so the FE movement can deliver actual proof that space is just fake by organizing a tourist flight up into orbit and recording the view up there.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2019, 11:30:38 PM »
To be honest, I would like to see this movement grow even bigger in the future. Why? Because eventually, that drags some rich folks in so the FE movement can deliver actual proof that space is just fake by organizing a tourist flight up into orbit and recording the view up there.
And we'll finally see a genuine non-CGI photo of the entire flat earth. Will it look like this?

« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2019, 09:49:42 AM »
And we'll finally see a genuine non-CGI photo of the entire flat earth. Will it look like this?

And we'll finally get a close up look and see a non-CGI photo of the dome and find out why we can't go any higher without bumping into the dome ?
And hopefully we'll finally get high enough to look down and see a non-CGI photo of the entire ice wall around the entire flat earth.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 10:31:41 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

?

Souleon

• Truth interested
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2019, 10:42:01 AM »
Flat Earth is never going to be accepted by the rest of the world .
There will always be various cults and sects who have weird beliefs.
But tolerance should be the rule to them.
Live and let live.

I can't quite agree. Of course, everyone can think what they want. But the problem is the "spreading / teaching". Therefore, we should continue to discuss and debate so that we do not give false scientific information to our next generations. Otherwise we will move backwards instead of forwards.
Facts that can be explained logically by FET and not by RE: None.

Heavenly Breeze

• Weather Pegasus
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2019, 11:11:09 AM »

And we'll finally get a close up look and see a non-CGI photo of the dome and find out why we can't go any higher without bumping into the dome ?

after 30 km, the horizon begins to bend as a result of the curvature of space. So you see all the same ball. From the top, the earth is a ball, on the earth it is a plane, underground, it starts to bend in the opposite direction.

« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2019, 01:56:40 PM »

after 30 km, the horizon begins to bend as a result of the curvature of space. So you see all the same ball. From the top, the earth is a ball, on the earth it is a plane, underground, it starts to bend in the opposite direction.

And how do you know this?

Heavenly Breeze

• Weather Pegasus
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2019, 07:34:39 PM »

Based on facts and direct evidence. Facts are a stubborn thing!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2019, 07:48:57 PM »

S where are all these "facts and direct evidence"?

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2019, 06:09:13 AM »

How about listing some references for your claim.  What facts and direct evidence?  Just saying it doesn't make it so.  If you want to be taken seriously, cite some of your sources.  If flat earth theory is believed by so many and has been around so long, there must be a plethora of documented examples that have been peer reviewed and can withstand the weight of an actual debate.  And no, saying you are a liar is not debate, it is childish...

Heavenly Breeze

• Weather Pegasus
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2019, 08:03:13 AM »
How about listing some references for your claim.  What facts and direct evidence?  Just saying it doesn't make it so.  If you want to be taken seriously, cite some of your sources.  If flat earth theory is believed by so many and has been around so long, there must be a plethora of documented examples that have been peer reviewed and can withstand the weight of an actual debate.  And no, saying you are a liar is not debate, it is childish...

Well, you write here as children .... I laugh in my hoof. You failed the test! Failed. You just troll here. The post contains the complete answer. You don't care about the facts, you will not accept them. You just love to argue. Lead you do not deny that from space the earth looks like a ball? Or you need to prove it - ha ha ha. He waved his tail. Hey. I will write further in Old Russian, anyway, the meaning of my posts does not reach you.

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2019, 08:06:37 AM »

Well, you write here as children .... I laugh in my hoof. You failed the test! Failed. You just troll here. The post contains the complete answer. You don't care about the facts, you will not accept them. You just love to argue. Lead you do not deny that from space the earth looks like a ball? Or you need to prove it - ha ha ha. He waved his tail. Hey. I will write further in Old Russian, anyway, the meaning of my posts does not reach you.

Please enlighten me, please show me your "post contains the complete answer".  Your right, I am a child, I know not what I do.  Please, I beg of you, educate me. 

Heavenly Breeze

• Weather Pegasus
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2019, 10:59:38 AM »
Please enlighten me, please show me your "post contains the complete answer".  Your right, I am a child, I know not what I do.  Please, I beg of you, educate me.
If you are a person you do not know what to do - then what can tell you - a pony, a weather pegasus? I think this composition is the best for this occasion. Mad World ...

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

Mad ideas. There are two options - faith in the logic of this world and the rejection of nothing else. Or do you accept that something - that can break your impeccable logic. But then you will have to accept that everything is really not quite like that. For example, the change in the size of the hydrogen atom. So was the quantum transition or not? Can this also change the shape of the earth? Who will answer ...
I do not see adequate explanation of the world around here, even here ... On a flat earth, there can not in principle be lunar eclipses. As well as the fact that all the pictures from the ISS do not correspond to the presented coordinates of the passage of the ISS over the points of the sems of these photos. NASA is silent on this. Do they not see it? I do not think they specifically do this. Just space has its life, we are not allowed to fly into space.
That's why I understand that I do not have the answers to my questions among people.

Потому я и пони...

https://cont.ws/@list63/177248

Do not be lazy to read and you will understand that we already live in another world, and that flat land is a thing of the past! Good luck to someone who after that will still stand on his four hooves.

I will add from myself - at first glance there is written complete nonsense and complete discrepancy of our reality. But about the black hole in the center of our galaxy, I perfectly remember that it really was there and was active, as it was confirmed by observations and calculations, but now for some reason it turned out to be - asleep! So, by complete nonsense, there is some truth in it, and now the question is in what reality do we live? Many after the quantum transition do not perceive the flat earth, because they could not adapt to the changes, and those who understand what kind of world we live in are the future of our civilization.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:06:10 PM by Heavenly Breeze »