Shape of the Moon

• 11 Replies

Canary

Shape of the Moon
« on: April 24, 2019, 01:54:32 PM »
if flat earth modal are truth why does moon has such an strange shape?
i mean why don't we have an uniformed moon?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 05:01:32 AM by Canary »

Canary

Re: Moon shape
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 02:10:10 PM »
dosen't this prove that some things hit the moon?
some big things?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Moon shape
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 04:10:04 PM »
dosen't this prove that some things hit the moon?
some big things?

I don't know how big these asteroids were but the Tycho Crater is about 85 km across and a number of smaller nearby craters seem to have been caused by the ejecta from Tycho.
That would indicate the impact of a large object.
The extremely high velocity of the asteroids impacting the moon have a major effect on the shape and size of the craters.
The Moon Project - Craters

Lunar Craters
Craters on the Moon are caused by asteroids and meteorites colliding with the lunar surface. The Moon's surface is covered with thousands of craters. Why does the Moon have so many craters compared to the Earth? Unlike the Earth, the Moon has no atmosphere to protect itself from impacting bodies. It also has very little geologic activity (like volcanoes) or weathering (from wind or rain) so craters remain intact from billions of years. The Earth is also covered in water and vegetation which easily disguises impact craters.

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
Re: Shape of the Moon
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 06:50:10 AM »

You can't really say 'the moon is round and therefor the earth is round'. That's like saying 'that car is red therefor my bike is red'.

While it is true that the shape of the moon and the shape are caused by the same thing (gravity), it's not enough to just look up at something in the sky and draw conclusions on the shape of your own world.

What if you looked at the sun in stead? Would the question 'if the sun is a hot round ball of gas and therefor the earth is too' make sense?
Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.

Canary

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 05:41:35 PM »

You can't really say 'the moon is round and therefor the earth is round'. That's like saying 'that car is red therefor my bike is red'.

While it is true that the shape of the moon and the shape are caused by the same thing (gravity), it's not enough to just look up at something in the sky and draw conclusions on the shape of your own world.

What if you looked at the sun in stead? Would the question 'if the sun is a hot round ball of gas and therefor the earth is too' make sense?
i didn't say because moon is round therefore earth should be too!
what i'm saying is if flat earth modals are truth then what did damage the moon? what can in a close system like ours(according to flat earth modals)do this to the moon?

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 01:03:06 AM »

what i'm saying is if flat earth modals are truth then what did damage the moon? what can in a close system like ours(according to flat earth modals)do this to the moon?

Heard of the guy on YouTube that calls himself Flat earth Jesus? He claims the moon was made by giants who dug out the material used from the Grand Canyon and filled it with helium and sent it up to the firmament where the bubling up from the molten rock caused the craters.

Evidence?

Only "just look at it. It has to be."

Omega

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 01:59:39 AM »

Heard of the guy on YouTube that calls himself Flat earth Jesus? He claims the moon was made by giants who dug out the material used from the Grand Canyon and filled it with helium and sent it up to the firmament where the bubling up from the molten rock caused the craters.

Evidence?

Only "just look at it. It has to be."

Interesting to note: helium only makes balloons float because of gravity, which is what FE denies. This aside from the fact that I would love to see this guy fill a piece of granite with helium and make it float.

Omega

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2019, 02:03:27 AM »

Excuse me, I misunderstood.

I read 'shape' as its actual shape. You mean the shape of its surface.

I would imagine there are lots of reasons one could come up with to fit it into FE.

- God made it this way, and it's not for us to know why
- The craters are the result of rocks spat out by earth volcanos that hit the lunar surface
- The moon is not real but a projection and the craters are just part of the illusion to make us think it's really old and damaged
- Moon worms
- Refraction of the light

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2019, 01:13:27 PM »

You are assuming the moon is what you have been told about it. Maybe it is what it looks like, a light in the sky with bright spots .
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Omega

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 01:35:30 PM »

You are assuming the moon is what you have been told about it. Maybe it is what it looks like, a light in the sky with bright spots .

Iíve looked at the moon through my telescope for dozens of hours. Itís a big ball with mountains and impact craters.

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2019, 01:46:55 PM »

Visual evidence is considered to be one of the most unreliable types of evidence.  And this is what you base you whole FE belief on?

Lonegranger

• Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes Turn and face the strange
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 08:20:32 AM »

You don't have to be told about the moon, it's free for everyone to see. Grab a telescope for an even better view.
Why do you think what people know about the moon comes from being told?
Possibly you walk around with your eyes closed!
Zen and the art of turd polishing.