Earthquakes and ocean tides

• 68 Replies
Earthquakes and ocean tides
« on: April 24, 2019, 03:56:04 AM »
How does the flat earth model explain earthquakes,in the round earth they are caused by the tectonic movement in earth's crust, is there such thing as tectonic plates in the flat earth model and if so, what causes the movement and what keeps the magma beneath earth's crust hot.
Furthermore, how are ocean tides explained in the flat earth model?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Earthquakes and ocean tides
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 04:07:53 AM »
How does the flat earth model explain earthquakes,in the round earth they are caused by the tectonic movement in earth's crust, is there such thing as tectonic plates in the flat earth model and if so, what causes the movement and what keeps the magma beneath earth's crust hot.
Careful.
Someone might ask, "how are ocean tides explained in the round earth model?".

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 04:31:28 AM »

All objects push each other. the moon pushes the oceans when it comes near to the flat earth and causes tide.

As the earth is a flat plate, the outer parts are the most exposed to external influences. therefore, there are major earthquakes especially in ocean side areas. Most of the major earthquakes are on the coast of the great oceans.

There is one of my workings about  tectonic movements but I could not find it for now. My web browser denies to show me some pictures because of forbid nowadays. So I can not find it for now, but so you can find it if you want.

As a last, there are many models can explain it. This one is mine has few number of fans.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 04:33:47 AM »

All objects push each other. the moon pushes the oceans when it comes near to the flat earth and causes tide.

As the earth is a flat plate, the outer parts are the most exposed to external influences. therefore, there are major earthquakes especially in ocean side areas. Most of the major earthquakes are on the coast of the great oceans.

There is one of my workings about  tectonic movements but I could not find it for now. My web browser denies to show me some pictures because of forbid nowadays. So I can not find it for now, but so you can find it if you want.

As a last, there are many models can explain it. This one is mine has few number of fans.
How does the moon exert any kind of force on the earth if gravity is not real, is it another force at play and if so can you explain it in more detail. And what are earthquakes in that case, can you delve deeper into that as well.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2019, 04:35:34 AM »

How does the moon exert any kind of force on the earth if gravity is not real, is it another force at play and if so can you explain it in more detail.

aerial stringency. when an object enters an environment, it pushes all objects in that environment to make its way. moon pushes air, then air pushes ocean water.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2019, 04:46:40 AM »

How does the moon exert any kind of force on the earth if gravity is not real, is it another force at play and if so can you explain it in more detail.

aerial stringency. when an object enters an environment, it pushes all objects in that environment to make its way. moon pushes air, then air pushes ocean water.
Alright we covered that, what about the magma, what keeps it hot, how did it form in the first place and to add to these questions, why does the sun and the moon orbit around the earth, what are the forces acting upon them to keep them orbiting and if all objects on earth fall when dropped why don't they do so as well.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2019, 04:51:23 AM »
these questions are not questions that can be answered immediately. I can deal with it at a more suitable time, not for now.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 05:53:26 AM »
There’s no reason to throw personal insults around, please keep it civil.

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2019, 06:20:50 AM »

So we should feel a wind blowing as the moon goes over? Why isn't the wind burning hot from the friction of the moon moving through it at high speed?
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2019, 11:54:27 AM »
How does the moon "move" the air on earth to make floods, when the moon is never close enough the earth to even reach the air and push it ?

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2019, 05:32:41 PM »
Perhaps the deuterium in the seawater is repelled by the moons cold energy.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 05:59:26 PM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2019, 07:03:41 PM »
Perhaps the deuterium in the seawater is repelled by the moons cold energy.
Each cubic meter of seawater (a bit over 1000 kg) contains about 34.4 grams of deuterium ;D.
And high tides occur nearly under the moon and most places experience two high tides per day.
And the moon has no cold energy - and, to my knowledge, there is no cold energy nor cold rays.
And . . . . . .

Greg's Frog

• Area 51 Guard
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2019, 09:35:02 PM »

Your claim contradicts the Wiki's article. As we all know, spring tides have the strongest high tides, and it occurs every ~13 days. This is when the Earth, moon, and Sun align and occurs when a new/full moon occurs. The Wiki says:

"When the moon is above the altitude of the sun the moon is fully lit and a Full Moon occurs."
https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Phases_of_the_Moon

So, how can we have spring tides when the Moon is supposed to be further away from the flat earth as average?

Old Name: Unepic Globetard. Changed 5/22/2019
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=81539.0

Creeper, aw man...

Omega

• Debating honestly even if no-one else will
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2019, 02:06:00 AM »

So, how can we have spring tides when the Moon is supposed to be further away from the flat earth as average?

Perhaps there is an anti-moon which travels beneath the disk and pushes waves of anti-gravity upwards? This anti moon is very small so the effect isn't that big. But it is enhanced by solar/lunar resonation when they are all aligned.
Only thing round in FE is its circular logic.

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2019, 11:38:57 AM »

Perhaps there is an anti-moon which travels beneath the disk and pushes waves of anti-gravity upwards? This anti moon is very small so the effect isn't that big. But it is enhanced by solar/lunar resonation when they are all aligned.

Or, using Occam's razor, the Earth is a sphere.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

Omega

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 12:06:41 PM »

Or, using Occam's razor, the Earth is a sphere.

Nah that would be too easy.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 12:22:36 PM »
The tides don't really follow the sun and the moon.

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 01:05:23 PM »

Says polar projection map is a favourite of flat earthers.  What is the correct map? 

Tide heights accurately coincide with moon phases.

Omega

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2019, 01:33:44 PM »

At least you’re showing a vid that quotes NASA data. Progress.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2019, 03:50:09 PM »

Those maps claim nothing of the sort. Then your video speculates that the tidal nodes might be caused by:
  • Sea Life ::).
  • Plate Boundaries
  • The moon
And ends with:
The scientific consensus is extremely embarrassing for me that this is the best science can give us.
Then shows a grossly simplified animation of "tidal bulges" moving around the earth unaffected by the sea-floor and even the continents.
That is not "the best science can give us"! It is nothing more than a distorted view of a person who does not have any knowledge of the tides.

How can he be so ignorant as to say that is "the best science can give us" when there are even introductory series on tides like this?
A short version: Land Information New Zealand: The cause and nature of tides

And a much more detailed series but still not a detailed scientific analysis:
      National Ocean Service, Tides and Water Levels
This has sections on:
What are Tides?, What Causes Tides?, Gravity, Inertia, and Bulges, Changing Angles and Tides, The Frequency of Tides, Tidal Variations, Types and Causes of Tidal Cycles and  What Else Affects Tides?

Tides are certainly dependent on far more than just the current position of the sun and moon.
The complex shape of the ocean is also a big factor on tide times, tide heights and even the number of tides per day.

But the usual tides are:
  • Two highs and two lows per day occurring about 50 minutes later each day.
  • Spring tides (the largest tidal range in the moon phase cycle) occur at BOTH new moon and full moon.
  • Neap tides (the smallest tidal ranges in the moon phase cycle) occur at the quarter moon phases.
  • The largest tidal ranges (called King Tides in Australia) occur when the moon is closest to the earth (at its perigee, hence the formal name, Perigean Tides).
    The largest tidal range of all occurs when a Perigean Tide coincides with the earth being closest to the sun or at its perihelion - close to the 2nd of January.
    These extreme tides affect the coastal areas of SE Queensland, flooding low lying coastal streets.

All these "coincidences" seem to offer very strong evidence that the tides are caused by the positions of the moon and sun.
And those "coincidences" seem very difficult to explain on a flat earth with the sun and moon circling above.

But the detail of the tidal patterns is a very complex simple because the sea floor is such a complex shape. Here are examples of the usual two tides a day and the less usual one tide a day at Pensacola, Florida.

The usual Semidiurnal Tides - twice a day

2019 April 26 - Tide Chart for Pensacola, Florida. One tide per day.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2019, 06:53:36 PM »
I would say that most everything you said without reference in your bullet points is probably false. It is the party line which needs to be demonstrated rather than said. None of that is how things "regularly are."

High Tides in Japan, as an example, don't come fifty minutes later/earlier every day.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 07:15:59 PM by Tom Bishop »

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2019, 09:33:12 PM »
I would say that most everything you said without reference in your bullet points is probably false. It is the party line which needs to be demonstrated rather than said. None of that is how things "regularly are."

High Tides in Japan, as an example, don't come fifty minutes later/earlier every day.

Your statement is no more than a silly red herring. The tides in Japan, their nature are due to its particular geographical location and the way in which the Pacific and the Sea of Japan interact. While tides are indeed controlled by lunar and solar cycles, anyone who has sailed can tell you that tides, their periodicity height and character are also greatly influenced by geographical location the nature of the surrounding coastline and the weather. For example Cromer, Lowestoft and Aldeburgh are fairly close to each other on the East Anglian coast in England. However, high tide is hours apart at these places. This is precisely the opposite to Southend and Herne Bay, which face each other across the mouth of the Thames. Their tides differ by only a few minutes. Why? Not because the earth is flat! rather it’s due to local geography and the shape of the coastline. While tides, like all other natural phenomenon, are very complex they can nonetheless less be predicted as all the influencing factors apart from weather are known, as a result accurate tide tables can and are produced all over the globe. The correlation between tides and lunar and solar cycles is so obvious that only one such as yourself who has an agenda could be blind to this fact.
Tides change in height – low water level and high water level vary throughout the month. The tides build up to a maximum and fall to a minimum twice a month. The tides with the biggest difference between high and low water are called springs and those with the smallest are called neaps. Spring tides, for example, happen just after every full and new moon, when the sun, moon and earth are in line. That's when lunar and solar tides line up and reinforce each other, making a bigger total tide. Neap tides occur when the moon is in the first or third quarter - when the sun, earth and moon form a right angle. The lunar high tide coincides with the solar low tide and they partly cancel out, giving a small total tide.
The regular motion of the sun, moon and earth cause spring tides to occur roughly 36 to 48 hours after the full or new moon, and for any given location, always at roughly the same time of day. These are undeniable facts, go check them, or ask any meteorologist or sailor.

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2019, 09:42:48 PM »

All this video illustrates is the blind ignorance of the person who made it. Imagining that tides across the globe should all be the same is nothing more than farcical. What is really ironic is the idiot who made it used satilite derived data! It’s another clear example of how far flat earth believers will go in distorting the truth to suit their own agenda.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2019, 11:21:36 PM »

Tide Forecast, Osaka Japan
I did not attempt to show "how things 'regularly are.' ". All I showed one example of an unusual location with one tide/day.
And I did not say "come fifty minutes later/earlier every day"; I said, "Two highs and two lows per day occurring about 50 minutes later each day.
On average the moon goes though a complete cycle of phases (a synodic month) in 29.531 days.
During this period there are, on average, 28.531 tide cycles. This means that, on average, each day the tides are 50 min 28 sec later.

So, on average, it is quite correct to say that tides come "about 50 minutes later each day.".

Now could you address the remains points?
  • Spring tides (the largest tidal range in the moon phase cycle) occur at BOTH new moon and full moon.
  • Neap tides (the smallest tidal ranges in the moon phase cycle) occur at the quarter moon phases.
  • The largest tidal ranges (called King Tides in Australia) occur when the moon is closest to the earth (at its perigee, hence the formal name, Perigean Tides).
    The largest tidal range of all occurs when a Perigean Tide coincides with the earth being closest to the sun or at its perihelion - close to the 2nd of January.
    These extreme tides affect the coastal areas of SE Queensland, flooding low lying coastal streets.

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2019, 01:15:45 AM »
So what is the consensus about tides in the flat earth model? So far there has been no conclusive answer and the only thing you do is try to refute the round earth model instead of providing an answer. Please understand that disproving the round earth in no way proves that it’s flat.

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2019, 06:35:41 AM »
So what is the consensus about tides in the flat earth model? So far there has been no conclusive answer and the only thing you do is try to refute the round earth model instead of providing an answer. Please understand that disproving the round earth in no way proves that it’s flat.

Trying to refute something as well understood and easily checked and confirmed as the tides is really futile. The correlation between the phases of the moon and alignment of the sun and the resulting tides is so patently obvious and has been for thousands of years. Its just one of the many easily verifiable natural phenomena that show just how ridiculous flat earth belief is.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2019, 10:31:13 PM »
Your words are not evidence. You need to prove every one of those points. Make us some YouTube videos or write us a report with world wide data for all of those things. Claims which are made without evidence are discarded without evidence.

Here is a tidal chart from Equador at a location near the equator and directly connected to the Pacific Ocean. The tides don't come 50 minutes later every 24 hours.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 10:35:46 PM by Tom Bishop »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2019, 10:58:19 PM »
Your words are not evidence. You need to prove every one of those points. Make us some YouTube videos or write us a report with world wide data for all of those things. Claims which are made without evidence are discarded without evidence.

NOAA already has this all covered if you care to look and see if your claim, which is currently without evidence, is supported. Once you have evidence to support your claim, please present it back here. For the record, I'm afraid a random You Tube video and a tidal chart or two is not considered evidence. And as you know, claims which are made without evidence are discarded without evidence.

"What are spring and neap tides?

A spring tide—popularly known as a "King Tide"—refers to the 'springing forth' of the tide during new and full moon.
A neap tide—seven days after a spring tide—refers to a period of moderate tides when the sun and moon are at right angles to each other.

NOAA’s tide and tidal current predictions take into account astronomical considerations due to the position of the moon and the sun.”

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/springtide.html

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2019, 11:11:43 PM »
NOAA already has this all covered if you care to look and see if your claim, which is currently without evidence, is supported.

Making vague references to evidence you think exists is not evidence. You need to collect it and present it.

If you think that NOAA is using the sun and moon somehow, you need to show how, and how it supports you. The sun is literally a clock on a 24 hour cycle. Using it with an equation in relation to a phenomena may or may not tell us that the pheomena is related to the sun, any more than relating it to your clock would.

Feel free to explain why the tides aren't occuring 50 minutes later every day as per the theory, while you are at it. If you think that they have data that supports the moon-sun theory, you need to collect it. You need to collect your data and make your presentation.

Until then your evidence is zero.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 11:29:56 PM by Tom Bishop »

Omega

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2019, 11:28:14 PM »
Tom,

Please explain how you can use NASA satellite data to prove the point that the earth is flat, which can only be true if NASA data is fake?