Modern Language "Dilish"

• 31 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Modern Language "Dilish"
« on: April 20, 2019, 07:41:54 PM »
Dilish is a language depends on movements of tongue, simplest and easiest. Since movements of tongue is common, so that this language is common for everybody.

Simpliest words of this language is letters we know. I would like to talk about the simplest words and meanings of this language. This language will be developed here.

R: Rotating, rotate, round.

The letter r is based on the slight rounding of the tongue. and is also a moving letter. Your language must move in order to make the letter r. for this reason the equivalent of this letter "round" is the verb.

S': Left

This letter is a type of S. But you have to move your tongue to left to create this letter. S' means left.

Sh : Right

This letter is a type of Sh. But you have to move your tongue to right to create this letter. Sh means right.

L: Close, closed, forbid, etc

We use L letter to define something close or forbid. Our tongue makes a close shape when we say L. So that L means something closed or forbid.

B: Open, opening

We use B letter to define something open or opening. Our tongue makes an opening movement when we say B. So B means open, opening, and also beginning, etc.

P: Pushing, throwing, forward etc

P letter is actually a few similar with B. We use an opening movement. But meanwhile we push our tongue a bit forward. So that we use this verb for define Pushing, throwing, forward, etc.

Y: wind, chaos, pray

Y letter likes a wind voice. It meanwhile like a prayer voice. Y voice means many thing but mainly for defining the wind, chaos and pray.

C/S: snake, tree, storm, less, small

This C or S is center S, different other than S' and Sh. We use center of the tongue when say C. C letter is a voice of snake. Meanwhile the leaves of the trees resemble the sound they make in the wind. Simple winds was the letter Y. But this one for stronger winds make a Sss voice. This voice is mainly a small category voice simple and small. So that represents simple and less things.

We'll continue from here. This post was just an opening. We have many works to do about this issue. You can contribute to this study. Slang and blasphemous words will not be added to the dictionary.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
Re: Modern Language "Dilish"
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 10:23:29 AM »
That's about how the first attempts of humans to invent language were. They ran out of lexems very quickly. It was frustrating. So much to tell and so little to say.

Then an unknown paleolithic philosopher came along, divided SOUND and MEANING and invented the WORD.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:41:54 PM by FalseProphet »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 12:13:15 PM »
vowels define pronouns.

a,e,i,o,u, ı,ö and ü.

I want to define the letters because English is using letters wrong.

a: America's first a. Ie, not Emerica, but Aamerica.

e: in black's a.

i: little's i.

o: politician's o.

u: you's u.

Meanings of letters:

a: Me/my. This is like I. The difference, when you say I, actually it is "Iy", not I. But here, it is really one letter. Just A. Like adam.

o: we

ö: our

e: you/your. Do you know anything shorter than this?

u: you (plural)

ü: your (plural)

i: it, he, she. Actually this is in Turkish is "o" still one letter. But this one is better.

ı: they.

A simple sentence:

I want to say this sentence in Dilish: "I pushed a snake in left of tree".

Apss's.

Can you tell this? How is it like? Like from heavens or aliens?

See how can it be simple.

Example sentence: "I opened". is

Ab in Dilish.

How is it now?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 05:48:23 PM »
vowels define pronouns.

a,e,i,o,u, ı,ö and ü.

Meanings of letters:

a: Me/my. This is like I. The difference, when you say I, actually it is "Iy", not I. But here, it is really one letter. Just A. Like adam.

i: it, he, she. Actually this is in Turkish is "o" still one letter. But this one is better.

A simple sentence:

Apss's.

Ab in Dilish.

How is it now?

You will run out of words very quickly. Human language needs thousands of words. In your system evry word is a sound, but we cannot distinguish thousands of sounds. That's why the sounds themselves have no meaning in human language. They are combined to words. That way you can make an unlimited number of words with a limited mount of sounds.

Your Dilish language is a devolution of human language to a pre-human state.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 06:23:39 PM »
What if we just moo?

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 06:55:27 PM »
What if we just moo?

Good question. Let us try.

Moo. Moo?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2019, 11:01:53 PM »
vowels define pronouns.

a,e,i,o,u, ı,ö and ü.

Meanings of letters:

A simple sentence:

Apss's.

Ab in Dilish.

How is it now?

You will run out of words very quickly. Human language needs thousands of words. In your system evry word is a sound, but we cannot distinguish thousands of sounds. That's why the sounds themselves have no meaning in human language. They are combined to words. That way you can make an unlimited number of words with a limited mount of sounds.

Nope. Dilish is the language of future. It is beyond this date.

You can create a sentence by usign only a word.

letters have meanings how required.

For example:

We have 30 letters and we need 900 words to talk accurate, right?

In ordinarly  you  can create all words by using two letters:

aa, ab, ac, ... etc.

But this language depends on one letters mean one word.

To get what a sentence means you have to consider other words, ie letters.

Apss's means many things but you can get it after saw other words. Simple to get and use.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 11:21:28 PM »
vowels define pronouns.

a,e,i,o,u, ı,ö and ü.

Meanings of letters:

A simple sentence:

Apss's.

Ab in Dilish.

How is it now?

For example:

aa, ab, ac, ... etc.

Apss's means many things but you can get it after saw other words. Simple to get and use.

You know only 900 words?

And how do two letters constitute a word, when every letter already constitutes a word? A means me already, and ab is a sentence meaning "I opened" or maybe "open for me?", "I will open", "I am open", "open me!", "my openness"...

You have as many words as you have letters, because that is the principle your language is based on.

By the way, this is the language with the highest number of phonemes, so it would give you the highest number of words:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taa_language

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 12:16:27 AM »
vowels define pronouns.

a,e,i,o,u, ı,ö and ü.

Wise is correct with his "English is using letters wrong".
English has many more sounds than it has letters. With English one has to learn how each letter or syllable sounds in various contexts.
It must be extremely difficult to learn how to pronounce things like 'ough' in boughcoughthroughthough and tough.

Other European languages get around this by 'manufacturing extra letters' using accents such as, ç, ć, č and à, á, ą, ä etc.

But I don't know about this Dilish language.
It might have been a good idea of a single 'Universal Language' like Esperanto could have caught on and put all countries on an equal footing.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Esperanto
Esperanto is the most widely spoken constructed international auxiliary language. It was created in the late 19th century by L. L. Zamenhof, a Polish-Jewish ophthalmologist. In 1887, he published a book detailing the language, Unua Libro ("First Book"), under the pseudonym Dr. Esperanto. Esperanto translates to English as "one who hopes".

Zamenhof's goal was to create an easy and flexible language that would serve as a universal second language to foster peace and international understanding, and to build a community of speakers, as he correctly inferred that one can’t have a language without a community of speakers.

His original title for the language was simply the international language (lingvo internacia), but early speakers grew fond of the name Esperanto and began to use it as the name for the language in 1889; the name quickly gained prominence and has been used as an official name ever since.
<< and much more >>
English, with all its faults, has become a sort of default 'international language'.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 12:21:49 AM »

English has many more sounds than it has letters. With English one has to learn how each letter or syllable sounds in various contexts.
It must be extremely difficult to learn how to pronounce things like 'ough' in boughcoughthroughthough and tough.

That has a reason: English is still written in the form it was pronounced in the Middle Ages (Middle English), it is not written in the form it is pronounced today. So there was a time when the letters were "not used wrong".

The same is true for French: they preserved the medieval forms in writing, although they do not pronounce them that way anymore.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 12:36:21 AM »

That has a reason: English is still written in the form it was pronounced in the Middle Ages (Middle English), it is not written in the form it is pronounced today. So there was a time when the letters were "not used wrong".

The same is true for French: they preserved the medieval forms in writing, although they do not pronounce them that way anymore.
They both grew like Topsy.
English suffered from the numerous invasions the picked up bits from its colonies in India, Malasia and South Africa, do ended us with bits and pieces of everything from Greek, Latin, Malay and HindI to the southern European languages, German and Norse.

France put some effort into keeping le français pure but not very successfully.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2019, 12:42:48 AM »

They both grew like Topsy.
English suffered from the numerous invasions the picked up bits from its colonies in India, Malasia and South Africa, do ended us with bits and pieces of everything from Greek, Latin, Malay and HindI to the southern European languages, German and Norse.

France put some effort into keeping le français pure but not very successfully.

Only Norman French had a huge impact, and prior to that Latin. The rest, like German and Malay, has only contributed a few words.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 03:16:26 AM »
Only Norman French had a huge impact, and prior to that Latin. The rest, like German and Malay, has only contributed a few words.
I guess so and that Norman French drove so many of the nice short 4-letter words underground as "dirty words" and not for the "genteel" ;D.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2019, 11:17:17 AM »
vowels define pronouns.

a,e,i,o,u, ı,ö and ü.

Meanings of letters:

A simple sentence:

Apss's.

Ab in Dilish.

How is it now?

For example:

aa, ab, ac, ... etc.

You know only 900 words?

And how do two letters constitute a word, when every letter already constitutes a word? A means me already, and ab is a sentence meaning "I opened" or maybe "open for me?", "I will open", "I am open", "open me!", "my openness"...

You have as many words as you have letters, because that is the principle your language is based on.

By the way, this is the language with the highest number of phonemes, so it would give you the highest number of words:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taa_language

We have to give up consider everything depends on English language structure.

We have to turn the system of Chinese. We'll not use the letters of Chinese, but we'll use its sentence structure.

Chinese hasen't tenses.

I want to give you an example from Chinese to you get it:

- I went school yesterday. A chinese says it with English meaning: "I go school yesterday". It does not need time tense.
- I am going to school. A chinese says it with English meaning: "I go school".
- I will go to school tomorrow. A chinese says it with English meaning:"I go school tomorrow".
- If there was not a time word in sentence, it represents present tense. "I go school" means "I go school".

In your example, ab contains all the meanings of "I open", "I opened", "I will open", "I am opening", "I am going to open"... etc

So that, we have to use a time word to define it, if it was not "I open". ab means "I open". If you want to say "I opened" then you need to use another word define days, weeks or hours those what you need to use. We have not defined the time words yet.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2019, 12:49:43 PM »
I am groot!
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 05:27:13 PM »

We have to turn the system of Chinese. We'll not use the letters of Chinese, but we'll use its sentence structure.

Chinese hasen't tenses.

- I went school yesterday. A chinese says it with English meaning: "I go school yesterday". It does not need time tense.
- I will go to school tomorrow. A chinese says it with English meaning:"I go school tomorrow".
- If there was not a time word in sentence, it represents present tense. "I go school" means "I go school".

In your example, ab contains all the meanings of "I open", "I opened", "I will open", "I am opening", "I am going to open"... etc

So that, we have to use a time word to define it, if it was not "I open". ab means "I open". If you want to say "I opened" then you need to use another word define days, weeks or hours those what you need to use. We have not defined the time words yet.
I've always thought that English would be a terrible basis for a universal language and I mentioned Esperanto.
But Esperanto is still a European based language and something like your suggest might work.

I don't see much possibility of any "Universal Language" being accepted as other than a second laguage for international communication.

Too many countries treasure their "mother tongue" to give them up easily.
Just look at the Gaelic of Scotland, Irish Gaelic (Irish or Gaeilge) and those in Wales who keep Welsh (Cymraeg) alive.

But people might accept something like "Dilish" as a second language instead of having to learn up to 6 as some in Europe do.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 06:05:22 PM »

But people might accept something like "Dilish" as a second language instead of having to learn up to 6 as some in Europe do.

Apss's

Seriously?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 11:06:46 PM »

Chinese hasen't tenses.

I've always thought that English would be a terrible basis for a universal language and I mentioned Esperanto.
But Esperanto is still a European based language and something like your suggest might work.

I don't see much possibility of any "Universal Language" being accepted as other than a second laguage for international communication.

Too many countries treasure their "mother tongue" to give them up easily.
Just look at the Gaelic of Scotland, Irish Gaelic (Irish or Gaeilge) and those in Wales who keep Welsh (Cymraeg) alive.

As you have stated, Dilish is actually just one of the studies on this subject. almost all of the languages ​​in use emerged thousands of years ago, the development of languages ​​that primitive societies started. what is more distressing here is that languages ​​prefer to get harder rather than simplistic as they maintain their development. Esperanto or Chinese sentence structure can be considered. we now have to accept the fact that we deserve better, more universal and more useful languages ​​than these languages. the fact that we continue to use the primitive languages ​​of thousands of years ago is still a shame for the development of humanity.

we make a speech and this conversation lasts for half an hour. it is an unnecessary waste of time for both the speaker and listeners to continue for half an hour while we have a chance to complete it in two minutes. In today's world, where all the elements are racing, the development of a language that everyone can understand and the completion of this in a much shorter time than others will provide an advantage against the ones in this race.

I think it should be organized by an organization like the United Nations.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2019, 12:24:52 AM »

I think if you want to participate in business you learn the language of business.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2019, 01:00:21 AM »

I think if you want to participate in business so you should to learn the language of business.

(corrected)

Is it harder than English?

1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 02:52:08 AM »

I think if you want to participate in business so you should to learn the language of business.

(corrected)

Did you just do the bastard bullshit of changing my words?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2019, 03:39:56 AM »

(corrected)

Did you just do the bastard bullshit of changing my words?

Those were bullshit, not words. I made them words.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2019, 11:21:33 PM »
The failures of invented languages such as Vela, Babm, Blissymbolics, and the invented languages of Wilkins, Somerset, Urquhart, Beck, Lodwick, and Dalgarno; as well as the underlying reasons why such languages fail are well chronicled in Akira Okrent's book, "In the Land of Invented Languages."

Wise has put about 10 minutes thought into his; some of the previous linguists put decades into theirs.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2019, 11:35:04 PM »
The failures of invented languages such as Vela, Babm, Blissymbolics, and the invented languages of Wilkins, Somerset, Urquhart, Beck, Lodwick, and Dalgarno; as well as the underlying reasons why such languages fail are well chronicled in Akira Okrent's book, "In the Land of Invented Languages."

Wise has put about 10 minutes thought into his; some of the previous linguists put decades into theirs.

They had enough number of letters but had not enough number of numbers.*

Why do you want to discuss about oper instead of the issue? And you and some* other globulards like you crouton, are constantly doing this.

Dilish is a good start. Help Dilish. Support Dilish. Love Dilish.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2019, 11:53:05 PM »

Why do you want to discuss about oper instead of the issue? And you and some* other globulards like you crouton, are constantly doing this.

I don't want to discuss oper.

And there's no issue to discuss. Other than that you're a fool.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2019, 12:18:05 AM »

So, insulting is still the main argument of you globuretards.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 05:52:36 AM »
When you refuse to listen to reason, the only thing left to do is call you a retard.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2019, 06:18:43 AM »
There's no reason to follow wise around just to insult him.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2019, 06:22:40 AM »
There's no reason to follow wise around just to insult him.

Sorry, there has been a lack of good AR & CN topics worthy to post on.
Rabinoz RIP

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2019, 06:58:50 AM »

So, insulting is still the main argument of you globuretards.

It's already been explained to you why the OP is problematic.  There is only so much you can do with some languages. 

English is the most complex language used.  It's rules and adaptability for an ever expanding world, while consisting of a small alphabet shows both the complexity and near limitlessness of the English Language.  There is no need to look at some modern "Dilish" language.
Rabinoz RIP