Projecting things onto the dome.

• 22 Replies

The_Heeter

• Globe earth is the ONLY earth
Projecting things onto the dome.
« on: April 20, 2019, 12:38:17 AM »
Another fairly common argument I see/hear brought up is the idea that perhaps the sun, moon, stars, and other objects are simply projections on the inside of the dome. These projections are put up by NASA and other agencies to decive the rabble into thinking there is a vast empty space above the disc.

But here's the thing... how could they possibly hide the projectors needed to do this? Giant beams of light emitting from the ground to make the moon and stars? Good luck hiding that one! Not only would these have to massive, but they would need to be increadably bright to be able to produce as much light as the moon does. This would require a huge amount of power, something that could easily be traced to the source.

I don't know if any on this forum believe in this threory, (I may have also put this in the wrong place, apollogies) but if you do please respond.
Globe earth is the ONLY earth

Re: Projecting things onto the dome.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 07:27:40 AM »
Another fairly common argument I see/hear brought up is the idea that perhaps the sun, moon, stars, and other objects are simply projections on the inside of the dome. These projections are put up by NASA and other agencies to decive the rabble into thinking there is a vast empty space above the disc.

But here's the thing... how could they possibly hide the projectors needed to do this? Giant beams of light emitting from the ground to make the moon and stars? Good luck hiding that one! Not only would these have to massive, but they would need to be increadably bright to be able to produce as much light as the moon does. This would require a huge amount of power, something that could easily be traced to the source.

I don't know if any on this forum believe in this threory, (I may have also put this in the wrong place, apollogies) but if you do please respond.

Another bit to this.
FE claims that these projections were made by NASA.
But the  moon and the stars have always been visible.
Who did the projections before NASA ?
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
  • You keep using that word.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 08:02:18 AM »
That's a neat strawman.
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 09:51:52 AM »
Who did the projections before NASA ?
Ask Wise to look into this -- he's a Flat Earth "Scientist".
Or Sandokhan -- because the Sagnac effect is probably involved and he will find  some math for it

The_Heeter

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 02:20:04 PM »
That's a neat strawman.

How so? Its not really a straw man, its more of a question of belief. It would be a straw man if I used this argument to shift focus from another argument, but I'm really not. I'm using logic to attempt to debunk a common belief, if you have evidence on the contrary please produce that.

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
  • You keep using that word.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 04:13:03 PM »
I haven't seen anyone here state that they believe what you are discussing.
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 04:15:41 PM »
Sceptitank claims they are projections but I donít think he claims nasa is involved.
Sokarul

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 04:35:42 PM »
I was under the mistaken impression that the subject was "Projecting things onto the dome" ?
The question was how and from where were they projected and who projected them  if it wasn't NASA ?
OR is the FE idea that the projections are some sort of natural phenomenon ?
Some FE's don't even believe in the dome idea, too.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 04:53:47 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2019, 12:32:07 PM »
To me its unbelievable that NASA would be able to project these images. They are likely, if they are projected, done by some other natural element that would be more consistent with our thousands of years of history seeing stars.
Quantum Ab Hoc

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2019, 02:17:41 PM »
To me its unbelievable that NASA would be able to project these images. They are likely, if they are projected, done by some other natural element that would be more consistent with our thousands of years of history seeing stars.
Why not advanced aliens keeping us as pets in our dome cage?

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2019, 03:06:37 PM »
That is a possibility, among so many other things. While it is true that there are more things in heaven and Earth, than are dreamt of in my philosophy, I'd like to see some more evidence.

I find the projection based explanations pretty weak in general though, and they seem to be pretty heavy handed on the hand waving.
Quantum Ab Hoc

Heavenly Breeze

• Weather Pegasus
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2019, 12:04:42 PM »
That is a possibility, among so many other things. While it is true that there are more things in heaven and Earth, than are dreamt of in my philosophy, I'd like to see some more evidence.

I find the projection based explanations pretty weak in general though, and they seem to be pretty heavy handed on the hand waving.
And if this is a reverse projection? From space to us on earth? This option suits? Then all the visible facts will correspond to our observations and be confirmed by physics, even lunar eclipses.

Are you sure that the earth is not such?

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2019, 04:56:21 PM »
Does the FES have any ideas as to the percentage or number of. FE's who believe in this idea of the moon, the sun and the stars as objects that are projected on the dome  ?
From what I have observed so far on these forums there does not seem to be agreement among FE's as to the subject of the dome.
So I am wondering just how much FE belief there is in the subject of projections ?

On the other hand (in the real world of the globe earth,that is) there is agreement in what the moon is, how far the moon is from the earth, etc.

Edited later and following added :
I am not trying to derail or off topic, straw man or whatever. I was just trying to get some ideas as to the subject of projections on the dome. What they cover ? (The moon, the sun, the planets etc.) And the source and locations from which they are projected mentioned in previous posts. What is or are the FE explanation or explanations of a projection or projections ?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 07:58:44 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2019, 02:45:16 PM »
I think they (fe) in general concensus there is no dome.
Lets keep removing the implausible until we get to the shape of the earth.

The_Heeter

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 06:01:39 AM »

I'll have to disagree here. The vast majority of FErs I've met/talked to have wholeheartedly believed in a dome. I've met far fewer who believe in other theories such as infinite earth or ice wall, along with the other even more disprovable non-dome theories. I put this thread here based on the assumption that most people believed in the dome. I'm beginning to realize that this forum is honestly a bit of an enigma, There's very little consensus between people as far as theory goes.

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 09:07:25 AM »
Seems to me the main thing about FE's is that they believe in conjecture and conspiracy more than they believe or accept actual science.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2019, 02:06:16 AM »
I haven't seen anyone here state that they believe what you are discussing.
Scepti does.  However he doesn't claim it's NASA.  The source of the sun is a giant arc light on top of a mountain at the North pole.  This reflects off the dome, and we see it as the "sun".  The moon is a reflection of this reflection.  The stars are reflections of glowing crystals around the giant mountain thing.

I shit ye not.

But yeah, it's certainly not a common belief.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2019, 03:57:13 AM »

I'll have to disagree here. The vast majority of FErs I've met/talked to have wholeheartedly believed in a dome. I've met far fewer who believe in other theories such as infinite earth or ice wall, along with the other even more disprovable non-dome theories. I put this thread here based on the assumption that most people believed in the dome. I'm beginning to realize that this forum is honestly a bit of an enigma, There's very little consensus between people as far as theory goes.
That's easy to explain.
If there was one model with one official map, one explanation for gravity etc, etc that one model could be easily debunked with a few facts.

But with so many explanations for everything someone can always say, "But that's not the official . . . . . it might be so-and-so."
It is very hard to shoot down a randomly moving target especially as, when logic fails them, they will say, "but that's just part of 'The Conspiracy against the true shape of the earth' ".

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2019, 04:49:56 PM »
If light reflects off the dome, then lasers and even radar would reflect off the dome as well, correct? Sounds like a pretty easy hypothesis to test then.
Nullius in Verba

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 12:53:54 AM »
If light reflects off the dome, then lasers and even radar would reflect off the dome as well, correct? Sounds like a pretty easy hypothesis to test then.

or the fact there's a no giant arc reactor pumping out sht tons of heat and light in the arctic.

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2019, 08:53:17 PM »
Seems to me the main thing about FE's is that they believe in conjecture and conspiracy more than they believe or accept actual science.
Actually, it is the opposite. We only believe in actual evidence - you can take your "actual science", conjecture and conspiracy to the next town.
Quantum Ab Hoc

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2019, 09:23:55 PM »
Actually, it is the opposite. We only believe in actual evidence - you can take your "actual science", conjecture and conspiracy to the next town.
What is the actual FE evidence ?

« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 09:29:10 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

John Davis

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 09:56:31 PM »
There is no "actual FE" evidence. There is just evidence. You can frame it how you will.
Quantum Ab Hoc