Flat Earth Explanation for Planets

• 6 Replies
Flat Earth Explanation for Planets
« on: April 15, 2019, 09:02:55 AM »
When most flat earthers are asked what the stars and planets in the sky are, the most common explanation is that they are lights in the firmament either above, below or embeded in. When asked what planets are, the most common  answer is that they are wandering stars. So same as stars but they....wander.

A number of flat earthers have taken videos of stars and planets, showing shimmering objects and have taken these as proof that these "objects" are in the "waters above" or at least that the planets are "not what we are told". But by far the most common flat earth explanation is that these objects are simply lights and are not physical objects in any way.

I saw a picture taken by an amature astronomer of some of Jupiter's moons. In particular, callisto is seen to throw a shadow on the Jovian surface.

Now if these objects are simply lights, how do they create shadows?

Since any amature astronomer can make these observations and see the light purported to be Jupiter, and see the lights ourported to be it's moons, and see these lights cast a shadow on another light, how is this explained in flat earth?

I wish I could put up a licture here but I don't know how to do that. So here's a link to a website having the picture.

https://britastro.org/node/9502

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: Flat Earth Explanation for Planets
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 09:21:04 AM »
1.  Find the image in the article.

2.  Right click and select view image.

3.  In the new tab copy the image address.

4.  Make a new post and click the image button.

5.  Between the img tags past the image address.

6.  Profit!

Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 09:48:17 AM »
Thanks.
I tried that but couldn't get the image on. Maybe 'cos I'm using a mobile phone to post.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 10:02:11 AM »
Yeah going through that process on a phone is quite a bit more obnoxious.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 10:09:53 AM »
Yeah going through that process on a phone is quite a bit more obnoxious.

Can you do another list-thingy and show how  it's done?

The_Heeter

• Globe earth is the ONLY earth
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 11:51:25 AM »
When most flat earthers are asked what the stars and planets in the sky are, the most common explanation is that they are lights in the firmament either above, below or embeded in. When asked what planets are, the most common  answer is that they are wandering stars. So same as stars but they....wander.

A number of flat earthers have taken videos of stars and planets, showing shimmering objects and have taken these as proof that these "objects" are in the "waters above" or at least that the planets are "not what we are told". But by far the most common flat earth explanation is that these objects are simply lights and are not physical objects in any way.

I saw a picture taken by an amature astronomer of some of Jupiter's moons. In particular, callisto is seen to throw a shadow on the Jovian surface.

Now if these objects are simply lights, how do they create shadows?

Since any amature astronomer can make these observations and see the light purported to be Jupiter, and see the lights ourported to be it's moons, and see these lights cast a shadow on another light, how is this explained in flat earth?

I wish I could put up a licture here but I don't know how to do that. So here's a link to a website having the picture.

https://britastro.org/node/9502

Well, judging by what I've seen so far on the site, the pic will most likely be dismissed as Photoshop or CGI. Other than that, I've heard a few different explanations such as:

-All the other planets are spheres except the earth.
-The other planets are very small and floating above the disc within the firmament.
-The other planets are situated just outside the firmament.
-The planets are projections on the dome, or otherwise the atmosphere.
-Magic.

None of these can explain certain observable phenomenon such as shadows, eclipses, or planets lining up in their rotations, but its what they believe in. Myself, I've not heard the theory you mention above about the planets being "wandering stars" but rest assured its just a load of Bull-Hockey. I'd be surprised if you ever get a real answer from any flat-earther.
Globe earth is the ONLY earth

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 01:22:24 PM »
The moons of Jupiter have quite a history in the FE/RE debate, perhaps you remember Galileo's telescope and the Catholic Church?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_eclipses_on_Jupiter

Google, youtube "jupiter eclipse". If these are fake, many people have been very busy.

Here is a schedule.

https://s22380.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/WebJphenTab2019.pdf

With a telescope, you can see if you see the shadow. Youtube has videos on exactly how to do it.

FExplanation?
Is it possible for something to be both true and unproven?

Are things that are true and proven any different from things that are true but not proven?