Werepenguins vs NASA XIV: Flatty McFlatface

• 524 Replies

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
Re: Werepenguins vs NASA XIV: Flatty McFlatface
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2019, 01:53:41 PM »

Jura stood on the observations deck bottle in hand, the sky-ship was in the clouds now, the mist eddying around the plexiglass windows.
She spoke to the AI
“Jane, what is our altitude?” But the system was obviously busy, so she searched
around for something to do.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 02:13:14 PM »
Alright, there are 2 possibilities for the first to transform. The first to transform in the recent iteration was Jane. The first to transform overall was ichimaru gin, or so it seems from a brief search. Any thoughts. I'm going to search the gym for some clues, and also get some weight lifting in at the same tine.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 02:24:34 PM »

Jura stood on the observations deck bottle in hand, the sky-ship was in the clouds now, the mist eddying around the plexiglass windows.
She spoke to the AI
“Jane, what is our altitude?” But the system was obviously busy, so she searched
around for something to do.
Current altitude is 30,000 feet and holding, waiting for a plane to finish passing.

I'm going to search the gym for some clues, and also get some weight lifting in at the same tine.
You find a novelty dumbbell where each weight is the azimuthal equidistance projection.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2019, 03:01:02 PM »
30,000 feet and holding...

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2019, 03:12:03 PM »
I check the engine room to see what is powering this baby to keep it from falling from the sky.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2019, 03:15:08 PM »
I check the engine room to see what is powering this baby to keep it from falling from the sky.
You find a thick engineer's guide titled 'Advanced Flat Earth Theory,' do you wish to read it?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2019, 03:19:51 PM »
I wish to skim but before I do I examine the bindings and shake the guide to see if there are any loose papers contained within.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 03:25:43 PM »
It's nice that Stash gave us all beanies.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2019, 03:47:47 PM »
I wish to skim but before I do I examine the bindings and shake the guide to see if there are any loose papers contained within.
There are no loose notes or papers, just 500 pages of size 8 font on laevorotatory and dextrorotatory subquarks, as well as the properties of acoustic levitation and the Biefeld-Brown effect.

Also, yes, major shout-outs to Stash! That looks incredible.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2019, 04:09:32 PM »
Hey Jane, would you mind moving the players to this thread so it is easier to keep track of deaths etc.

From what I understand the psychic cannot find a wild card but an empath can?

The bard can give psychics/empaths two scans per day. What about a bodyguard, could that play guard two people at once with the help of the bard?

Also, I would like to make my way to the shower room...I heard some weird sounds from that direction, multiple voices and one was definitely jroa...I don't know what is happening or if I want to know, but curiosity...you know what that did to the cat
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2019, 04:16:21 PM »
Hey Jane, would you mind moving the players to this thread so it is easier to keep track of deaths etc.
Ah, thought I'd done that. Done now!

From what I understand the psychic cannot find a wild card but an empath can?

The bard can give psychics/empaths two scans per day. What about a bodyguard, could that play guard two people at once with the help of the bard?
Yes and yes.

Also, I would like to make my way to the shower room...I heard some weird sounds from that direction, multiple voices and one was definitely jroa...I don't know what is happening or if I want to know, but curiosity...you know what that did to the cat
What you find in the showers is best not to be described, suffice to say it is something you will never forget. Poor Sir Fluffers...

Bom Tishop

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2019, 04:30:33 PM »
What you find in the showers is best not to be described, suffice to say it is something you will never forget. Poor Sir Fluffers...

Not sir fluffers!!! Who else was in there with jroa?? It was boydster wasn't it!

Get out of here fluffers while you can. I was hoping I would see them wrestling with a penguin or something...not that.

I quickly exit the horror, step out on the observation deck and get some air.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2019, 06:00:03 PM »
There are no loose notes or papers, just 500 pages of size 8 font on laevorotatory and dextrorotatory subquarks, as well as the properties of acoustic levitation and the Biefeld-Brown effect.

Also, yes, major shout-outs to Stash! That looks incredible.

NSS you should read the entire thing. Word for word.

And CFC I was not in the shower you weirdo. I was in the larder, Wich I assume is Australian for fancy skyboat bar.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2019, 06:20:02 PM »
The area above the vessel is clear. The ship begins ascending again. JANE is carefully navigating a path and monitoring air traffic as we pass this altitude, and may not be able to respond immediately to any queries.
It reminds you that there are still infiltrators aboard. Be sure you know what you want to do with them.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2019, 07:03:42 PM »
Do we want to have a peaceful day or are we going guns blazing into this?

I wish to inspect the painting on board, paintings always hold clues.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2019, 10:13:03 PM »
I've been rifling through the filing cabinet in the business room. It's filled with manila folders stuffed with reams of paper, but I can't find any order to it. Is there any way to figure out what I'm looking at or looking for, for that matter?

Bom Tishop

« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2019, 10:37:10 PM »
I've been rifling through the filing cabinet in the business room. It's filled with manila folders stuffed with reams of paper, but I can't find any order to it. Is there any way to figure out what I'm looking at or looking for, for that matter?

Not sure what to tell you.

All I can say is do not.. I repeat DO NOT go in the showers if jroa is in there.

You're welcome

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2019, 02:34:21 AM »
I look in the fridge because I'm hungry
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2019, 02:49:54 AM »
Do we want to have a peaceful day or are we going guns blazing into this?

I wish to inspect the painting on board, paintings always hold clues.
The Samuel Shenton portrait that stands outside the secret office truly is grand. And... what's that in the frame? You tug out a curl of paper. 'An answer that starts with p comes immediately after an answer that starts with d.'

If you can't find anything, it's probably not there. Hopefully there are notes that the workmen left behind to locate the passwords and allow entry to Daniel's office.

I look in the fridge because I'm hungry
You find food. A great deal of food. Don't eat it all at once, it's meant to last a few days. Curiously there is also an alarm clock. It reminds you that there are five hours until night falls.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2019, 03:14:59 AM »

Do we have torpedoes, can we break out the Jolly Roger and elect Gayer as captain and visit Cloudbase and say hi to Melody? Can we?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2019, 03:22:22 AM »

Do we have torpedoes, can we break out the Jolly Roger and elect Gayer as captain and visit Cloudbase and say hi to Melody? Can we?
Unfortunately there are no torpedoes. This vessel's means of self-protection is a giant mechanical arm holding what appears to be a ping pong bat off the side. There is a tiny chance the engineers may have been drunk when they designed this. But it's fine. It's probably fine.
You can elect whoever you wish as captain, but currently I am in charge of all the ship's systems so it may be a primarily symbolic gesture.
You want to visit another base while we have penguins or NASA agents aboard?! Are you mad?!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2019, 06:19:08 AM »
I volunteer as symbolic captain!
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2019, 06:49:12 AM »

Break out the rum! We can chop off one of Stash’s legs below the knee and fit him with a wooden one.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2019, 07:03:45 AM »

I promised not to kill you. I can't, in good conscience, vote to murder you into the ghost council now :'(

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2019, 07:06:43 AM »
Beep boop.
Automated alarm to let you all know it is one hour until sunset. No public votes have been cast.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2019, 07:36:35 AM »
As a move away from the search for the answer, I propose we don't vote to kill, the night may provide us with additional information.

In the spirit of the search, I rummage around the living quarters for clothes that mimic those of Shenton.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2019, 07:38:48 AM »

I promised not to kill you. I can't, in good conscience, vote to murder you into the ghost council now :'(

Who said anything about killing you psycho, "symbolic"

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2019, 07:40:18 AM »
In the spirit of the search, I rummage around the living quarters for clothes that mimic those of Shenton.
The only clothes aboard are those which the volunteer crew has packed. In your search however you do curiously find a hot dog suit.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2019, 07:50:46 AM »
I decide to wear the hotdog suit. Maybe that will confuse the penguins and make them think I'm an unhealthy meal.  Godspeed fellow travelers.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2019, 08:01:07 AM »
A clock chimes throughout the ship. The lights dim.
Night has fallen. Get some rest, brave travellers. Who knows what will happen tomorrow?

Daniel's study remains locked. Of all the clues that are currently accessible, at an estimate two more would be required to deduce the passwords. Where has yet to be searched?
Evils, psychic, anyone else with nighttime powers, you know what to do.