Debunking the 'look out the window'-"proof" that planet earth is flat

• 34 Replies

Sekiro

• Open-minded Earthling
I have found a very interesting post about somebody using a basketball and a conventional camera with superzoom to prove that the humans' very small point of view of earth does NOT prove that earth is flat. It just looks like that because the minimal curvature is not perceivable by the human eye. This would mean that the widely used argument of not seeing a curved horizon when 'looking out the window' is invalid. 8)

Link: https://imgur.com/gallery/nSGtPtz

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Debunking the 'look out the window'-"proof" that planet earth is flat
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 12:18:22 AM »
* Load all images into "Helicon Focus" software for "focus stacking" to produce a final image with a greater range of depth in focus.

CGI = proof ?

Sekiro

• Open-minded Earthling
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 02:37:46 AM »
Why do you think it's CGI ?   IT IS JUST A PHOTO SHOWING THE SURFACE OF A BASKETBALL !!!!11!!1!!!!1!!! caps

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 02:42:16 AM »
Why do you think it's CGI ?   IT IS JUST A PHOTO SHOWING THE SURFACE OF A BASKETBALL !!!!11!!1!!!!1!!! caps

duhhhhhhh . . .

* Load all images into "Helicon Focus" software for "focus stacking" to produce a final image with a greater range of depth in focus.

Sekiro

• Open-minded Earthling
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 02:52:58 AM »
Uhm what am I supposed to answer to that?

And why do you think the photo is CGI ?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 02:56:34 AM »

And why do you think the photo is CGI ?

Quote from:  YOUR link

Sekiro

• Open-minded Earthling
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 03:00:06 AM »
It says there: 'for "focus stacking" for a greater range of depth in focus.' This is not cgi

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 03:09:37 AM »
It says there: 'for "focus stacking" for a greater range of depth in focus.' This is not cgi

CGI  (see-gee-eye) noun,
1.  computer-generated imagery (special visual effects created using computer software).

Sekiro

• Open-minded Earthling
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 03:45:50 AM »

CGI  (see-gee-eye) noun,
1.  computer-generated imagery (special visual effects created using computer software).

That's the point. "special visual effects" (where you create something that is not there, i.e. a 3d model) not focus stacking which is a common technique to create greater depth of field while photographing very small objects. It is digital image processing, obviously, but it is NOT CGI because there is no "computer-generated imagery" but just stacked individual photos with a different field of view.
See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_stacking

Now please quit being so narrow-minded or just straight up trolling and indulge yourself in the truth. Not because I'm telling you but because it is right. You can't deny the truth just because you don't want to believe it.

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 01:19:58 PM »
You will soon learn that anything our funny moose friend posts on here can safely be scrolled over as it never has any impact on the outcome.
Kinda like indy in raiders. Although very entertaining, weather he was there or not makes no difference
You can't fix FE.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 02:19:42 PM »
"Look out your window" isn't proof, it is evidence.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 03:00:50 PM »
Not when either:
  • Your window overlook uneven terrain and small hills as mine does from home.

• The straight level ocean horizon seen from the holiday apartment on Stradbroke Island is exactly what would be expected on the Globe earth.

from Stradbroke Island Apartment

JackBlack

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 03:13:10 PM »
Evidence for what?
It certainly doesn't seem to be evidence for a FE.
If I could see a giant wall of ice off in the distance, in every direction, then maybe.

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 10:39:23 AM »
Any globe seems flat if you are close enough to the surface. Just like the basketball.
And concerning the "CGI argument": Computer generated imagery is EVERY digital image, dumbos. How do you think the photos are stored? THey are converted into digital data by a small computer chip inside the camera, which means that the image you see is generated by the computer of the camera, thus fitting the base definition of "computer generated imagery", so all your proof the earth is flat is worth the same as our "evidence"

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 12:26:48 PM »

It isn't either proof or evidence of a flat earth since you are a very small speck of a person looking out on a very small part of a very large thing ,......the circumference of the globe.  If the earth was flat and you could look out far enough , you would not be able to see the ice ring because it would be obscured by the atmoplane if the distance was very far. You would see a blur in the distance.

On the other hand ,  if you were on a ship in the middle of the ocean and looked out your Port Hole or window at the horizon you would see proof and evidence that the earth isn't a flat disc but a round globe. You could see the horizon very plainly because the distance to the horizon would only appear to be a few miles away because of the curvature of the earth and  it would not be obscured by the atmosphere......assuming it was a clear day. You could only see as far as it is to the horizon.If the earth was flat you could see forever if it wasn't for the problem mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Debating this is really very foolish anyway .
Most sane and intelligent persons know the earth isn't a flat disc but is a round globe.
One does not wish to cast aspersions on the FE's and the FES but one does have ones doubts about their sanity and intelligence.
???

Hey , Space Cowgirl -
Did you know that I was once was in the Navy ?

Did you know that :
I often looked out the Port hole in our "Radio Room #2 Compartment" on our ship or went out on the open deck and what I posted in the previous paragraph was what I saw with my own eyes.......and binoculars ?
Has any FE ever done that by them self ?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 01:12:33 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 12:51:57 PM »
If you think it is foolish to debate this, what are you doing here? Isn't there some other place on the internet that would find your experiences at sea believable and also completely and utterly fascinating?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2019, 01:10:16 PM »
If you think it is foolish to debate this, what are you doing here? Isn't there some other place on the internet that would find your experiences at sea believable and also completely and utterly fascinating?

Good question !
I guess I am here because I am really a very foolish person who is utterly fascinated with this whole idea that some people believe that the earth is a flat Earth surrounded by a wall or ring of ice.

I do try to post things which I know are true and believable.

There are lots of other interesting websites on the internet, too.
Since I am rather foolish and ignorant of a lot of things I have learned a lot of things.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 01:31:45 AM »

CGI  (see-gee-eye) noun,

That's the point. "special visual effects" (where you create something that is not there, i.e. a 3d model) not focus stacking which is a common technique to create greater depth of field while photographing very small objects. It is digital image processing, obviously, but it is NOT CGI because there is no "computer-generated imagery" but just stacked individual photos with a different field of view.

Can you create the image without a computer?  NO.

Ergo, CGI.      ::)

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 01:37:12 AM »

CGI  (see-gee-eye) noun,

Well yes, yes you can. Take a Polaroid camera and put it close to a huge spherical object. And then ask yourself while looking over the pictures "Where is the curvature"? Right, there is none.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 01:50:18 AM »

CGI  (see-gee-eye) noun,

Well yes, yes you can. Take a Polaroid camera and put it close to a huge spherical object. And then ask yourself while looking over the pictures "Where is the curvature"? Right, there is none.

Clearly a Polaroid camera is not a computer.
Obfuscation will not work here.

You're the one saying that using a computer to generate an image
does not create a computer generated image.

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2019, 01:53:49 AM »
Any image created with a non-analog camera is a CGI. Period.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2019, 02:00:23 AM »
You will soon learn that anything our funny moose friend posts on here can safely be scrolled over as it never has any impact on the outcome.
Kinda like indy in raiders. Although very entertaining, weather he was there or not makes no difference

What were you saying?   

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 03:11:07 AM »
Any image created with a non-analog camera is a CGI. Period.
Mr A. B. WInkle rarely releases his full name.
Look, in his own post he does not deny it: My experiences in this forum « Reply #78 on: April 21, 2019, 01:53:20 PM ».

?

thegamusic

• Start reading, start studying..the truth will come
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2019, 01:33:37 AM »
I have a question for the moose: did you learn in your life that not everything you see with your eyes is like your eyes see it? I hope I don't need to give you any examples of this....

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2019, 01:39:12 AM »
I have a question for the moose: did you learn in your life that not everything you see with your eyes is like your eyes see it? I hope I don't need to give you any examples of this....

Please give me some examples of this....

?

thegamusic

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2019, 01:53:02 AM »

Since I am an artist in my little world, I will give you a poetic example: during the sunset you see the sunlight becoming red, but it's not the sun changing colour. Do you need any more examples?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2019, 01:57:10 AM »

Since I am an artist in my little world, I will give you a poetic example: during the sunset you see the sunlight becoming red, but it's not the sun changing colour. Do you need any more examples?

I am an artist in the real world.
yes, please, give me some more examples.

?

thegamusic

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2019, 02:01:08 AM »

I think it would be nicer if you decided to answer my question.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2019, 02:09:56 AM »

?

thegamusic

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2019, 02:14:12 AM »

???