Debunking the 'look out the window'-"proof" that planet earth is flat

• 34 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Debunking the 'look out the window'-"proof" that planet earth is flat
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2019, 03:58:27 AM »
I have a question for the moose: did you learn in your life that not everything you see with your eyes is like your eyes see it? I hope I don't need to give you any examples of this....

Please give me some examples of this....

Since I am an artist in my little world, I will give you a poetic example: during the sunset you see the sunlight becoming red, but it's not the sun changing colour. Do you need any more examples?

I am an artist in the real world.
yes, please, give me some more examples.
It doesn't look very flat if I 'look out the window':

Though it's a bit hard to tell.

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2019, 07:26:34 AM »
It says there: 'for "focus stacking" for a greater range of depth in focus.' This is not cgi

CGI  (see-gee-eye) noun,
1.  computer-generated imagery (special visual effects created using computer software).

That's the point. "special visual effects" (where you create something that is not there, i.e. a 3d model) not focus stacking which is a common technique to create greater depth of field while photographing very small objects. It is digital image processing, obviously, but it is NOT CGI because there is no "computer-generated imagery" but just stacked individual photos with a different field of view.
See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_stacking

Can you create the image without a computer?  NO.

Ergo, CGI.      ::)

Actually the first spy satellites dropped film.
Sokarul

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2019, 02:27:08 PM »

Can you create the image without a computer?  YES. Has Mr All Bull Winkle ever heard of film cameras?

Some spacecraft returned to earth with real film:
Quote from: Larry Gerstman
SOVIET LUNAR PHOTOS
Zond-5
On September 18, 1968, Zond-5 became the first spacecraft to circle the Moon and return to land on Earth. .. . . . . It photographed the Earth from a distance of 90,000 km:

Zond-7
Zond-7 photographed the Earth on August 9 and performed two photo sessions at the Moon on August 11, 1969.
It shot 35 pictures with the SKD camera and 300 mm objective, on 5.6 5.6 cm frames of color and panchromatic film:

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2019, 12:10:15 AM »
It says there: 'for "focus stacking" for a greater range of depth in focus.' This is not cgi

CGI  (see-gee-eye) noun,
1.  computer-generated imagery (special visual effects created using computer software).

That's the point. "special visual effects" (where you create something that is not there, i.e. a 3d model) not focus stacking which is a common technique to create greater depth of field while photographing very small objects. It is digital image processing, obviously, but it is NOT CGI because there is no "computer-generated imagery" but just stacked individual photos with a different field of view.
See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focus_stacking

Seriously, wtf does that have to do with image stacking to create a CGI?

RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

?

Souleon

• Truth interested

Can you create the image without a computer?  YES. Has Mr All Bull Winkle ever heard of film cameras?

Some spacecraft returned to earth with real film:
Quote from: Larry Gerstman
SOVIET LUNAR PHOTOS
Zond-5
On September 18, 1968, Zond-5 became the first spacecraft to circle the Moon and return to land on Earth. .. . . . . It photographed the Earth from a distance of 90,000 km:

Zond-7
Zond-7 photographed the Earth on August 9 and performed two photo sessions at the Moon on August 11, 1969.
It shot 35 pictures with the SKD camera and 300 mm objective, on 5.6 5.6 cm frames of color and panchromatic film:

Nice proof. Now we only need an FEB to get hands on the films and to do radiocarbon dating on it ...  :P
Facts that can be explained logically by FET and not by RE: None.