Let there be light!

• 2 Replies
Let there be light!
« on: December 10, 2005, 08:58:19 AM »
I've chosen a bible quote for a very good reason here; i want to discuss the creation of the Earth.  I'm a physisist, just in case you didn't guess, so I'm inclined to believe the very nice little theory about lumps of matter tending to attract other lumps of matter, much as a knot of people conversing tend to attract other people.  I also like the standard inflationary model of the universe, because it allows us to begin to understand where those lumps of matter come from.

I would be interested to learn how the flat-eathers believe that the Earth formed/was created and, if is accelerating upwards, where it was created.  Knowing the benchmarks for accelerating upwards would be useful as well.  For example, compared to what are we accelerating?

Let there be light!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 09:13:02 PM »
Oh no not a physicist.  I share my home with one of those things and he gave up arguing the supremecy of his science aeons ago.  

As a starting point, was it not Suzuki (the fameous Japanese physicist) whom stated that "All knowledge is conditional".  

Yes it was. Do you know what he meant?  Most physicists I have known have been very closed minded and despite possessing impressive knowledge of scientific methodology have no idea where this knowledge arises from and definetely no understanding of the FACT that this kind of understanding has its limitations.  

On a lighter point I once shared my home with 4 computer scientists ( :lol: ) who perpetually asserted that psychology is a pseudo-science.  That is until I asserted that if they were computer scientists then surely the chap that services my car is a car scientist. :D

answers on a postcard
ts obvious isn't it.  No one can prove a damn thing.  Especially in this of all possible worlds. LOL

Let there be light!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 07:00:38 PM »
Quote from: "mikolaj_koppernigk=cojon"

On a lighter point I once shared my home with 4 computer scientists ( :lol: ) who perpetually asserted that psychology is a pseudo-science.  That is until I asserted that if they were computer scientists then surely the chap that services my car is a car scientist. :D

LoL
*Rereads and laughs again*