Why are they different?

• 10 Replies
Why are they different?
« on: April 11, 2019, 07:48:31 AM »
Is there anything that would make it possible to post in General, Q&A and Debate but for the site to wig out if I try to post in PR&S, CN, AR, Science, Lounge etc?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Re: Why are they different?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 07:50:38 AM »
What do you mean by "wig out"? Could you describe what happened?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

NotSoSkeptical

• Habitual Wise Toucher
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 08:08:05 AM »
If the site would "wig out" if you posted it in CN or AR, you can't post it else where.
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 08:12:06 AM »
The proxy service you are using uses the same ip addresses as spambots sometimes. If your ip changes to one that is banned, you will get a banned message that probably just says "spambot".  If this is not what is happening, then I still need to know what you mean by "wig out".
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 04:11:34 PM »
If I click 'post' for anything from a topic to a reply in a lower forum, I just get taken to a "can't connect" page. I'd understand if this was universal and would put it down to my connection, but for some reason posting works just fine in the other forums above it. There's something special about how posts work in the lower forums.

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
  • You keep using that word.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 04:21:08 PM »
Hmm that seems really strange. I can't say that I've encountered that issue before. Is there any more detail on the error message that you can share?
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 04:43:30 PM »
The exact error I get is:

The requested resource could not be loaded. libcurl returned the error:
couldn't open file ""

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 04:51:40 PM »
There's no filename inside the quotation marks?

Can you browse without using any proxies and a fresh, up-to-date browser and see if it still gives the error? I haven't heard of anyone else encountering this issue, so I don't think this issue is with the forum.
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 04:56:34 PM »
No filename. I'll try reconfiguring my set-up, there's too much stuff out there for me to not keep a layer of protection up but I just wanted to bring up the issue as something weird.

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2019, 05:01:07 PM »
Are you using curl to post? If so, why? I'm struggling to understand where curl is getting added into the mix.

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 04:35:03 AM »
I'm not even sure what curl is, that's just what happens when I click the button.