If the Earth is flat with this big "ice wall" how is THIS possible?

• 53 Replies

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: If the Earth is flat with this big "ice wall" how is THIS possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 07:56:21 PM »
If the Earth is flat with this big "ice wall" how is THIS possible?

You were able to post a link to something because you have interweb access.   ::)

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 10:12:00 PM »

You were able to post a link to something because you have interweb access.   ::)

I see what you did there  ;D ;D ;D

Fixed your botched quote.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 10:26:07 PM by Bullwinkle »

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 10:17:17 PM »
http://www.gcmap.com/featured/20190320

Ha ha - you disappointed me. This and that looks more fantastic.

" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
The earth believes, because magic exists!

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 05:27:14 AM »
I believe hes showing a 3 sided triangle with angles adding to 270.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 03:06:58 PM »
Can no flat=earther give a straight answer to "If the Earth is flat with this big "ice wall" how is THIS possible?"

How could these flights be possible if the earth were flat and looked like the usual "Ice-Wall" map?

Featured Map for 20 March 2019: Southern Oceanic Flights

I won't go into the detail of all distances on that  "Ice-Wall" map but even the Sydney (YSSY/SYD) to Santiago (SCEL/SCL) is about 25,500 km - far outside the range of any of the aircraft used.

The only answers so far have been that all these flights are "fake" - the old "it's the conspiracy to hide the shape of the earth" again.

Greg's Frog

• Area 51 Guard
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 10:24:26 PM »
I guess this "Ice Wall" could be possible on a flat earth since it doesn't receive much sunlight since it's the outermost part of the flat earth, however the Antarctic Treaty states that going to Antarctica could be used for research purposes. So, if a large group of flat earthers plan a journey, they can finally reveal the truth to everyone.

That being, the Earth is a globe.
Old Name: Unepic Globetard. Changed 5/22/2019
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=81539.0

Creeper, aw man...

The_Heeter

• Globe earth is the ONLY earth
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 05:45:56 AM »
I guess this "Ice Wall" could be possible on a flat earth since it doesn't receive much sunlight since it's the outermost part of the flat earth, however the Antarctic Treaty states that going to Antarctica could be used for research purposes. So, if a large group of flat earthers plan a journey, they can finally reveal the truth to everyone.

I had a short discussion with John Davis and Heavenly Breeze about this, but he eventually ignored me because that seems to be the FESs main weapon. He claimed the antarctic treaty blocked his travel to Antarctica, but that is completely untrue. If any flat-earther has a plane, (unlikely as it would require them to realize the earth is round) they could easily get a research permit and fly to Antarctica, in fact they could even land there. I brought this up in multiple threads, and received no (serious) response to any of my posts.

Almost as if they know its true...
Globe earth is the ONLY earth

Greg's Frog

• Area 51 Guard
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2019, 05:58:09 PM »

I had a short discussion with John Davis and Heavenly Breeze about this, but he eventually ignored me because that seems to be the FESs main weapon. He claimed the antarctic treaty blocked his travel to Antarctica, but that is completely untrue. If any flat-earther has a plane, (unlikely as it would require them to realize the earth is round) they could easily get a research permit and fly to Antarctica, in fact they could even land there. I brought this up in multiple threads, and received no (serious) response to any of my posts.

Good point. I don't think many flat earthers know about this in the Treaty that was signed. Luckily, flat earthers are planning a journey to travel to this "Ice Wall" so they can "prove" the Earth has an "edge"
Old Name: Unepic Globetard. Changed 5/22/2019
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=81539.0

Creeper, aw man...

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 11:35:06 PM »
If the earth is flat than we are missing many pieces of the puzzle.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 12:28:12 AM »

Almost ;)!
There have been numerous circumnavigations of the earth via both poles by air, various means of transport and even entirely human (and wind) power.
See: Mike Horn: Pole2Pole.

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 01:18:33 AM »

u're almost there...
really close to it.

if all evidence points to X then it must be ...

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 01:39:29 AM »

u're almost there...
really close to it.

why?

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 02:37:29 AM »

u're almost there...
really close to it.

why?

"why" what or nothing to add as usual?
boooya

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 03:07:39 AM »
http://www.gcmap.com/featured/20190320

Sorry. Outer links are not arguments. If you have an argument so I'll be glad to listen it. Also, sorry because I've reported thread because of hidden advertisement.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 05:23:26 PM »

u're almost there...
really close to it.

What do youmean?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 05:26:39 PM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 10:48:45 PM »

u're almost there...
really close to it.

why?

"why" what or nothing to add as usual?
boooya

he said X, I said Y.   ;)

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 03:17:08 PM »
The ice wall would have to be thousands of miles tall to stop the air leaking over the top.

Ice isn't that strong.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 05:32:01 PM »
The ice wall would have to be thousands of miles tall to stop the air leaking over the top.

Ice isn't that strong.
Or there's a solid dome (composed of frozen hydrogen and helium ;D, according to Sceppy) covering it all ::).

Surely if these FEers really want to learn "THE TRUTH" on this matter just take a ship all around this "continuous Ice Wall" and measure it's length.

But look! It seems that they are finally going to settle the matter "once and for all" with this new "expedition":
          Flat Earth Supporters Now Plan An Antarctica Expedition To The Edge Of The World by Jim Dobson
I wonder if they'll have any more success than Andrea Barnes? in her search of the edge?

But these modern "intrepid" explorers are only going to look at the "Ice Wall" and not go right to the "edge".

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2019, 11:01:22 PM »

Ice isn't that strong.

ice is pretty strong

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2019, 04:18:33 PM »
Or there's a solid dome (composed of frozen hydrogen and helium ;D, according to Sceppy) covering it all ::).

Surely if these FEers really want to learn "THE TRUTH" on this matter just take a ship all around this "continuous Ice Wall" and measure it's length.

But look! It seems that they are finally going to settle the matter "once and for all" with this new "expedition":
          Flat Earth Supporters Now Plan An Antarctica Expedition To The Edge Of The World by Jim Dobson
I wonder if they'll have any more success than Andrea Barnes? in her search of the edge?

But these modern "intrepid" explorers are only going to look at the "Ice Wall" and not go right to the "edge".
Frozen hydrogen and helium? Hmmm, but the sun doesn't melt it? But yeah, you'd think they would look at the ice wall and take photos. It should be easy to see, being thousands of miles tall and above 99% of the atmosphere. You could probably look out of any window in the world and see it.

ice is pretty strong

It is, they reckon a glacier could be up to 220m tall before breaking.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/just-how-tall-can-a-glacier-get-before-it-breaks-5862320

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2019, 04:46:46 PM »
Ice is even taller on Pluto, with water ice mountains that are several kilometers high. So, it can get pretty strong.

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2019, 05:04:40 PM »
Ice is even taller on Pluto, with water ice mountains that are several kilometers high. So, it can get pretty strong.

Ice isn't stronger on Pluto, it's just got lower gravity.

But you don't even believe in Pluto do you? Those flyby pictures are just NASA fakes to you?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2019, 05:15:35 PM »

But you don't even believe in Pluto do you? Those flyby pictures are just NASA fakes to you?

Uh, yeah, at the temperatures it would be on Pluto, it's definitely stronger than the glaciers you are referring to.

Also, why would you assume my beliefs?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2019, 06:22:44 PM »
Frozen hydrogen and helium? Hmmm, but the sun doesn't melt it? But yeah, you'd think they would look at the ice wall and take photos. It should be easy to see, being thousands of miles tall and above 99% of the atmosphere. You could probably look out of any window in the world and see it.
Sceppy (sceptimatic here) is the one dreaming up such nonsense based purely on his "common sense ;D" you'd better ask him.

He's well know and is Sceppy elsewhere as in:
          The Wild Heretic: << Space machines do not orbit the Earth >> I was almost getting pulled into Sceppy’s “gravity is denpressure”.
But he hasn't posted in quite a while.

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 08:40:08 AM »

Uh, yeah, at the temperatures it would be on Pluto, it's definitely stronger than the glaciers you are referring to.

Also, why would you assume my beliefs?

OK, stronger due to temperatures we don't have on Earth, so it's not really relevant.

I didn't assume your beliefs, that is why there were question marks at the end of the sentences.

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2019, 08:49:17 AM »

Ice is very strong.
Why do you keep saying ice isnt strong?

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2019, 06:24:09 PM »
I know for a fact that the Ocean Race (formerly Whitbread, formerly Volvo) every four years does around the world race, and they use the southern ocean as much as possible becuase that's where the big wind is. I knew people on the support team who went to each port. They sailed from South Africa to Melbourne and then around Cape Horn. They sent me pictures. I have estimated the speed they would have to go on the UN/polar/FAQ map as over 100 mph. Average.

Google "ocean race" or "volvo ocean race" or "whitbread race". Since 1970s.

More NASA conspiracy? Includes my friends, who sent pics of themselves and the boats from each port.
Is it possible for something to be both true and unproven?

Are things that are true and proven any different from things that are true but not proven?

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2019, 07:10:22 AM »

Ice is very strong.
Why do you keep saying ice isnt strong?

OK, you find me a picture or reference to a self supporting glacier on Earth  taller than say (and I'm being easy on you here) 1km.

Considering the Antarctic ice wall would have to be thousands of km tall, even if you find one it doesn't really prove anything in support of the ice wall.