non-believers

• 24 Replies
non-believers
« on: April 02, 2019, 03:57:30 AM »
As it is quite obvious, there are a lot of people on this website who don't believe in the flat earth. My question to you is why do you think you have the right to come on our website and attack us and call us fools? It is understandable for people to have different opinions but this is our belief, and to call us idiots for believing is just inappropriate. We aren't hurting anyone, are we? Please just let us be as no matter what someone believes in, they are still human.

Re: non-believers
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 04:32:08 AM »
As it is quite obvious, there are a lot of people on this website who don't believe in the flat earth. My question to you is why do you think you have the right to come on our website and attack us and call us fools? It is understandable for people to have different opinions but this is our belief, and to call us idiots for believing is just inappropriate. We aren't hurting anyone, are we? Please just let us be as no matter what someone believes in, they are still human.

Spreading false beliefs in public, especially when your method of spreading it is propped up by lies attacking various groups and wilful ignorance, can be damaging to society (i.e. hurt people). It encourages paranoia, adds to the rejection of science (which helps prop up garbage like rejecting vaccines which is a real threat to society), outright slanders people and organisations and to some extent can even encourage people to overthrow governments.

If you want to be left alone there is a very simple solution, keep your beliefs to yourself. Tell no one about it. Don't accuse of others of lying or fabricating evidence.
As soon as you start making a belief public, people have the right to comment on it, including calling people idiots/fools for believing it.

It is understandable for people to have different opinions on opinion based things, like if chocolate or strawberry ice cream is better.
But when you are making claims about reality, objective claims which can be tested, it no longer makes sense for people to just have different opinions as one is objectively correct.

But for the most part, people here aren't attacking FEers, they are just showing the massive flaws in their arguments.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 04:54:48 AM »
I would say that calling NASA liars is hurting people:
That leads one to wonder what else NASA has lied about. We know the Moon landings were a Hollywood production. You cannot trust NASA to give you the truth, they must be rejected in the course of debate. NASA is not a trustworthy source of information.

I would say that a post like this is trying to cause harm to people:
We have to ask this question.

Because they are selling tickets from Sydney to Santiago. But all passangers turn missing after they bought the tickets. It has to be neither an evidence about their staying alive, nor an evidence of their flights.

Aussies have rich people, everybody has camera and smart phones. I'm sure most of them want to record the flight, or maybe they recorded it. But unfortunately, Qantas maybe has killed them all. We don't know this.

Rest in peace, if good minded passangers caught by bad minded aircraft company.
Calling someone a satanic liar seems to be trying to cause harm:
You're clearly a liar man. If the earth spins in 23 hours and 56 minutes, if there is a difference of 4 minutes, so why don't we feel this? When our clocks show 6 as a sun rising, why did not it turn to 5:00 after just 25 days? After 25 days to 4:00, after 25 days to 3:00? Why don't we never see sun rising in 3:00?? Shame on you!

You are a satanic liar man. What kind of liar can continue to say lies insistenyle like yourself. I'm not sure you are a real human or a computer program.
And more:
America makes the rules, and he who dares to take away their pride, position or status will feel their wrath.
Of course America needed an arch enemy in form of the USSR..... without it they cannot shine and use absolute propaganda rhetorics to activate limitless fundings and initiate devastating wars.
Even today with all the hacking and wars in the middle east America still uses Russian rockets to go to the ISS.
Of course they do, because behind the screens they are one big happy family of deceivers and thieves who don't care at all about the lives of anyone in particular.

To believe in a flat earth one has to believe in a massive conspiracy that claims all who must know the true shape of the earth are actively lying or at least withholding the true shape of the earth from the populace in general.

This has been covered in numerous threads but such a list must include at least: all astronauts and all those directly involved in the "space industry", all international airline pilots and ships navigators, all professional and amateur astronomers, very many amateur radio operators (HAMS), all geodetic surveyors, etc, etc.

But what is probably worse than that is the way the flat earth idea must deny the very basics of physics and astronomy and so lead to a further dumbing down of the young people of our society.

So, a few people believing that the earth is flat does no harm to anybody and there are few enough in this society that they will cause no significant impact.

But the wider Flat Earth Movement on YouTube and other social media is quite a different matter.
Many Flat Earthers there are so filled with hate against NASA, Space missions, "Globers" and any who get in their way that I believe that they do pose a significant threat to younger people.

Well, that's my opinion for what it's worth.

?

non-flatearther

• rational crtical thinking
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 08:35:15 AM »
Well i think if you wouldnt like to discuss there wouldnt be board called Flat Earth debate :D
Before you can talk to me learn physics.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 09:37:37 AM »
You cater to the delusional, the people that lack any sort of common sense, the picked upon as kids, the basement dwellers, the scientific wannabees. I don't see why calling you out on it would make any difference, if you are sound in your beliefs. Grow a pair.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 10:41:03 AM »
Haha
"Free speech" is never free.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 10:55:41 AM »
Haha

So he has a right to punch.   :)
I have answer good or bad for all questions.Just first look at the question, is it a real question; then I look at the questioner, is it a real human.

Now you do have :)

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 12:18:38 PM »
Maybe Buzz shouldn't have hit the guy but to be fair they wouldn't leave him alone, they were harassing him. He was probably tired of being constantly accused of lying..

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 12:41:57 PM »
Maybe Buzz shouldn't have hit the guy but to be fair they wouldn't leave him alone, they were harassing him. He was probably tired of being constantly accused of lying..

Definitely we have something as personnel circle. People in our personnel circle makes us irritated.

If I remember it true, so it has to be a law in Norway or Sweden, you can not come closer a man less than a metre. It is a legal crime because of harassment.

the pressman is absolutely provoking him with this action.
I have answer good or bad for all questions.Just first look at the question, is it a real question; then I look at the questioner, is it a real human.

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2019, 01:19:52 PM »
It is understandable for people to have different opinions but this is our belief, and to call us idiots for believing is just inappropriate. We aren't hurting anyone, are we? Please just let us be as no matter what someone believes in, they are still human.

So you admit the Flat Earth is just a belief, not supported by evidence.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2019, 01:33:27 PM »
Yes. If someone is continually harassing you and following you around, you have the right to defend yourself, even if it requires the use of physical force.

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 01:55:58 PM »
Yes. If someone is continually harassing you and following you around, you have the right to defend yourself, even if it requires the use of physical force.
It would have to be incredibly irritating to have to deal with reporters in your face like that all the time.

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 02:15:04 PM »

You are lucky you are behind a keyboard.
Wise and scepti and sando could box you too for your demands of the truth!.
Haha

Greg's Frog

• Certified Idiot
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 02:17:52 PM »
It's simple. Don't act like we're the only ones that insult other groups. Part of my name is called Globetard because that's what your group calls us. Honestly, I don't care about it. You are on the internet, you are going to see tons of people throw insults/jokes etc. If you don't like jokes about your group, I recommend not expressing your belief on the internet.

NotSoSkeptical

• Wise is my Alt!
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2019, 08:13:30 PM »

That's not accurate.  You have a right to defend yourself.  But unless your life is in direct danger or physical contact was initiated by the harassing party, you using physical force against the harasser would be battery and you would find yourself in handcuffs in the back of a police vehicle.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 08:16:42 PM by NotSoSkeptical »
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2019, 09:48:37 PM »

That's not accurate.  You have a right to defend yourself.  But unless your life is in direct danger or physical contact was initiated by the harassing party, you using physical force against the harasser would be battery and you would find yourself in handcuffs in the back of a police vehicle.

Well I wonder why cahrges weren't pressed against Buzz. I would have liked to see the reaction of a judge to someone harassing a National Jero, calling him a liar, a fraud and claiming his life's work was simply to decieve and defraud.

Reminds me on a man who walked in on some miscreant trying to rape his child. The miscreant's mugshot had him with both eyes swollen shut, cracked lips and blood everywhere. The sheriff said about the father "he has done nothing wrong in my book. I have nothing to charge him with"
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 11:21:20 PM by SpaceCadet »

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2019, 03:45:09 AM »
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6fhj6f

Skip to 13:40 if you already seen this episode.

faded mike

• new world
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 11:50:34 AM »
Haha

If I punched someone, I'd probably get locked up.
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 05:38:13 AM »
Haha

So you have to not do it.

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2019, 10:28:22 AM »
Haha

"Committed".

faded mike

• new world
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2019, 07:20:56 PM »
The founding dr of our major mental institution round here, which forcibly sterlized people for years, i heard he killed himself. He was a mental health expert.
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

faded mike

• new world
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2019, 07:22:38 PM »
Sorry to say.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:35:20 PM by faded mike »
           -them

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 12:29:41 AM »
The founding dr of our major mental institution round here, which forcibly sterlized people for years, i heard he killed himself. He was a mental health expert.

What kind of psychiatric hospital (or similar) forcibly sterilizes people?

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 09:37:42 PM »

RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2019, 05:25:56 AM »

Actually there have been really bad things done.
Forced sterlization of NA natives, poor people in india, mental handicapped.
Beatings.
Rape.
Etcetc.