Why So Pessimistic?

• 25 Replies
Why So Pessimistic?
« on: January 16, 2007, 11:33:12 PM »
Why are you FE’s so distrusting of authoritarian figures and pessimistic in 99.99% of modern science. That’s all I want to know

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 11:39:26 PM »
I seriously doubt that accepting RE requires a rejection of 99.99% of modern science.

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 10:39:50 AM »
Well, there is not a single scientist in the late 200 years the agrees with this theory, unless you can prove otherwise. I think 99.99% is a fair .

?

Tom Bishop

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 10:52:27 AM »
Well, there is not a single scientist in the late 200 years the agrees with this theory.

Samuel Birley Rowbotham

Charles K. Johnson

William Carpenter

EvilToothpaste

• The Reverse Engineer
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 10:53:40 AM »
Quote from: "Genius Will"
Well, there is not a single scientist in the late 200 years the agrees with this theory, unless you can prove otherwise. I think 99.99% is a fair .

99.99% of people believing the Earth not flat does not mean 99.99% of science (now there's an arbitrary quantification) disagrees with the Earth being flat.

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 11:02:22 AM »
"Samuel Birley Rowbotham

Charles K. Johnson

William Carpenter"

So you think that three men, who barley understood science (proof of this is there ridiculously simplistic experiments, not showing anything about the curvature of the earth) is enough justification to back a 2000 year conspiracy?

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 11:19:44 PM »
"Samuel Birley Rowbotham

Charles K. Johnson

William Carpenter"

So you think that three men, who barley understood science (proof of this is there ridiculously simplistic experiments, not showing anything about the curvature of the earth) is enough justification to back a 2000 year conspiracy?

No, we think that these men plus own experience is enough to back our conspiracy theory. No one is more trustworthy than yourself!

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 01:09:09 PM »
Quote from: zaudragon
Quote from: Genius Will
"Samuel Birley Rowbotham

Charles K. Johnson

William Carpenter"

No, we think that these men plus own experience is enough to back our conspiracy theory. No one is more trustworthy than yourself!

Wow. "No one is more trustworthy than yourself". Think about what our society would be if everyone only trusted themselves and disregarded everyone else’s opinion. It would be chaos. FE's have ego problems. They lack the ability to listen to people who are smarter, and more experienced than them (i.e.: scientists)

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 01:27:29 PM »
Quote from: "zaudragon"
"Samuel Birley Rowbotham

Charles K. Johnson

William Carpenter"

Wow. "No one is more trustworthy than yourself". Think about what our society would be if everyone only trusted themselves and disregarded everyone else’s opinion. It would be chaos.

You mean like it is right now?

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 04:41:48 PM »
Quote from: "zaudragon"
"Samuel Birley Rowbotham

Charles K. Johnson

William Carpenter"

Ok, so what "experience" do you have that the Earth is flat?

And don't say "because it feels so" - that has been explained.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 06:44:56 PM »
Quote from: "TheInspiration"

The Earth look round to you?

~D-Draw

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 06:51:25 PM »
it does not need to look round due to its size. What is the basic shape of an octagon?... Round. Now if you add more and more straight sections then they become less apparent so even though you could be standing on a straight section all of the sections combined wil make a circle.
Only 2 things are infinite the universe and human stupidity, but I am not sure about the former.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 07:03:58 PM »
Because the Earth is so large, the curvature would not be noticeable to us at ground level. However, that only shows that it is possible that the Earth is round. It is not proof.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 07:04:10 PM »
Quote from: "cbarnett97"
it does not need to look round due to its size. What is the basic shape of an octagon?... Round. Now if you add more and more straight sections then they become less apparent so even though you could be standing on a straight section all of the sections combined wil make a circle.

You need to upgrade your mental imaging to vector graphics  :lol:

?

Tom Bishop

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 07:09:43 PM »

Well the earth is neither an octagon or a circle, so you're way off base there.

The most obvious straightforward answer to the shape of the earth is that the earth is flat. You can see this by looking outside your window. By insinuating that the earth is a globe you are  imposing a skewed set of beliefs where up becomes down and the rational becomes irrational. By suggesting the earth is a globe you are telling all people of the world that their eyes are lieing to them. You are turning the earth into a big optical illusion.

A flat earth explains not only the shape of the world, but the mechanism for gravity. Something RE does not.

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 03:09:27 AM »
Quote from: "DiegoDraw"
Quote from: "TheInspiration"

The Earth look round to you?

~D-Draw

yes actually it does

i take it you have no knowlege of surface tension in liquids??
water or any liwuid always wants to become a perfects shpere .
drop some water on a plate this is why it stayes in the middle and doesnt instanly spread to a cell thick layer on the plate . this is also why water droplets are perfect circles.

may aswell put it here . gravity you's say it is caysed by the fe moving at speed . how does this explain antigravity flights  ? for your theory to be right the plane would have to be desending towards the earth at the same speed as the earth is moving into space. this is impossible . also gravity is caused by massevery thing has gravity even ourselves . if two people are places in space we will slowly attrac eachother because we have mass

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 04:51:52 AM »
Quote from: "r0bbert"

may aswell put it here . gravity you's say it is caysed by the fe moving at speed . how does this explain antigravity flights  ? for your theory to be right the plane would have to be desending towards the earth at the same speed as the earth is moving into space. this is impossible .

The airplane would only need to stop accelerating upwards, not desend at the same speed as the earth is traveling.  We don't feel velocity.

also gravity is caused by massevery thing has gravity even ourselves .

That's not an answer to the question.

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 09:28:12 AM »
Quote from: "Tom Bishop"

A flat earth explains not only the shape of the world, but the mechanism for gravity. Something RE does not.

WOW, im guessing you did not get past 8th grade

?

Tom Bishop

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 11:48:05 AM »
Quote from: "obcrock"

WOW, im guessing you did not get past 8th grade

Explain the RE mechanism for gravity, then.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 02:33:55 PM »
We have you just keep ignoring them.

Simply put, if I kick you in the balls, Tom, it's what keeps your ass on the ground and not sailing off into space.

I think that's a pretty good explanation.

Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 03:35:26 PM »
Explain the RE mechanism for gravity, then.

I can see what you're getting at...
We say that all objects that have mass attract each other with a force that is proportional to the two masses and inversely proportional to the distances between their centers squared, and then you say but then what is the mechanism behind the gravitational force, knowing full well that gravitons have not yet been discovered.

Well, by the same argument, I could say: What is the mechanism  behind a force caused by a net overall acceleration? ie. Why is f=ma. I'm sure you will tell me something along the lines of.... all matter resists change, so the "Force" we experience is simply a resistance to a change in velocity.

Well why is that then? Because that is our experience of the universe? Well it is also my experience of the universe that all matter exerts an attractive force on all other matter.

My point is that in both of our theories, and almost any scientific theory, certain concepts need to simply be taken for granted before they can be expanded upon in order to give a meaningful picture of the mechanisms that drive our universe.

?

BOGWarrior89

• We are as one.
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 04:33:21 PM »
Quote from: "Hara Taiki"

Simply put, if I kick you in the balls, Tom, it's what keeps your ass on the ground and not sailing off into space.

He was asking for the cause of gravity.

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 05:33:54 PM »

Hara, how can you ever eat with your foot constantly shoved in your mouth?

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 07:14:02 PM »
Quote from: "CharlesJohnson"
My point is that in both of our theories, and almost any scientific theory, certain concepts need to simply be taken for granted before they can be expanded upon in order to give a meaningful picture of the mechanisms that drive our universe.

NO. In science, NOTHING is taken for granted. Face it, the Universal Accelerator holds just as much water as gravity. The only difference is that the entire world was tricked into believing gravity.

Re: Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 07:19:35 PM »
Why are you FE’s so distrusting of authoritarian figures and pessimistic in 99.99% of modern science. That’s all I want to know
*Sigh* We aren't distrusting of authoritarian figures. It's just like this; the earth is flat. The government says it's round. They have the resources to know it is flat, so they must obviously be lying. We aren't conspiracy mongers, it's just the only explanation that makes sense. And I'm quite sure that a bit less than 99.99% of all science is against us...we have our own proof, so we must have at least 20% of that 99.99%...probably closer to 25%. Besides, yesterday used to be the present...think of all the then-modern scientists who were proven to be horendously wrong! The truth is, this matter of our earth's shape is still very much up in the air. Just because the majority says it is round today doesn't mean it really is. Nature doesn't give in to trends.  :wink:

*Nibbles on kitten*
Nibbles on kitten*

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
Why So Pessimistic?
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 09:06:10 PM »
Quote from: "Rick_James"

Hara, how can you ever eat with your foot constantly shoved in your mouth?

I wasn't even trying to be serious, dammit.

Ignore me if you have to, I don't care, I'm here for the laughs, man, THE LAUGHS!

Of course I'm the only one really laughing, but that's ok by me.