Space travel cannot be faked

• 81 Replies
Space travel cannot be faked
« on: March 27, 2019, 08:41:39 AM »
I am aware that flat earthers believe that space travel is a vast conspiracy put on by NASA and other agencies and governments, but there is too much that supports the idea. There are satellites and the ISS that can be seen from Earth, there are livestreams and videos and pictures, and of course there are the people. There are astronauts and cosmonauts and even ordinary people, from space tourists to those taken by aliens, who continually profess and swear to the fact that they were in space. Many of these people are not aligned, and particularly the latter group are wholly independent of the government so what reason would they have to lie? The simple existence of UFOs which many people can attest to and have personal, zetetic experience of makes it clear that space travel does in fact exist because how else could they make it to our world from other planets? The evidence for space travel is simply too vast and overwhelming, and the evidence for a conspiracy far too thin and lacking. Nothing could ever persuade all these people to lie so often and for so long and never let anything slip. The government agencies are not the only ones who have been to space, and many countries with terrible relationships nevertheless agree that they have achieved some degree of space travel. Mankind must have been to space, and because of this the images we have from space, universally a round earth, must be accurate.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Space travel cannot be faked
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 12:12:07 PM »
How do you think government secrets are kept?

images we have from space, universally a round earth, must be accurate.
Why does the existence of these images somehow make them accurate? Is it not possible that a flat earth in curved space would indeed appear curved?
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 12:35:54 PM »
He's making up aliens and you're making up baloney.

What a great kickoff for this thread!

JackBlack

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 01:47:58 PM »
Is it not possible that a flat earth in curved space would indeed appear curved?
That depends entirely upon what you mean by "Flat Earth" when it is in curved space, and what your curved space is doing.

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 04:30:20 PM »
The simple existence of UFOs which many people can attest to and have personal, zetetic experience of

UFOs? Like, 747s seen at night through clouds? Balloons, birds lit by street lights and Venus? Experimental aircraft and rockets shedding their first stage?
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 04:44:18 PM »

Why does the existence of these images somehow make them accurate? Is it not possible that a flat earth in curved space would indeed appear curved?
Space missions are no longer just "governments" and especially not one government.

There are some 72 governments now with their own satellites with about 12 with launch capability, including Iran, Israel, China and North Korea.

Then there are numerous "private" companies with satellite launch capability.

So, I fail to see how  space missions can be faked or why anyone would want to.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 05:29:04 PM »

Space missions are no longer just "governments" and especially not one government.

There are some 72 governments now with their own satellites with about 12 with launch capability, including Iran, Israel, China and North Korea.

You missed the point.

They aren't faked. We are mistaken.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 07:28:01 PM »
The simple existence of UFOs which many people can attest to and have personal, zetetic experience of makes it clear that space travel does in fact exist because how else could they make it to our world from other planets?
Just because an object is flying and unidentified doesn't mean it's from another planet.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 07:33:51 PM »
even ordinary people, from space tourists to those taken by aliens,
Is
Is everyone just going to ignore that?
We are? Ok, good, just checking.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 08:10:06 PM »
What you would you have us do? Go down the alien rabbit hole?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 09:14:15 PM »
You missed the point.

Really? Why would anyone take any notice of your baseless hypotheses? All you did was post a hypothetical question.
Is it not possible that a flat earth in curved space would indeed appear curved?

Not only does the earth look "curved" but it also appears to be a rotating spherical object.

Your "curved space" does have some very interesting properties.

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 09:24:04 PM »
rabinoz I see, if you do not know the answers, then just quote Wikipedia. Here you are talking about alternative space agencies. BUT!!! Such, alas, no - carefully read the documents. And do not talk nonsense.
The earth believes, because magic exists!

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 10:10:27 PM »
You missed the point.

Really? Why would anyone take any notice of your baseless hypotheses? All you did was post a hypothetical question.

Not only does the earth look "curved" but it also appears to be a rotating spherical object.

What a great photo! Thanks for sharing it with us! Let me put that right up on the Fridge.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 11:09:32 PM »
You missed the point.

What a great photo! Thanks for sharing it with us! Let me put that right up on the Fridge.
Rather than ridicule, what about explaining what sort of "curved space" might cause that sort of thing?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 11:11:45 PM »
rabinoz I see, if you do not know the answers, then just quote Wikipedia.
Heavenly Breeze,
  • Where do you claim that I "do not know the answers"?
  • And where did I "quote Wikipedia"?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 11:16:54 PM »
You missed the point.

Rather than ridicule, what about explaining what sort of "curved space" might cause that sort of thing?
Photoshop is the kind of "curved space" that would produce that nonsense.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 11:20:04 PM »
Just look at that bugger go with his fake drop shadow and all, in a straight line not even pretending to orbit the earth. What a fucker,

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 11:20:48 PM »
Good design guys. Great job.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 11:50:50 PM »

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 11:51:59 PM »
How is the 50s fridge ad cartoon more believable than that nonsense.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 12:18:32 AM »
What about some evidence because there are plenty of photos from sources other than NASA or even the USA.
Some show the earth and moon from near the moon and thousands are from far enough away to show almost a whole hemisphere.

And you earlier said this:

So which is it?

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2019, 02:10:26 AM »

You missed the point.

What do you mean, mistaken?  There are many companies launching satellites for exploration and communication.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 06:57:11 AM »
What you would you have us do? Go down the alien rabbit hole?
Why would you not want to?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 06:00:25 PM »
Sure is a lot of "fake" images out there.
https://himawari8.nict.go.jp/

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 06:13:12 PM »

There are astronauts and cosmonauts and even ordinary people, from space tourists to those taken by aliens, who continually profess and swear to the fact that they were in space.

Ask anyone in prison if they are guilty.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2019, 09:59:14 AM »
You missed the point.

I couldn't even imagine what kind of mental gymnastics one must perform to justify anything causing "this sort of thing."

For one, the moon is traveling tangental to the surface of the earth. Let alone it being shadowed by some magic invisible object when entering and exiting the frame.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2019, 10:01:29 AM »
What about some evidence because there are plenty of photos from sources other than NASA or even the USA.
Some show the earth and moon from near the moon and thousands are from far enough away to show almost a whole hemisphere.

And you earlier said this:

So which is it?
Obviously, not every single picture a child finger paints of a globe is legitimate representation. Yet most I'd wager do a fair job better than this. I have no doubt many, if not most, images of the earth are faked. Probably not for any real reason other than marketing and design. Mr Blue Marble certainly states he stitches together his Blue Marble.

JackBlack

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2019, 02:53:21 PM »
For one, the moon is traveling tangental to the surface of the earth.
No, if that was the case it would have passed through Earth.
It may be travelling parallel to a tangent, but that doesn't mean it is a tangent. And remember, a small section of a sufficiently large circle will look like a straight line.

Let alone it being shadowed by some magic invisible object when entering and exiting the frame.
So if something isn't in your vision, such as if it is behind you, it is being shadowed by some magic invisible object?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2019, 03:39:39 PM »

I couldn't even imagine what kind of mental gymnastics one must perform to justify anything causing "this sort of thing."

For one, the moon is traveling tangental to the surface of the earth. Let alone it being shadowed by some magic invisible object when entering and exiting the frame.
What are you talking about?
What is this "traveling tangental to the surface of the earth"?
I don't see the moon being "shadowed by some magic invisible object when entering and exiting the frame" but
I do see the effect of taking the exposures sequentially through the colour filters.

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2019, 05:28:09 PM »
Well for anyone not taken in by the "fake NASA" conspiracy, this image produced from multiple images taken by the DISCOVR spacecraft, all by itself, removes any question that the earth is a spinning globe.