Pete Svarrior and MCToon friendly chat

• 52 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Pete Svarrior and MCToon friendly chat
« on: March 21, 2019, 09:00:37 AM »
Didn't know where to put this. Seems like a chat between MCToon and Pete is happening today if anyone is interested.

Pete and I had a nice chat for my Coffee with a Flat Earther series on YouTube.  The video is premiering Thursday, March 21 8:00pm GMT or 3:00pm CST.

You can watch live and participate in the live chat or watch any time later.

Thanks for the cordial chat, Pete.

Junker

Re: Pete Svarrior and MCToon friendly chat
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 09:02:48 AM »
Pete has a nice voice and is always worth a listen.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 09:22:00 AM »
Pete has a nice voice and is always worth a listen.

Agreed, he was great on the Ghostbusters chat from a couple of years ago.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 11:47:34 AM »
The question I have is, does he sound asian or is his pic just a fake to make him look smarter than he is.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Junker

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 11:48:54 AM »
The question I have is, does he sound asian or is his pic just a fake to make him look smarter than he is.

Why would he sound Asian? Would he sound like a criminal hacker on this forum since that is what his picture looks like here?

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 11:51:43 AM »

Why would he sound Asian? Would he sound like a criminal hacker on this forum since that is what his picture looks like here?

Are you saying asians can't be criminal hackers?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 12:38:33 PM »
I thought Pete Svarrior was pizzaplanet who changed his name to sex warrior...the one who went on a little Australian excursion with Parsifal.

Am I wrong on this?

If I'm not then he is definitely not the one in that picture.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 12:49:32 PM »
You are correct as far as I know. He hides behind a fake person, presumably due to a lack of conviction in his beliefs.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Junker

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »
...presumably due to a lack of conviction in his beliefs.

And that would be an incorrect presumption. But you should listen in anyway. Just a couple minutes to go now.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 01:05:07 PM »
What the hell is that accent?

It sort of sounds like Scottish mixed with the Netherlands.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Junker

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 01:05:46 PM »
Very seductive.

Junker

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 01:08:44 PM »
Dammit MCToon stop trying to fan the flames  >:(

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 01:08:44 PM »
Oh don't get me wrong. I am rock hard right now. I just can't place the accent.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2019, 01:25:05 PM »

And that would be an incorrect presumption. But you should listen in anyway. Just a couple minutes to go now.
I know I ask Junker when I want the facts.

Junker

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2019, 01:29:29 PM »

Am I to assume that Daniel lacks conviction as well since he also uses a fake name? Of course not, that would be nonsensical. Thankfully, knowing both of their real names affords me a level of "facts" that you simply aren't privy to. Not a big deal and no reason to get into an argument, you just wanted to get in a dig on Pete.

Anyway, this conversation train never leads anywhere productive, so I will leave you to it.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2019, 01:31:59 PM »
Texan! That's the accent. Maybe he knows CFC. Mystery solved.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »

It sort of sounds like Scottish mixed with the Netherlands.
It’s an English accent he picked up from watching English tv.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 02:47:49 PM »

Am I to assume that Daniel lacks conviction as well since he also uses a fake name? Of course not, that would be nonsensical.
Of course, the use of a fake "person" is not the only metric by which I'm judging.

Thankfully, knowing both of their real names affords me a level of "facts" that you simply aren't privy to. Not a big deal and no reason to get into an argument, you just wanted to get in a dig on Pete.

Anyway, this conversation train never leads anywhere productive, so I will leave you to it.
Yeah I know both their names too. Congratulations.

While I did want to get a dig in, I still doubt his sincerity in his beliefs. Of course, folks doubt mine at times too. So that means little to nothing; I should give him the benefit of the doubt - so I will.

Apologies for the presumption, "Penis Warrior."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 03:11:43 PM by John Davis »

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 08:40:53 PM »
Hahahaha..

Pete says "... because we don't want to have that kind of power..."

Made ma laugh to hear him say those words. I just can't imagine it.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 10:04:21 PM »
Pete does not sound Asian at all. For some reason I picture a skinny white pompous dweeb.

His avatar is a LIE and so is his conviction in his beliefs. Flat Earth is just a LARP for bim

For shame

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 11:51:46 PM »
Some interesting tidbits:

Pete sounds in this interview so level headed, fair, reasonable, objective. It really doesn't sound like the Pete we see doing the things Pete does.

NOTE: These videos are linked to the time at which he said what I quote or paraphrase, they are not all the same starting time!
(I tried to make them inside the url tag so they would just be clickable and not inline, but it made them embedded anyway. Sorry to show the same thumbnail so many times in a row. The urls do have ?t=nnn start time codes, hopefully they work.)

EDIT: Ugh. It's ignoring the start times. I thought that worked. oh well, I'll change it to just the timestamp, people can copy it into URL if they want.

The video:

?t=476
Above: "We are running the website so in a way we have some power, but at the end of the day, if someone wants to do something that's popular with the community, then they should just go ahead and do it. .... We don't want to have this sort of power."
Again, power seems to be what keeps Pete going. This isn't the Pete I know.

?t=557
Above: Pete says that Tom Bishop is the one doing most of the wiki updates.
That makes sense, it seems the wiki was Bishop's baby.

?t=1134
"If you are going to try to try and promote an idea that is currently alternative, you have to engage with people who don't agree with you. If you're only engaging the people who agree with you, you're just created an echo chamber..."
Again, that's not the Pete I know. If someone makes too many convincing arguments, they get canned, thus enhancing the echo chamber.

?t=1496
Above: Pete says "I am a flat earth believer, but I do not consider it to be some unquestionable truth that...."
and "I don't consider it so much a fight against the round earth model, but I am particularly taken back  by the decline in critical thinking..."
and "So this is sort of my focus, my focus is much more on encouraging people engage in sort of an extreme skepticism and question anything are presented with..."

That all sounds well and good, but I've found experience to show that critical thinking and extreme skepticism and questioning what Bishop writes in the Wiki is not much appreciated by Pete.

Following the above video section, he goes on to explain he doesn't believe in the dome, the edge. Not very flat there.

?t=2090
Above: "The argument I find the most convincing myself.... it's the relative inability to observe the curvature by yourself in any major way.... it is very hard to directly observe by the human eye.."
What? wow, a water level even at 50ft above sea level shows clearly to the eye that the horizon drops down. Measuring the drop to confirm the curve would be simple.
And at observer=1000ft above sea level, entire snow capped mountain ranges (who are obviously numerous thousands of feet tall) are all below eyelevel if a long ways away.
And you can go to the beach, look at a city across 20 miles of water, and not see a thing. Go up 10 feet, and begin to see the tops of the sky scrapers, go up 50 feet, and see entire sky scrapers.
And ships vanishing bottom first, and doing so at a faster rate with distance than they shrink in the horizontal direction.
Very hard to observe by the human eye? Not hardly.

Pete's definitely an interesting character. He has the intelligence to look out to the horizon and see that there is strong direct visual indication of a curve of 8"/mile^2.
And yet he doesn't bother.

Very interesting all in all.

That is an odd accent.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 11:54:27 PM by Tom Foolery »

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2019, 11:58:03 PM »
Great job Pete. Always glad to see one of the elite Flat Earth minds spreading FET among an audience that will listen.

For what it's worth, as a long-standing member of FES, Pete is probably the most passionate, honest, and determined proponent of FET I've ever seen. People may disagree with his tactics or beliefs, but it's clear he cares about FES and FET more than almost anyone.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2019, 12:13:19 AM »
Great job Pete. Always glad to see one of the elite Flat Earth minds spreading FET among an audience that will listen.

For what it's worth, as a long-standing member of FES, Pete is probably the most passionate, honest, and determined proponent of FET I've ever seen. People may disagree with his tactics or beliefs, but it's clear he cares about FES and FET more than almost anyone.

Wise takes the crown for belief in this forum. Pete comes across as doing it for shits and giggles whereas wise has a fierce and unshaking conviction.

Tom Bishop perhaps in the "other" forum.

But Pete? Maybe just has a good voice for radio?

But that accent....  :o ???

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2019, 12:22:55 AM »
You are correct as far as I know. He hides behind a fake person, presumably due to a lack of conviction in his beliefs.

I find it interesting that you mention his presumed lack of conviction in his beliefs.

I actually told Pete a couple weeks ago that I questioned whether he actually believed that the earth was flat.

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2019, 02:13:21 AM »
Pete's argument is that flat earth explanations can adequately explain everything the heliocentric model can. I don't think he actually believes it. When I last argued with him, he was more interested in who was arguing better, not necessarily who was correct. He's a debater.

Junker

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2019, 06:04:57 AM »
Wise takes the crown for belief in this forum.

By your flawless logic, wise actually isn't a believer because his avatar portrays him as Raiden from the Mortal Kombat movie when we know in fact that he isn't. Just another larper according to you.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2019, 09:08:55 AM »

By your flawless logic, wise actually isn't a believer because his avatar portrays him as Raiden from the Mortal Kombat movie when we know in fact that he isn't. Just another larper according to you.
There's a big difference between presenting a different person in an avatar and presenting a different person to the media. Back to your logic, I believe Daniel used a photo of himself as his avatar for a long time; I believe it said something like "I'm Daniel", since I created it around the whole Conan O Brien  / Leno stuff as well as the break between the two forums, playing on "I'm with Daniel/CoCo"

Its obvious why folks might hide their real name. There is a real stigma around our beliefs. Just yesterday my aunt in law posted some deflamatory crap on my facebook, along with a high school friend. So I get it, and to restate it again - I'm more than happy to give him the benefit of the doubt, in spite of him being yet another "pizza planet" poster and his history.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 09:10:37 AM by John Davis »

PizzaPlanet

• Now available in stereo
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2019, 12:26:31 PM »
New Orleans. Why do you ask?

Also, junker, while I appreciate your concern, there's no need to stick up for me. John says many things, oftentimes things he later apologises for. I've learned to look at it with the humour I presume is intended.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 12:31:44 PM by PizzaPlanet »
hacking your precious forum as we speak 8) 8) 8)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2019, 05:33:04 AM »

Why do you try to prove anything about me that I am not? Do you have a type of looser mind? You, and your alt Benjo have to give up to deal with me. Go find you and to your alt another business.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Junker

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2019, 09:36:45 AM »
Why do you try to prove anything about me that I am not? Do you have a type of looser mind? You, and your alt Benjo have to give up to deal with me. Go find you and to your alt another business.

I am not trying to prove you are something you are not, wise. I know you are strong in your beliefs and convictions. I was just pointing out some bad logic.