Questions

• 18 Replies
Questions
« on: March 20, 2019, 01:58:50 PM »
I'm not a subscriber to the flat earth theory. But I am curious about a few things. If the earth is truly flat, as you claim, then what's on the other side of this disc? Is it just dirt? or is it the same planet only in reverse? Is it something else?

Also the ice wall. Your FAQ says it's indefinite. So if someone climbed it and started walking outward would they just walk into space forever?

Satellite TV. I have DirecTV. Which as you know is satellite. If satellites are not real, then how does my TV service work?

Have you considered the circumference of the earth compared to the circumference of your eye? The size of your eye in comparison is so insignificant that of course the earth will look flat from where you're standing.

If someone was to take you on a plane ride, and fly in a straight line, and stay on that straight line without deviating, and you came back to the exact spot you took off from wouldn't that prove that the earth is a globe instead of flat?

I'm not trying to start any fights or be insulting, I'm just curious.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 02:08:34 PM »

Satellite TV. I have DirecTV. Which as you know is satellite. If satellites are not real, then how does my TV service work?

Probably intermittently. Get cable. 

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 09:45:20 AM »
So you're just going to ignore my other questions? It seems that by ignoring them, it shows you have no true foundations for your philosophy and only want something to rebel against.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 10:35:33 AM »
So you're just going to ignore my other questions? It seems that by ignoring them, it shows you have no true foundations for your philosophy and only want something to rebel against.

He is not a flat earth believer. And yes, he is a rebel of the flat earth reality.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 10:52:29 AM »
I'm not a subscriber to the flat earth theory. But I am curious about a few things. If the earth is truly flat, as you claim, then what's on the other side of this disc? Is it just dirt? or is it the same planet only in reverse? Is it something else?

Also the ice wall. Your FAQ says it's indefinite. So if someone climbed it and started walking outward would they just walk into space forever?

Have you considered the circumference of the earth compared to the circumference of your eye? The size of your eye in comparison is so insignificant that of course the earth will look flat from where you're standing.

If someone was to take you on a plane ride, and fly in a straight line, and stay on that straight line without deviating, and you came back to the exact spot you took off from wouldn't that prove that the earth is a globe instead of flat?

I'm not trying to start any fights or be insulting, I'm just curious.

There is two theories about other side of disc. If it is infinitive, so there is nothing as other side. If it is finitive so it is uncertain what is after disc. If you mean the other side as downside of the earth ain the meaning of reverse, we do not know this. According to religion it seems water. But we flat earthers are realist people opposite of globularist believers. So that we can not say definitely what is there in other side.

About ice wall. Our wiki has not to say true. It is old and depends on some old predictions. Some of the information on the wiki needs to be updated. they do not represent the opinion of the majority. they represent some minority and rare agressive opinions like john davis. they are as undngereous as dinosaurs, and stand as a museum. In short, the flat earth wiki is a museum.

Your TV service uses land based broadcast. your satellite antenna is fixed to a single point and never moves. because it receives broadcasts from a fixed source. otherwise, your antenna would have to move, according to the movement of the satellite. Due to the constant launch of satellites, this is an important market and therefore satellite manufacturers spend serious money to sustain this lie.

we do not use the appearance of a flat or round as an evidence of earth's shape. It is certain that if the world was moving in a great way, we could easily detect it with high technological means. all the observations we make prove that the world is fixed. There is not enough evidence of the world being round except for nasa's photographs and absurd theories.

If you move to the west or east on the flat world, you will return to the point where you first started. The result is the same with a rounded world. The problem is to move to the south. so far it has nobody been to go south and return.

People who tried to fight you are not flat earthers. Flat earthers is high mostly respectfull, high educated and qualified people, oppositely globularist ones. If you follow this forum for a while so you can see the difference of flat earth believer and globularist ones.

So much so that if you see any of them reply me with or without mention you'll see that I don't care them. because most of them do not deserve to be cared.

Sorry for I did not see this thread earlier. I hope this helps.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 09:07:08 AM »
Satellite TV exists, see other posts giving details.

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 01:52:12 PM »
"FErs are realists".
How you figure?

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 03:56:41 PM »
Takeaguess, if you have come here because you think some reasonable people doubt the earth is round and you want to find the truth, you have come to the wrong place. You will never get them to logically and completely follow your questions (and many others) to an end point based on shared facts and logic to a conclusion about thew shape of the earth. It is, of course round, and NASA is not an evil conspiracy and gps works and flat maps with constant scale and accurate distances can't be made, sextant, navigation, multiple nations with space programs, equatorial mount, etc etc etc. Here you will find modifications to the laws of physics, they will go down a rabbit hole, they will stop responding when they have no good answer.

All punctuated by the inevitable insults and name calling that happens when you try to do group gaslighting.

It's probably a Russian troll operation.
Is it possible for something to be both true and unproven?

Are things that are true and proven any different from things that are true but not proven?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 04:23:36 PM »
Maybe if you didn't try to do group gaslighting we wouldn't insult you.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 07:27:20 PM »
I wasn't refering to me being insulted, I meant each other. As for you insulting me, that doesn't bother me a bit. What enrages me is the things FEs do to avoid racing RE reality. Insulting me, my friends and relatives by calling us liars or stupid, for instance. Refusing to understand the real meaning of perspective and vanishing point. Expecting people to follow along with your theories while refusing to go along with theirs. Insulting science you don't even understand.

For the record, I am not gaslighting anyone. You could put a derogatory name to what I do here, but that is not the right one.

Being insulted by a person who does not know how a sextant or equatorial mount is meaningless. I would be a very nice person and explain how RE works if you would just say:

"You're right, I can't explain how someone at 0 degrees longitude sees the sun on the horizon, at 90 degrees directly overhead, at 180 on the eastern horizon, and at 270, can't see it at all. RE explains this perfectly. Please explain how seasons and eclipses and sextant and equatorial mount work." I would. I would respect you for whatever knowledge and capabilities you have.

That was your "don't insult me because I don't know any better" moment, you are not innocent. It is an insult to yourself to believe what you believe. You automatically call yourself stupid. You believe in the all time exemplar of believing wrong things. All you have to do is say what you believe, try it to astronomers, astronauts, amateur radio operators.

Find a ham radio club near you. Go there and tell them the earth is flat. Stay and don't leave until they know your FE truth. At first, they will think you are joking, then they will try to explain, then, if you continue, they will be increasingly dismissive and eventually angry. You might say that's because they are brainwashed, but they know where they point their antennas and where the satellites are and every time they successfully talk that way, they prove RE.

They figure out which way to point their antennas with a globe. You want to take that away and you have nothing to give them.

Meanwhile, what do you have? A small group of people convinced the earth is not round, some really bad (not just scientifically wrong, just bad) youtube videos, Rowbotham.

If you really had anything, there should be no problem sweeping the earth with that knowledge. Try starting with a flat map with constant scale everywhere and accurate distances.
Is it possible for something to be both true and unproven?

Are things that are true and proven any different from things that are true but not proven?

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2019, 11:45:55 AM »
Let me ask another some more question. Again, I'm not trying to insult, I'm just trying to understand. I believe in a round earth, so I'm trying to understand what those who believe in a flat earth believe and base that belief on. No disrespect intended in any way. I'm just trying to educate myself on a differing belief. That is all.

Now on to the questions.

For the sake of argument, lets say you were offered the chance to be taken into space on a routine space flight. And in the space craft you were flown around a round earth several times. North to South, East to West, and all sorts of diagonals. What would you say then? How would you react?

Also there's another question that bugs me. You admit that other planets are globular, but earth is the only one that is flat. How and why is it that the only planet, out of all planets, that earth is the only flat one? I saw the gray goose/white goose thing on the FES page in the FAQ, but that doesn't satisfy.

What is beyond the Firmament, if anything? Or do you believe that all existence simply ceases and there is nothing?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2019, 04:51:12 PM »
I have another question .:
If you will read some of the flat Earth writings, especially Rowbotham's "Earth Not A Globe" , there are some very vivid  and detailed descriptions of the ice wall and what lies beyond it.
If no-one has ever been there , where did all that information come from ?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 06:18:51 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Greg's Frog

• Area 51 Guard
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2019, 07:51:04 PM »
If you will read some of the flat Earth writings, especially Rowbotham's "Earth Not A Globe" , there are some very vivid  and detailed descriptions of the ice wall and what lies beyond it.
On top of that, there are people that believe that the Earth is infinite. They have never been beyond Antarctica (aka Ice Wall), yet the claim that it is infinite and goes forever. How ridiculous is that?
Old Name: Unepic Globetard. Changed 5/22/2019
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=81539.0

Creeper, aw man...

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2019, 07:54:17 PM »
On top of that, there are people that believe that the Earth is infinite. They have never been beyond Antarctica (aka Ice Wall), yet the claim that it is infinite and goes forever. How ridiculous is that?

Do you believe the universe is infinite?

Greg's Frog

• Area 51 Guard
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 08:03:34 PM »

That is unknown. The observable universe is 93 billion light years in diameter, so beyond that distance, scientists aren't sure.

Creeper, aw man...

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2019, 10:58:49 PM »
"If someone was to take you on a plane ride, and fly in a straight line, and stay on that straight line without deviating, and you came back to the exact spot you took off from wouldn't that prove that the earth is a globe instead of flat?"

>> Long distance flights go curved with minor turns along the journey, in line with the logic of South Polar Centered Flat Earth AKA PHEW FE
They were supposed to go straight for efficiency (if they were already sure of PHEW FE) but the current Globe Map belief dismiss this tendency.
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 01:33:46 PM »

That is unknown. The observable universe is 93 billion light years in diameter, so beyond that distance, scientists aren't sure.

I asked what YOU believe.

Greg's Frog

• Area 51 Guard
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 04:13:42 PM »

I asked what YOU believe.
And I am not sure.

Creeper, aw man...

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 07:00:35 AM »
"If someone was to take you on a plane ride, and fly in a straight line, and stay on that straight line without deviating, and you came back to the exact spot you took off from wouldn't that prove that the earth is a globe instead of flat?"

>> Long distance flights go curved with minor turns along the journey, in line with the logic of South Polar Centered Flat Earth AKA PHEW FE
They were supposed to go straight for efficiency (if they were already sure of PHEW FE) but the current Globe Map belief dismiss this tendency.

Once again danang prooves himself wrong in his own post.
Could it be that the world were so big that any apparent curvature is not noticed when up close?