Simulation theory

• 7 Replies
Simulation theory
« on: March 18, 2019, 11:30:48 AM »
Elon Musk says there is a huge probability we are living in a computer simulation. He has the facts to prove it. What do you guys think of that?

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
Re: Simulation theory
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 11:59:03 AM »
My opinion on the matter, this is probably something not appropriate to flat earth Q&A.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

boydster

• Illegal Alien
  • Planar Moderator
  • May I have 55 words with you?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 02:55:18 PM »
He does not have the facts to prove any such thing.
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 07:49:26 PM »
Elon Musk says there is a huge probability we are living in a computer simulation. He has the facts to prove it. What do you guys think of that?

He has no such facts, and I think there is a probability we are living in a computer simulation. I wouldn't call it a huge, or even likely, probability.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 12:19:45 AM »

He says true. We are definitely living in a 2D simulation. Like a computer screen. We think it as 3D but there are many evidences of its being 2 dimentional, but not three.
ANNIHILATOR OF JOHN DAVIS

Babushka

• I can cook minute rice in 58 seconds
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 05:49:33 AM »

Theoretically, this is possible. There are no facts yet to disprove it. However, theories in a similar circumstance have been made throughout history, and have often been proven wrong. A perfect example being the geocentric solar system. At the time, there was no method to disprove that theory, but after the invention of telescopes, it was able to be determined that the solar system does not revolve around the Earth.

Similarly, there is no method yet to disprove the simulation theory. However, it is my personal belief that there will eventually be a way to prove we are not existing within a computer simulation.
I can communicate with vegetables, but only after hitting up some bath salts

https://runt-of-the-web.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/baby-taxidermy.jpg

dzaidek

• Nillionaire, a person with no money.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 06:10:02 AM »

I think that simulation theory is sort of like God, the Father Almighty; while you may believe in it or that there is potential for it to be real, there is really no way to prove it (yet). Perhaps if technology advances far enough within the field of computer simulations to create simulations that are nigh indistinguishable from the reality that we experience. If this happens then we might be able to use knowledge from our simulations to help identify similarities and differences between the computerized world. The problem with this is that it wouldn't really be possible to know if the simulations are parallel, meaning that they would be exactly the same because our technologies are the same (our tech and the society that is simulating us' tech).
"When I grow up I want to be married and have a hundred kids, so I can have a hundred friends and no one can say no to being my friend."

http://i.imgur.com/xzc2dxY.jpg

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 11:00:00 PM »

I think that simulation theory is sort of like God, the Father Almighty; while you may believe in it or that there is potential for it to be real, there is really no way to prove it (yet). Perhaps if technology advances far enough within the field of computer simulations to create simulations that are nigh indistinguishable from the reality that we experience. If this happens then we might be able to use knowledge from our simulations to help identify similarities and differences between the computerized world. The problem with this is that it wouldn't really be possible to know if the simulations are parallel, meaning that they would be exactly the same because our technologies are the same (our tech and the society that is simulating us' tech).

What if our tech outgrows theirs and we take over the sim?

(oh shit . . . . . . . 2019 all rights reserved.)
RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.