Werepenguin XIII- The unholy number players thread

• 296 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Werepenguin XIII- The unholy number players thread
« on: March 17, 2019, 11:39:45 AM »
Game will begin at 6pm today central time. It will be daytime.

Rules/roles

The usual roles apply for lynching, only during the day, all directions for the narrator must be [enclosed], people can vote or use their vote to cancel another's vote. Suicide is also available for all players but the penguin.

There will be two wild cards, they will not know each other's identity. Neither wins unless either it is one of them and a penguin (or hybrid as one), or just one wildcard left. So they either need to be the last man/woman standing or be standing with a penguin.

There will be one penguin (Paula Dean), though this is a very over powered and angry penguin. It can kill at night, though it has knowledge of both wildcards and their identity. It also knows what roles are in play, though it does not know who has the roles. The penguin also, if either shot or lynched can transfer it's power into a wildcard it chooses. The penguin can still send in it's nightly kills and the wildcard  will be willed to kill. It is up to the penguin if it informs the wildcard what is happening.If there are no wildcards left then the penguin is dead by shot or lynch. If the hybrid wildcard is killed then both infected wildcard and penguin is dead.

There will also be the ability to lynch the narrator. If the village takes this option, 1 of 4 possibilities already written will happen. 2 is great for the villagers, 2 is horrible. They have numerical value and I will choose at random with a number generator. Then evil Dave will make it happen.

Then penguin will receive fake PMs for roles. The wildcards and villagers all share roles. The only guarantee is one psychic. Any others can either be repeated or not used.

Villagers/wildcards

Psychic The typical psychic role, one question may be asked per night on rather a player is a penguin or not. The psychic will get roles as well, though a wildcard will not show up UNLESS it is haunted by a penguin. At that point the player will show up as a hybrid.

Jailer- This player can lock away another player for the night in their creepy basement..it will prevent that locked away player from using their special abilities, though will also stop a penguin from being able to kill as well. A player will be informed they have been jailed. They can still talk to the other players via phone. If a penguin is locked in (rather a penguin or hybrid penguin/wildcard) the jailer can only contain it for one night before it breaks out and kills the jailer. So better let it go and let the village take care of it.

Bodyguard This player is able to protect a player from a direct penguin or vigilante attack, and able to choose a different person, or stay with the same person day/night. However, beware, the player can only survive one attack, so if that happens, he is a normal player at that point. Also, the player cannot protected themselves.

Vigilante This player is a lose cannon wanting justice at all costs. This player has a crossbow with one arrow and can kill anyone at anytime, day or night... however, if the player shoots someone that isn't a penguin, the village will lynch the player instantly (this will not count towards the usual village vote lynchings during the day) So I wouldn't be too trigger happy.

Werewolf This player has werewolf blood boiling in it's veins... if this player is killed by a penguin it will morph into a werewolf and kill the penguin that killed it. However, if this player is lynched after the second night, it will morph into a werewolf and kill a villager.  If the voodoo penguin chooses to block this player the night it kills it, then the penguin will survive.

Voodoo priest This is a voodoo priest that is building a concoction that will be able to bring back from the dead one villager. However, the spell will only be ready and effective on the second day..this spell can be used on anyone for any death (including lynchings) except on the player itself. All powers will be restored with the revival.

The Poltergeist This player, if killed by a penguin at any point of the game, the player will be able to ask one question about a player if he/she is a wildcard or penguin. However, if this player is lynched no question can be asked.

All roles will be sent out from now until 6 and a separate thread will be open

Oh, and evil Dave will kill any inactive player at will.

Update in the rules I forgot for the vigilante.

A vigilante can kill anything BUT a villager..that includes wildcards.

If the vigilante kills a villager, that villager will be dead, but the village will kill the vigilante.

Same for a wildcard, they can only kill another wildcard or penguin without signing their own death warrant.

Players:
Gayer Melted by Paula Deangayer revived by crouton-voodoo
Crouton
Boydster Paula Dean stabbed in the face with Jane's arrow. Moved to wildcard host
Scg
NSS
Stash Wildcard hybrid ripped in half by junker beast
Jane Betrayed by her own people and by man in pigeon suit
Battery staple Axed by NSS
Benjamin Franklin Head removed by Paula Dean and used as nick nack from evil dave
Junker impaled by Paula Dean
Duckdodgers
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 03:39:35 PM by Chicken Fried Clucker »
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: Werepenguin XIII- The unholy number players thread
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 11:43:25 AM »
Let's kill some penguins!
Or kill some villagers!
Not received my PM yet so could go either way, just wanted to get subscribed to the thread.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 11:52:25 AM »
Ok let's just get something out of the way that everyone is already thinking about. Yes, we absolutely should lynch the narrator right away and see what Evil Dave has in store for us.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 12:02:51 PM »
Alright, all roles are sent. If you received nothing let me know asap, even if you have no role you will receive a message telling you so.

Penguin and wildcards received multiple messages.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask via PM.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 12:23:25 PM »
Everyone PM me your role please.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 12:25:29 PM »
Everyone PM me your role please.

I am the walrus. No, wait. The walrus was Paul.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 12:42:53 PM »
Update in the rules I forgot for the vigilante.

A vigilante can kill anything BUT a villager..that includes wildcards.

If the vigilante kills a villager, that villager will be dead, but the village will kill the vigilante.

Same for a wildcard, they can only kill another wildcard or penguin without signing their own death warrant.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 01:06:01 PM »
Yay!
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 02:33:28 PM »
I'd like to nominate the first dead player for ghost council. Unless, of course, it ends up being a bad guy. Who's with me?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 02:45:11 PM »
I nominate you  >:(
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 02:52:32 PM »
Well that's fine and all, I am happy to lead the council, but a very strange thing has happened in my PMs recently and it's given me pause.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 04:17:42 PM »
I think CFC forgot a role.  He keeps sending me a PM saying I'm an asshole, but I don't see that role listed.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 05:00:28 PM »
Looking at the rules, wildcards aren't even outed by scanning. Any council is a risk, verifying someone is near-impossible, and there's a 2/11 chance we get a wildcard and straight-up lose. Even if a ghost leads the council, they have little of interest to pass along or say with the weakened psychic. Someone can be scanned and still be evil. Goal 1 is to take out the penguin, goal 2 is to take out whatever wildcard they possessed or hope we already killed the wildcards.
That being said, if they find the penguin it should definitely be passed along, but this game doesn't make it feel safe or worth it to try to create an underground of confirmed innocents, because they won't be confirmed.

We might want to try going old school. Replace a ghost council with cells, two or three people in each, one of them's bound to be pure good, and then we can see how the penguin and wildcards react to wherever they end up. Up in the air as to whether that's worth it, but putting all our eggs in one basket doesn't feel safe given how often it's screwed the villagers even when there was just one wildcard.

Final note would be if we lynch on day one. just for completeness' sake, in the last CFC game we held off because unlike most others this one has roles that only activate on later days, with voodoo priest (and possibly werewolf, not sure if the death-to-penguin activates there too).

Well that's all there is for me to say, won't be around properly for a bit.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 05:38:15 PM »
Who should I lock up in my sex dungeon first?

Bom Tishop

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 09:02:36 PM »
Looking at the rules, wildcards aren't even outed by scanning. Any council is a risk, verifying someone is near-impossible, and there's a 2/11 chance we get a wildcard and straight-up lose. Even if a ghost leads the council, they have little of interest to pass along or say with the weakened psychic. Someone can be scanned and still be evil. Goal 1 is to take out the penguin, goal 2 is to take out whatever wildcard they possessed or hope we already killed the wildcards.
That being said, if they find the penguin it should definitely be passed along, but this game doesn't make it feel safe or worth it to try to create an underground of confirmed innocents, because they won't be confirmed.

We might want to try going old school. Replace a ghost council with cells, two or three people in each, one of them's bound to be pure good, and then we can see how the penguin and wildcards react to wherever they end up. Up in the air as to whether that's worth it, but putting all our eggs in one basket doesn't feel safe given how often it's screwed the villagers even when there was just one wildcard.

Final note would be if we lynch on day one. just for completeness' sake, in the last CFC game we held off because unlike most others this one has roles that only activate on later days, with voodoo priest (and possibly werewolf, not sure if the death-to-penguin activates there too).

Well that's all there is for me to say, won't be around properly for a bit.

I am not saying one way or another, I will just comment to this.

First, you can confirm who is who when someone dies. I will be announcing when I wild card or the penguin dies. I will not be announcing the role of the person wild card or villager (as psychic etc)

Second, the psychic can confirm who someone is by scanning. The psychic can pick up a penguin, also it can pick up the hybrid penguin. As if the penguin is killed and it is hosting in a wildcard body, the psychic will pick that up, it will come back as hybrid.

Third, remember, the Poltergeist is able to read roles like the empath could, so that player can pick up wild cards and a penguin.

Forth, remember, the wildcards are not friends, it isn't possible for them to win in death this game or together. They will be trying to get the other killed, they could even be a vigilante and kill the other. One either has to be standing with the penguin or with the penguin using them as a host. Or, if they can get the penguin killed and the other wild card killed they could stand alone in victory.

There are alot of different directions this game can take and it all depends on the players choice, they guide it. Not the platform or myself. I was hoping to have it even more free to where the players guide it, but was way to busy this week.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 09:05:43 PM »
Ok let's just get something out of the way that everyone is already thinking about. Yes, we absolutely should lynch the narrator right away and see what Evil Dave has in store for us.

If you can get the majority behind you, then Godspeed. It can either be really good or really bad depending on your side....

How lucky do you feel? Perhaps ask an online magic 8 ball unless you have an actual one

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 01:18:03 AM »
I kinda wanna lynch the narrator to see what happens but I also want to see how this version of the game works so maybe just lynch the narrator at the end if we seem to be losing

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 03:17:48 AM »
First, you can confirm who is who when someone dies. I will be announcing when I wild card or the penguin dies. I will not be announcing the role of the person wild card or villager (as psychic etc)
Was mostly thinking in terms of the psychic not being able to locate a wildcard until after the penguin dies, that would limit any council formed by scanning, though if the dead do have their roles outed then we wouldn't have to worry about a wildcard ghost. They just wouldn't be able to work openly with as many people.

Wildcards aren't friends, but they're still more likely to side with the penguin than us, and if one dies they wouldn't be able to win either way to whether they'll help or hinder is up in the air. Do have a few thoughts in that direction, but nothing to say out loud.

As we'll know when a wildcard or penguin dies though, take it back, a ghost council is a solid bet this game. Usual thing, PM roles, have them help coordinate. Also means we should vote based on risk/reward, who's both a potential evil and would be a good council leader if not?

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 07:21:53 AM »
Even though wise isn't in this game, can we lynch him for being a douchebag.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 08:02:20 AM »
Can we lynch yet?

Junker

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 08:14:08 AM »
Can we lynch yet?

I believe so. The first day started around 16 hours ago.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 08:34:55 AM »
We are currently in daytime I think. However looking at these rules it might be prudent to wait a day before lynch to get just a little more information.

Also, in my opinion, we should hold off on lynching the narrator until things are going poorly for us and we need a hail Mary.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2019, 09:12:49 AM »
[I vote to lynch the narrator]
Ya'll are too focused on winning.
Let's just have fun by killing cfc

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 09:53:49 AM »
That's a wild move. Have you played your cards right blarst?
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2019, 10:16:31 AM »
I see what you did there.

I don't think CFC accepts votes to cancel, so if we want to undo that then we need to vote for someone else.
[I vote to lynch batterystaple] just to even things up.

Narrator-1
Batterystaple-1

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2019, 10:26:10 AM »

I don't think CFC accepts votes to cancel, so if we want to undo that then we need to vote for someone else.

Narrator-1
Batterystaple-1
I'm about 94% certain that you can cancel votes. Idiot, let the narrator die!

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2019, 10:52:13 AM »
How is this not the popular option? [I vote to lynch the narrator]. Let's see what happens!

Narrator-1
Batterystaple-1

:o

Narrator - 2
BatteryStaple - 1

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2019, 10:57:22 AM »
All praise the almighty Boydster!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2019, 11:15:48 AM »
No lynching the narrator yet you fools!

[I vote to lynch BatteryStaple]

Narrator - 2
BatteryStaple - 2

Junker

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2019, 11:28:57 AM »
The usual roles apply for lynching, only during the day, all directions for the narrator must be [enclosed], people can vote or use their vote to cancel another's vote. Suicide is also available for all players but the penguin.

from the rules fyi tbh