What are you planting?

• 90 Replies

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
What are you planting?
« on: March 15, 2019, 08:38:56 AM »
I was going to till a plot, but we decided to repurpose several flower beds that were here when we moved in last spring.  The flower beds are in the front yard, and are roughly something like 4X7 feet.  I am not going to bother converting that.

Anyway, we have a couple of different lettuce beds going.  I have not done lettuce in a while.  We also have onions planted, and we have a half dozen of tomato plants, but they are upside down hangers.  We have beans, zucchini, squash, melon, and probably a few other seeds that I am forgetting that have not been planted yet. 

As far as herbs, we planted oregano, sage, rosemary, and basil so far.  The basil died.  I think it was the watering, but my wife thinks it was a freeze that killed them. 

I was just wondering what others are planting, and how they will be doing. 

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: What are you planting?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 09:06:33 AM »
I was about to add zucchini but I see you've got it there already. Great vegetable. Grows like a weed for me.

Had a few apple trees at my old house. Those are low maintenance also. At this house we have a fully mature walnut tree which is great except that it's about 30 feet high so there's no way I can pick it and it's also over the driveway so I'm constantly running over walnuts.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 09:12:38 AM »
My wife and I have been debating about many of the trees on our property.  I say the ones with flowers already are dogwood.  She says they are fruits, like pears or peaches.  I told her we are too far north for peaches, but maybe pears. 

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 11:07:30 AM »
I have lots of stuff planted, I planted most of it in February thinking I'd have nice cool weather for the greens, but it was in the 80s almost every day.

I've several rutabagas that are about ready, and I've got a bunch more that I planted from seed, they probably won't be ready for another month. A couple different types of cucumbers, yellow zucchini, and yellow summer squash (squash grows well here, but the freaking worms get it). Giant curly leaf mustard, collards, senposai, swiss chard and beets. Planted zipper peas last week. I've got one long row of potatoes, and I'm afraid I will have millions of potatoes. Maybe I can get even with my friend for the bananas. A couple tomatoes, a couple pumpkins that I don't expect will survive once the rains start. Still picking radishes and lettuce. Oh and I planted some more dill, even if I never use any of the dill it smells really nice.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 01:05:45 PM »
Mostly herbs here. We got one of those hydroponic herb garden things and every few months move them out to the yard. I'd highly recommend them. Not awful as a Tomato starter either.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 01:37:34 PM »
I planted strawberries last summer, possibly they will still be alive once the snow goes
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 01:56:21 PM »
I'm planting the bomb at B.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 02:42:59 PM »
I'm planting the bomb at B.
I’m guessing your steam id is around 30 million.

Anyways I will be planting a few hot pepper plants. 
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 05:05:02 PM »
My wife and I have been debating about many of the trees on our property.  I say the ones with flowers already are dogwood.  She says they are fruits, like pears or peaches.  I told her we are too far north for peaches, but maybe pears.
Peaches grow good in Maryland and Pennsylvania. I thought you live in Florida.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2019, 10:09:33 AM »

He lives in Deep South Harlem.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »

You think wrong, my good friend.  I have never lived in Florida, even though I have family there who do. 

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2019, 12:56:09 AM »
This is the reminder i needed to get started early. I got some cayenne plants from last year that i overwintered, they're hydroponic.  I think a few of them didn't fruit at all and i might as well try again.

Anyone ever wondered why they call some fertilizer petroleum based? here's a video

« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 01:06:45 AM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2019, 01:16:56 PM »
I have heard that charcoal ashes (like one might use in an outdoor grill) are helpful to some plants when mixed with the soil; can anyone verify?

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2019, 02:05:58 PM »
I have heard that charcoal ashes (like one might use in an outdoor grill) are helpful to some plants when mixed with the soil; can anyone verify?

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89562594

Don't worry it's a legit article on use of charcoal in helping soil.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 02:37:05 PM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 09:27:47 PM »
I casually study horticulture and this is what i know: not much mineral content, but wood ashes are said to "sweeten" or raise the ph of soil which is good for non acid loving plants (not roses which are acid loving). This could make a world of difference in the right situation. I've heard paper ashes can contribute alot (5%?) of phosphate. Phosphate is said to be one of the fastest moving elements and also a limiting factor in plant ecosystems.  It's said to be bloom and or fruit booster, and also helps root development.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 09:54:23 PM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 09:50:56 PM »
And if you guys haven't heard: SEAWEED! said to be a complete soil conditioner with micronutrients. You can buy dried kelp at the chinese supermarket for a couple bux for 150 grams - or horticultural products like neptunes harvest liquid seaweed. I havent tried (the powder) on the garden but my house plants seem to like it. Just powder it in the blender and use maybe a table spoon or two per gallon of water, probably let it soak first. said to go along way, tho honestly i don't have a lot of practical experience.
           -them

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 09:57:19 PM »
This is the reminder i needed to get started early. I got some cayenne plants from last year that i overwintered, they're hydroponic.  I think a few of them didn't fruit at all and i might as well try again.

Anyone ever wondered why they call some fertilizer petroleum based? here's a video

Answer, because those people are dumb.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 09:58:27 PM »

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=89562594

Don't worry it's a legit article on use of charcoal in helping soil.
Thank you; I have only heard it is useful to make souls a bit more acidic, bit I'll give it a go. Really I have been.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 02:23:01 AM »
I think I jumped the gun on my tomatoes.  I lost 2 of my 8 plants to the weather.  I thought I messed up on the onions too, but they all came back.  My lettuce is doing really well, and I will be planting cucumber, squash, zucchini, peppers and melons this weekend.  I hope the weather did not affect my fruit trees.

My wife planted dozens of flowers around the house.  I don't usually plant something that I can't eat, but I helped her with the tilling and mulch.  They look good so far, even though I can't remember any of their names.   

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 06:44:43 AM »

They look good so far, even though I can't remember any of their names.

If they have fuzzy leaves, don't pee on them.   8)

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2019, 10:42:57 AM »
Seeds of discord.
You just got Weskered, bitches!

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2019, 12:33:09 PM »
I'm gonna try cantelope and pumpkin if i can get it done this weekend, probably still to late though. I'd love totry to do it big this year, and get lots of good food, but I ahve yet to have great success. I think i wiil foccus on swiss chard. with hopefully an experimental guerilla garden somewhere as a side project
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:29:38 PM by faded mike »
           -them

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 05:19:06 AM »
The big question, though, is how much to water the guerillas and when to harvest them.  Just kidding, I know what it is.  Let us know how it works out.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 05:35:14 AM »
Line formation.

Pepper is 39TL , about 7$ / kgs.

We have started to buy patatos and onion geting by import. Shit, this is great famine.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 09:45:44 PM »

Shit, this is great famine.

Seriously? Are you having a food problem?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2019, 09:48:08 PM »
I am a famite.  I really want some Taco Bell right now, but it is late and I am also lazy. 

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 10:13:38 PM »
I really want some Taco Bell right now, . . .

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline     Call 1-800-273-8255

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 10:17:11 PM »
Line formation.

Pepper is 39TL , about 7$ / kgs.

We have started to buy patatos and onion geting by import. Shit, this is great famine.

That's terrible.  My heart goes out to your country.  In order to raise awareness about hunger in Turkey I shall bake a cake.  Perhaps a pound cake with a mascarpone frosting, dusted with chocolate powder and with a layer of macadamia nut ganache through the center layer.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2019, 11:11:07 PM »

I tried, but they don't deliver

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2019, 11:21:19 PM »

I tried, but they don't deliver

Hey, I tried.   ::)
National Suicide Service     Call 1-800-TACO-BELL