Why the coverup

• 3 Replies
Why the coverup
« on: March 12, 2019, 11:56:21 AM »
If humans first thought the earth was flat, then they thought it was round, when they discovered it was actually flat then why did they not change their views to the original? The governments of the world were too embarrassed they were wrong?

Jane

• Flat Earth Researcher

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Quantum Ab Hoc
Re: Why the coverup
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 05:19:34 PM »
There are five common explanations for this, but in the end without toppling the Planar Conspiracy there is no real way to know. Different people believe different explanations, or even ones not mentioned here.

To Control Information: In a similar way to 1984, control of information is control of everything. The flat earth is even mentioned in the book itself.

They are wrong: simply said, we are wrong about the shape of the earth, and there is no conspiracy. This describes why the earth might look round from far away: https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/index.php/blog/einsteins-relativity-proves-earth-flat

To Maintain Legitimacy: During the Cold War we faked the moon landing. Shortly after they realized the reason they could not reach the moon was due to the flatness of the Earth. They were stuck in a lie, and had to continue it or lose legitimacy of our governments. Even today we would still hold onto this lie due to role Science plays in our ruling government.

To hide the truth of the Bible.

To Gain Power and Money: By siphoning off the space budgets and denying the world the resources of the Antarctic they gain a considerable amount of power and wealth.
[John Davis is a DANGEROUS TERRORIST who MAKES US LOOK BAD

Stash

Re: Why the coverup
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 08:12:30 PM »
I'd throw a sixth in the mix. Which is maybe more of a subset or variant: There's a conspiracy because there has to be.

In the modern era, leading up to rocketry, it was predominately literal scriptural interpretation that fed the FE movement. Enter space exploration and you get a whole slew of flat earth deal breakers. Because pretty much everything regarding space and the use/exploration thereof is predicated on a globe earth theory. From slingshots, maintaining orbits, probes/landers, and men on the moon, etc., requires all things globeriffic. Pepper in imagery from space looking back at earth and the notion of space exploration is decidedly untenable in maintaining a flat earth perspective. So, the long and short, all of it must be dispensed with. In doing so, that means there must be a conspiracy afoot to have put all of that evidence there in the first place in front of a worldwide audience. Ergo, the conspiracy has to exist regardless of evidence for or against. I realize what I'm saying is pretty much circular. I guess, from my POV:

- One can believe in a Globe earth and believe NASA, et al
- One can believe in a Globe earth and NOT believe NASA, et al
- One can believe in a Flat earth and NEVER believe NASA, et al