What convinced you the flat earth model is correct?

• 44 Replies
What convinced you the flat earth model is correct?
« on: March 11, 2019, 08:16:12 PM »
To anyone that believes the FE model, what convinced you it is correct?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: What convinced you the flat earth model is correct?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 08:18:28 PM »
It's shape.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 08:40:02 PM »

Define "FE model:" do you mean the standardly accepted Mono-Pole Model? I'm presuming you just mean that we accept the Earth as being flat instead of round?

Honestly, a good deal of it is trusting my gut. I was raised religiously, trusted my gut on that one, and... I don't believe in any sort of higher powers, supernatural spooks or other ghosties. I was raised to believe that the Earth is round like any other kid, trusted my gut on that one, and... there are some very, very interesting things, odd discrepancies and information that really makes you think, to consider.

It makes sense to me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2019, 10:05:53 PM »
It's shape.
I quite like pizzas too but that's hardly a reason.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 11:53:31 AM »
I like to think my teachers aren't right and random people on the internet know what's best

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2019, 12:49:21 PM »
It's shape.
Is it that you thought the earth was shaped just like the North Polar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection ?
(The one showing Antarctica as the ice ring.)
Some FE's like this one !

Or did you think the earth was shaped just like the Bipolar Projection ?
(The one showing no ice ring but showing Antarctica as a continent. )
Tom Bishop likes this one !

Which one of the above did you think was a map of the flat earth and that convinced  you the earth was flat ?
Or was it some other map or some other reason that convinced you that the flat earth model  is correct ?
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2019, 01:07:07 PM »
I like to think my teachers aren't right and random people on the internet know what's best

Like your teachers ,  who were '' indoctrinated  '' by teachers and professors who were  '' indoctrinated '' by people in science, engineering , astronomy , geography and other subjects aren't right,  but the only people who believe that the earth is flat know best ?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 01:10:43 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2019, 01:09:14 PM »
Like your teacher who was '' indoctrinated  '' by teachers and professors who were  '' indoctrinated '' by people in science, engineering , astronomy , geography and other subjects aren't right,  but only people who believe that the earth is flat know best ?

I'm confused by your question here. What are you asking? True? False? Maybe?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 01:17:51 PM »
Like your teacher who was '' indoctrinated  '' by teachers and professors who were  '' indoctrinated '' by people in science, engineering , astronomy , geography and other subjects aren't right,  but only people who believe that the earth is flat know best ?

My question was ''Which ones do you think 'aren't right' and which ones do you think 'know best' ,'' ?

Chorus:

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 01:26:07 PM »

My question was ''Which ones do you think 'aren't right' and which ones do you think 'know best' ,'' ?

Between who? What are the options? Teachers vs physicists?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 01:30:56 PM »

Define "FE model:" do you mean the standardly accepted Mono-Pole Model? I'm presuming you just mean that we accept the Earth as being flat instead of round?

Honestly, a good deal of it is trusting my gut. I was raised religiously, trusted my gut on that one, and... I don't believe in any sort of higher powers, supernatural spooks or other ghosties. I was raised to believe that the Earth is round like any other kid, trusted my gut on that one, and... there are some very, very interesting things, odd discrepancies and information that really makes you think, to consider.

It makes sense to me.

My early school days were much like yours and I just accepted the fact that the earth is round , or was in the shape of the globe.
But when I studied various subjects in college I was more convinced of it.
But when I started working in military service and civilian jobs I observed so many things but then I knew for certain that the earth was shaped like a globe and flat earth certainly didn't make any sense at all.
My apologies , but we people who work in the real world wonder why on earth (no pun intended....LOL) would even think the earth was a flat disc ?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 02:18:29 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 01:35:08 PM »

The options of which I am thinking are :
(1) ''Round Earth'' teachers
(2) ''Flat Earth'' believers

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 01:41:36 PM »
It's shape.
I quite like pizzas too but that's hardly a reason.

I have a collection of old LPs and new CDs but that is hardly a reason too.

Chorus:

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2019, 01:46:43 PM »

1? I lost track of the question. As in the round earth people are incorrect. But guess I'm too dumb for this thread

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2019, 02:13:51 PM »

1? I lost track of the question. As in the round earth people are incorrect. But guess I'm too dumb for this thread

Just to put it simply which of the following do you think  is like (but maybe not exactly) the shape of the earth ?
(1) An orange
(2) A pizza

Chorus:

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 04:08:25 PM »

Wellcome. I hope you enjoy here.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 09:35:02 PM »
It's shape.
Is it that you thought the earth was shaped just like the North Polar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection ?

Which one of the above did you think was a map of the flat earth and that convinced  you the earth was flat ?
Or was it some other map or some other reason that convinced you that the flat earth model  is correct ?

Dude, take your stroke medicine.
I have never, ever claimed the Earth is flat.

Is there a chapter in your Navy Manual
about how to yank your head out of your butt?

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2019, 01:33:32 AM »
It's shape.

If there is, you should go read it.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2019, 01:53:08 AM »
It's shape.

If there is, you should go read it.

Moose antlers have two distinct and useful purposes. First, as a means to fend off interloping moose during mating season. Secondly, the lateral shape and width make it impossible for a moose to insert it’s head into his anus or one belonging to another moose for that matter. Therefore a moose’s head can neither be put in nor be in a butt. 

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2019, 04:22:43 AM »

God.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2019, 05:24:30 AM »

God.
How?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2019, 05:42:57 AM »

God.
How?

Sorry. the question was what, not how. This question is out of context, it is the issue belonging to religion subforum.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2019, 11:28:51 PM »
There is no curvature apparent over the water. Also globers on here, and debunk vids with water behind the boat that is supposedly partially behind the curve.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2019, 12:42:49 AM »
There is no curvature apparent over the water. Also globers on here, and debunk vids with water behind the boat that is supposedly partially behind the curve.

i find you very interesting.
what's your theory on life here?
because you haven't said anything yet continue to claim absolute.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2019, 02:22:54 AM »
Really?
  • What about showing these "vids with water behind the boat that is supposedly partially behind the curve"? How can we comment on what we haven't seen?

• What is hiding the ships below?
    Quote from: Andy Hall
    CivilWarTalk, The Naval War, "Hull Down"
    If you read much naval history or fiction, especially that takes place in the age of sail, you'll come across the term that another vessel is "hull down." This simply means that the vessel being described is far enough away that the curvature of the earth makes it impossible to see the entire ship above the horizon. If a ship is "hull down," only its masts and maybe a funnel is visible above the horizon; the rest is hidden below (i.e., beyond) the horizon.

The distance to the horizon depends on the height of the observer, but it's surprisingly short. If you're standing right at the water's edge, with your eye at 5 feet (1.5m) above sea level, the horizon is only about 3 statue miles away, or 2.6 nautical miles (4.8km). At a height of 20 feet (6.1m), about the elevation from which the photos below were taken, the horizon is only about 5.2nm (9.6km) away. At that distance, you could (theoretically) see right to the edge of the other vessel where the hull meets the water. At longer distances, less and less of the hull of the other vessel is visible, until the hull cannot be seen at all. The other vessel is then said to be "hull down."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    << See the site at CivilWarTalk, The Naval War, "Hull Down" for details of exact where the photos were taken from and the locations of the ships. >>
    So here, then, are the ships that could be seen, shot from an elevation of about 20 feet (6.1m) above sea level, and their calculated distances in nautical miles. I haven't changed the images except to adjust the brightness and contrast levels to reduce the effects of a small amount of residual haze in the atmosphere. Note how the farther ships are indeed partially or fully "hull down" from the point of view of the observer on shore:

What's hiding the farther ships? And is this ship sinking or . . . . .

Ship `sinks` behind the curvature of Earth or falls off the edge of flat Earth? :) by Smith Zachary

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2019, 05:51:38 AM »
I was in involved in a horrendous yachting accident, where I received a brutal brain injury.  After that, everything started to look a bit flat.  I watched a few youtube videos, and quickly became a flat earther.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2019, 11:38:18 AM »

i find you very interesting.
what's your theory on life here?
because you haven't said anything yet continue to claim absolute.
I didn't mean to claim absolute.  What do you mean?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:04:48 PM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2019, 01:10:28 PM »
Its funny how the shoddy "proofs" are good enough for you (faded) but when numbers and evidnec comes into play you can brush it away with a "well who really knows".

Looks flat!
Ok!

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2019, 05:15:53 PM »
Sorry, I don't really believe you. Whats your best proof?
           -them

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2019, 06:56:47 PM »
I repeat:
What about showing these "vids with water behind the boat that is supposedly partially behind the curve"? How can we comment on what we haven't seen?