Werepenguin XIII- The unholy number spectator thread/rules/roles

• 34 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
I figured this would be a good name since it is number 13.

So come all, join, let the healing of werepenguin continue.

I am still working on the setup, I am actually playing via group messaging a few expedited games with some friends to see if it fails or not. This will be a beta version of my last game.

I will post up the final rules/roles in the next few days and official start date (willing to start whenever people think is a good time to).

I will say this, there will be two penguins, two wild cards, lynching the narrator and evil Dave will be back. The wild cards won't know each other, nor will they get any information. I am still working on specialty roles, and I am working with roles specifically for villagers/baddies and wildcards. Still working with all that, but everything is coming together well so far. It should be a pretty fun and nutty design.

Also, there will be a back story but the stories will not drag on, I want the game to be action packed, not a snooze fest.

I have listened to what everyone had said, used previous games, as well as use my own ideas to make this beta version. I am also open to any comments and suggestions until the game is sat in stone.

Rules/roles

This is half of the new variant I was working with, but being unexpectedly busy has stopped me from testing the rest. I apologize.

Here we go

The usual roles apply for lynching, only during the day, all directions for the narrator must be [enclosed], people can vote or use their vote to cancel another's vote. Suicide is also available for all players but the penguin.

There will be two wild cards, they will not know each other's identity. Neither wins unless either it is one of them and a penguin (or hybrid as one), or just one wildcard left. So they either need to be the last man/woman standing or be standing with a penguin.

There will be one penguin (Paula Dean), though this is a very over powered and angry penguin. It can kill at night, though it has knowledge of both wildcards and their identity. It also knows what roles are in play, though it does not know who has the roles. The penguin also, if either shot or lynched can transfer it's power into a wildcard it chooses. The penguin can still send in it's nightly kills and the wildcard  will be willed to kill. It is up to the penguin if it informs the wildcard what is happening.If there are no wildcards left then the penguin is dead by shot or lynch. If the hybrid wildcard is killed then both infected wildcard and penguin is dead.

There will also be the ability to lynch the narrator. If the village takes this option, 1 of 4 possibilities already written will happen. 2 is great for the villagers, 2 is horrible. They have numerical value and I will choose at random with a number generator. Then evil Dave will make it happen.

Then penguin will receive fake PMs for roles. The wildcards and villagers all share roles. The only guarantee is one psychic. Any others can either be repeated or not used.

Villagers/wildcards

Psychic The typical psychic role, one question may be asked per night on rather a player is a penguin or not. The psychic will get roles as well, though a wildcard will not show up UNLESS it is haunted by a penguin. At that point the player will show up as a hybrid.

Jailer- This player can lock away another player for the night in their creepy basement..it will prevent that locked away player from using their special abilities, though will also stop a penguin from being able to kill as well. A player will be informed they have been jailed. They can still talk to the other players via phone. If a penguin is locked in (rather a penguin or hybrid penguin/wildcard) the jailer can only contain it for one night before it breaks out and kills the jailer. So better let it go and let the village take care of it.

Bodyguard This player is able to protect a player from a direct penguin attack, and able to choose a different person, or stay with the same person every night. However, beware, the player can only survive one attack, so if that happens, he is a normal player at that point. Also, the player cannot protected themselves.

Vigilante This player is a lose cannon wanting justice at all costs. This player has a crossbow with one arrow and can kill anyone at anytime, day or night... however, if the player shoots someone that isn't a penguin, the village will lynch the player instantly (this will not count towards the usual village vote lynchings during the day) So I wouldn't be too trigger happy.

Werewolf This player has werewolf blood boiling in it's veins... if this player is killed by a penguin it will morph into a werewolf and kill the penguin that killed it. However, if this player is lynched after the second night, it will morph into a werewolf and kill a villager.  If the voodoo penguin chooses to block this player the night it kills it, then the penguin will survive.

Voodoo priest This is a voodoo priest that is building a concoction that will be able to bring back from the dead one villager. However, the spell will only be ready and effective on the second day..this spell can be used on anyone for any death (including lynchings) except on the player itself. All powers will be restored with the revival.

The Poltergeist This player, if killed by a penguin at any point of the game, the player will be able to ask one question about a player if he/she is a wildcard or penguin. However, if this player is lynched no question can be asked.

Players:
Gayer
Crouton
Boydster
Scg
NSS
Stash
Jane
Battery staple
Benjamin Franklin
Junker
Duckdodgers

All roles will be sent out from now until 6 and a separate thread will be open

Oh, and evil Dave will kill any inactive player at will.

Update in the rules I forgot for the vigilante.

A vigilante can kill anything BUT a villager..that includes wildcards.

If the vigilante kills a villager, that villager will be dead, but the village will kill the vigilante.

Same for a wildcard, they can only kill another wildcard or penguin without signing their own death warrant.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:44:00 PM by Chicken Fried Clucker »
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: Werepenguin XIII- The unholy number
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 12:16:38 AM »
In!
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: Werepenguin XIII- The unholy number sign up
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 01:26:27 AM »
In
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 06:32:04 AM »
I am definitely in

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2019, 08:12:37 AM »
I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE. [in]
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 12:05:29 PM »
I'm in. My suggestion would be to give me the power to insta-lynch anyone I want.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2019, 12:14:21 PM »
In.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 01:03:32 PM »
May not be as active this time, but in!
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2019, 02:47:13 PM »
In!  Is there going to be some Murder on the Orient Express feature where we all automatically lynch Wise?

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2019, 04:06:35 PM »
I'm in.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Junker

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2019, 08:36:18 AM »
Down like a clown Charlie Brown.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2019, 01:21:25 PM »
I'm in.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 05:13:54 PM »
So....

When are we getting this party started?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bom Tishop

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 07:21:03 PM »
So....

When are we getting this party started?

Sorry, been super super busy on an unexpected project and brain dead. I just wrapped it up a few mins ago.

Sunday evening ok? That seems when we usually start up.

Was hoping the shitter would join so I can give him a terrible role in payback for his betrayal last game lol

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 07:45:35 PM »
We start now! ;D

[I vote to lynch one of the spambots]

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 07:45:54 AM »
We start now! ;D

[I vote to lynch one of the spambots]

Well the one isn't playing and if I read correctly you gave it a 3 day vacation as well.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 04:02:36 PM »

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 04:09:40 PM »
fookin' 'ell, let me lynch someone already!

Bom Tishop

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 04:15:16 PM »
fookin' 'ell, let me lynch someone already!

You can lynch Jane if you want

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 04:53:28 PM »
[I vote to lynch the narrator]
Let's get two evil zombie narrators to duke it out, it'll be awesome!
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2019, 10:22:35 AM »
I'm in.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2019, 01:53:56 PM »
I have company this week, they just got here yesterday. I don't know how much time I will have for the game, but I imagine I can get online at least once or twice a day. I just want everyone to know before the game starts why I'm not here all the time LIKE USUAL.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2019, 01:55:23 PM »
Liar. You're a penguin.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2019, 02:09:55 PM »
 >:(

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2019, 02:27:32 PM »
Ooh, I'm a penguin this time.

Ok, more seriously, visiting family this weekend so won't be around so much, but will be checking in on those threads. Will be back properly soon anyway.

Pezevenk

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2019, 02:38:30 PM »
Guys, now that I think about it I think that I may have some trouble being online enough this week, so maybe I won't join after all... Sorry...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2019, 02:50:54 PM »
Too late! You are already in!  ;D

Bom Tishop

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2019, 03:00:13 PM »
Guys, now that I think about it I think that I may have some trouble being online enough this week, so maybe I won't join after all... Sorry...

Sorry, you already joined, there is no escaping it at this point lol.

You know you have time, just pretend you are yelling about how dumb conservatives are and you will find plenty :)

Pezevenk

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2019, 11:28:05 AM »

Sorry, you already joined, there is no escaping it at this point lol.

You know you have time, just pretend you are yelling about how dumb conservatives are and you will find plenty :)
Not these couple of weeks, I've got a bunch of reports and shit...

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

Bom Tishop

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2019, 11:31:20 AM »
Rules posted.