Bob Knodel a.k.a the engineer

• 28 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Bob Knodel a.k.a the engineer
« on: February 27, 2019, 09:54:47 AM »
If anyone has watched the NetFlix documentary Behind the Curve, you may have noticed that they introduced Bob Knodel of GlobeBusters as "The Engineer".  I can't help but to wonder if he's the same guy who used to post as theengineer on this site some years ago.  Does anyone know for sure?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: Bob Knodel a.k.a the engineer
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 10:01:51 AM »
Probably not. Engineers just want everyone to know they are an engineer.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 01:11:53 PM »
If anyone has watched the NetFlix documentary Behind the Curve, you may have noticed that they introduced Bob Knodel of GlobeBusters as "The Engineer".  I can't help but to wonder if he's the same guy who used to post as theengineer on this site some years ago.  Does anyone know for sure?
I doubt it because TheEngineer was a missile engineer (a Mechanical Engineer), really knew physics and was not a flat earther.
TheEngineer - a round earther, pilot, and moderator here - has repeatedly stated he has never seen anything when flying that would even hint at a round earth.
He was a light plane pilot and never claimed any to be anything else.

But with Bob Knodel, how could "an engineer ;D" not KNOW that a laser ring gyroscope would measure the earth's rotation - it'd been reported often enough?
Just Google "GINGERino earth rotation rate".
Quote from: by J Belfi - ‎2018
Analysis of 90 days operation of the gyroscope GINGERINO
Apr 7, 2018 - has obtained a resolution on the Earth rotation rate of about 15 × 10−14 rad/s with 4 hours of integration time (3×10−9 in relative units)
Of course, GINGERino (only a "test-bed" for the final GINGER),  is a "tad up-market" from Bob Knodel's commercial grade laser ring gyroscope.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 01:19:06 PM »
I haven't seen it yet. I don't know if I plan to, but if what rab says is true I'd be doubtful. TheEngineer never made even the smallest mistake concerning physics afaik during his tenure here.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 01:48:45 PM »
I haven't seen it yet. I don't know if I plan to, but if what rab says is true I'd be doubtful. TheEngineer never made even the smallest mistake concerning physics afaik during his tenure here.
As Far As You Know but . . . .

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 02:59:44 PM »
But... obviously I have not read every single post the man has made. What are you on about now?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 10:08:49 PM »
But... obviously I have not read every single post the man has made. What are you on about now?
Nor every PM . . . . but I've not seen TheEngineer post anything relevant to Bob Knodel a.k.a the engineer « Reply #2 on: Today at 07:11:53 AM ».

Markjo wondered if Bob Knodel's "the same guy who used to post as TheEngineer on this site some years ago".
I was simply trying to quash any thought that they might be one and the same.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 10:11:38 PM »
I'd be doubtful that he's TheEngineer. Because I agree with you. If what you say is true, I'd be doubtful that he is TheEngineer.

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »

And people who were in the Navy want everyone to know they were in the Navy.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 10:41:52 AM »

True fact.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 01:28:58 PM »
I'd be doubtful that he's TheEngineer. Because I agree with you. If what you say is true, I'd be doubtful that he is TheEngineer.
Yeah, you guys are probably right.  Personally, I'd find it hard to believe that anyone claiming to be an engineer would self-identify as an FE'er. 

Then again, I'm an RE'er, so what do I know.  :P

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 01:39:45 PM »
I am an engineer. I self identify as a FE'er.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2019, 04:52:50 PM »
So many people do just that. For example jroa (now renamed to  ::) ::) ::)) used to have as Custom Title: "Custodial Engineer" ie "Floor Sweeper".

But if you claim to be a FE Engineer I do hope that you have the required qualifications from the Flat Earth Community University, FECU ;D.
We wouldn't want unqualified people claiming such an important role, would we?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2019, 06:05:20 AM »
I miss Engy Baby
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2019, 08:23:13 AM »

Engineers whose do a few research turns to FE after a while. It is not required we discuss why it is so.

1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 08:41:51 AM »

True fact.

I heard ol' man google was in the navy.
Hahah

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 09:52:57 AM »
Then you should write to your engineering school and see if you can get your money back.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 05:46:12 PM »
So many people do just that. For example jroa (now renamed to  ::) ::) ::)) used to have as Custom Title: "Custodial Engineer" ie "Floor Sweeper".

But if you claim to be a FE Engineer I do hope that you have the required qualifications from the Flat Earth Community University, FECU ;D.
I claim myself as an engineer because that's what I get paid to do everyday of my life and its my job title.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2019, 06:11:48 PM »

I claim myself as an engineer because that's what I get paid to do everyday of my life and its my job title.
My post was in jest and I'm not doubting your expertise at what you "do everyday" in your life and it's something that I would be hopeless at.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 07:59:27 PM »

My post was in jest and I'm not doubting your expertise at what you "do everyday" in your life and it's something that I would be hopeless at.
Thanks

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2019, 09:52:23 AM »
Yeah, you guys are probably right.  Personally, I'd find it hard to believe that anyone claiming to be an engineer would self-identify as an FE'er. 

TheEngineer was hardly convincing in his assertion of flat earth belief.  Didn't LARP as well as some here.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2019, 06:44:42 PM »

TheEngineer was hardly convincing in his assertion of flat earth belief.  Didn't LARP as well as some here.
He was very "non-committal about supporting the FE" wasn't he ;)?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2019, 06:34:24 AM »

I don't recall TheEngineer ever asserting a flat earth belief.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2019, 08:12:29 AM »
Yes, as far as I know he was a round earther. Most his posts were pointing out how every round earther that comes here has no idea why they believe its round as they can't justify their belief with even the minimal required knowledge to say so.

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2019, 09:11:07 AM »

https://www.nspe.org/resources/blogs/nspe-blog/the-cheapening-the-engineer-title

https://m.slashdot.org/story/325431

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2019, 10:13:13 AM »
I have no doubt there are "programmers" who are not engineers. I've certainly been on both sides of the fence. To say all that develop software are not engineers is ludicrous and shows both a huge amount of hubris and a huge amount of ignorance of the domain.

If you'd like to present an argument CaC, do so. I don't have time to sort through someone else's argument to try to find out what you are trying to get at. In my experience, most arguments to this line are extremely poorly thought out and in general very weak to even cursory inspection.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 10:16:56 AM by John Davis »

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2019, 10:47:41 AM »
I have no doubt there are "programmers" who are not engineers. I've certainly been on both sides of the fence. To say all that develop software are not engineers is ludicrous and shows both a huge amount of hubris and a huge amount of ignorance of the domain.

If you'd like to present an argument CaC, do so. I don't have time to sort through someone else's argument to try to find out what you are trying to get at. In my experience, most arguments to this line are extremely poorly thought out and in general very weak to even cursory inspection.

Some people who claim to be engineers aren't.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2019, 04:11:28 PM »

Sure. Some people who claim to be astronauts aren't either. Or physics professors. We've had a few of both over the years stop by. What's your point?

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2019, 10:31:59 PM »

Sure. Some people who claim to be astronauts aren't either. Or physics professors. We've had a few of both over the years stop by. What's your point?

If you'd like to present an argument CaC, do so.

That.