I have a few questions?

• 5 Replies
I have a few questions?
« on: January 21, 2019, 03:58:20 AM »
1)How many supporters does flat earth society have around the world?
2)how is there a North Pole and a South Pole?
3)how does the atmosphere stay together and how does gravity work?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:18:06 AM by Addd »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • All of us are versus me myself, balanced.
Re: I have a few questions?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 04:35:49 AM »

1) According to searches on google and youtube videos, that we are examining these statistics regularly, there are more than 100 millions, less or around a billion believers/researchers. This includes secret believers. But number of people have a courage to say this about 5% of entire world. You can think it between 5% minimum to 20% maximum.
2) North pole is located around North pole shown in general maps, ie it is located "about" same place with globular 3d map. You can find in it center of dark area in a google online map. There isn't anything as south pole.
3) Dome holds air together. Otherwise it would spread out the space because of difusion. There isn't anything as gravity. There is two theory about it. UA model depends on earth's moving upward with an accelerate equal to 9,81 m/s^2, that I don't believe it but it is a theory. And the other theory it has caused by atmospheric stringency. I mean, all objects pushes other and causes gravity affect.

best regards.
Ignore:
Coronal Gaydafi, boydster and mr juraII:A gang killing FE'rs
NotSoSkeptical
Platonius21
Solarwind (Amoranemix)
codebeta (papa legba)

Backstage of Covid-19 in Italian Parliament, Gates' bloody plan:

?

Spanky

• Earth is flat.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 05:10:36 AM »
Regarding your third question, I have a point to add. I am more towards the acceleration model, causing the gravity effect. Air is everywhere, but it is more dense near the surface of the Earth as the Earth is accelerating upwards, which compresses the air right above it. At the same time, this also explains why light from the sun can be refracted so significantly that it seem to rise and set. As the sun is very hot, a very steep temperature difference is bulid up near the sun, such that the refractive index slope of air near there is very steep. As a result, the air near the sun bends light significantly that makes the sun seem to rise and set.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 02:37:31 PM »

Greetings!  I am new also.   

Gravity may be the most mysterious force in the universe.   Scholars of natural philosophy used to drop balls off of towers and time them.   As clocks got more accurate they noticed from their measurements that the velocity of falling objects was not linear.   Consider it takes t seconds for an object  to fall x number of feet.    If the object drops 2x ft  (double the distance of the drop) the time it takes to hit the ground would be less than 2t sec.   Since the velocity was changing that meant that the objects were accelerating; which in classical physics means a force was acting on them.   This force was in the direction of the ground and they called it gravity.  Theoretical physicists posit that hydrogen atoms formed as a result of the big bang.   These hydrogen atoms eventually coalesced because of gravity and formed stars which made the heavier elements.  Some of these stars exploded  and then the dust of these explosions coalesced into planets.  Gravity is the reason for everything!  And now, according to theoretical physics we live in a universe is expanding into the nothingness;  nothingness is our future all thanks to gravity.  For falling object:   distance=1/2 (t squared)   velocity = 32 t and acceleration =32 ft per second per second.  In classical physics the force of gravity =  mass1 times mass2 times universal gravitational constant divided by the square of the distance between the objects.   Einstein said gravity was a 'curve in space' and where the mass was greater these curves would be more acute and objects would tend to travel along this curve as opposed to a straight line.  It takes an advanced degree in order to understand general relativity in terms of doing computations. What is gravity, really?  Who knows?  (I think I feel like writing a song.)
Ecclesiastes 2:15

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 12:48:37 PM »
I'm new here too, and a bit puzzled. The air is hotter near the Sun so the air is more dense the closer you get to it, and this denser air causes refraction which creates the optical illusion of sunrise and sunset, right?

This concept is very simple to test and demonstrate. if you go in a balloon straight up towards the Sun, the air in the sky should get hotter, not colder, as you get closer to the Sun, right? It would also be the case that at noon time it should be hotter at the top of a tall mountain than at the bottom, since the top of the mountain is closer to the Sun.

Somehow, though, the results are actually the opposite of what the theory predicts. The air in the sky gets colder the higher up you go closer to the Sun.

I wonder, what is the closest anyone ever got to the sun going up in a balloon, and what is the hottest temperature and air density they recorded on the way up? Is there a chart showing that data someone here could refer me to?

One other related question, about air density. It's pretty easy to measure the density of air. That is what an altimeter does. It tells you your altitude based on the density of the air. So, as you travel straight up in a balloon towards the Sun, according to the theory the air should get more dense (as well as hotter) the closer you get to the Sun. Actually though, the opposite is true. The higher up you go, the less dense the air gets, as the altimeter shows you.

All this would seem to indicate that there's something going on which I don't understand here. Help please!
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 12:55:40 PM »
If you are attempting to trick us, recall that around also means "throughout"; as in "I rode my bike around the village and talked to each person there"
Quantum Ab Hoc