Can someone show me proof if the Earth is flat?

• 18 Replies
Can someone show me proof if the Earth is flat?
« on: February 25, 2019, 10:06:23 AM »
Hey! I'm currently doing a school project, and I'm a flat earther. I need to find proof to prove my point, but I need the most trustworthy and reputable source. I am depending on you guys to help me prove my peers wrong, so they stop bullying me about my beliefs. If you have good proof, please send it in the response... Thanks!

Re: Can someone show me proof if the Earth is flat?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 10:14:22 AM »
Please help... BOOST

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 10:55:49 AM »
Be more specific as there are different models of the FE.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »
Invite jane for a video conference.

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 06:53:23 PM »
Why can't you just make up your own facts like other flat earthers?

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 08:55:08 PM »
Why can't you just make up your own facts like other flat earthers?

Haha ya
Scepti is looking for eafer followers.
He loves rehashing his sponge in hand resisting the crush analogy.

?

dutchy

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 11:19:13 PM »
Hey! I'm currently doing a school project, and I'm a flat earther. I need to find proof to prove my point, but I need the most trustworthy and reputable source. I am depending on you guys to help me prove my peers wrong, so they stop bullying me about my beliefs. If you have good proof, please send it in the response... Thanks!
Light another cigaret and wait for the lord of gravity to perform it’s magic on the cigaret smoke and pull it back to the centre of the earth ?

Kidding.....

If i were you i would take a globe with you and a golfball.
If this is the earth to scale where would ‘golfball’ Pluto be in this little solar system ?
Wait for the answers and then tell them it is in between 110-170 Km  from earth depending on it’s position in orbit.
And the sun to scale is a 10 storage apartment building and is capable of holding everything together while making all sorts of manouvres in the process.

Then also tell them that from the 30cm globe , Andromeda is still 650.000.000.000 km away from 30cm earth.

I think who needs to do the explaining first  ::)

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 11:44:21 PM »
So no proof of the flat earth. Just some figures you can't wrap your head around. "I can't believe it so it cannot be true"

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 11:57:19 PM »
Light another cigaret and wait for the lord of gravity to perform it’s magic on the cigaret smoke and pull it back to the centre of the earth ?

Kidding.....

If this is the earth to scale where would ‘golfball’ Pluto be in this little solar system ?
Wait for the answers and then tell them it is in between 110-170 Km  from earth depending on it’s position in orbit.
And the sun to scale is a 10 storage apartment building and is capable of holding everything together while making all sorts of manouvres in the process.

Then also tell them that from the 30cm globe , Andromeda is still 650.000.000.000 km away from 30cm earth.

anotehr case of DDU.
it's been explained.
it can be shown with predictive math.
funny eh?
the scientists can map out the solar system to a reasonably high degree of accuracy using fakenews yet... where's your FE map showing southern hem distances?
ya...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 12:29:47 AM »

The topic is "Re: Can someone show me proof if the Earth is flat?"
I see no evidence that the earth might be flat in you attempted "Argument from Personal Incredulity".

I fail to see the slightest relevance between the distance to Andromeda and the shape of the earth.
Up until after 1550 AD the earth was believed to be a stationary Globe with the distances to the sun, planets and stars far less than now accepted.

You seem to go with all (the whole of modern cosmology) or nothing (a flat earth with a close sun, moon etc).
There are many even today that believe in a Geocentric Solar System - one is Robert Sungenis who wrote
                The Copernican Conspiracy but also Galileo was Wrong,The Flat Earth Frenzy, Unscientific and Unbiblical by Robert Sungenis.
Using simple observations on earth it is very difficult to see any difference between a Heliocentric Solar System and Tycho Brahe's Geocentric Solar System.

But my point is that there are plenty of options between a flat stationary earth and "modern Cosmology".

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 05:43:41 AM »

just get an inflatable globe then beat it with a baseball bat. theres your flat earth model

?

JCM

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 09:24:06 AM »

Kidding.....

Since you mentioned Andromeda...  What do you think it is Dutchy?  We can take pictures of nebulas as well from our backyards. What are these things in the sky in your mind?

?

dutchy

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 09:33:08 AM »

I choose option 1

1 No one really knows

2 Most claim it's a galaxy some 250,000 lightyears in diameter...and like the other billions of gallaxies out there are glued together with the yet to be discovered black magic glue.
And the black magic glue better be there, otherwise the whole hypothesis immidiatly collapses.
So we test, research, look and try to find the black magic glue without having any succes whatsoever.
But giving up on the whole idea is not an option. ::)

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2019, 10:05:21 AM »
Quatum physics cosmic physics high level physics all deal with the theoretical based on a einstein model.
They dont know and put in "dark magic matter" as a math place holder.

However.
Circles.
Things falling.
Rotating star trails.
Horizon.
All easily covered under newtons basic physics.

If your stretch of an arguement is that earth is flat because of unexplanable theoretical galaxy math - ill have to ask again - wheres your map?

Lets see it.
Produce the most basic of objects.

?

dutchy

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 01:04:51 PM »
Quatum physics cosmic physics high level physics all deal with the theoretical based on a einstein model.
They dont know and put in "dark magic matter" as a math place holder.

However.
Circles.
Things falling.
Rotating star trails.
Horizon.
All easily covered under newtons basic physics.

If your stretch of an arguement is that earth is flat because of unexplanable theoretical galaxy math - ill have to ask again - wheres your map?

Lets see it.
I cannot remotely present an accurate flatearth map,.... as if you didn't know allready.

What i noticed is that most globers wave their hands when it comes to modern cosmology as if that is not part of the discussion about earth's shape.
What i like to know where the split points are.
When and where exactly becomes fact fiction ?

In my opinion the whole cosmoligical package comes as a unity.
You cannot simply discuss earth's shape without the whole cosmoligical package.
One is derived from the other and one does not exist without the other.
A spinning tilted globe and every observation from earth gazing to the stars is part of the same cosmoligical package.
You cannot take a single part in isolation ,pretending the rest does not really matter in the larger picture.

The moment the cosmological package collapses is the moment the globeearth collapses.
As if a globe with hot core, orbiting the sun can be concluded without the whole package.
If modern cosmology is in error ( not talking about small bits and bites)... so is the current globe.

For some unknown reason all of you deliberate fail to understand this simple concept.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 01:13:57 PM by dutchy »

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 01:21:48 PM »
No map eh?
Probaly you shouldnt criticize physicists for "failing" to figure how the universe works.

Fact vs fiction.
Their best guess is labeled honsetly as such.
Fiction would be a baseles claim that there is a massive conspiracy to entrap the world and that everyjing relies on denpressure and the sun is actually a reflection off a helium dome.

Do you need to account for quasars and supernovas to find out how long it takes for a rock to fall from 10storey building?
Or how about designing a rollercoaster?
The shape of your head is round (predictably) and i dont need to have 100million billion yrs of evolution evidence to prove that point.

What simple concept do we fail at?
Understanding the amazingly off balanced FE double standard?

?

dutchy

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 01:44:15 PM »
No map eh?
Probaly you shouldnt criticize physicists for "failing" to figure how the universe works.

Fact vs fiction.
Fiction would be a baseles claim that there is a massive conspiracy to entrap the world and that everyjing relies on denpressure and the sun is actually a reflection off a helium dome.

Do you need to account for quasars and supernovas to find out how long it takes for a rock to fall from 10storey building?
The shape of your head is round (predictably) and i dont need to have 100million billion yrs of evolution evidence to prove that point.

A lot of talk, little answers.

All of the assumptions about the incoming starlight collapses with a new theory of light.
It's the core of how we determine the age and distances within our current model of the universe.
I personally think the big bang and the inflation of the early universe that explains why the furthest starlight can still reach earth, while it started it's journey long before the earth was formed.... are pure speculation and magic with numbers beyond comprehension.

Then we have the rotating spiral arms of far away galaxies that can only be as observed when inserting massive amounts of dark matter and energy.

Since most if not all observations are made from inside earth's atmosphere the debate about the properties of starlight should be under investigation.
The numerous and extremely conflicting testimonies about the black void with or without stars ( allign all the astronaut's testimonies from outer space) are cringeworthy.
They simply talk out of their ass when addressing what they supposedly saw in outerspace.

It could well be that we cannot see the starlight in the vacuum of space .... and if that is true the interaction / refraction with earth's atmosphere ( groce matter) makes the starlight visible for any observer on earth.
But then it could be instantaneously instead of travelling for billions of years.

I have read every single claim made by every astronaut who went above the atmosphere.
They all have extremely different testimonies that should be investigated by the authorities.
From pitch black without any stars to ten times numerous and bright compared to the darkest night on earth.
And everything in between...... while there should be a very coherant star sighting... which is absolutely not the case.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 01:47:52 PM by dutchy »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 02:17:15 PM »

Lets see it.
I cannot remotely present an accurate flatearth map,.... as if you didn't know allready.
So how do you explain the obvious fact the navigators have been finding their way around the earth for centuries and their only maps were terrestrial Globe for an overview and flat projections of parts of the earth.

Navigation was pretty rough until Captain Cook's time but since the "air-age" accurate navigation has been essential for long intercontinental flights.
One obvious example is the flight of Charles Kingsford-Smith (and his crew) from Hawaii to the tiny island of Fiji.
You might read more about that in Flat Earth General / Re: Flat Earth "Leader" Gets His Best 5 Points Ruined!! « Reply on October 10, 2018, 01:49:18 PM ».
But I guess you won't bother!

Quote from: dutchy
What i noticed is that most globers wave their hands when it comes to modern cosmology as if that is not part of the discussion about earth's shape.
Yes, most that believe the earth to be a Globe "wave their hands when it comes to modern cosmology".
But why is that surprising when modern cosmology is not part of the discussion about earth's shape?
Modern Cosmology is Modern ::) (duh!).
It could be said to start in 1927 by the Belgian Roman Catholic priest, Georges Lemaître though some of his work had, in fact, already been derived without his knowledge by the Russian Alexander Friedmann in 1922.

But even in Kepler's and later Newton's time there was little thought of the Universe being anything like the size presented in modern cosmology.
Yet, without a shadow of a doubt, the earth was taken to be a Globe right through from some centuries BC and not only by "the Greeks" but most in Europe and the Middle East.
Though until the 1600s at least the earth was considered stationary but still a Globe.

What you always fail to accept is that this "flat-earth movement" is a modern affair that started in the mid-1800s as a mis-directed reaction to the perceived threat of Wallace and Darwin's ideas.

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »
No map eh?

Fact vs fiction.

A lot of talk, little answers.

All of the assumptions about the incoming starlight collapses with a new theory of light.
It's the core of how we determine the age and distances within our current model of the universe.
I personally think the big bang and the inflation of the early universe that explains why the furthest starlight can still reach earth, while it started it's journey long before the earth was formed.... are pure speculation and magic with numbers beyond comprehension.

Then we have the rotating spiral arms of far away galaxies that can only be as observed when inserting massive amounts of dark matter and energy.

Since most if not all observations are made from inside earth's atmosphere the debate about the properties of starlight should be under investigation.
The numerous and extremely conflicting testimonies about the black void with or without stars ( allign all the astronaut's testimonies from outer space) are cringeworthy.
They simply talk out of their ass when addressing what they supposedly saw in outerspace.

It could well be that we cannot see the starlight in the vacuum of space .... and if that is true the interaction / refraction with earth's atmosphere ( groce matter) makes the starlight visible for any observer on earth.
But then it could be instantaneously instead of travelling for billions of years.

I have read every single claim made by every astronaut who went above the atmosphere.
They all have extremely different testimonies that should be investigated by the authorities.
From pitch black without any stars to ten times numerous and bright compared to the darkest night on earth.
And everything in between...... while there should be a very coherant star sighting... which is absolutely not the case.

You're absolutely right - You provided way more words than i did.
In the most simplest and basic of terms, where's your map that anyone could pick up and travel from Argentina to go visit Rab.