The Conspiracy

• 40 Replies
The Conspiracy
« on: February 22, 2019, 07:52:13 AM »
One of the arguments made against the concept of Flat Earth is that the conspiracy to keep the true shape of the earth secret would be so massive in extent that it could not possibly exist.

But is that necessarily true?

As the old joke goes, I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you.

The conspiracy doesn't have to be very large in extent at all.

The conspiracy doesn't have to be keeping the secret from the whole world.

It just has to keep the secret from you.

It doesn't have to doctor all the photos in the world, just the ones you look at.
It doesn't have to doctor all the books in the world, just the ones you look at.
It doesn't have to fake the flights you take (and really, when's the last time *you* took a flight?) just the ones you take.
It doesn't have to fake all the data and web pages in the world, just the ones you look at.

C'mon. Think about it. How easy it would be to just monitor you, and feed you the fake data and photos? You just sit there at the computer anyway, searching and searching for evidence. You know that you are special. You know that you are right. You know that they monitor you anyway, especially when they saw that you were searching for the truth. You know they want to hide it but you're diligently working to uncover the truth, so they just feed you the false info. Nobody else is really paying attention. They don't bother with them. It's just you. You can feel it in your bones, can't you? They're watching. They're monitoring. On your computer. On your phone. On the street. In your basement. Watching. Feeding you what they want you to know. They're not doing it to everyone else. Just you. That greeter at Walmart? He's in on it. That checkout girl at the Dollar Store? She is, too. Your Mom upstairs? Yeah. Her too. Watching. Waiting.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: The Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 02:07:44 PM »
One of the arguments made against the concept of Flat Earth is that the conspiracy to keep the true shape of the earth secret would be so massive in extent that it could not possibly exist.

But is that necessarily true?

As the old joke goes, I don't have to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun you.

The conspiracy doesn't have to be very large in extent at all.

The conspiracy doesn't have to be keeping the secret from the whole world.

It just has to keep the secret from you.

It doesn't have to doctor all the photos in the world, just the ones you look at.
It doesn't have to doctor all the books in the world, just the ones you look at.
It doesn't have to fake the flights you take (and really, when's the last time *you* took a flight?) just the ones you take.
It doesn't have to fake all the data and web pages in the world, just the ones you look at.

C'mon. Think about it. How easy it would be to just monitor you, and feed you the fake data and photos? You just sit there at the computer anyway, searching and searching for evidence. You know that you are special. You know that you are right. You know that they monitor you anyway, especially when they saw that you were searching for the truth. You know they want to hide it but you're diligently working to uncover the truth, so they just feed you the false info. Nobody else is really paying attention. They don't bother with them. It's just you. You can feel it in your bones, can't you? They're watching. They're monitoring. On your computer. On your phone. On the street. In your basement. Watching. Feeding you what they want you to know. They're not doing it to everyone else. Just you. That greeter at Walmart? He's in on it. That checkout girl at the Dollar Store? She is, too. Your Mom upstairs? Yeah. Her too. Watching. Waiting.
No matter, there simply has to be "THE Conspiracy" as described in this
Quote from: The Flat Earth Society Wiki
Place of the Conspiracy in FET
P1) If personally unverifiable evidence contradicts an obvious truth then the evidence is fabricated
P2) The FET (Flat Earth Theory) is an obvious truth
P3) There is personally unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET
C1) The unverifiable evidence that contradicts the FET is fabricated evidence
P4) If there is large amounts of fabricated evidence then there must be a conspiracy to fabricate it
P5) There is a large amount of fabricated evidence (see C1)
C2) There must be a conspiracy to fabricate it.
Because if there is no conspiracy there is no possibility that the earth could be flat and stationary.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 03:29:10 PM »
There are billions of you on the planet, so yeah...

"They" need to fool billions.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 04:57:23 PM »
Was it beer or whiskey, dude?  :o
 8)
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 03:36:14 PM »
So you are saying that maybe hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions (patrol the ice wall, gps/data comm balloons, stratalite design/production/launch/operation, faking the space program, installing secret stick pushers in airplanes ("Hey what's that?" "shutup, NASA said they will kill my entire family if this gets out."), faking data from weather satellites, etc etc etc) of people who know while we are living in the Truman Show?

Is it possible for something to be both true and unproven?

Are things that are true and proven any different from things that are true but not proven?

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 03:53:07 PM »
So you are saying that maybe hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions (patrol the ice wall, gps/data comm balloons, stratalite design/production/launch/operation, faking the space program, installing secret stick pushers in airplanes ("Hey what's that?" "shutup, NASA said they will kill my entire family if this gets out."), faking data from weather satellites, etc etc etc) of people who know while we are living in the Truman Show?
Not we.

Just you.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2019, 06:01:44 AM »
Yep. We’re all in on it.

To the one real flat earther here:

You are Dr. Miles Bennell at the end of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

You never knew fear until you kissed Becky.

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 07:12:33 AM »
Thats his point.
We re all sitting alone in a basement anonymosly talking to anonmous others.
Trust no one.

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 07:13:21 AM »
And if you didnt catch the sarcasm, best seek a mental health professional.
Or you maybe have a brain tumour.

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »
jimster clearly didn't.

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2019, 10:19:12 AM »
jimster clearly didn't.

haha jimster is a realist.
but sadly lacks a sense of humour.
too serious.
insert joker.

?

dutchy

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2019, 12:25:41 PM »

Therefor i am all for the accusation of every single Volkswagen employee for his/her fair share in the Volkswagen emission scandal.
The 400.000 Apollo workers knew Apollo was real, so every Volkswagen employee should be condamned for being in the know when trying to mess with the emissions.
No way the board of directors could hide such a grandscale scam for their workforce. ::)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2019, 01:06:03 PM »

Therefor i am all for the accusation of every single Volkswagen employee for his/her fair share in the Volkswagen emission scandal.
The 400.000 Apollo workers knew Apollo was real, so every Volkswagen employee should be condamned for being in the know when trying to mess with the emissions.
No way the board of directors could hide such a grandscale scam for their workforce. ::)
Why is it always NASA, NASA, NASA?
Long before NASA and any space travel numerous people who had to know the shape of the earth simply to do their daily job.

If you will excuse some copy-n-paste ;D (why waste time re-writing something you'll ignore anyway ::)):
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
You don't actually define who is included in these dreadful "globalists" really are,
but surely it must include all those who must know the true shape of earth simply to perform the daily tasks.
So, who might these people be? I would suggest that the following, at least, simply have to know the true shape of the earth.
I give some details in this post, The False Conspiracy « Message by rabinoz on September 30, 2017, 07:20:22 AM »
And here is a summary:
  • All involved directly in the space industry.
  • All international ships' navigators.
  • All international airline route planners, pilots and first officers.
  • All astronomers, both amateur and professional.
  • All geodetic surveyors.
  • All surveyors dealing in mining and tunnelling.
  • All engineers planning microwave links.
  • All those installing satellite TV dishes.
You might query some of these, but just face the fact that there are numerous people who need to know the true shape of the earth.

These people just go about their work based on the Globe Earth. If the earth were flat and not rotating many of these tasks would be performed quite differently or not exist at all and the people involved would certainly know the difference.
No, you cannot possibly hide the true shape of the earth from so many people.

So are all these people lying to rest of the world? I simply do not believe it.

You are accusing of a great many people of intentionally deceiving the rest of the population.

So, you really need extremely sound evidence before you go making serious allegations like this!

By the way, I failed to mention the big bad government. I have seen little evidence that governments have had anything to do with the case.

But if there is no massive cospiracy there can be no flat earth and that is that because:
  • Even one genuine photograph of earth from "space" kills the flat earth instantly yet there are probably millions from numerous sources.
  • Real intercontinental air-route distances would be quite impossible on a flat earth.
  • The paths of the sun, moon, planets and stars cannot fit any flat earth with these objects circling above yet every amateur and professional astronomer will agree with the current paths of these.
  • etc, etc.
So, if there is no massive conspiracy there can be no flat earth and a conspiracy so wide is totally ridiculous.

?

dutchy

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2019, 01:31:38 PM »
But if there is no massive cospiracy there can be no flat earth and that is that because:
    A real open mind would have a different opening line :
    If there is a massive conspiracy about a flatearth, i have some very convincing EVIDENCE to the contrary you should take into consideration first before jumping to massive conclusions
    Bu i'm aware that i'm asking way to much of you,.....it's because of people like you that critical thinking has been completely sucked out of the educational system.
    [/list]

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 01:39:13 PM »

uh...VW didn't ... that's why you know about it and that's why they're in trouble

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2019, 01:52:52 PM »

I doubt every VW employee knew about the emissions fraud as it was all to do with the way tests were carried out. The people who knew the truth at the time was pretty limited.......but you know what they didn’t get away with it. I think what this demonstrates quite well is how difficult it is to get away with fraud.
    What we have to remember is only you and a relatively few others think Apollo was a fraud.

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019, 01:56:11 PM »
      If there is a massive conspiracy about a flatearth, i have some very convincing EVIDENCE to the contrary you should take into consideration first before jumping to massive conclusions
      Bu i'm aware that i'm asking way to much of you,.....it's because of people like you that critical thinking has been completely sucked out of the educational system.
      [/list]

What proof do you have of a conspiracy involving every nation on earth? In the case of VW it was all to do with sales of Diesel cars to the USA. We have both proof and motive for that one. What proof and motive do you have regarding your FE beliefs?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
      « Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 04:00:11 PM »
      This thread is about "The Conspiracy" and I stand by what I said, "if there is no massive cospiracy there can be no flat earth".

When something has been used as the basis of all our understanding about the earth for many centuries and no plausible evidence has been presented to the contrary any "real open mind" would see that the earth simply has to be a Globe.

Quote from: dutchy
      But i'm aware that i'm asking way to much of you,.....it's because of people like you that critical thinking has been completely sucked out of the educational system.
      So, as usual, nothing of value from you just your usual pathetic attempt to denigrate me.
      "Critical thinking" is exceedingly important but I've had nothing to do with primary or secondary education where the correct problem seems to be.
      In addition critical thinking must have data to base that thinking on.
      I've seen enough of high "IQ" people who dream up such "logical" scenarios for "how things work" but which are quite useless when explaining how the real world does work.

But, like it or not Mr Dutchy, if there is no massive conspiracy going back, there can be no flat earth and that is that.
      Astronomers have shown that for a couple of millennia that the earth must be a Globe and high altitude pictures have demonstrated an undeniable curve since at least 1945.
      All of the results of photographs from space have been quite consistent with what has been known of the shape of the earth all along.

Sorry, but here's more copy-n-paste but it's worth more than all your empty words with nothing to back them up!

The only reason you can have for claiming that all of these photos are faked is that you believe in a massive conspiracy going back many centuries.

Quote from: SchdyInventTech

First Footage Taken in Space - 1959

Footage taken from a Thor missile launched on May 12, 1959 by a special "data capsule" containing a 16mm camera.  Originally designed by GE to record footage of the missile itself for later analysis, the engineers quickly realized that the device could record images of the Earth itself.
      From the GE Film Catalog: "On May 12, 1959, Air Force Thor Missile Number 187 lifted off its launching pad at Cape Canaveral and headed Southeast out over the Atlantic Missile Range, To most observers, it was apparently just another routine test; however, this flight was different. In its blunt General Electric Mark 2 nose cone, Thor 187 carried a very special payload installed in a small data capsule that would be recovered when the flight was over. As usual, the reliable Thor was right on course. Fifteen minutes and 1500 miles after leaving the launching site, it came down so close to the predicted impact point that crew-members on the recovery ship standing by actually witnessed the data capsule plunge into the sea. In record time the sphere was hauled aboard and the vessel headed for shore. There, General Electric scientists began the careful processing of the capsule's contents. They were not long in finding the results they had hoped for—in the subdued light of a photographic darkroom, on a still-dripping strip of developed motion picture film, the eyes of man beheld for the first time the image of the earth as it appears from beyond the atmosphere."

In the meantime the only evidence we get from you for a flat earth is "It looks flat ::)" and NASA lies - well that is not very convincing, you must admit.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »

This thread is about "The Conspiracy" and I stand by what I said, "if there is no massive cospiracy there can be no flat earth".

It's obvious from your posts that you don't understand what this thread is about.

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »
      To understand the scale of the VW (and other manufacturers) emission scandal, you need to understand how the tests were faked.

Whenever someone tried to print out the results of a car emissions test, the signal from the computer to the printer was secretly hijacked by VW and routed their art department.  The art department consisted of highly skilled calligraphers, who would write fake test reports by hand that looked almost exactly like real computer typefaces.  Scanned versions of these fake reports were then fed back to the printer at the test bed.

The deception was uncovered by heroic online conspiracy theorists, who spotted tiny discrepancies in these printouts, despite protests from apologist shills about "differences between inkjet and laser printers, blah, blah, blah"

;)   

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
      « Reply #20 on: February 25, 2019, 07:57:54 PM »
      It's obvious from your posts that you don't understand what this thread is about.
      Really?
      C'mon. Think about it. How easy it would be to just monitor you, and feed you the fake data and photos? You just sit there at the computer anyway, searching and searching for evidence.
      I have thought about it. and I do not "just sit there at the computer anyway, searching and searching for evidence".
      A big part of the reason I believe the earth to be a Globe is from what I see with my own eyes and I don't bother posting much of that.

Quote from: Curiouser and Curiouser
      You know that you are special.
      No, I'm not special.
      It's the conspiracy theorists that think that they are special and know things that us poor Sheeples who aren't fully Woke remain ignorant of.

Quote from: Curiouser and Curiouser
      You know that you are right. You know that they monitor you anyway, especially when they saw that you were searching for the truth. You know they want to hide it but you're diligently working to uncover the truth, so they just feed you the false info. Nobody else is really paying attention. They don't bother with them. It's just you. You can feel it in your bones, can't you? They're watching. They're monitoring. On your computer. On your phone. On the street. In your basement. Watching. Feeding you what they want you to know. They're not doing it to everyone else. Just you. That greeter at Walmart? He's in on it. That checkout girl at the Dollar Store? She is, too. Your Mom upstairs? Yeah. Her too. Watching. Waiting.
      And who are "they"? The reptilians that control the Illuminati that control the Freemasons that control NASA ;D?

Get real! We have eyes and can see, observe and measure enough to know that no flat earth "model" is possible.

The stuff on the Internet is just for pretty pictures and to show what others say.

But to be honest your OP was so ridiculous that I didn't give it any credence.

So, maybe I still fathomed what your thread is all about but I still say, "if there is no massive cospiracy there can be no flat earth".

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2019, 08:07:32 PM »
      [Double facepalm]

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2019, 08:53:42 PM »
      Ol man rab doesnt get northern humour.

?

dutchy

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2019, 10:56:40 PM »
      To understand the scale of the VW (and other manufacturers) emission scandal, you need to understand how the tests were faked.

Whenever someone tried to print out the results of a car emissions test, the signal from the computer to the printer was secretly hijacked by VW and routed their art department.  The art department consisted of highly skilled calligraphers, who would write fake test reports by hand that looked almost exactly like real computer typefaces.  Scanned versions of these fake reports were then fed back to the printer at the test bed.

The deception was uncovered by heroic online conspiracy theorists, who spotted tiny discrepancies in these printouts, despite protests from apologist shills about "differences between inkjet and laser printers, blah, blah, blah"

;)   
      Hahahaha very good  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the good laugh !!!

?

dutchy

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2019, 10:58:45 PM »
      Don’t be shy on your criticism  ::)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
      « Reply #25 on: February 26, 2019, 12:47:01 AM »
      You can keep you Northern Hemiplane ::) and I'll live in my Southern Hemisphere ::)
      Happy now ;D?

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2019, 01:23:06 AM »
      i see no australia there.
      you must be fakenews.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
      « Reply #27 on: February 26, 2019, 02:03:51 AM »
      you must be fakenews.
      Just turn the HemiSemiPlanarSphere around half a turn! You NorthernHemiPlanarterranians are so narrow minded.
      But being ruled by The Trumpet has so indoctrinated everyone that you can't tell factions from fiction.

René Descartes said I think; therefore I am.
         and RABinOZ says I think Australia exists; therefore Australia exists.
                                                                                        Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2019, 02:07:49 AM »
      you must be fakenews.
      Just turn the HemiSemiPlanarSphere around half a turn! You NorthernHemiPlanarterranians are so narrow minded.
      But being ruled by The Trumpet has so indoctrinated everyone that you can't tell factions from fiction.

René Descartes said I think; therefore I am.
         and RABinOZ says I think Australia exists; therefore Australia exists.
                                                                                        Quod Erat Demonstrandum.

quarter turn
      pfff
      according to sando's math, the earth is stationary.
      try again fakenews.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
      • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
      « Reply #29 on: February 26, 2019, 02:18:40 AM »
      Jura is perturbed, where does this leave me?

Having initially joined these societies (I believed) to spread the word of my brilliance in denouncing flatearthism, whereby just my presence in a debate would scatter the ill informed and paranoidal to the four corners, then having memories of gradual disillusionment as the cult of Jura failed to materialise and worse still, that locked in a mirrored room state of being, that these fools barely registered my awesomeness, remembering also the psychic shock that this engendered the concomitant fall from grace in my own eyes, the drink, drugs and casual sex I turned to, to fill the void, then the gradual ascent from this dark pit of self-abuse to the realisation that I am a star in my own sky only, that even so I have worth and that drink, drugs and casual sex is kinda fun, and that life down in the lower fora is my natural home now, that if I need validation of my intellect an online course (3 weeks to be a Reiki master?), is all I need.

But now I find that I must be a loop of clever code, not only that but peripheral, a fleshing out of the virtual world built to hoodwink, for a reason that will forever be beyond me, a single person into believing that a truly flat earth is actually spherical?

Too much. Pass that bottle one more time then write me out of this matrix please. 
      Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.