Question

• 8 Replies
Question
« on: February 17, 2019, 10:13:20 PM »
How does Earth keep all of it's objects on it if it doesn't have gravity?

?

JCM

Re: Question
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 11:40:40 AM »

I would replace “gravity” with “magic” and it’s all good.  No need to explain how “magic” works.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »

I would replace “gravity” with “magic” and it’s all good.  No need to explain how “magic” works.
Yes, well pointed out. The round earth require magic for their gravity to work!
Quantum Ab Hoc

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2019, 05:51:42 PM »

I understand there is likely some back history to your response to JCM, and that his response doesn't add to the discussion either. That said, I don't see a lot of value in your comment, in fact it seems like it would serve to discourage new comers (like myself) from looking into the FET further.  Yes there are numerous explanations given in various theories that I have read explaining how what is commonly called gravity is generated/caused in FET, and Jane (who appears to be a RE believer) did  a good job of providing a number of links to those explanations.  I guess I would just have hoped for a better first impression from someone that is clearly a large figure in this community (judging by your nearly 15,000 posts and Admin title).   Implying that the commonly held understanding of gravity only works if you involve "magic" but providing no argument to support that statement, or providing an alternative viewpoint just seems to be a poor way to engage with someone coming here looking for possible supporting arguments for, or with questions about FET.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2019, 06:00:34 PM »
Goscar, this is the Q&A section of the forum. If you have questions about FET this is the forum to ask them in. If you want to complain start a thread in Suggestions and Concerns.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2019, 06:14:50 PM »
Goscar, this is the Q&A section of the forum. If you have questions about FET this is the forum to ask them in. If you want to complain start a thread in Suggestions and Concerns.

My apologies, I didn't mean it as a complaint.  Though I can see how it would come across that way.  I was simply saying I was disappointment there wasn't further explanation on the "traditional gravity requires magic comment" and hoping that John Davis might further expand on that. In that light. 

I understand the basics of some of the FE theories on gravitational forces (or replacement of that force), such as constant acceleration. And to a less extent think I grasp the concept of the aether wind that forces things down. Both leave me with some questions about the details of their working I am hoping to answer with further reading. That said the traditional theory of gravity is something I have a better grasp of, and have yet to see other statements implying that it has serious flaws that would require "magic" to explain. 

So what specifically about the RE concept of gravity was John referring to in his statement?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2019, 06:33:29 PM »
He was making a sarcastic reply to a sarcastic reply.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 02:24:21 PM »

The round earth would require magic as well?  can you explain the tides from the gravity of the sun and moon?