day light

• 4 Replies
day light
« on: February 25, 2019, 12:01:18 PM »
why the daylight is changing, and how in every country the daylight is different?

thank you

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
Re: day light
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 01:41:05 PM »
The sun illuminates a particular portion of the earth at any time of day due to its path (roughly a circle following near the equator depending on time of year and other variables). It does not light the entire earth as air is not a vacuum and thus scatters light.
Quantum Ab Hoc

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 11:59:26 AM »
I'm new to FE so I don't quite understand this. If air scatters light from the Sun, then the light from the sun doesn't stay focused like, say, from a laser pointer. Instead, the light spreads out (is scattered) in every direction, like light from a regular light bulb. So the Sun circling around above the Earth wouldn't be like a spotlight shining only on one part of the Earth but would be scattered all around by the air, right?

Now I thought of a simple experiment which anyone can do at home in the nighttime to study this. (See link to my illustration of the experiment below.)

Say you turn the light on in one room (Room A), then you leave that room and go into an adjoining room (Room B), keeping the door open between the rooms. (Experiment Step 1 in my illustration.) Now, you turn off the light in the next room (B.)  Okay, so you are now in the other room (B) with the light off but the light is still on in the first room (A). So it's much darker in room B without a light, but even though you can't see the lamp in the other room (A) directly since you are at the spot marked "X" you can still see around the room B a little bit because some light is scattered through the door from Room A to Room B. (Experiment Step 2.)

Now, if you close the door between rooms A and B, it will block the light from room A and so it will be very dark in room B. (Experiment Step 3.) You can tell when the door is opened or closed because the amount of light being scattered from Room A to Room B changes and more light gets to Room B when the door is open than when it's closed. This is even though you are in the spot marked "X" where you can't see the lamp in Room A directly.

I know that's kind of a complicated experiment but I hope my illustration and experiment shows what I mean about how you can see scattered light even when you can't see the light source directly.

So I guess my question is, what are the "doors" in the sky that keeps the air-scattered sunlight from reaching all the rest of the earth except for the part where the Sun is directly visible above the horizon?

Here's my illustration of the experiment.
http://www.danamo.com/Light_Scatter_Experiment.jpg
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 03:43:22 PM »
If the air scatters sunlight then why doesn't it scatter the light through all the air so it can be seen everywhere on Earth at the same time?
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Member of the Brotherhood of the Dome
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 04:52:35 AM »
Day light and sun light are different things. The sun has its own light, but it is not the source of daylight. environments where no sun is visible, when they are in daylight. Pi31415's example is good. We can increase these examples with sample of well. Let's give an example of an umbrella. When you use an umbrella you can prevent sunlight, but you are still on enough light.

For example, if you are in an elevator shaft, the light entry from several places is sufficient to illuminate the entire elevator well. however, if there is no holes for light enter it, so the whole well will be dark. water wells are an example of this. The sun is not the only source of light. but it has its own light and is located in the middle of daylight. this causes us to think that the source of daylight is the sun. So much so that, real believers may do mistake on this issue.

A religional example:
Let there be light. Let there be day and night.
Let there be sun and moon.
The first order is came before the second one. Inother say, when light has created, there was not a sun exist. But there was day and night. After that, sun has created.
In this case either you will continue to claim that you are a faithful person, or you will say that the source of daylight is the sun. the two cannot be together. I say both, I've examined the daylight and decided it is free from sunlight, and God created daylight before sun.

Genesis 1 New International Version (NIV)

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.
4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

Please teach bible childs with true way. Bible says God created light, dan and night in first day, "BEFORE" he created the sun. And God has created the sun at fourth day; after created light, day and night. I think nobody knows it better than who created them. But maybe John Davis does.