The conspiracy theory

• 16 Replies
The conspiracy theory
« on: December 09, 2005, 02:08:17 AM »
I never understood it. Why do all the goverments in the world ALL have indoctrinated everyone to believe that the world is round. It's not like they make money off making people ignorant of the world's shape.

I've read in another post a reply to a similar question, which pretty much went like, "the goverments don't want to looks stupid. If they told uz the world was flat, there woulds be a big big riot."

So even if I did buy that silly notion, why would all the goverments make such a silly conspiracy in the first place? Not to mention that all goverments fight and disagree, but they all seem to agree on the round nature of our planet. Weird, huh?

Surely it was started by Aristotle as a huge global conspiracy to ... ? I don't know. Fill in the blank if you can.

I think that if no response is given, this alone, besides all the other evidence against it, should disprove the flat-land notion.
Shrimp

?

Jake2o04

The conspiracy theory
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 01:47:29 PM »
As you can see by reading this forum the flat-Earthers do not use normal logic.  They believe that the government is doing it just because they can.  Or atleast that is what I pull from their posts.
     Another thing you can see is that flat-Earthers answer every question with one of 3-4 answers that they think prove the planet is flat.

The conspiracy theory
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 05:52:14 PM »
Quote from: "Jake2o04"
As you can see by reading this forum the flat-Earthers do not use normal logic.  They believe that the government is doing it just because they can.  Or atleast that is what I pull from their posts.
     Another thing you can see is that flat-Earthers answer every question with one of 3-4 answers that they think prove the planet is flat.

Pray tell mister 2o04, what is normal logic?  As far as i am able to comprehend logic is a stand alone principle which goes far beyond the concepts of evidence or observation.  In fact ( :lol: ) logic goes a fair way to challenge the mainstream belief and adherrence to evidence and observation.  Using "normal logic" ( :lol: again) it is very easy to challenge even the most solid beliefs of society.  I would refer you to some of my other posts, but I cant be bothered since you will probably reply, if at all, in a similarly closed minded fashion.  I will say that logic provides its own premise and that any concept of different categories of logic (though some may say different) is a challenge to logic itself and without logic as a premise for debate we may indeed believe in anything we fancy without having to condone it.

answers on a postcard
ts obvious isn't it.  No one can prove a damn thing.  Especially in this of all possible worlds. LOL

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
The conspiracy theory
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 12:16:07 PM »
Sorry but while an interesting opening for a philosophical debate thats not an answer to his question. Why are all the world governments covering up the flat earth? Why? Either answer or shut the hell up but stop dodging the question
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
The conspiracy theory
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 08:06:31 PM »
Good question, becuse they can. I dont know the reason why I can only assume that if we knew it would not be in our interests.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
The conspiracy theory
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:10 PM »
That doesn't make sense. You should at least prove that the world's governments have a reason to set up this "conspiracy" before you go accusing them of this and that.

From what I can tell, you (by this I mean all flat-earthers) just needed to find a "reason" that no one believes in a flat earth. Government conspiracy just seemed like the only one you could think of.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
The conspiracy theory
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:56 PM »
That doesn't make sense. You should at least prove that the world's governments have a reason to set up this "conspiracy" before you go accusing them of this and that.

From what I can tell, you (by this I mean all flat-earthers) just needed to find a "reason" that no one believes in a flat earth. Government conspiracy just seemed like the only one you could think of.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

The conspiracy theory
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 05:24:55 PM »
I bet you work for the government pspunit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ts obvious isn't it.  No one can prove a damn thing.  Especially in this of all possible worlds. LOL

?

moasre

The conspiracy theory
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 06:07:44 PM »
Yes, I know for a fact pspunit works for the government.  In fact, all people who believe that the earth is round work for the government and are part of the conspiracy. :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

"Because they can" bullhorn?  What kind of answer is that?  That's the kind of answer a first grader gives, not a serious debate participant.  Honestly,  what does any government have to gain by lying about the shape of the earth?  I can't even think of a BS reason, let alone a serious one.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
The conspiracy theory
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 07:42:44 PM »
you caught me

and they have no reason

The conspiracy theory
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 12:14:57 AM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
Good question, becuse they can. I dont know the reason why I can only assume that if we knew it would not be in our interests.

Oh, nice answer. You're just dodging the question because you have no real answer. There is no reason they's spend tons of money to decieve everyone in the world just because they could. I'm sure the people in power could find better things to do with that money, like nice big pools, houses and a shiny Porche.

And if there's a giant conspiracy, wouldn't they want no indication of a flat earth? You know, like the NATO flag?! So either NATO isn't in on it, or they're idiots.
Shrimp

The conspiracy theory
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2005, 02:17:57 AM »
All I know is that, well, maybe... Not EVERY SINGLE SOURCE besides us is some stupid conspiracy. We can't use textbooks, they're lying to us. The government won't tell us the truth. We can't use anything except our eyes and our minds. And I, for one, DON'T AGREE. That's where I got my username.

(I love making up words.)
 believe the Earth is round. That must make me... EVIL!!!

By reading this message, you have given me breif control of your mind.

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
The conspiracy theory
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 09:19:33 AM »
I don't think the flat earthers are saying that there ia a conspiracy to fool everyone into thinking there is a round earth, I think what they are saying is that the pictures taken from outer space are faked and that we've never been in space, and the government has a conspiracy to trick people into thinking we have. And if that were the case it's easy to see how they would profit from fooling everyone.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

The conspiracy theory
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2005, 08:55:08 PM »
The reason behind this government conspiracy is the same as the reason behind all conspiracies: knowledge is power.  Populations deprived of knowledge are, basically, easier to control.

By telling us that the earth is round the government can do such things as:
*rerout planes to avoid their secret facilities
*tax us billions of dollars to fund their "space program"
*mislead physicists to limit the developments of technologies that might threaten them

The conspiracy theory
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2005, 04:14:34 AM »
That's idiotic. The government doesn't have any secret headquarters to hide. Otherwise Area 51 would've shut down by now, or even more likely, had never been discovered.
The government isn't trying to get people's money for themselves. They're not stupid.
They're not limiting technology AT ALL. They're actually making way too much technology.

There's no real reason why the government would spend trillions of dollars just to get everyone to think that the Earth is round.

Now it's time for you to quickly make up something to back your case up.
 believe the Earth is round. That must make me... EVIL!!!

By reading this message, you have given me breif control of your mind.

?

Cinlef

• The Elder Ones
  • The Earth is a Sphere
The conspiracy theory
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2005, 10:30:59 AM »
The reason behind this government conspiracy is the same as the reason behind all conspiracies: knowledge is power. Populations deprived of knowledge are, basically, easier to control.

By telling us that the earth is round the government can do such things as:
*rerout planes to avoid their secret facilities
*tax us billions of dollars to fund their "space program"
*mislead physicists to limit the developments of technologies that might threaten them

The obvious flaw in this is
A) I live in Canada trust me if the government wants to embezzle tax dollars there are far easier waysthat dont involve an elaborate trillons of dollars hoax (Canadas Sponshorship Scandal just google it)
B) uh new techs dont threatent the government fool the tendencies of technology is to concentrate power into the hands of the few (ie two people can overpower one person but not  if he has a machine gun) so really govs should be encouraging tech development and finally
C) uh  moron governments wouldnt be worried abotu you a harmless civillian finding thier secret bases they'd be afraid of a HOSTLIE FOREING POWER finding it which if all the earths govs are in on this conspiracy means it doesnt work for secret base concealment.
This would seem ot indicate this conspiracy is nonexistent as knwoing the shape of the Earth doewsnt empower me all that much. It's almost as if its not worth the trouble to conceal. MAYBE THATS WHY IT ISNT BEING CONCEALED YOU ILLOGICAL PARANOID FOOLS.
Cinlef
Truth is great and will prevail-Thomas Jefferson

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cinlef is the bestest!

Melior est sapientia quam vires-Wisdom

The conspiracy theory
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2005, 12:27:47 PM »
Besides, if they were only using the conspirocy to tax us for their space program then their probably spending it all on trying to cover up whatever BS you can think of. They'd be losing money.
efore making fun of someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then your a mile away and you have their shoes.