How We Can Disprove the "Flat-Earth" Theory

• 9 Replies
?

ikir

« on: July 19, 2005, 02:06:11 AM »
To disprove that earth is a flat disc, all the continents being on one plane, the only thing hindering our adility to see them being haze, we should simply take one of the many powerful telescopes we (by we, I mean round-earth believers, since those other guys don't think we can make such instruments..), align it horizontally, and try to look at China.  I don't think haze should be a problem...since we can already look at the moon and other planets down here on earth!  

Ok, obviously the point of this point is to say that if we tried that, we would fail miserably, because earth is round.  

Once again, by "we," I mean round-earth believers because flat-earth believers still use fire for light.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 03:33:17 PM »
No, they'd probably claim the telescopes were rigged or something. Another part of that massive government conspiracy. The only real solution I can see would be to send them up into space on a shuttle.

But then wouldn't they say it's a flight simulator or something?

No, because we'd put them in spacesuits and send them outside for a while.

This might not even work, maybe they'd claim that the government was beaming holograms into their heads (like the Matrix, I guess.) But maybe it would work.
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 03:38:53 PM »
Hmm, that would be a good idea but it wouldn't work, because they could just say the reason you can't see anything is because you are looking through so much atmosphere (which greatly affects seeing).
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 04:11:37 PM »
Here's a visual aid for flat earthers (I realize they'll say it's part of The Conspiracy)...

Download Google Earth at earth.google.com

Set the tilt to as far down as it will go and zoom way in to about 60 feet.

Now, zoom out...slowly, if necessary.  See how the earth goes from being "flat" to ROUND, but very gradually?  It's not so unlike real life.

BTW, if you get up to about 40,000 feet and click View > Full Screen, you can actually see a slight curve...just like from a plane.  Imagine that.  :wink:

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 08:00:24 PM »
Whoa Khatores is that u in the pic...........

uhh.........

please don't kill me  :shock:
 r dominate forum

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2005, 03:56:40 PM »
Quote from: "Brylian"
Whoa Khatores is that u in the pic...........

uhh.........

please don't kill me  :shock:

Nah...that's my psychotic friend.  lol

?

Scorpion

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 05:52:17 PM »
Flat earth people have too much time

So, flat earth people = nerds.

Miserable Flat-Earther:
 Im going to go kill myself, I have no friends, girls call me nerdy, I have no friends who are girls, the word 'girl' pops an image in my head of cooties, and my life sucks. I'm GOING TO JUMP OFF THE EDGE OF THE WORLD, AND NOBODY CAN STOP ME MWAHAHAH *falls down on the round earth* OMG I CANT SEE MY HOUSE FROM THIS HILL CAUSE OF ALL THE ATMOSHPERE ITS TEH CLOGGING MY VISION!!!!11

?

MmMmmBrains

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 06:44:19 PM »
Quote from: "Scorpion"
Flat earth people have too much time

So, flat earth people = nerds.

Miserable Flat-Earther:
 Im going to go kill myself, I have no friends, girls call me nerdy, I have no friends who are girls, the word 'girl' pops an image in my head of cooties, and my life sucks. I'm GOING TO JUMP OFF THE EDGE OF THE WORLD, AND NOBODY CAN STOP ME MWAHAHAH *falls down on the round earth* OMG I CANT SEE MY HOUSE FROM THIS HILL CAUSE OF ALL THE ATMOSHPERE ITS TEH CLOGGING MY VISION!!!!11

Who has no life? The 'flat earther' or the one talking shit about them in a forum?
Not to mention your name is 'Scorpion'. Can we get anymore cliche?

?

battlemonkey

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2005, 06:00:13 PM »
cliche? what about ur name? its present in just about every corny old zombie movie! and we rag on them coz they did exactly the same when the round earh theory was originally put forward!...... Jackass!

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2005, 06:00:32 PM »
I am a nerd...
But i am not a believer.
I have many friends who are girls
I have a severe absence of cooties
I haev friends
And i am not a suicidal dick

While I agree with you about the earth
Keep your fucking nerd cliches to yourself.
 hate you all... The world is a god damn icosahedron you bunch of flatearther bogans.