If earth is flat how can you not see the sun from everywhere on the earth

• 55 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Haha
How many simultaneuous battles can rab have with wise?
Where do I come into this ????
The last post I made on this thread was « Reply #23 on: February 10, 2019, 10:03:40 AM » and that wasn't to the wise one.
Should I feel left out ;D?

Whoops
I meant jackb.
Wise wrote jackinoz.
I had a brain fart.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Whoops
I meant jackb.
Wise wrote jackinoz.
I had a brain fart.
That's OK. Wise wouldn't know Arfa from Marfa and does his best to pass on his ignorance.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Whoops
I meant jackb.
Wise wrote jackinoz.
I had a brain fart.
That's OK. Wise wouldn't know Arfa from Marfa and does his best to pass on his ignorance.
Spamming with low content the thread is reported. I wonder what does your slave girlster will do. Your insultings and ctattering does not help your case.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Whoops
I meant jackb.
Wise wrote jackinoz.
I had a brain fart.
Spamming with low content the thread is reported. I wonder what does your slave girlster will do. Your insultings and ctattering does not help your case.
I've been warned :( and I'm sorry for insulting you, but I find your continual referring to jackinoz and JackBlack is an alt of rabinoz (or vice-versa) also demeaning and insulting.

So what about you ceasing such claims too - deal :)?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Whoops
I meant jackb.
Wise wrote jackinoz.
I had a brain fart.
I've been warned :( and I'm sorry for insulting you, but I find your continual referring to jackinoz and JackBlack is an alt of rabinoz (or vice-versa) also demeaning and insulting.

So what about you ceasing such claims too - deal :)?

I think this is not the issue. Can we return the topic?

The topic isn't why you are not give me up. If we respect each other then our problems will be solved. But you don't respect me at all and wait me to respect you. Look at the issue. All the issues are fulled with your anger about me. Whenever I write something to somewhere you/jack/oranotherclone starts to mention me by the words "bullshit, BS, baseless..." and till me give up to write anything you are doing it insistently. Why? What is your problem with me? Just give me up. John Davis, space cowgirl and many moderators have warned you to leave me alone but you are not listening it at all. This is not a gentlemen behaviour. But whenever I have decide to reply all your statements then you are starting to fight against me by using boydster's moderators powers.  "Hey wise! Stop to spamming!" Where is spamming but all the mentions and replies to statements?

I show respect who respects me. I've talked off the topic because I've replied your off the topic mention.

I've explained many times that sun's bending and angular function causes we see sunset or sunrising. Have you anything to talk about these arguments, other than motivating the boydster against me?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
I show respect who respects me. I've talked off the topic because I've replied your off the topic mention.

I've explained many times that sun's bending and angular function causes we see sunset or sunrising.
Where have you explained that? There is no way I can remember where everybody claims to explain everything.
And simply because you have "explained it many times" does not mean that your explanation is correct.

These forums are for discussing and debating explanations like that.

Macarios

People, don't be harsh on Wise.
Please.
He is putting big effort into this.
(Unlike some other Flat earthers.)
Instead of attacking him, try to help him increase his knowledge.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

JackBlack

I've explained many times that sun's bending and angular function causes we see sunset or sunrising. Have you anything to talk about these arguments, other than motivating the boydster against me?
No you haven't.
You have repeatedly asserted that light bending somehow does it but have failed to explain how.
Instead I have explained how the standard downwards refraction of light by the atmosphere makes objects appear higher.
This means it wont make the sun appear to set and instead make it harder for the sun to set.
Likewise it wont allow the sun to illuminate objects from below while the sun is above.

So if you want to talk about it start trying to explain how the light is bent upwards which is what is needed to make the sun appear to set and make objects get illuminated from below while the sun is above.

Macarios

Atmospheric refraction of the light from a star is zero in the zenith,
less than 1′ (one arc-minute) at 45° apparent altitude, and still only 5.3′ at 10° altitude;
it quickly increases as altitude decreases, reaching 9.9′ at 5° altitude, 18.4′ at 2° altitude,
and 35.4′ at the horizon;
all values are for 10 °C and 1013.25 hPa in the visible part of the spectrum.
(from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_refraction)

Obviously, this can't cover required 26.56 DEGREES required to see sunset at "6000 miles away" while Sun is still 3000 miles above the ground.

?

robintex

• Ranters
I may be missing something, but is the question at hand is something like this ? :
"If the earth is flat  how can you not see the sun from anywhere on earth at any time at any place on Earth ? ."
In other words " If the earth is flat how can you not see the sun for 24 hours every day whether you are in London or Honolulu  or any other place on Earth at morning, noon or night ? "

Obviously you can not do not do this which should be proof enough that the earth is not flat.

Also this question should  have  been proven enough times from  simply watching sunrise  and sunset  is proof enough that the earth is not flat.
 " The sun  appears to come from the East as a small dot at sunrise, gets bigger during the day and is biggest at noon, then gets
smaller the rest of the day until it becomes such a small dot in the west that it disappears and that's sunset. " , as the FE's would. say.
Just go outside your window sometimes and watch a sunrise and  sunset and observe how they really appear .
Sunrise and sunset are just two facts that prove the earth is not flat.....but there are so many other proofs that the earth is "round" or the globe that it really is.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 02:24:32 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
I am puting this image to here. Maybe works next a day.  :)

1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Macarios

As you can see, not even your "adaptation" places Sun to the horizon for sunset.
To see Sun for sunset look 5005 km lower than "it is" this way, Dome has to be 5005 km thick, which is all the way from Sun to ground.

JackBlack

That still doesn't help you explain sunsets.
The light is still coming downwards, and thus the sun still wouldn't be setting.
It should still be visible everywhere.

Considering you want to appeal to a dome so much, perhaps you can draw a diagram showing clearly where the dome is in relation to the entire FE, what shape the dome is and where the sun is in relation to all this. And how thick the dome is.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist

As you can see, not even your "adaptation" places Sun to the horizon for sunset.
To see Sun for sunset look 5005 km lower than "it is" this way, Dome has to be 5005 km thick, which is all the way from Sun to ground.

We are not talking about horizon. I see you are insisting to do wrong. Whats happened your theory of learning? This image was for show sun appears under real sun , not above it. here you can see the sun setting because the dome is inclined. I did not elaborate for that purpose. Look, you object to such a simple form. then what is your difference from image handicapped
jackblack?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

We are not talking about horizon.
Yes, this topic is technically why you can't see the sun from everywhere.
However that intrinsically ties into sunrise and sunset, where the sun is obstructed by the horizon.

Your image does not explain either (and relies upon pure fantasy), as I already pointed out.

Like I said, if you want to try and use this to address the topic you will need to provide far more details about your dome and FE model in general.
What is the shape of your dome? What is its thickness?
What is its refractive index? Where is the sun in relation to the dome?

Macarios

You are talking about horizon.
You are trying to make people think that Sun gets lower than it is (closer to horizon) while in reality it is the other way around.
Real light bends down when enters the atmosphere, like in the original image, adding some "dome" will not make it bend up in reality, only in your wishes.

How thick your "dome" is supposed to be?
How high above the sea level?

?

robintex

• Ranters

You are trying to make people think that Sun gets lower than it is (closer to horizon) while in reality it is the other way around.
Real light bends down when enters the atmosphere, like in the original image, adding some "dome" will not make it bend up in reality, only in your wishes.

How thick your "dome" is supposed to be?
How high above the sea level?

We keep asking these questions but get no answers.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist

This is not the wish. This is according to flat earth model. All real FE models include dome and I've explained what dome causes.

Now you are talking opposite arguments depend on baseless. Because topic is already about light can not break to cause we see the sun under its real position. But I've proved it is so. Now you've turned the flat earth dome's being dream. If it was a dreaming so why are you here, to share my dreams?

Grow up man. Grow up and agree flat earth dome causes we see sun under it. Grow up, be an adult and stop to behave a rabblack. Teach moar! Only teaching makes you more adult.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

All real FE models include dome and I've explained what dome causes.
There are plenty of FE models without a dome, and they have no less claim to be real than yours.
You haven't really explained anything about the dome. Instead you have just asserted a few things and claimed it can magically solve all the problems.

Because topic is already about light can not break to cause we see the sun under its real position.
No. It is about why you can't see the sun at any time.
Even at midnight, the common FE models have the sun remain well above Earth at all time.
Even with a dome, you should still be able to see the sun.

Now how about you address the questions that have been asked about your dome?
How large is it?
How thick is it?
What is it made of?
Where is it in relation to Earth and the sun.

Macarios

Grow up man. Grow up and agree flat earth dome causes we see sun under it.

Speaking of "growing up", where is consistency in your claims?

Sometimes is Sun above the dome, sometimes is sun under it.

You are twisting parameters towards your wishes, and reality is "not important" to you at all.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Grow up man. Grow up and agree flat earth dome causes we see sun under it.

Speaking of "growing up", where is consistency in your claims?

Sometimes is Sun above the dome, sometimes is sun under it.

You are twisting parameters towards your wishes, and reality is "not important" to you at all.

Reality what I say. You see sun stays underreal position of itself, not the dome. Your being unable to understand is your problem. Stop to drama and provide opposite arguments.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Macarios

Reality what I say.

Nope. Reaity is what we see around us, not what you are trying to say. :)

You see sun stays underreal position of itself, not the dome. Your being unable to understand is your problem.

Oh, we all understand it much better than you would like it. :)

Stop to drama and provide opposite arguments.

Opposite to what?
Opposite to what you said few days ago, or to what you say today?
And nobody knows what will you say tomorrow. :)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
It is your reality. And the other one is my reality. Reality in my opinion what I say. Your denying my reality can not change my reality.
You seem a bunch of random guys.
Opposite to what?
Don not you read my writings?
Did you see me mention what I said past days althought there is a recent issue?
Nope. God knows. Like everytime you are a liar again. Stop to be front ot Devil and try to God's front.  :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Macarios

It is your reality. And the other one is my reality. Reality in my opinion what I say. Your denying my reality can not change my reality.
Opposite to what?
Nope. God knows. Like everytime you are a liar again. Stop to be front ot Devil and try to God's front.  :)

Ok, if God knows, how can we ask him? :)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Opposite to what?

Ok, if God knows, how can we ask him? :)

You can learn these methods from your clergy. There is no guarantee that he will answer when you ask questions. Because he has irresponsibility. make sure that judge in this court gives you the right to ask questions before asking the judge.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1