The mysteries of calculus

• 9 Replies
The mysteries of calculus
« on: February 04, 2019, 11:59:53 AM »
To prove the earth is flat we will have to incorporate Calculus in the flat earth theory. My question would be how would we will prove the earth is flat using Calculus? That way we can prove to these troglodyte that the earth is flat using math.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: The mysteries of calculus
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 04:07:06 PM »
Could go for a wave equation governing the behaviour of aether. One guy did that before. Not wholly convinced they were serious, but they did it.

Why calculus specifically? Metric spaces you can do more with, with non-Euclidean spaces. Group theory's more fun. Tensors if you really want to be impressive.

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
  • You keep using that word.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 04:39:20 PM »
Calculus is the most advanced math most middle and high schoolers know of. That's why.
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 04:43:11 PM »
Calculus is the most advanced math most middle and high schoolers know of. That's why.
Are you implying that the OP is just another bored trolling high schooler?  :o
Shocking.

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
  • You keep using that word.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 04:55:50 PM »
Are you implying that the OP is just another bored trolling high schooler?  :o
Shocking.

I would never! ;)
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 06:07:28 PM »
<<<Wikipedia Copy/Paste Trigger Warning- This Comment May Be Unsuitable For Sensitive Readers>>>

Alternatively, it may be something to do with this:

The product rule and chain rule, the notions of higher derivatives and Taylor series, and of analytic functions[citation needed] were introduced by Isaac Newton in an idiosyncratic notation which he used to solve problems of mathematical physics. In his works, Newton rephrased his ideas to suit the mathematical idiom of the time, replacing calculations with infinitesimals by equivalent geometrical arguments which were considered beyond reproach. He used the methods of calculus to solve the problem of planetary motion, the shape of the surface of a rotating fluid, the oblateness of the earth, the motion of a weight sliding on a cycloid, and many other problems discussed in his Principia Mathematica (1687).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calculus

(My emphasis)

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 07:09:56 PM »
Calculus cannot work for calculating arc shaped objects.

Try this at home:

« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:43:31 PM by Danang »
TRY: Phew = 3.17157 (for 1D) and (Curved Grided) South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map and Downwards Universal Deceleration (DUD).

Phew's Silicon Valley : https://gwebanget.home.blog/

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 07:15:05 PM »
There might be some mistypings, but I hope everyone understands the clue of those explanations.  8)
TRY: Phew = 3.17157 (for 1D) and (Curved Grided) South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map and Downwards Universal Deceleration (DUD).

Phew's Silicon Valley : https://gwebanget.home.blog/

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 04:13:35 AM »
To prove the earth is flat we will have to incorporate Calculus in the flat earth theory. My question would be how would we will prove the earth is flat using Calculus? That way we can prove to these troglodyte that the earth is flat using math.

Mathematics is only as good as the fundamental assumptions from which one is calculating or extrapolating.   

People observe and draw inference.  One can't really observe first hand the nature of the world on which we live so we must do tests and draw inference.  Supposedly NASA has sent people into space to observe directly but are NASA and all the other space agencies in the world honest?   

Ecclesiastes 2:15

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2019, 01:28:35 PM »
Supposedly NASA has sent people into space to observe directly but are NASA and all the other space agencies in the world honest?

Do you have any examples of them lying?