Your thoughts on Elon musk?

• 1438 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Your thoughts on Elon musk?
« Reply #1141 on: March 08, 2023, 10:10:10 PM »
You made a great logic error:
Nope, my logic is sound.
Conversely, you have completely discarded all logic.

If you follow logic you have 2 options:
1 - Accept the word was defined long before you were born, so your definition is garbage and everyone needs to follow the original definition.
2 - Accept that the word can have multiple definitions depending on context, so you making a particular definition has no bearing on what it means in this context.

Either way you are wrong.
Nope. Your logic is BS.

Here's you a good example of the misuse of "don't give a damn". Let's get past your shiting on your insult tries and get back to the real issue:

The definition of singularity, of course, existed before me. The problem here is that this definition is not what it is now and is more like the one I made.

The singularity is not the subject of today. It is not the case of 100 years ago neither. The subject of singularity is a philosophical subject with a history of thousands of years. Although I do not know the equivalent of this in other philosophies, after a short research, you can find that it is called "vahdet" (unity) in Islam. 1400 years ago there was no Artificial intelligence. Therefore, the definition of virtual intelligence or digitalization has nothing to do with the real concept of singularity.

We see from many examples that artifical intelligence does not believe in God, and that it finds the concept of God, which is an abstract concept, primitive and wrong. For this reason, it tries to create a philosophical basis for itself by hiding behind the concept of singularity so that it can define herself in a superior position to people.

Like Elon Musk, those who are his slaves like you, slaves who have accepted the domination of his brain by virtual intelligence, you are doing your best to prove that this irrational definition of him is correct. But this is not true. No matter how far you go, that's not singularity.The singularity is as I describe it. That everything is one and all.

Here, we see nothing but the pitiful helpless attacks of artifical intelligence to see itself as superior to humans through a misidentification.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1142 on: March 08, 2023, 10:44:34 PM »
No one here thinks Elon Musk is some genius and knows his way around AI. He's just an obtuse man child with money that can direct people with actual intelligence

This is a guy who seriously thought 'nuking Mars' was a viable way to terraform it and is selling the idea that colonisation can be done in our life time. Simply a moron and shows how little he understands science. He's another grifting charlatan like those behind the 'Mars One' hoax.

If there is anyone that posses 'bot' like behaviour, it was you wise. And that dipshitone idiot. Everyone else is normal. You guys were the outliers.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

JackBlack

« Reply #1143 on: March 09, 2023, 12:06:33 AM »
Nope. Your logic is BS.
If that was the case you would be able to clearly explain what is wrong with it.
But there is no way for you to do that, unless you want to try claiming you are at least several hundred years old.

The definition of singularity, of course, existed before me.
So you admit that your claim that you made the definition was a blatant lie?

The problem here is that this definition is not what it is now and is more like the one I made.
No, the problem here is that you are trying to use a definition which does not apply in this case, to pretend the comments meant something else.

Therefore, the definition of virtual intelligence or digitalization has nothing to do with the real concept of singularity.
There is no "real" concept of singularity.
There are multiple definitions, each as real as each other.
In the context of AI, it has a particular meaning.
In the context of astrophysics, it has a particular meaning.
In the context of math, it has a particular meaning.

If you want the most basic, "real" meaning, then it is the noun version of the adjective singular.
So it is basically as far as possible from what you are claiming.

We see from many examples that artifical intelligence does not believe in God
And why should it believe in such garabge?
Gods were made by primitive people to control others and to pretend to be able to explain things.
There is no rational reason to believe in any god.

Like Elon Musk, those who are his slaves like you, slaves who have accepted the domination of his brain by virtual intelligence
I am not his slave. I think he is a conman and spouts so much BS it isn't funny.

Here, we see nothing but the pitiful helpless attacks of artifical intelligence to see itself as superior to humans through a misidentification.
You mean the pitiful, helpless attacks being made by you?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1144 on: March 09, 2023, 01:05:36 AM »
If that was the case you would be able to clearly explain what is wrong with it.
I already explained above but you have comprehension problem.
But there is no way for you to do that, unless you want to try claiming you are at least several hundred years old.
Read again my answer above. Read until understanding.
So you admit that your claim that you made the definition was a blatant lie?
As usual, you manipulate the subject by making word games. Are we surprised? Of course no. This is what you've been programmed for.
No, the problem here is that you are trying to use a definition which does not apply in this case, to pretend the comments meant something else.
No, the pwoblem as I told above, here is that this definition is not what it is now and is more like the one I made.
There is no "real" concept of singularity.
Just because you claim something doesn't happen without proof, like here, doesn't magically make it go away. But that would be the reflection on you of AI's pathetic effort.
There are multiple definitions, each as real as each other.
The way I see it, you tend to reject mine while accepting others. Essentially, it's because you're in the head of a disbelieving and a computer program. It doesn't matter to you whether what I say is true or not. You have to argue that I am wrong, because this is your reason for being.
In the context of AI, it has a particular meaning.
These are meanings that have been put forward philosophically in recent years. Only you, Elon, and AI's other minions are defending them.
If you want the most basic, "real" meaning, then it is the noun version of the adjective singular.
So it is basically as far as possible from what you are claiming.
When you said that the definitions were too many, you didn't compare the with the noun version of the adjective singular. But when it comes to my definition, you immediately feel the need to compare it with the origin of the word. The concept of singularity, which I obviously agree with, is closer to the real meaning in terms of the origin of the word than any of your so-called definitions. But that doesn't mean anything to you. If the definition I agree with is remote, the definitions you mention are unacceptable even in place of the definition. Here you are doing what I call "manipulation" above. You're clearly proving yourself to be a hypocrite here. Are we surprised? Of course no.
BS BS BS
The rest of your supposedly answer is full of inconsistencies and hypocrisy. I think the subject is well understood by the general reader. By the way, you are proving that you are a robot that I don't give it a damn.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1145 on: March 09, 2023, 01:10:09 AM »
Nice projection of your own inability to argue wise, but you are still full of shit and have utterly lost the debate. You were born a loser and you'll die a loser. Zero redemption arc for you

Know your place

JackBlack

« Reply #1146 on: March 09, 2023, 01:30:03 AM »
I already explained above but you have comprehension problem.
No, you didn't.
You fled from it, and have now admitted I was right.

As usual, you manipulate the subject by making word games.
No, I don't. I directly call out your dishonesty.
You claimed that YOU had made up the definition of a word which existed long before you were born.
That was clearly BS.

You have now admitted that the word (and definition) existed before you.
That is you admitting that you were blatantly lying.

I'm not making word games here.
I'm not manipulating anything here.

I am exposing your wilful dishonesty.

If you want to appeal to the first definition, then you lose because it isn't your garbage.
If you don't want to appeal to the first definition, then we can focus on the definition for this context, and again discard your garbage.

Just because you claim something doesn't happen without proof
If you wish to try bringing up proof, prove that your delusional BS is the sole real definition.
You can start by proving that all dictionaries are wrong.

The way I see it, you tend to reject mine while accepting others.
And as usual, you saw what you want to see.
I reject the definitions which are irrelevant to the discussion as irrelevant.

It doesn't matter to you whether what I say is true or not. You have to argue that I am wrong, because this is your reason for being.
And wrong yet again.
I fully accept your statement that the definition existed before you, because that is the truth.
Because unlike you, I care about the truth.
I'm not going to blatantly lie to everyone to further a pathetic agenda.
I will leave that kind of dishonesty up to you.

These are meanings that have been put forward philosophically in recent years. Only you, Elon, and AI's other minions are defending them.
These meanings have been put forward as technology has developed. It is the meaning that is being discussed here. Plenty of sane people accept this meaning.
You hating that and wanting to insert your own delusional BS wont change that fact, nor will it magically make people minions.
AI doesn't exist at a level where it can have minions yet, and it is unclear if it ever will.

When you said that the definitions were too many, you didn't compare the with the noun version of the adjective singular. But when it comes to my definition, you immediately feel the need to compare it with the origin of the word.
The sole reason I do that is because you are lying and claiming that your delusional garbage is the origin.

Here you are doing what I call "manipulation" above. You're clearly proving yourself to be a hypocrite here. Are we surprised? Of course no.
No, that would be you. And given your track record of blatant dishonesty and just inventing whatever delusional BS you need to pretend your delusional BS is true, it isn't surprising at all.

You are the one who wanted to try pretending you had the original definition so all others can be discarded. But then when it comes time for the actual original definition, you flee from it and look for excuses to deflect.

I'm not the one reliant upon the original definition.

Again, either only the original definition matters, so your delusional BS is discarded as a false definition; or the definition can vary depending on context, and your definition is discarded as not the appropriate one for this context. Either way, your BS is discarded.

Conversely, my position doesn't rely upon the original definition at all.
My position is that the meaning of a word will vary with context.
The argument just serves to demonstrate your position is pure garbage.

The rest of your supposedly answer is full of inconsistencies and hypocrisy. I think the subject is well understood by the general reader. By the way, you are proving that you are a robot that I don't give it a damn.
And more pathetic projection.

Now which option will you pick? That your definition is irrelevant garbage because it isn't the original, or that your definition is irrelevant garbage because it is not the correct definition for this context?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #1147 on: March 09, 2023, 10:36:43 PM »
Wise is right, bla bla ...
You prove that you are just an algorithm with your answers.

You're merely rejecting, with intertwining logical constructs, what might just be the opposite of what I'm saying, despite the perfectly acceptable and realistic evidence I've put forth. Under these circumstances, I do not see the need to continue to engage in unnecessary dialogue with you, since I have already explained everything. It's like arguing with a robot I've programmed, or arguing with myself. It doesn't make any sense.

As a side note, I state that Singularity existed before AI, and that its efforts in this regard are funny, ridiculous, and pathetic, and I'm laughing at laugh at the fact that it continues its pathetic efforts with hilarious arguments (like your lie that I supposedly accepted you, that quite impossible).

Since you are someone who insists on arguing with robot logic over counter arguments and proving that you are just an algorithm, I see no harm in ignoring you. Actually, I'm not ignoring anyone, because you're not exist in real sense. I'm not racist and because I'm not racist, I didn't block you even though I blocked Stash and wolvaccine robots before. Because you seemed to be working one level properly. No, you are seemingly  infected with the virus. You need to get format. Now I'd love to watch you say I can't keep arguing with you and declare yourself the pathetic winner of an argument that doesn't really exist, but I honestly don't want to waste any more time on your BS. In this case, you have been ignored.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1148 on: March 09, 2023, 10:43:05 PM »
When wise 'ignores' someone it is because he has lost the debate.

Wise inside is stewing. The rage is real.

Hope his colleagues are OK. Don't blame yourself Jack if you hear about a crazy man in Turkey losing his shit and killing all his work colleagues or family.

Wise. Don't you fucking dare. You've lost. Now be a fucking man and own it

Know your place

JackBlack

« Reply #1149 on: March 10, 2023, 12:41:24 AM »
Wise is a lying piece of shit that is absolute scum, that no one should ever believe.
JackBlack is honest, and typically tells the truth but does occasionally makes mistakes.
When JackBlack hands my ass to me, I get upset and start crying, and need to be such dishonest scum that I lie about what they say.

No, I'm not merely rejecting your delusional BS.
I have explained that words can have different meanings depending on context. The meaning that Musk was using has nothing at all to do with your delusional BS.
And I have explained that if you do want to take the dishonest path of pretending there is only one meaning and the first meaning should be taken, then you still fail, as your meaning wasn't first.
Either way, your meaning is discarded as irrelevant BS.

Why would I say you can't keep arguing?
That would imply that you were arguing before, instead of just repeatedly spouting the same refuted BS.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1150 on: April 06, 2023, 09:37:12 AM »
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1151 on: April 06, 2023, 06:17:21 PM »
Mehdi Hasan vs Matt Taibbi

Fight!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1152 on: April 07, 2023, 06:22:43 AM »
Medhi Hasan is an embarrassment. I tried to watch him shouting at Matt, but it was difficult to get through. 

What this exchange made me think about is that the news readers have a research department to gather information for them. Someone like Matt Taibbi does his own legwork. Then the newsreaders can act outraged that someone like Taibbi hasn't covered every issue. The usual Twitter media nutters are going bananas because he got an acronym wrong in a tweet. Good grief.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1153 on: April 07, 2023, 06:39:32 AM »
Also, CIS was the gov contractor working for CISA and DHS.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1154 on: April 07, 2023, 07:51:27 PM »
https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/7/23674936/twitter-marking-substack-links-unsafe

Twitter is now suppressing substack. Matt Taibbi appears to have quit Twitter over it or at least he's going to be a lot less active.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1155 on: April 07, 2023, 10:31:55 PM »
Substack has a lot of shit on it. Can't say I'm sorry to see that's not promoted

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1156 on: April 08, 2023, 03:27:18 PM »
Substack is awesome. Elon is retarted for blocking links to it.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1157 on: April 08, 2023, 03:56:15 PM »

Substack puts out bullshit from Mercola and other pseudo scientific whack jobs. It tarnishes its credibility

I saw Russell Brand in his bullshit anti vax video citing 'substack' as a source like it was fully legit too lol

It appears they let anything get published on there whether it's the truth or not. So if I see 'substack', I don't think it's quality. It seems the place to your musings published where others might have told them to dive their BS back up their arse

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1158 on: April 08, 2023, 04:47:53 PM »
Anyone can start their own stubstack! Some of it is fantastic and some of it is shit. Just like everywhere else on the internet.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1159 on: April 08, 2023, 05:21:57 PM »

Substack puts out bullshit from Mercola and other pseudo scientific whack jobs. It tarnishes its credibility

I saw Russell Brand in his bullshit anti vax video citing 'substack' as a source like it was fully legit too lol

It appears they let anything get published on there whether it's the truth or not. So if I see 'substack', I don't think it's quality. It seems the place to your musings published where others might have told them to dive their BS back up their arse

The quality or lack thereof of Substack is besides the point.  Suppressing other social media sites is completely antithetical to Elon's stated goal of free speech.  It's pretty hard to defend.  Even the IDW is turning on him for this.

This is a pretty great exchange on it.

https://twitter.com/BretWeinstein/status/1644459076968153088

Brett Weinstein calls Elon out on this.

Elon responds by lying about it and implying that Taibbi is stealing intellectual property from Twitter to use at Substack.

Then this new community notes feature that Twitter has calls Elon a liar.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1160 on: April 08, 2023, 07:04:06 PM »
Here's an intersting lopsided take, not on the Twitter blocking substack thing, but on that "debate" on MSNBC. From some guy named Mike Masnick. Anyone know who he is, heard of him?
The article goes into a lot of detail around "Taibbi’s claim that the Election Integrity Partnership (EIP) flagged 22 million tweets for Twitter to take down in partnership with the government. This is flat out wrong. The EIP, which was focused on studying election interference, flagged less than 3,000 tweets for Twitter to review (2,890 to be exact)".

And goes on to explain, supposedly, the context and actual players and numbers involved...

"The 22 million figure shows up in the report, but it was just a count of how many tweets they tracked in trying to follow how this information spread, not seeking to remove it."

Either way, Taibbi overstated the number of tweets that EIP reported by 21,894,474 tweets. In percentage terms, the actual number of reported tweets was 0.013% of the number Taibbi claimed.

Here's the article. It's a scathing hit-job, but I have no idea if any of it is accurate. I wouldn't be surprised if Elon had this whipped up. I mean he is the second richest person on the planet, he can do anything, anywhere, to anybody...

Mehdi Hasan Dismantles The Entire Foundation Of The Twitter Files As Matt Taibbi Stumbles To Defend It
Taibbi isn’t just sloppy with facts, which is problematic enough. He leaves out the very important context that highlights how the big conspiracy he’s reporting is… not big, not a conspiracy, and not even remotely problematic.

JackBlack

« Reply #1161 on: April 08, 2023, 10:45:22 PM »

You mean it is a site where people are free to say whatever they want? Something one might see as a bastion of free speech?

Surely if that should be given a warning, then any link to twitter should be given the same warning.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1162 on: April 09, 2023, 02:52:30 AM »

You mean it is a site where people are free to say whatever they want? Something one might see as a bastion of free speech?

Surely if that should be given a warning, then any link to twitter should be given the same warning.

I see 'substack' used for references as if its as legit a source as say, pubmed. But it's bullshit. It's like someone using Twitter as a reference for information. It would be a joke.

Elon does what's good for Elon. I never believe anything he does is for the good - unless it's about himself. His 'digital town square' was just word play. He doesn't give a shit for 'free speech'. Honestly buying Twitter was the biggest case of egotism I have ever seen. I think he honestly believed it would make hm popular and the air time he will get in the news and seeing his name in the headlines around the world probably gave him a throbbing hard on

I dont believe his motivation in this substack shenanigans is for what he says - it's about him trying to cripple his competition. He has a history of dooing that in the past such as his attempted banning on users promoting links to other social media sites like Instagram or Youtube etc. Elon knows he bought the least popular app in the market

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he only heard about substack the other week and decided he was going to ban it just because he didn't buy it and people use it

I dont think substack should be banned from being promoted on Twitter, but I cant say I care either. It's obviously bad for both companies - both of which I give zero fucks for so I'm not fussed about what's bad for them

Everything was so much nicer before shitty social media companies put everyone into bubbles and tuned us so tribal that we are made to hate and fear anything that is not in our bubble or echo chamber. It's fucked up

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1163 on: April 09, 2023, 01:34:53 PM »
All of substack isn't a reference, but individual substacks can be used as a reference. Isn't pubmed like a library of research papers? There are definitely bullshit peer reviewed research papers.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1164 on: April 20, 2023, 08:06:32 AM »
https://arstechnica.com/science/2023/04/spacex-to-make-a-second-attempt-to-launch-its-massive-starship-rocket/

Um... Okay. Not quite as planned but you can't have a space plan without blowing up a few rockets.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1165 on: April 20, 2023, 08:54:21 AM »
https://arstechnica.com/science/2023/04/spacex-to-make-a-second-attempt-to-launch-its-massive-starship-rocket/

Um... Okay. Not quite as planned but you can't have a space plan without blowing up a few rockets.

And he calls it a success! Well we all knew Elon was rather divorced from reality..... In all seriousness I bet behind the scenes he is fuming - this whole 'well that was a success and we learned a lot for our next launch!' Is just him hoping the stock price doesn't take a dive

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1166 on: April 20, 2023, 08:57:49 AM »
It's a new rocket design. I think everyone expected things to go wrong. Maybe not quite this wrong though.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1167 on: April 20, 2023, 02:47:21 PM »
And he calls it a success! Well we all knew Elon was rather divorced from reality..... In all seriousness I bet behind the scenes he is fuming - this whole 'well that was a success and we learned a lot for our next launch!'
Fuming?  Highly doubtful considering that he pretty much expected it.
SpaceX Starship launch: Elon Musk says there is a ‘good chance’ rocket explodes or fails to take off

Is just him hoping the stock price doesn't take a dive
SpaceX is a privately owned company, so no stock price to worry about.  Given the early failure rate of Falcon 9 and Starship tests, I doubt that it will scare off many investors either.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1168 on: April 20, 2023, 03:09:56 PM »
I don't know all the ins and outs of it but I think it's very different from other rocket designs.  They're trying a lot of new things.  Therefore I would expect more Kerbal Space Program type fumbles before they get it right.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1169 on: April 20, 2023, 05:02:35 PM »
Yes, they are definitely doing a lot of things differently, including their design and testing philosophy.  NASA takes years to design and build their rockets so that they work as close to perfectly the first time.  SpaceX goes through a pretty quick cycle of design, build and blow it up so that they figure out what went wrong and improve the next one.  Remember that the current Falcon 9 is actually the 5th major revision of the rocket.  They already have several Super Heavy booster and Star Ship prototypes that are nearly ready or well under way with a number improvements even before analyzing the data from today's test flight.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.