Your thoughts on Elon musk?

• 1459 Replies

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: Your thoughts on Elon musk?
« Reply #390 on: August 05, 2022, 08:38:26 AM »
On 16 June 1963, Soviet cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova became the first woman to travel into space. We all loved her. She was young and beautiful then and still alive today. But she never traveled in space. It was fake news!
I was 2 in 1963.  I didn't love her.  She was not young and beautiful to me.
I understand, life through your lens is distorted by dementia, general malaise
and lack of basic cognitive skills. 

I would still enjoy spending a day with you.  I feel it would be fascinating. 
I would even be willing to sign a NDA and NSA.
Thanks, but I prefer a date with Valentina Tereshkova.

What happened to your offer for anyone to come over to your office for a chat?
It still stands. My full style is at my website. No mask or vaxx pass is required.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #391 on: August 07, 2022, 11:35:53 PM »
On 16 June 1963, Soviet cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova became the first woman to travel into space. We all loved her. She was young and beautiful then and still alive today. But she never traveled in space. It was fake news!
His source . . . none.

If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Heiwa

« Reply #392 on: August 08, 2022, 10:18:02 PM »
His source . . . none.
Just google ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_Tereshkova . There is no evidence that Valentina was in space 16 June 1963 except some info from Tass and Pravda known for being truthful.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #393 on: August 08, 2022, 11:47:57 PM »
His source . . . none.
Just google ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_Tereshkova . There is no evidence that Valentina was in space 16 June 1963 except some info from Tass and Pravda known for being truthful.

Just google ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coulombi_Egg_Tanker . There is no evidence that a Coulombi Egg Tanker was ever built except for some info from a lone conspiracy theorist.

The United States Coast Guard does not allow this design to enter US waters, effectively preventing it from being built.[1]

Heiwa

« Reply #394 on: August 09, 2022, 10:36:07 AM »
His source . . . none.

Just google ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coulombi_Egg_Tanker . There is no evidence that a Coulombi Egg Tanker was ever built except for some info from a lone conspiracy theorist.

The United States Coast Guard does not allow this design to enter US waters, effectively preventing it from being built.[1]

Thanks for the link. Yes, the Coulombi Egg tanker design was approved by the United Nation's  IMO September 1997 and anyone could build it by paying a fee to me holding the patents. The patents are now expired and anyone can use the concept. I explain the full story at my website.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 10:40:43 AM by Heiwa »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #395 on: August 09, 2022, 10:45:41 AM »
His source . . . none.

Thanks for the link. Yes, the Coulombi Egg tanker design was approved by the United Nation's  IMO September 1997 and anyone could build it by paying a fee to me holding the patents. The patents are now expired and anyone can use the concept. I explain the full story at my website.

Am I missing something? We have a thread exactly about the shitty and failed and never built Coulombi Egg tanker. This thread is about how much of a dickhead Elon Musk is. So how about we talk shitty Coulombi Egg tankers in its dedicated thread, and talk about what a dick Elon is, in this thread

Does that seem fair? YOU Heiwa, can spam your shitty tanker design all you want in that thread. Leave this thread for people to spam how shitty Elon is

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Heiwa

« Reply #396 on: August 09, 2022, 10:16:21 PM »
His source . . . none.

Am I missing something? We have a thread exactly about the shitty and failed and never built Coulombi Egg tanker. This thread is about how much of a dickhead Elon Musk is. So how about we talk shitty Coulombi Egg tankers in its dedicated thread, and talk about what a dick Elon is, in this thread

Does that seem fair? YOU Heiwa, can spam your shitty tanker design all you want in that thread. Leave this thread for people to spam how shitty Elon is
I agree that Elon Musk is an American fraud kept alive by US MSM. It has some similarities with the US treatment of the CE tanker.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #397 on: August 09, 2022, 11:04:25 PM »
I agree that Elon Musk is an American fraud kept alive by US MSM. It has some similarities with the US treatment of the CE tanker.

Zero similarities.

Heiwa

« Reply #398 on: August 10, 2022, 04:50:59 AM »

Zero similarities.
No, Musk is a fraud today like the USCG admiral that suddenly outlawed the CE tanker . I am happy not to live in USA

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #399 on: August 10, 2022, 06:13:30 AM »
I See over 100 sources there. I see nothing from you.

but here https://zoharesque.blogspot.com/2022/06/valentina-tereshkova-and-double.html this is a surprisingly fitting source for you

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #400 on: August 10, 2022, 06:15:26 AM »
I am happy not to live in USA

You and me both!

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE

Know your place

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #403 on: October 04, 2022, 02:46:58 AM »
He sounds like someone that had no idea the war was happening until now, and just gave his quick "solution".
I recognise his opinions from my Father though.

Its war = bad
How do you solve this without the war.

Problem is, the cats already out of the bag, its too late to talk about the non-war solutions.

« Reply #404 on: October 05, 2022, 06:53:44 AM »
He sounds like someone that had no idea the war was happening until now, and just gave his quick "solution".
After a bottle of wine while sat on the shitter.

He can fuck right off.
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #405 on: October 05, 2022, 07:12:34 AM »
The lefty too online journalists are melting down about Elon buying Twitter again.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #406 on: October 05, 2022, 08:14:24 AM »
Aged like milk.

So instead of losing the court case and paying twitter compensation, he's gonna buy the company  ;D

I've done some stupid things to avoid embarrassment, but they didn't cost $44B

Now he's free to champion freedum of speech, put the neo-nazis back on, watch the advertisers walk away and see the value of his investment crater.

Good luck with that Mr Musk.
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #407 on: October 05, 2022, 08:47:48 AM »
The interesting thing is there's this trial scheduled for this month to force Elon to pay up.  Elon agreeing to go ahead and buy it should make the trial unnecessary.  But Twitter doesn't trust Elon, which is quite understandable.  So the trial is still set to go on.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #408 on: October 05, 2022, 09:02:27 AM »
Twitter barely makes any money, I don't think Elon is worried about advertisers walking away.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #409 on: October 05, 2022, 10:00:39 AM »
Twitter barely makes any money, I don't think Elon is worried about advertisers walking away.
You must be kidding?!?  He's buying it at head of a consortium on investors, who will very much be interested in making a profit.  It is also highly leveraged, stacking up loads of debt.  I'd love to hear the conversation with Morgan Stanley (who are putting billions in) where Musk explains "he's not worried about advertisers".   :o

Anyway, there is a world of difference from "hardly making any money" to "losing a fortune".  Not even St Elon can afford a $44B plaything which he can run into the ground, even when a significant proportion is other people's money.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #410 on: October 05, 2022, 10:26:32 AM »
It's simple.  He'll replace the entire staff of twitter with Teslabots.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #411 on: October 05, 2022, 10:37:31 AM »
You must be kidding?!?  He's buying it at head of a consortium on investors, who will very much be interested in making a profit.  It is also highly leveraged, stacking up loads of debt.  I'd love to hear the conversation with Morgan Stanley (who are putting billions in) where Musk explains "he's not worried about advertisers".   :o

Anyway, there is a world of difference from "hardly making any money" to "losing a fortune".  Not even St Elon can afford a $44B plaything which he can run into the ground, even when a significant proportion is other people's money.
Twitter will absolutely have to make money. Elon cant run a sinking ship for ever.

But I dont think advertisers will run away at all. Social media is made up of 1% very loud voices that complain about everything and 99% users that dont care. So for every 1 person complaining, you have 99 people who literally could not give a rats ass about what ever issue, and they are the target for advertisers.

And considering that the most innovating thing twitter has done over the last 5 years is think about adding an edit button, not actually do it yet. I dont think it will be too hard to improve the place. Its a hell hole as it is.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #412 on: October 05, 2022, 10:42:35 AM »
Regarding advertisers I would consider Youtube as a cautionary tale.  Content producers there have to go to obnoxious amounts of self censorship to avoid getting demonetized. 

I could definitely see advertisers pulling out if twitter becomes viewed as something like stormfront.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #413 on: October 05, 2022, 11:01:34 AM »
Advertisers are ruthless. Facebook is one of the most miserable companies on earth, but it wont stop advertisers. YouTube is not struggling to find advertisers https://www.businessofapps.com/data/youtube-statistics/
If there are people using the app, they will be there.

I hate youtube as it currently is BECAUSE of advertisers. I can only watch it through rhe firefox app on my phone to avoid 15 sec of advertising for every clip I want to watch. So If twitter eats some of YouTubes lunch, I will only be happy

« Reply #414 on: October 05, 2022, 11:13:57 AM »
But I dont think advertisers will run away at all. Social media is made up of 1% very loud voices that complain about everything and 99% users that dont care. So for every 1 person complaining, you have 99 people who literally could not give a rats ass about what ever issue, and they are the target for advertisers.
That's not the way it works.  The big corps do not want to be associated with toxic content.  Nike does not want their shoes appearing below a swastika or a video of a white power rally. 

I dont think it will be too hard to improve the place.
I'm not so sure, I think many problems are inherent in the platform.  Any kind of move towards more freedom of speech will probably make more of a toxic pit.

YouTube is not struggling to find advertisers
It reached a point where it was going to be - the big advertisers all threatened to pull their revenue if they didn't sort their content out.  Youtube reacted and banned or demonetarised tons of big channels.   Why do you think stuff like Infowars got chucked out?  Not to mention youtube is a far simpler platform to fit traditional advertising in that twitter is.

I've no idea how you could turn enough profit from twitter - certainly not to justify $44B.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #415 on: October 05, 2022, 11:33:26 AM »
That's not the way it works.  The big corps do not want to be associated with toxic content.  Nike does not want their shoes appearing below a swastika or a video of a white power rally. 
Im gonna be honest, I live my web experience layered with adblockers, I dont even know when last I have seen an ad online. But I dont see how this is terribly hard to innovate. I dont think Elon is so dumb than to just let it a free for all. But I can think of plenty of ways to improve twitter, both from an advertising perspective and from sorting content out.
You forget that Tesla is probably the biggest investor in AI tech on earth right now. Lots of clever software that can sort content by category.

I'm not so sure, I think many problems are inherent in the platform.  Any kind of move towards more freedom of speech will probably make more of a toxic pit.
I dont think the problem is freedom of speech. I think the problem is how we promote certain speech. The fact that there are mechanisms to elevate tweets, but not mechanisms to deflate them should show you that the Twitter gods really care for engagement over quality.

I have no idea if Musk will improve it, but I do think there is a lot you can do to improve it.
It reached a point where it was going to be - the big advertisers all threatened to pull their revenue if they didn't sort their content out.  Youtube reacted and banned or demonetarised tons of big channels.   Why do you think stuff like Infowars got chucked out?  Not to mention youtube is a far simpler platform to fit traditional advertising in that twitter is.

I've no idea how you could turn enough profit from twitter - certainly not to justify $44B.
Twitter already pulls a profit of about $3B a year. Not great, not terrible.
Just cutting the fat could get it into decent profit territory.

Again, no idea if he is capable of making any success out of it, but I dont think its as long stretch as many make it out to be
« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 04:15:00 AM by MaNaeSWolf »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #416 on: October 05, 2022, 11:36:28 AM »
Regarding advertisers I would consider Youtube as a cautionary tale.  Content producers there have to go to obnoxious amounts of self censorship to avoid getting demonetized. 

I could definitely see advertisers pulling out if twitter becomes viewed as something like stormfront.

I don't know why everyone is worried that he will let the Nazis take over Twitter. It's what all the eternally online lefty journalists are hyperventilating about, but they also pretend to get the vapors if you misgender someone. It's all fake outrage meant to generate clicks. They'd all secretly love it if Trump was back on Twitter.

If you go to a youtube video that you know has been demonitized you still get served ads. So, is it the advertisers running away, or is it Youtube putting the blame on them? I honestly don't think advertisers really give a shit most of the time, especially if it's just some youtuber saying "fuck" too many times, or expressing conservative opinions, etc. This is what advertisers care about https://www.reuters.com/technology/exclusive-brands-blast-twitter-ads-next-child-pornography-accounts-2022-09-28/  Twitter has issues already and it's got nothing to do with Elon Musk.

« Reply #417 on: October 07, 2022, 03:39:13 AM »
Twitter has issues already and it's got nothing to do with Elon Musk.
No, but it will do if he buys it.  He will be plunging straight into that cess pit and whatever he does will likely please nobody, or at least please a few and piss of the majority.

The whole thing could be very damaging to his brand, not to mention his wealth.

Anyway, he's super popular in Moscow right now, so he's got that I suppose....  ???

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #418 on: October 08, 2022, 07:08:47 PM »
What is wrong with the US definition of freedom of speech?
That you can say what you like as long as you aren't directly inciting violence?

I think it's funny, or terrifying that the people calling others fascists are the ones in favour of censorship and authoritarianism.

Freedom is the ability to say 2+2=4. All other freedoms come from this. If that isn't allowed then freedom is the ability to die hating them.
-Orwell.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #419 on: October 08, 2022, 07:12:21 PM »
Quote from: JimmyTheLobster
That's not the way it works.  The big corps do not want to be associated with toxic content.
Jimmy, I.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.