Your thoughts on Elon musk?

• 1438 Replies

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
Re: Your thoughts on Elon musk?
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2022, 11:54:19 PM »
Twitter having bots in the order of 5% is not some new information Elon was only just made aware of. After accepting a deal

Elon claims it 4-5x that amount. Based on what? What is his data? Does he already have all of Twitters data?

It's only an anecdotal assumption on his part - and if he believes that the Twitter user base is up to 25% fake accounts - we'll he already struck a deal with that assumption already in his head. Like I said, there has been no revelation come to pass since he made the take over bid.

Maybe Elon should have done more research and asked these questions before putting himself in a bind

What a noob ::)

Musk is so stupid.  Hahaha.
It's so funny reading what clueless people have to say.   

Until there are two signatures on one document there is no contract.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2022, 12:23:26 AM »
Twitter having bots in the order of 5% is not some new information Elon was only just made aware of. After accepting a deal

Elon claims it 4-5x that amount. Based on what? What is his data? Does he already have all of Twitters data?

It's only an anecdotal assumption on his part - and if he believes that the Twitter user base is up to 25% fake accounts - we'll he already struck a deal with that assumption already in his head. Like I said, there has been no revelation come to pass since he made the take over bid.

Maybe Elon should have done more research and asked these questions before putting himself in a bind

What a noob ::)

Musk is so stupid.  Hahaha.

Elon has signed the deal though. It was accepted. He can't walk away from it without a substantial financial penalty.

Now it looks like he got cold feet.

So yes. Elon is stupid. Or like I said, playing a game to trash the sticks value in some attempt to score it cheaper which is a pretty dick move but time will tell if it pays off for Elon. Even if it does, it doesn't change the fact that it's still a dick move and proves once again how disingenuous Elon is about anything he says

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2022, 12:57:45 AM »
we'll [sic] he already struck a deal with that assumption already in his head.

I didn't realize you were there during the ongoing negotiations.   

So, you have a copy of the signed contract and know what was in his head. 

You know there is a NDA, right? 
Well, of coarse you do.  You wouldn't just talk shit, would you?

I wish I was stupid enough to be a democrat.   
It seems like ignorance is glorious bliss.   

For the rest, just play along,   ;)

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2022, 01:16:45 AM »
we'll [sic] he already struck a deal with that assumption already in his head.

I didn't realize you were there during the ongoing negotiations.   

Well, of coarse you do.  You wouldn't just talk shit, would you?

I wish I was stupid enough to be a democrat.   
It seems like ignorance is glorious bliss.   

For the rest, just play along,   ;)

Do you think this is the first time Elon has complained about Twitter bots or the first time Twitter has acknowledged them? LOL

Do you think before he got this far in a deal he would not have been given any information about the product he was buying? Or his lawyers?

Indeed

https://www.gobankingrates.com/money/business/musk-walk-away-44-billion-twitter-deal-not-really/

Musk and Twitter reportedly agreed to a $1 billion “reverse termination fee” when they reached their deal, but that doesn’t mean Musk can just pay the fee and walk away. As CNBC noted, a reverse breakup fee typically applies when a deal can’t close for some outside reason, such as a regulatory intermediation or third-party financing problems. Buyers can also walk away from deals if fraud is exposed, assuming it has a material adverse effect.

However, the reverse termination fee wouldn’t apply simply because Musk thinks he offered too much money for Twitter. Walking away for that reason means Musk would not only have to pay the $1 billion fee, but also risk being sued for billions of dollars in damages.

Pretty sure Elon could cover it though but maybe he should have done some due diligence before agreeing to the take over.

There is also reputational damage should he ever want to bid for anything else in the future. Even if he follows through as agreed, he's fucked himself

I wish I could be as blissfully ignorant as a dumbarse yankee repugnican ::)

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2022, 01:28:34 AM »
The way a contract works is one party offers something in trade for consideration.   
Both parties must agree to the terms. 
Fascinating, thank you for this insight.

Why would Elon purchase twidder at full price if it was full of fake accounts?     

Obviously you have never been anything but an employee.
Well, it's just great we have an expert on multi-billion pound tech deals to take us through the complexities.   
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

JackBlack

« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2022, 02:04:17 AM »
The way a contract works is one party offers something in trade for consideration.   
Both parties must agree to the terms. 

Let's say one piece of shit corporation (twitter) want's a shit load of money for their product. 
The potential buyer wants some assurance the corporation is not just a scam.
The buyer wants proof that the product (subscribers) are in fact real.

Or, lets say that unsolicited, a piece of shit individual (musk) decides to offer a load of money for a product, based upon its share price.
This piece of shit, then sees the price plummeting, and realises they made a bad deal, and needs to make an excuse to lower the price.

Why would Elon purchase twidder at full price if it was full of fake accounts?
Because the trading price was already based upon those fake accounts existing.
The deal is based upon the public share price, based upon what the public knows.
A more pure twitter without the bots would be worth more.

The announcement by twitter certainly seems like they have reached a deal and signed.
They even called it definitive.

It is a publicly traded company.
That means the contract will likely need to be made public, for approval of the shareholders, rather than just being sold.
And it is:
https://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net/CIK-0001418091/e61e4376-e2c5-4d54-8782-d63fc5e096e9.pdf

The NDA is not for the merger, it appears to be for the information Musk gets Privileged access to before the merger is in effect.

There is also reputational damage should he ever want to bid for anything else in the future.
Given the exiting damage to his reputation from how many times he has already shown he cannot deliver what he promises, this wont do much.
There will still be a bunch of morons praising him and willing to do business with him.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2022, 05:30:39 AM »
It's been interesting to watch TSLA during all of this.  Musk doesn't actually have enough cash to buy twitter.  He'll have to sell a lot of Tesla stock.  Since TSLA is obviously in a bubble this moved seems like it's popping that bubble.

Between announcing his plans to buy twitter and now the stock has dropped by 36% or 421 billion dollars.  Musk owns 17% of twitter so he lost about 74 billion.  So about 118 billion to buy twitter.

This deal is costing Elon dearly.  He might be panicking and trying to find a way out.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2022, 06:31:47 AM »
He'll have to sell a lot of Tesla stock. 
I think he was only going to sell some, then use the rest as collateral on a loan.  However I think Tesla stock is now about $100 below the amount it needs to be to leverage that much.

This deal is costing Elon dearly.  He might be panicking and trying to find a way out.
Personally I think it would have cost him a lot more if it had gone ahead.

It's going to be a nightmare to try and turn Twitter into a profitable company.    Not to mention the Elon "Real life Iron Man" Musk brand is increasingly tarnished and Twitter ownership would likely exacerbate that.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2022, 07:49:59 AM »
There was a time when you could purchase bot followers. I know of someone who had over 50,000 of them. They never purged all of them, either.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #129 on: May 18, 2022, 09:27:28 AM »
https://www.axios.com/2022/05/14/the-musk-twitter-endgame
https://www.reuters.com/technology/elon-musk-cant-easily-give-twitter-boot-over-bots-2022-05-18/

I was curious so I looked into it a little.  I don't think there's anything in the agreement that lets Elon blow up the deal because of excessive bots.

Additionally Elon can't get out of this by paying a termination fee.  By the terms of the agreement Twitter can force Elon to buy their company for the agreed price and it seems that they intend to follow through.  Which means Elon would be forced to sell more TSLA which further deflates the bubble that stock is in.

It's interesting that he seems to be doing a lot of damage to twitter during all of this.  Maybe he thinks that by lowering twitters stock value that he could get a better deal.  That doesn't sound legal to me.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #130 on: May 18, 2022, 12:31:30 PM »
Here's a fun one...

« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2022, 02:52:00 AM »
It's interesting that he seems to be doing a lot of damage to twitter during all of this.  Maybe he thinks that by lowering twitters stock value that he could get a better deal.  That doesn't sound legal to me.
Now he has "come out" as Republican, basically saying he'll vote Trump.

As a boss of a public company coming down explicitly on either side seems like a very bad move indeed.  Especially when your biggest customer are California liberals.

With this and the Twitter fiasco, he seems keen on trashing is brand.   I wonder if the SEC is about to come down on him and he's losing his shit?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2022, 02:56:15 AM »
Now he has "come out" as Republican, basically saying he'll vote Trump.

As a boss of a public company coming down explicitly on either side seems like a very bad move indeed.  Especially when your biggest customer are California liberals.

With this and the Twitter fiasco, he seems keen on trashing is brand.   I wonder if the SEC is about to come down on him and he's losing his shit?

And he said

“In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party,” he tweeted.

“But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican.

Hmmm. Which party incited an insurrection again? Which party continues to peddle the lie the election was rigged so that half the nation does not see the President as legitimate?

I think he is suffering from a feeling of irrelevance and because the repugs are so loud in their virtue signalling, that's the team he wants behind him

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2022, 07:06:47 AM »
I am suddenly very worried that driving an electric car could lead to brain damage.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2022, 05:24:11 PM »
#Elongate has been trending off and on all day  >:D
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2022, 09:06:28 PM »

Do you think before he got this far in a deal he would not have been given any information about the product he was buying? Or his lawyers?

He is playing with a shit company and exposing it for what it is.   

Twitter is a commie propaganda machine.   

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2022, 02:22:21 AM »

A machine he agreed to pay $44 billion for and now looks to have buyers remorse. No cooling off period for this mofo!!!!

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2022, 04:29:44 AM »

Damn! I wondered where all the Trotskyites had gone, cunning of them to pose as the vacuous celebrities, WAGs and general morons who populate twatter, although it was never reported that they were pushing for the proletariat to cast off their chains and seize the means of production.

Well spotted Bully.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2022, 01:20:24 PM »
https://www.axios.com/2022/06/17/spacex-fires-employees-criticized-musk

I wonder what exactly Musk's idea of free speech is.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2022, 03:06:30 PM »

Depends on what was said.  And your free speech isn't free from consequence when you are on the clock.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

JackBlack

« Reply #140 on: June 17, 2022, 03:31:24 PM »

Depends who was fired.
As much as I think Musk is the next big conman, the article indicates that employees who tried to coerce others into signing were fired.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2022, 10:32:42 PM »

At what job can you go around and harass other employees to sign a petition saying that the CEO is an asshat?
If you really think the CEO is an idiot, dont work for him.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #142 on: June 20, 2022, 06:09:38 AM »

The champion of free speech sacks a bunch of muppets for airing their belief that he is a moron.

First, I haven’t worked for any firm where those in control weren’t jerks, it’s a prerequisite, running a business isn’t about being nice.

Second, you only make it known that you have cracked onto their jerkiness if you are leaving and do not need a reference and are happy that they are not unhinged enough that should they ever gain control of the world, they will have you killed.

Thirdly, the bullying accusation is likely 100% bollocks, newspeak for upsetting the minions by asking them to form an opinion.

Finally, although they deserved the sackings for a lack of rational thinking, they hopefully have shown the world he does intend to become a dictator and are given medals.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #143 on: June 20, 2022, 06:22:18 AM »
The champion of free speech sacks a bunch of muppets for airing their belief that he is a moron.
There are 12 000 people at SpaceX. I doubt he does the sacking or spends much time with HR

First, I haven’t worked for any firm where those in control weren’t jerks, it’s a prerequisite, running a business isn’t about being nice.

Second, you only make it known that you have cracked onto their jerkiness if you are leaving and do not need a reference and are happy that they are not unhinged enough that should they ever gain control of the world, they will have you killed.
Running a business turns you into a Jerk, 100% can confirm.
And no, I dont think a rocket company has a team of ninjas killing people.

Thirdly, the bullying accusation is likely 100% bollocks, newspeak for upsetting the minions by asking them to form an opinion.
Maybe, but they could only get 0.01% of the company to agree with their letter, meaning it was not such a popular idea to begin with.

But he is getting old, and all people start becoming dictators where they can after a certain age. Seems consistent where ever I look.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2022, 07:37:23 AM »

Ah but is it that only 0.01% think he is a Jerk or that the rest are smart enough to realise that as far as enhancing job prospects go, signing a round robin to the effect your employer is a pillock isn’t in the top ten.
Hell, if it had come to me, I would have suspected a trap and burned it whatever I thought, just the sort of thing that happens in paranoid organisations, don’t infiltrate the 5th column, set one up as a honey trap.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2022, 07:43:44 AM »
I imagine the consensus at Space X and other industries Elon is involved with is that Elon is a narcissistic, megalomaniac dickwad to the nth degree but he is the CEO of the plebs beneath him and they're employed at His pleasure. Elon giveth and He can taketh away!!

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2022, 11:16:45 AM »
The context of this action is important.  SpaceX is completely within their rights to fire these people.  Though I find these accusations that these employees were harassing other employees to sign their letter very difficult to believe.

However, Elon is, maybe, buying twitter ostensibly under the pretense that twitter is stifling free speech so he must buy it to save democracy or something.  When he fires people within his organization for publicly expressing an opinion then it makes him look deeply hypocritical. 

Which is why I ask the question, what does he really believe?  Because his actions is completely contradicting his statements.

JackBlack

« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2022, 02:54:17 PM »
I also think the context is important, but for a different reason.

Twitter is a place for people (all people) to share their thoughts.

SpaceX is a company for making wasteful rockets to appease their dictator.
He isn't paying them to think and talk. He is paying them to pad his pockets.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2022, 05:10:13 PM »
Elon Musk will bring a new age of man; an age of despair and destitution and of subjugation to the evil powers that be.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2022, 08:28:04 PM »
SpaceX is a company for making wasteful rockets to appease their dictator.
Actually, SpaceX rockets are currently the most efficient and cost effective rockets in the industry.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.