Is fire alive?

• 14 Replies
Is fire alive?
« on: January 29, 2019, 11:48:44 AM »
I understand that the greatest minds are part of this outstanding organization and I would like to hear your valuable opinion about this controversial topic.
Thank you from Lorenzo Juan

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
Re: Is fire alive?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 11:55:12 AM »
You go first. What is your opinion about this controversial topic? That might help get this conversation started in a forward direction.

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 12:01:24 PM »
It moves
It consumes objects
It produces offspring
It responds to the external environment
It has water molecules
Yes it is alive

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 12:10:07 PM »
Fire has no biology. It is not made of cells. It is not alive.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 12:22:59 PM »
Fire has no biology. It is not made of cells. It is not alive.
I disagree, get out of here with your common sense and reason.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 12:26:04 PM »
Fire is alive as much as water is.

The main problem is, what is life. We have to define the life first.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 12:32:00 PM »
Star Trek already answered this

Just watch the first minute.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 12:46:00 PM »
Star Trek already answered this

Just watch the first minute.

Interesting. They are talking about both the meaning of life and whether fire is alive or not. But unfortunately I have not get everything they talk. Why did Englanders change the language? Actually Turkish is good.  :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2019, 03:38:59 PM »
I would not count on the writers of a 25 year old science fiction television show to be the experts on the definition of life.

Classifications are useful only if they group things the way we want them to be grouped. We wish to classify as alive things like horses, beetles, bacteria, mushrooms. We wish to classify as not alive things like fire, chemical reactions, clouds, a complex mechanical device. The criteria for being alive look for the way to group these. Any list of criteria for alive things can also then include ... "but not fire" and accomplish the same thing.

Fire is not alive because, by definition, we do not wish to classify it that way.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2019, 10:19:12 PM »
Russians produced organic micro-brains. According to the definition of the boydster, we have to accept them alive. this makes the issue more complicated.

Guys, what about Russian produced organic micro brains?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 01:31:25 AM »
Guys, what about Russian produced organic micro brains?

Some people on the forum could answer that question with the authority of personal experience.   

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 05:45:58 AM »
Let's also not confuse "life" with "personhood"

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2019, 09:19:07 AM »
There is a life definition of life according to Father of humanbeings, Adam.

After Kabyl killed the Habyl, after Adam has learned, says its to Eva:

"Habyl is dead".

Eva asks:

"What is dying?"

Adam replies:

"He is not eating, not talking, *not breathing anymore" (I'm not sure if maybe walking, may be breathing)

Then Eva cries.

This is meanwhile the first crying of human beings. Inother say, after Habyl dies, Adam was not cried, but after his mother has learned, she has cried.

There is a preverb in Turkey: "if one cries, only his/her mother feels his/her pain truly".

Anyways.

According to these definition, life is at least

a) eating
b) talking
c) breathening

If one of these exists, so there is a life here. If any of them are not exist so no life.

But I'm not sure of breath. I've searched for source but could not found. It has to be somewhere in any religinal texts.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 09:20:57 AM by wise »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 02:26:54 AM »
There is a life definition of life according to Father of humanbeings, Adam.

After Kabyl killed the Habyl, after Adam has learned, says its to Eva:

"Habyl is dead".

Eva asks:

"What is dying?"

Adam replies:

"He is not eating, not talking, *not breathing anymore" (I'm not sure if maybe walking, may be breathing)

Then Eva cries.

This is meanwhile the first crying of human beings. Inother say, after Habyl dies, Adam was not cried, but after his mother has learned, she has cried.

There is a preverb in Turkey: "if one cries, only his/her mother feels his/her pain truly".

Anyways.

According to these definition, life is at least

a) eating
b) talking
c) breathening

If one of these exists, so there is a life here. If any of them are not exist so no life.

But I'm not sure of breath. I've searched for source but could not found. It has to be somewhere in any religinal texts.

I'm sure Turkey has some good tertiary educational institutions, we know it has the internet, there have even been a few Turkish Nobel prize winners, so why would anyone that is not an idiot look to religious texts for a definition of life? Oh wait, your post makes sense now.
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2019, 02:25:51 AM »
I'm sure Turkey has some good tertiary educational institutions, we know it has the internet, there have even been a few Turkish Nobel prize winners, so why would anyone that is not an idiot look to religious texts for a definition of life? Oh wait, your post makes sense now.

You have talked like an ordinary Turk. But I am more than ordinary.

Here is the corner of philosophy. Since religions a part of philosophy so that I've defined it according to religinal texts. This is one upper level more than you get.

You mister, open a biology book, read the definition of life and go discuss it in a biology forum.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1