Werepenguin X The Frigid Wastes Game Thread

• 436 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Re: Werepenguin X The Frigid Wastes Game Thread
« Reply #360 on: February 03, 2019, 02:30:31 PM »
Though really the narrator won, we were all just along for the ride ::)
You weren't complaining when you got an extra scan  :P

Well considering we killed someone because of a narrator fuck up, I would still say that doesn't make it even..was just the best attempt.

Then we couldn't actually plan a game plan because we didn't know if the narrator was fucking up again or if that was it.. Then the narrator sent the roles of everyone to the wild card and no one knew...then to put the nail in the coffin he killed DD for no reason besides a fuck all when wise should have died ending the game for the villagers. A free scan did nothing in the grand scheme of things.

it was a clusterfuck
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #361 on: February 03, 2019, 02:39:08 PM »
Though really the narrator won, we were all just along for the ride ::)
You weren't complaining when you got an extra scan  :P

Well considering we killed someone because of a narrator fuck up, I would still say that doesn't make it even..was just the best attempt.
You'd have likely killed someone anyway even if you knew NSS was dead. The chances of you getting it right were pretty low. Then you have me intentionally making myself suspicious so that you'd ask the empath...
Chances are there'd be at least one CSA agent alive today. (Plus if I'd been online at the right time I could've forced a stalemate in retaliation and I'm still kinda sad I missed that chance).

Chaos is always part of this game. Was a bit frustrating how much of this game came down to things you should have been able to respond to, but it's not like it didn't go both ways in the end.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #362 on: February 03, 2019, 02:40:10 PM »
In the description of the wild card he actually states that he gave that role knowledge of everyone's alignment. Probably a game breaking move but he did say it.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bom Tishop

« Reply #363 on: February 03, 2019, 02:48:23 PM »
In the description of the wild card he actually states that he gave that role knowledge of everyone's alignment. Probably a game breaking move but he did say it.

"They are a despicable person, and will be pm'ed everyone's roles to be used as cover."

Figured that was the usual sending fake PMs to get rid of PM sharing.

Plus that still doesn't excuse all the other crap, I even forgot to mention him revealing everyone's roles lol.

We would have lost anyways with him killing DD just cause.

I have to give it to you though, you never did actually tell a lie lol..

By the way, nice fake PMs boydster..I knew there was a reason that you took so long.

Jane, how could you have stalemated the game earlier? What role did you have?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #364 on: February 03, 2019, 02:56:07 PM »
Well considering we killed someone because of a narrator fuck up, I would still say that doesn't make it even..was just the best attempt

So what happened?
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Junker

« Reply #365 on: February 03, 2019, 02:59:37 PM »
This was a really dumb game.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #366 on: February 03, 2019, 03:00:15 PM »
Jane, how could you have stalemated the game earlier? What role did you have?
Thief. Steal SCG, take a shot at her, there'd be four villagers left alive vs four evil and it was still night. Only reason that didn't happen was that it took me until basically as soon as she sent the PM to come online.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #367 on: February 03, 2019, 03:02:16 PM »
Yeah, being PM'd roles to use as cover doesn't mean he should know everyone's roles. This game was rigged against the villagers from the start. It was still pretty fun, but it was impossible for the villagers to win.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #368 on: February 03, 2019, 03:08:53 PM »
That's kinda funny, but really jacked up.  Damn Barst.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #369 on: February 03, 2019, 03:13:06 PM »
This was a really dumb game.

It was awesome for myself and boydster. Maybe not so much for others.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #370 on: February 03, 2019, 03:42:27 PM »
So who was the hypnotist and who was the scam artist? Those are the reasons I died. I tried to politican wise dead, but was told I was hypnotized.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #371 on: February 03, 2019, 03:50:18 PM »
So who was the hypnotist and who was the scam artist? Those are the reasons I died. I tried to politican wise dead, but was told I was hypnotized.

Number one, sorry for your death, you can firmly yell at barst for that.

As for the scam artist, that was shifter and already dead. I am assuming wise was the hypnotist I dunno

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #372 on: February 03, 2019, 03:51:59 PM »
You shouldn't have had to politician wise, because we voted to lynch him. But the hypnotist had to be wise or Gayer, since they're the only other ones alive.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #373 on: February 03, 2019, 03:55:04 PM »
As for the scam artist, that was shifter and already dead. I am assuming wise was the hypnotist I dunno
You're assuming there's just one scam artist.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #374 on: February 03, 2019, 03:59:48 PM »

Even if there was another there was still enough votes to lynch wise, he should have died...so stupid

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #375 on: February 03, 2019, 04:03:13 PM »

Even if there was another there was still enough votes to lynch wise, he should have died...so stupid
Assuming votes carried over. it's how things were done before, but there's no reason to assume it; easy to make the argument that it shouldn't be done that way, because you could do what we almost did last game. Have everyone vote for person A, one stray vote for person B, have person A go take out a werewolf or be shot by a vigilante or whatever a moment before dusk, if you go purely by votes they've kileld two people. Makes sense to want to avoid that possibility.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #376 on: February 03, 2019, 04:10:30 PM »
Nothing in this game made sense. There is every reason to assume it would work the same as the last game, unless it was stated that it would be different.  It was a cheat against the villagers from the start, and not lynching wise and lynching DD instead was part of the cheat.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #377 on: February 03, 2019, 04:12:33 PM »

Assuming votes carried over. it's how things were done before, but there's no reason to assume it; easy to make the argument that it shouldn't be done that way, because you could do what we almost did last game. Have everyone vote for person A, one stray vote for person B, have person A go take out a werewolf or be shot by a vigilante or whatever a moment before dusk, if you go purely by votes they've kileld two people. Makes sense to want to avoid that possibility.

Then the narrator should say that the votes need to be recast.  Why would anyone assume they need to recast a vote when the person they voted for is still a valid option.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #378 on: February 03, 2019, 04:19:24 PM »
The narrators, Barst and boydster, won the game.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #379 on: February 03, 2019, 04:24:30 PM »
Nothing in this game made sense. There is every reason to assume it would work the same as the last game, unless it was stated that it would be different.  It was a cheat against the villagers from the start, and not lynching wise and lynching DD instead was part of the cheat.
I agree, but honestly this ruleset has been pretty biased for the villagers; look how close you got even with the wildcard. Unpredictability can be unsatisfying, but it's not like it didn't add anything. (Honestly I want to use this ruleset with massively overpowered team evils, just for funsies).

Barst tried a couple of new things, it didn't all go perfectly, but it's usually like that. the idea of staggered announcements, for example, is a really interesting one because it requires a different kind of strategic thinking. Resetting votes, like mentioned, helps with a few cheap tricks, and the evil teams needed a shot in the arm given that they were weaker than they were last game and then it was a hair's breadth from being another villager win so the wildcard helped, and wouldn't have to the same extent if the villagers had been forewarned (equally, the wildcard does deserve some props for taking full advantage of their knowledge).
Biggest problem is the villagers not knowing of the possibility of those things happening, so it comes across more as chaos than anything to react to.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #380 on: February 03, 2019, 04:32:08 PM »
The villagers didn't win the last game, the wildcard won that one too.

Resetting the votes would have been okay, if we'd been aware of it. Most of us were online, we'd have voted again.  Also, I have no idea how the evil teams were weaker this game, except for wise being banned (he had an alt, so it's not like he wasn't playing). What's weird is that boydster teamed up with your evil team and you guys ended up dead, anyway.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #381 on: February 03, 2019, 04:41:44 PM »
The villagers didn't win the last game, the wildcard won that one too.

Resetting the votes would have been okay, if we'd been aware of it. Most of us were online, we'd have voted again.  Also, I have no idea how the evil teams were weaker this game, except for wise being banned (he had an alt, so it's not like he wasn't playing). What's weird is that boydster teamed up with your evil team and you guys ended up dead, anyway.

That is the problem, we didn't know the wildcard got all the roles like that, we didn't know that we had to vote again, we didn't know if people were going to die or if barst was fucking up again, plus barst revealed all those roles to the public etc etc etc...just dumb.

Also, the wild card can't have everyone's roles, it is dumb...the wild card chooses what side that person would want to win... PMs them everyone's role and they destroy everything.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #382 on: February 03, 2019, 04:55:28 PM »
So since crouton wouldn't say how he knew to kill me, I imagine boydster told him to.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #383 on: February 03, 2019, 05:01:03 PM »
Last game, if the villagers had lynched CFC then they probably would've won given who they trusted. it was Bullwinkle's absence and CFC being lucky with powers (and getting cocky with it so we knew to politician) that shifted it, and even then no evil team won.

The wildcard's not as reliable an ally as that. They're acting to save the opposite evil team too; why do you think my goal was to try and force your hand to scan and get me in on the ghost council? it'd make us a more attractive proposition to save. A stalemate is a safer option for them. They just care about killing villagers, not about making one evil team win; interests only line up when one team is weaker. Manipulating the wildcard to help your team rather than help both equally is as much a part of the game as manipulating the villagers.
Do agree that this was a bit overpowered, but you still did pretty well with it, though you did have the earlier overcorrection. At least it made the game different. Endings can be a bit unsatisfying, but the journey was fun, as was puzzling out what the hell happened, so hey.

Who's narrating the next one, and how quickly will Junker die this time?

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #384 on: February 03, 2019, 05:11:19 PM »
Shifter maybe.  CFC has mentioned that he had something ready.

Additionally I'm designing roles and rules specifically meant to kill Junker multiple times before the game has even started.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #385 on: February 03, 2019, 05:27:40 PM »
Ahahaha how funny.   ::)

Guys calm down. Before you blame the boydster please read the definition of the wildcard. Then you'll see a difference there other than ordinary.

1. Wildcard - The wildcard wants the flat earthers to lose. They are a despicable person, and will be pm'ed everyone's roles to be used as cover.

Yes, this is barst style. :)

According to game continuening, barst has done it well. It may be some mistakes those all of us doing mistakes sometimes. As a result there is a narrator and we have to respect its decisions. He narrated as well as how barst can do it.  ;)

Till last moments, I was thinking dd was a penguin. But unfortunately they were someone others. Anyways it was funny.

Great narrating and good game. I've got fun. It was only this much funny only if it was narrated by barst. We have to agree this. ;D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 05:30:29 PM by wise »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #386 on: February 03, 2019, 05:29:31 PM »
wise, we know you're a penguin.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #387 on: February 03, 2019, 05:32:03 PM »
getting cocky with it

Lol yeah, I fucked up there, I was having fun hurassing you via PM. That was my bad, made my life for difficult in the end.

Who's narrating the next one, and how quickly will Junker die this time?

Lol, that is funny, poor junker.

Unless you want to narrate I will Jane, unless someone else really wants to. I have a format that combines my game style and yours, hopefully it will be pretty even.

Lol, wise....calm, we know you are a penguin and the game is over, the Canadian won this game.

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #388 on: February 03, 2019, 05:32:41 PM »
Probably a game breaking move but he did say it.
I was curious to see what would happen if team evil already knew who everyone was.
It was interesting, to say the least. ;)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #389 on: February 03, 2019, 05:33:54 PM »
Okay.

I do not want to be an evil anymore. I really don't like it. There has to be a rule to prevent it. I was penguin in past game, I was a penguin in this game. How much can it continue?

I don't know who will be the next narrator but I am candidate. Because since we have arrived the northern borders, we are ready to go Agartha now.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong