Werepenguin X The Frigid Wastes Game Thread

• 436 Replies

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
Re: Werepenguin X The Frigid Wastes Game Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2019, 12:47:16 PM »
So CFC said I'm a target with Shifter because I didn't reveal my role to him, an unconfirmed dead villager.

I'm not taking a risk that could be detrimental to the villagers.   Lynching an innocent is stupid especially for being hesitant to reveal their role to an unconfirmed.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2019, 12:52:39 PM »

He said he told two people, why he would do that remains unclear.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2019, 12:53:20 PM »

He said he told two people, why he would do that remains unclear.

Yeah that's what blows my mind.  Why would you tell anyone your role that isn't a confirmed good player.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2019, 01:05:42 PM »
CFC is bffs with Shifter, I think that's why he told Shifter without confirmation.

TRUST BUT VERIFY, MOFO.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2019, 01:18:41 PM »
Very odd. It could be we lost our best chance of winning. Or it could be we have provided the others with their best chance at winning. We are 2/2 for getting the wildcard killed on the first day. Could we have made it 3/3? Anyway, I'm skeptical of just going after shifter, but killing cfc is an odd move for team evil as he draws suspicion to himself. If the empath looked at cfc, they should be dead with them, which tells me they didn't. If shifter was told of cfc's role, he is the likeliest target now.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2019, 01:21:47 PM »
If shifter was told of cfc's role, he is the likeliest target now.

Yep. Score another for team evil  :'( :'(

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2019, 01:27:09 PM »
So either CFC is a terrible psychic/empath and outed himself on the first day, again, or is the Wildcard?

If we trust him, we kill Shifter. If we don't, we need another lead.
I'm tempted to say kill Shifter. Either he is a traitorous space squawker, or he's a villager in which case we've confirmed CFC's a wildcard and not to be trusted, and either way we get a functional ghost council. Taking out an evil or identifying the wildcard seems basically win/win.

Anyone got any better ideas?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2019, 01:30:24 PM »
Very odd. It could be we lost our best chance of winning. Or it could be we have provided the others with their best chance at winning. We are 2/2 for getting the wildcard killed on the first day. Could we have made it 3/3? Anyway, I'm skeptical of just going after shifter, but killing cfc is an odd move for team evil as he draws suspicion to himself. If the empath looked at cfc, they should be dead with them, which tells me they didn't. If shifter was told of cfc's role, he is the likeliest target now.

Remember that Team Evil can scan instead of kill, works just like a pyschic/empath except team evil doesn't die if the target gets killed.
Rabinoz RIP

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #188 on: January 31, 2019, 01:43:13 PM »
So either CFC is a terrible psychic/empath and outed himself on the first day, again, or is the Wildcard?

If we trust him, we kill Shifter. If we don't, we need another lead.
I'm tempted to say kill Shifter. Either he is a traitorous space squawker, or he's a villager in which case we've confirmed CFC's a wildcard and not to be trusted, and either way we get a functional ghost council. Taking out an evil or identifying the wildcard seems basically win/win.

Anyone got any better ideas?

Well, I won't be a wasted death. At least you'll get some answers. If there is a theif my power could come in handy. Take it.

Farewell friends. Just, make it quick and leave the face.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #189 on: January 31, 2019, 01:45:11 PM »
I'm probably with Jane, it would be a crying shame if Shifter has been mugged by the wildcard again, but it would clear up a few things.

Sorry Shifter, you need better friends, take up drinking with me next time.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2019, 01:53:33 PM »
I'm probably with Jane, it would be a crying shame if Shifter has been mugged by the wildcard again, but it would clear up a few things.

Sorry Shifter, you need better friends, take up drinking with me next time.

I'm staring death in the face. Can I have a drink with you now to get some Dutch courage?

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2019, 01:58:16 PM »

Well i'm currently standing by a fucked truck on the edge of a village in the freezing cold waiting for Blarst to show his ugly face and tell me what to do with this book of the damned and a comatose cultist, but I have a hip flask with a bit of Ballentines whisky if you fancy a jog, otherwise put it on my tab.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2019, 02:03:38 PM »

Well i'm currently standing by a fucked truck on the edge of a village in the freezing cold waiting for Blarst to show his ugly face and tell me what to do with this book of the damned and a comatose cultist, but I have a hip flask with a bit of Ballentines whisky if you fancy a jog, otherwise put it on my tab.

I'm probably going to die anyway so I'll jog. Hell, maybe the polar vortex will take me out gently.

Know your place

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2019, 02:05:11 PM »

I'm probably going to die anyway so I'll jog. Hell, maybe the polar vortex will take me out gently.

Has anyone actually voted to lynch Shifter?
Rabinoz RIP

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2019, 02:08:08 PM »

Has anyone actually voted to lynch Shifter?

The day is still young and more than a few have desired it if only to get an answer

Know your place

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2019, 02:28:51 PM »
I've got to be honest. I don't think Shifter is our guy. If we're going the aggressive route and taking shots in the dark to add to the ghost council then it's a fine way to proceed.

Maybe all the teams are in the waiting and watching phase. Maybe this one N00b killing someone immediately is an anomoly.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2019, 02:31:35 PM »

Well you can still come get that drink, maybe we kill wise before he comes back and rage quits

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »
Is it even possible to lynch wise right now? Wouldn't that be like executing someone in a persistent vegetative state?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2019, 02:36:15 PM »
Is it even possible to lynch wise right now? Wouldn't that be like executing someone in a persistent vegetative state?

Kidding, I don't want that on my score card.

Where the fuck is Blarst?

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2019, 02:38:38 PM »

Sadly, it's the safest lynching.  If wise is an innocent, his vote is meaningless with him not being around, if he is a penguin or csa we eliminate a bad guy.  It's just like bullwinkle in last game.

You can all just blame it on me and say I told you to do it.
Rabinoz RIP

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2019, 02:43:19 PM »

Sadly, it's the safest lynching.  If wise is an innocent, his vote is meaningless with him not being around, if he is a penguin or csa we eliminate a bad guy.  It's just like bullwinkle in last game.

Why is wise not around? Where did he go?

I'm going out to find him.

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2019, 02:49:08 PM »

Took a 3 day vacation to reflect on how troll sigs hurt other people's feelings. Should be back soon.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #202 on: January 31, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »

Took a 3 day vacation to reflect on how troll sigs hurt other people's feelings. Should be back soon.

Hopefully the narrator can narrate him a way in to excuse his late arrival. I say as far as the game is now, he is not a player to be lynched. He can arrive later and given the evil players don't necessarily have to kill on any given night, his role friend or foe is still unknown to the rest of us. I guess his vacation grants him immunity for the first few days you could say

Know your place

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #203 on: January 31, 2019, 03:01:02 PM »

Hopefully the narrator can narrate him a way in to excuse his late arrival. I say as far as the game is now, he is not a player to be lynched. He can arrive later and given the evil players don't necessarily have to kill on any given night, his role friend or foe is still unknown to the rest of us. I guess his vacation grants him immunity for the first few days you could say

But what if he is evil?

If we have to take a shot in the dark, that is where I would take it.  A player not acitve presents the least risk during a lynching.

Since we know diddly squat it may be our best bet to let the CSA or Penguins reveal themselves and not lynch today.  They need us villagers to win.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 03:05:27 PM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2019, 03:28:55 PM »
OK well we lost a villager last night. And we're apparently about to be visited by Cthulu if this blabbering co-traveler is to be believed. We need to get our shit together. First and foremost, let's head into town and see what's happening there. And then let's try and come to a consensus about what to do about the whole someone's-gotta-die thing before the end of the day.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #205 on: January 31, 2019, 07:32:43 PM »
Will Barst ever return?! I'm going to bed soon. We should probably not waste another day without a vote. It's a bit of a long shot, but I'm going to go with my gut here.

[I vote to lynch Junker]

In true Canadian fashion, I also apologize for voting to lynch Junker, eh? If I'm wrong, just know, I did this with the best of intentions.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2019, 07:36:42 PM »
As ever, make sure we have a majority of at least two votes to counter any scam artist.

Will try to be back to vote in the morning. Schedule's a bit chaotic at the moment.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2019, 09:27:09 PM »
Will Barst ever return?! I'm going to bed soon. We should probably not waste another day without a vote. It's a bit of a long shot, but I'm going to go with my gut here.

[I vote to lynch Junker]

In true Canadian fashion, I also apologize for voting to lynch Junker, eh? If I'm wrong, just know, I did this with the best of intentions.

Well as long as it's not me! [I'll vote to lynch Junker].

I feel bad for the n00b though. We embrace him into our game only to kill him first chance we get.....

Let's do it in a dignified way. Unless his corpse turns. Then flay it and burn the left over bits

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2019, 09:41:08 PM »
He shall be a monument to all of our sins.

[vote to lynch junker]

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2019, 10:12:49 PM »
Well I guess I better join the bandwagon, sorry Junker

[I vote to lynch Junker]
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?