Can anyone explain why there is a time difference even the earth is flat?

• 3 Replies
The earth is flat, then the sun would shine at the all directions of the world, but why there is a time difference around the world? Wouldn't they have a same time zone since the sun is rotating around the earth?

?

JCM

The earth is flat, then the sun would shine at the all directions of the world, but why there is a time difference around the world? Wouldn't they have a same time zone since the sun is rotating around the earth?

I think you answered your own question.  Obviously, the Sun doesn’t shine on all of the Earth at once. Time zones are needed with either model.  The flat model requires a spotlight Sun, the globe model does not.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Because time is generally measured by the movement of the sun, regardless of the shape of the earth.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
Re: Can anyone explain why there is a time difference even the earth is flat?
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 10:52:13 PM »
Yeahbut that's obviously not what happens, and yet it seems we can see farther that the curvature of the earth would allow...
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs