Collection of Dates

• 35 Replies
Re: Collection of Dates
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2019, 12:28:40 PM »

I'm joking of course. It looks no better than those sputniks made out of cardboard, aluminum foil, duct tape, and insulation.

It's a good thing that performance has nothing to do with how aesthetically pleasing a piece of equipment is.

That criterion is reserved for the realm of science fiction television shows and movies, where appearance is paramount -- and also the place where John gets all his ideas and information about space technology.
Sure. But being able to withstand wind is pretty important to a rocket.

Sputniks are spacecraft, not rockets. Or don't you know the difference?
Its literally named Starship.

Its [sic] not what I'm talking about.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2019, 02:37:45 PM »
It looks as if you tied a string to it, it might serve as a decent kite if that's what you are asking.
The physics of how a kite flies versus how a rocket flies will reveal itself through footage of the event. I'm hoping it "flies" in one form or another by summer.
I'm joking of course. It looks no better than those sputniks made out of cardboard, aluminum foil, duct tape, and insulation. That and apparently it was knocked over by the wind.
This Sputnik was not made out of cardboard, aluminum foil, duct tape, and insulation!

Maybe the Russians build them rugged!

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 02:40:11 PM »
Tin?
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2019, 01:34:17 PM »
Al-you-min-eum.

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2019, 02:43:15 PM »
Announced today by SpaceX President Gwynne Shotwell: SpaceX to land Starship on the Moon by 2022.
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

rvlvr

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2019, 08:28:32 AM »
Green screen and actors, I am sure. Satan commands Musk to do so.