Werepenguin X The Frigid Wastes signup!

• 244 Replies

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
Re: Werepenguin X The Frigid Wastes signup!
« Reply #210 on: January 31, 2019, 11:33:04 AM »
Villagers, don't be fooled by this...it is misdirection to keep a solid council from forming.
Give us a reason to believe you that isn't "Just trust me!"
I don't think that's much to ask. The wildcard did damage to the villagers last game, and seemed to sow a bit of chaos in the one before. A solid council will be great, but a council led by a wildcard is anything but solid. If you're a genuine villager you should be as concerned as the rest of us.

Like you say, I don't know what's been happening in your PMs. Neither do most people I imagine. Look at it from our perspective.

I agree with Jane on this.  The last game I was a confirmed good villager due to my roles ability.  When CFC was killed, it just showed that he was a  villager, his role wasn't revealed.  The wildcard makes it very difficult to trust someone who isn't a confirmed good guy.  The psychic and if we have an empath need to get to work and confirm the good guys.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #211 on: January 31, 2019, 01:12:41 PM »
CFC is bffs with Shifter, I think that's why he told Shifter without confirmation.

TRUST BUT VERIFY, MOFO.

^This to be honest...

The other person I verified with my power first and reached out to them.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2019, 01:31:33 PM »
I never lied. I was sick of playing the game never trusting anyone. You PMed me first asking what my deal was and I told you.

Should we be suspicious that the narrator didn't call out your role? Usually when the villagers land a crushing blow, the narrator says as such, to demoralise the villagers and give the baddies some applause to themselves. Also helps the villagers know who is what

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Bom Tishop

« Reply #213 on: January 31, 2019, 01:35:17 PM »
I never lied. I was sick of playing the game never trusting anyone. You PMed me first asking what my deal was and I told you.

Should we be suspicious that the narrator didn't call out your role? Usually when the villagers land a crushing blow, the narrator says as such, to demoralise the villagers and give the baddies some applause to themselves. Also helps the villagers know who is what

The narrator only announces the role if it's a werewolf, everything else is just villager.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #214 on: January 31, 2019, 01:38:17 PM »

The narrator only announces the role if it's a werewolf, everything else is just villager.

I remember the first game you were psychic the narrator revealed your role in death and all those you confirmed (just me at the time which simply painted a target on my back lol)

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Bom Tishop

« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2019, 01:42:59 PM »
I remember the first game you were psychic the narrator revealed your role in death and all those you confirmed (just me at the time which simply painted a target on my back lol)

That was before all the added roles quite a few games ago..things are much different now.

Also, don't cast doubt on my role, you know who the other player was we were chained together with. Ask that person, I am confirmed with that player 100 percent, as that player is now confirmed with me.

You hear that villagers??? Don't let misdirection mess with you, I promise at least two people trying to throw shade at who I am are team baddies... I am a confirmed good villager, don't accept a bad substitute, you will just leave with a bad taste in your mouth and get sick afterwards.

Villager council UNITE!!

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2019, 01:45:59 PM »
Certain roles should be revealed when killed.  The only reason we don't reveal all the roles is because of the wildcard.  A good wildcard should be able to dick the villagers while alive.  Doing it after being killed is sorta cheap.

Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #217 on: January 31, 2019, 02:03:09 PM »
As bad as the evidence seems...after researching this all day, I don't think shifter is bad even considering the evidence of him knowing my role.

Calm me naive, but I really think I might have gotten hit by a noob

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #218 on: January 31, 2019, 02:06:36 PM »
As bad as the evidence seems...after researching this all day, I don't think shifter is bad even considering the evidence of him knowing my role.

If I was bad and thought I was one of the few that knew your most important role, I would have waited another night or 2 to kill you. If I was on an evil team, what sense does it make to red flag myself on the onset of the game?

Know your place

Bom Tishop

« Reply #219 on: January 31, 2019, 02:11:59 PM »

If I was bad and thought I was one of the few that knew your most important role, I would have waited another night or 2 to kill you. If I was on an evil team, what sense does it make to red flag myself on the onset of the game?

I wouldn't think so no, especially since you knew only you and another knew it.

I will tell you who kills the first day in this game format....a noob...

Think makes me wonder about junker

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2019, 02:24:18 PM »

That... actually makes a lot of sense

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2019, 05:22:47 PM »
It doesn't really point one way or the other. In the first game I killed someone who suspected me so that I could paint it as a framejob (people were too dumb to notice, but hey). Making yourself suspicious can have the opposite effect if done right.

I'm not saying you're definitely guilty or anything, just that we shouldn't remove you from contention.

Seems to be either you, wildcard CFC, or a lucky new player/reckless player. And I'm starting to go off the second given that you seen to have corroborated some of what he's said.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Bom Tishop

« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2019, 05:29:33 PM »
wildcard CFC

Lol, you refuse to see the facts huh? You are truly scared of the ghost council aren't you? I never liked the ghost council as a baddie either for obvious reasons.

You are getting way too many tells in this game Jane...you used to be a smooth operator, now you are starting to lose your touch or getting complacent...

Don't worry, your death will be a long painful one, but it will eventually end.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2019, 06:49:07 PM »
wildcard CFC

Lol, you refuse to see the facts huh? You are truly scared of the ghost council aren't you? I never liked the ghost council as a baddie either for obvious reasons.

You are getting way too many tells in this game Jane...you used to be a smooth operator, now you are starting to lose your touch or getting complacent...

Don't worry, your death will be a long painful one, but it will eventually end.
Aand it's back on the table.

I pointed out it was an option, which multiple others agreed on, but said I was going off it as a possibility, and you proceed to completely ignore that to justify an accusation.
You're either a sloppy wildcard or a sloppy empath or a sloppy psychic. Either way, definitely the most obnoxious ghost I think we've had.

Being concerned the ghost council is run by someone actively trying to sabotage us is a legitimate worry. The fact our other option is that it's run by someone who thinks we should just ignore that possibility is almost as bad.

Give us a reason to trust you or go into the light.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Bom Tishop

« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2019, 07:07:37 PM »

Aand it's back on the table.

I pointed out it was an option, which multiple others agreed on, but said I was going off it as a possibility, and you proceed to completely ignore that to justify an accusation.
You're either a sloppy wildcard or a sloppy empath or a sloppy psychic. Either way, definitely the most obnoxious ghost I think we've had.

Being concerned the ghost council is run by someone actively trying to sabotage us is a legitimate worry. The fact our other option is that it's run by someone who thinks we should just ignore that possibility is almost as bad.

Give us a reason to trust you or go into the light.

I don't know who this "us" is...who are you speaking for exactly? The ghost council has already been formed and working fantastically so far. I don't need to prove anything to you, especially when you are so obviously biased for whatever reason.

Also, you have been increasingly more angry and meaner to me for some time now, not just talking about this game...how so SJW of you, classy.

Problems at home or something?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #225 on: January 31, 2019, 07:26:16 PM »
I don't know who this "us" is...who are you speaking for exactly?
I agree with Jane on this.  The last game I was a confirmed good villager due to my roles ability.  When CFC was killed, it just showed that he was a  villager, his role wasn't revealed.  The wildcard makes it very difficult to trust someone who isn't a confirmed good guy.  The psychic and if we have an empath need to get to work and confirm the good guys.
Not the only one worried Jane, we got fooled by the wildcard last time, let's not get fooled again

For starters. You are expecting us to just take you at your word for everything. Oh, you're not the wildcard. Oh, your council is going along swimmingly.
And then you twist it all into some grand personal attack. This isn't me being mean, this is me being impatient at you not giving a straight answer. As for the 'some time now,' that's just your natural thin skin. I barely talk to you beyond these games. This is why.

I said I wasn't suspecting it so much now. That wasn't good enough for you because I'd dared question you before. That's what's raising red flags for me.
Your idea of an innocent villager is apparently trusting you blindly. No thanks. Noone should expect that in this game, that's the whole point of it. If you've convinced people you trust in PM, great! Don't throw a fit when people not privy to that information doubt you. You're dead, not like we can lynch you, it doesn't matter. Lose the bloody ego and think about how the way you are acting looks from anyone else's perspective. If you want to make jabs based on political leanings, there's an easy one at you.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #226 on: January 31, 2019, 07:44:57 PM »
I don't know who this "us" is...who are you speaking for exactly?
Not the only one worried Jane, we got fooled by the wildcard last time, let's not get fooled again

For starters. You are expecting us to just take you at your word for everything. Oh, you're not the wildcard. Oh, your council is going along swimmingly.
And then you twist it all into some grand personal attack. This isn't me being mean, this is me being impatient at you not giving a straight answer. As for the 'some time now,' that's just your natural thin skin. I barely talk to you beyond these games. This is why.

I said I wasn't suspecting it so much now. That wasn't good enough for you because I'd dared question you before. That's what's raising red flags for me.
Your idea of an innocent villager is apparently trusting you blindly. No thanks. Noone should expect that in this game, that's the whole point of it. If you've convinced people you trust in PM, great! Don't throw a fit when people not privy to that information doubt you. You're dead, not like we can lynch you, it doesn't matter. Lose the bloody ego and think about how the way you are acting looks from anyone else's perspective. If you want to make jabs based on political leanings, there's an easy one at you.

That isn't what I am asking, if you actually took the time to read and breathe you would see that... however, just because it is me, you go to level ten. I have tried joking with you, being nice etc multiple times..yet you keep getting more and more shitty, disrespectful and condescending towards me...

I am tired of trying, so fuck off hypocrite... typical SJW.. (oh, and by the SJW isn't a damn political side, it's just a ridiculous mentality, though it is typically associated with the left  ::) )

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #227 on: January 31, 2019, 07:51:13 PM »
Ok we are still in the lounge, let's keep this out of AR, folks

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #228 on: January 31, 2019, 09:18:08 PM »
Either way, definitely the most obnoxious ghost I think we've had.

To be fair, I remember being super obnoxious the first few games as a ghost.

Know your place

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #229 on: January 31, 2019, 10:28:30 PM »
Calm down, calm down
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2019, 07:28:03 AM »
Wildcard is a role breaking the balance against villagers. There has to be something to balance it.

I'm planing a role has a name either "immortal" or "prophet". I'm working on it as not cause an ensure villager victory but balance the wildcard.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2019, 07:46:28 AM »
Prophet (immortal) A prophet is a villager only role, and never dies. He has one vote and has not an extra ability. But when he has been lynched or killed, loses half of its life, and half of his voting power. A prophet continues to play game, just uses a half of vote remained days.  When votings become equal without the vote of immortal, then his voting changes the result in favor of any player. But it can not prevent a player's lynching with numerically. Actually it isn't full of immortal. He can be killed if evils kill him again then loses its remained half life. But, because since he has not an extra ability and just half of votes so that evils do not prefet to kill him, and this makes him almost an immortal.

Ie if somebody has two votes and the other one has 1 votes, then if prophet tries to save the disadvantage person but could not achieved because his vote is cost of half so that lynching stays valid because of the result is 2 to 1,5.

In an ordinary game, prophet announces him being the prophet at the beginning. And as a trusty person, he leads the villagers from beginning to end. It will be balanced in next games if it works in favor of villagers more than required.

Aince we have arrived the north borders, I think we can enter the Agartha. Then we need both Michael and Aziel and perhaps a prophet may be useful in side of villagers, against all type of superior races, with fetö agents.  8)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2019, 01:04:30 PM »
Wildcard is a role breaking the balance against villagers. There has to be something to balance it.
it's only gamebreaking if the villagers choose to trust them implicitly. All that sets the wildcard apart from a regular evil player is that their ghost can't be identified, normally. it's a counter to the ghost council, which was previously complained about as being overpowered against evil.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2019, 01:08:24 PM »
it's only gamebreaking if the villagers choose to trust them implicitly. All that sets the wildcard apart from a regular evil player is that their ghost can't be identified, normally. it's a counter to the ghost council, which was previously complained about as being overpowered against evil.

This game the wildcard got everyone's role  ::)

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2019, 01:10:09 PM »
It should be that way next game too. It didn't break the game, but it made it difficult.

Maybe don't give the Penguin/NASA roles to the wildcard though, so there is a little detective work to be done on that side of the game.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2019, 01:16:51 PM »
The biggest effect that had this game was because the villagers didn't know that was the case.
The problem with the wildcard getting everything would be that they could just post everything as soon as night falls, and the psychic dies, because the evil teams can contact each other through them.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2019, 02:04:52 PM »
I guess that depends on the person playing the role. We need an ethical liar.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2019, 03:06:22 PM »
I'm not going to play any game where the wildcard is given everyone's roles, again.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bom Tishop

« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »
I'm not going to play any game where the wildcard is given everyone's roles, again.

Wasn't supposed to be that way to begin with.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2019, 03:42:04 PM »
it has potential as a gimmick if the villagers know about it and can react accordingly, but that assumes the wildcard takes one specific playstyle. If they don't they just make the game not fun for other players (even if it is kinda hilarious hearing about what's happening for an evil team member).