Missing "now playing" thread

• 7 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Most Forum Legend
Missing "now playing" thread
« on: January 20, 2019, 10:58:58 PM »
We had a topic in "Arts & Entertainment " subforum. We've used to use there as archive and recorded our favorite songs. Some of them was our favorite songs are found after several years. But a day, it disappeared without any warning.

Can somebody bring it back? At least, bring back it and give us a time to back up them to anywhere.

So much so that, I've recorded that some songs I found some of them after 20 years and more. I'm close to crying. What kind of a heartless human can do this brutality? :'(

this workplace is on strike

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
Re: Missing "now playing" thread
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 11:05:09 PM »
There's about the only thing you can do.

Keep writing to John Davis. Be polite but be persistent. When you catch him ask him if he has a backup for this site.

Good luck.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Most Forum Legend
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 02:10:44 AM »
There's about the only thing you can do.

Keep writing to John Davis. Be polite but be persistent. When you catch him ask him if he has a backup for this site.

Good luck.

Thanks. But,.. but... This is the way I have already thought about it. I could done it by the way you've mentioned. But I've preferred to chose this subforum, because of creating public opinion and taking support of others. By this way it takes more interest of admin, I think.

As far as I get it, you do not disturbed of disappearing the now playing thread. Otherwise, you would added your thoughts about it instead of offering me a way. If you know that way, so you could do it. So you are comfortable and/or happy of disappearing this thread, right?

Good morning.

this workplace is on strike

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • V is for Viceroy
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 05:48:08 AM »
I most certainly am not okay with it. Though it's not a thread that I've used as a jukebox.

Okay there's two other options.

1. The way back machine. I checked this one but the most recent snap shot didn't include the actual thread. It just showed the thread and the number of posts. Older snapshots might have more saved. Not sure though since I'm not an expert of the way back machine.

2.the others. They might have an archive of the thread. It would be years out of date though.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 06:54:02 AM »
Hopefully John will see this thread and see if he can get the thread from the last back up. It will probably be missing a few posts, but not all of them.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

NotSoSkeptical

• HAL 9000 is my friend.
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 07:19:49 AM »
Hopefully John will see this thread and see if he can get the thread from the last back up. It will probably be missing a few posts, but not all of them.

I'm confused at the point of this thread.  Now Playing is stickied to the top.  https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=79120.0
Eternal rest grant to him, O Lord; and let light perpetual shine upon him. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

RAB.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 07:25:00 AM »
Did you read the first post in the thread you linked? The old one was accidentally deleted.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

NotSoSkeptical

• HAL 9000 is my friend.
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 07:27:11 AM »
Did you read the first post in the thread you linked? The old one was accidentally deleted.

No.  That would be something a good mod would do.

And if the old one got deleted, why would you make the new thread have the exact same title name.  A good mod would have called it Now Playing Part 2, Now Playing 2, or even better Now Playing Too.  Are you trying to take my title from me?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:32:43 AM by NotSoSkeptical »
Eternal rest grant to him, O Lord; and let light perpetual shine upon him. May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

RAB.