If the Earth is flat, what's on the other side?

• 15 Replies
« on: December 08, 2005, 05:13:37 PM »
This may have been answered elsewhere.

So, if you're a flat-earther, the Earth is a disk, right? What's on the other side? It's certainly not any of the continents that we know of: they are all supposedly on the same side (like the UN map). The ice wall is at the edge; if we were able to get over the ice wall, we'd be . . . on the other side. Which is made up of what, exactly?

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 08:51:49 AM »
This should also be relatively easy to do... people climb ice walls far higher than 150ft every day.  Why haven't they done so yet?

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 09:45:21 PM »
Can I ask who that guy who wanted to go to the poles is?

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 09:51:55 AM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
Can I ask who that guy who wanted to go to the poles is?

I think that was on a different thread, which I can't recall the location of at the moment.

Is anyone going to actually answer my question?

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 12:03:55 PM »
your guess is as good as mine as to what is over there.

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 07:52:37 PM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
your guess is as good as mine as to what is over there.

this site is a hoax. These supposed "flat earthers" are putting you on.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 03:54:19 PM »
you know all those fat people you've ever bullied that's where they go to hold up the bottom of the earth

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 04:59:45 PM »
In Greek mythology, Atlas was a Titan who was condemned for eternity to hold the heavens upon his shoulders.   No body believes that this is how the world stays in the heavens, but I cannot disprove that that is actually not the case; similarly you cannot say that the Earth is not flat.  All your evidence to date would suggest that it is not true, but you did learn that evidence from some place did you not?

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 05:18:34 AM »
You mean, of course, that so far you have not seen any evidence which has convinced you that the Earth is round. That is not to say that there is not some evidence which would convince you; otherwise you would just be sticking fast to another dogma: that the Earth is round.

Most people have been convinced by the evidence gathered so far that the Earth is round, and this has been the accepted view on and off for more than two thousand years. The idea that the medievals thought that the world was flat is, apparently, a myth.

So: what evidence would convince you? Or is no amount of evidence enough? Do you need to see a round Earth, from space, with your own eyes? Or would this still not suffice?

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 08:04:46 PM »
Bullhorn doesn't really believe in a flat earth. He's putting you on.

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 08:37:09 PM »
Zenyata, WOULD YOU SHUT UP?!?!?! we all know that he dosnt really believe he earth is flat. if he does, thats his problem and we are trying to fixit. if he doesnt then its jus for fun.
efore making fun of someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then your a mile away and you have their shoes.

?

a

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2006, 07:37:32 PM »
oi bullhorn. Do you really think the world is flat. Or is this site just a hoax to piss bored round-earthers off?

?

Sacradotal

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2006, 08:27:24 PM »
Leave Bullhorn alone! He is one of the few enlightened enough, and open minded enough to see the truth.

?

pspunit

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2006, 10:19:00 PM »
or maybe he's too close-minded to see the truth (earth=sphere)
Three people of different nationalities walk into the bar. Two of them say something smart, and the third one makes a mockery of his fellow countrymen by acting dumb."

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 07:40:23 AM »
Quote from: "Mundi"

So: what evidence would convince you? Or is no amount of evidence enough? Do you need to see a round Earth, from space, with your own eyes? Or would this still not suffice?

Then they'd say that there was a TV screen instead of a window, playing a video faked by the Illuminati.

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2006, 10:52:08 AM »
Apart from the Illuminati bit, this has already been suggested by posters elsewhere. No, I'm not kidding.