GPS Requires Satellites

• 102 Replies
GPS Requires Satellites
« on: January 11, 2019, 12:03:16 PM »
<reserved>
Let's start!

GPS Requires Satellites
GPS does not require satellites to function. It uses very accurate clocks.

We agree the clocks are accurate.  We have to be careful about the use of the word 'requires' when we should use the word 'uses'.

Receivers give the location of each satellite they are receiving from, can be up to 20 with the various system from US, Russia, Europe etc.  Reception is consistent with there not being ground based transmitters.  Particularly Russian ones in the US!

Similarly satellite TV dishes point to locations over the equator consistent with globe calculations.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: GPS Requires Satellites
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:08:23 PM »
<reserved>
Let's start!

GPS Requires Satellites

We agree the clocks are accurate.  We have to be careful about the use of the word 'requires' when we should use the word 'uses'.

Receivers give the location of each satellite they are receiving from, can be up to 20 with the various system from US, Russia, Europe etc.  Reception is consistent with there not being ground based transmitters.  Particularly Russian ones in the US!

Similarly satellite TV dishes point to locations over the equator consistent with globe calculations.
This is not a thread about whether or not each particular point is correct; it is about the behavior when presented with logical and reasonable refutals of their nonsense cult indoctrinated beliefs. I have split this off now.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:10:29 PM by John Davis »

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 12:15:27 PM »
Nonsense cult indoctrination beliefs??

Is this what the kids are calling facts these days?
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 12:16:53 PM »
<reserved>
Let's start!

GPS Requires Satellites

This is not a thread about whether or not each particular point is correct; it is about the behavior when presented with logical and reasonable refutals of their nonsense cult indoctrinated beliefs. I have split this off now.
A reasonable refutal of GPS would be details of how it operates without satellites with documentation (proof).

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 02:03:55 PM »
<reserved>
Let's start!

GPS Requires Satellites

A reasonable refutal of GPS would be details of how it operates without satellites with documentation (proof).

GPS is one of the many subjects that is out of bounds according to flatino doctrine.

The fact  that the majority of  cars that roll off the various automotive production lines around the world has GPS fitted as standard makes this one of the many issues that flatinos just say no to.

They try to explain it away with a mixture of balloons and towers but as we all know GPS is also used by ocean going container ships.....no balloons no towers in the mid Atlantic or Pacific! That’s why they just say no.

JackBlack

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 02:04:55 PM »
This is not a thread about whether or not each particular point is correct; it is about the behavior when presented with logical and reasonable refutals
So you were just intending on preaching and not allowing any logical and reasonable rebuttals to your claims?

If you are trying to present arguments which FEers reject without logic or reason, then you aren't providing that the REers are indoctrinated.
The current implementation require satellites.

If you are trying to nitpick and say it doesn't require them and instead just uses them, then it isn't showing they are indoctrinated. It just shows you are nitpicking at semantics.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 02:12:31 PM »
OK, I'll agree that GPS does not require satellites and quite a number of earth-based stations are used.

But that is not evidence that GPS does not use satellites.

?

JCM

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 04:30:09 PM »
Someone at Sirius owes me some money because it keeps cutting out every time my car pulls into my garage, car washes, heavy storms even...  Don’t they know satellites aren’t real?  Why are they using such weak radio signals that can’t even go through a building?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 06:48:45 PM »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 07:16:33 PM »
This is another possible v. plausible argument.  Is it possible that GPS doesn't require satellites?  I would agree that in a given state of affairs, we could establish that GPS is determined using some other method (a.k.a. Voskhod Globus IMP, but that opens another can of worms).  Is it plausible?  Well, for starters a clockwork GPS, similar to the aforementioned Russian navigation system, requires some admission that their space program was real, or at least parts of it.  Additionally, we would need some level of proof that these devices exist.  Yes, you could say that this phony GPS we currently use day in and day out utilizes this clockwork function rather than triangulation from multiple orbiting satellites. 

Here's where it gets problematic; first, why do these clockwork devices become unreliable indoors?  Second, why does the military have the ability to jam these devices, rendering them either useless or highly degraded (very inaccurate)?  Could someone from the society explain what sort of phenomena causes a GPS device to become unreliable indoors or how an external signal of sufficient strength causes the device to become less accurate or not usable?
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

JackBlack

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 07:17:18 PM »

Notice how they are sitting on buildings? That is a dead giveaway that they aren't satellites.

GPS doesn't use them.
If it did, it wouldn't have the coverage that it does.

As for your latest sig, it shows just how sad you are. You trying to use your feet to just force your way through the globalists, while they use their head and stop you.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 07:30:03 PM »

Those are not photos of satellites of any kind let alone GPS satellites!

Please explain how I can get a GPS lock when flying hundreds of kilometres from any land because I've done that a number of times.

Gumwars

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 07:32:21 PM »
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 07:42:40 PM »

Those are cellular antennas.

And the other one is satellite but not a cgi, right? Because you did not mention it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Gumwars

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 07:44:48 PM »

Those are cellular antennas.

And the other one is satellite but not a cgi, right? Because you did not mention it.

I would gather that is really an artist's impression.  I don't think satellites come with selfie sticks.

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2019, 08:24:30 PM »

I've used GPS navigation and a satellite phone in places so remote you can't even get TV or radio signal for hundreds of miles. Why do GPS and satellite phone still work when there is no buildings just forest.

JackBlack

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2019, 09:06:08 PM »
It was an artist's impression. It was clearly labelled as such. No it isn't a real photo.
Just what did you want mentioned about it?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2019, 09:09:20 PM »
OK, I'll agree that GPS does not require satellites and quite a number of earth-based stations are used.

Cheers. I can agree with that.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 09:39:56 PM »
It was an artist's impression. It was clearly labelled as such. No it isn't a real photo.
Just what did you want mentioned about it?
Is this an "artist's impression"?
Quote from: Alan Cameron
First GPS III satellite flies to historic perch in space, January 8, 2019

SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket orbited the first GPS III satellite on Dec. 23, 2018. (Photo: SpaceX)

By Jan. 2, the satellite had circularized its orbit at an altitude of 12,550 miles to begin a period of checkout and testing that could last up to 18 months, before entering service. The satellite, built by Lockheed Martin, will serve in space for 15 years.

Known as GPS III SV01 and nicknamed “Vespucci,” it is the first in a new generation of GPS navigation stations with improved services and longer lifetimes to ensure the U.S. military-run network remains available to troops and civil users around the world for decades to come.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

After several delays, the first GPS III satellite has successfully deployed from the SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket,
which launched from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida at 8:51 a.m. EST on Dec. 23. (Photo: Lockheed Martin)

GPS III SV01 was originally scheduled to ride aboard a United Launch Alliance (ULA) Delta IV M+ rocket. ULA and its prime partners, Lockheed-Martin and Boeing, have conducted every GPS satellite launch since the start of the program. However, due to an assortment of issues variously involving delayed technology development and lawsuits regarding competitive bidding, the Air Force re-opened the contract process as part of its Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) program — “evolved” signifying that the rocket can be recovered and reused.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 10:33:02 PM »
GPS was invented by Dr. Friedwardt Winterberg, in 1955, at the age of 26, he was Heisenberg's best student. He obtained his PhD at the Max Planck Institute in Goettingen, Germany. He has published over 260 papers on nuclear fusion and plasma physics.

Dr. Winterberg is a staunch proponent of ether theory.

http://bourabai.kz/winter/planck-e.htm

Here is his formidable article on the relationship between the Sagnac effect and ether theory:

http://zfn.mpdl.mpg.de/data/Reihe_A/44/ZNA-1989-44a-1145.pdf

Substratum Interpretation of the Sagnac and the Aharonov-Bohm effect
Dr. Friedwardt Winterberg

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 10:38:14 PM »
GPS was invented by Dr. Friedwardt Winterberg, in 1955, at the age of 26, he was Heisenberg's best student. He obtained his PhD at the Max Planck Institute in Goettingen, Germany. He has published over 260 papers on nuclear fusion and plasma physics.

Dr. Winterberg is a staunch proponent of ether theory.

http://bourabai.kz/winter/planck-e.htm

Here is his formidable article on the relationship between the Sagnac effect and ether theory:

http://zfn.mpdl.mpg.de/data/Reihe_A/44/ZNA-1989-44a-1145.pdf

Substratum Interpretation of the Sagnac and the Aharonov-Bohm effect
Dr. Friedwardt Winterberg

Thank you for this important research. I am glad to see you again. Are you aware of the discord in Eastern Europe?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 11:11:48 PM »
Are you aware of the discord in Eastern Europe?

Disagreement over what subject? Political, scientific?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2019, 11:30:17 PM »
Scientific. Our view travels further than we think... Latest correspondences seem to realize that in certain countries we are a élan de force. The Amalafi coast hosts one believer of worth... If that is not tenable go to the North.

JackBlack

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2019, 01:43:27 AM »
GPS was invented by Dr. Friedwardt Winterberg
No it wasn't.
He was the guy that decided that putting atomic clocks in orbit around Earth would be a good test of relativity. He was right and showed that relativity was likely correct.

GPS was invented by a collection of people.

Even if he did invent it his views on the aether are irrelevant.

Again, if you want to make such appeals to authority you have already lost, all the authorities you try to use accept Earth is round.

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2019, 01:45:40 AM »

Cheers. I can agree with that.
It would be interesting to know the location of some earth based GPS transmitters, do you know of any?

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 01:51:19 AM »
So, how do you get cell phone service friend?

JackBlack

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2019, 02:05:41 AM »
From a method completely different to GPS signals as I can have cellular reception without GPS and GPS without cellular.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 02:13:19 AM »
its a Christmas Miracle!

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 02:20:54 AM »
We are discussing GPS, a completely different system.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2019, 02:30:03 AM »
No, I'm pretty sure me and sandokhan, the great, were discussing something else. So nice of you to join us though.