WP IX The Templars Map (Game ON)

• 876 Replies

DuckDodgers

• One Duck to Rule Them All
  • What's supposed to go here?
Re: WP IX The Templars Map (Game ON)
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2019, 06:49:28 AM »
I would like to explore the Marisco Tavern to hunt for the clue.
markjo, what force can not pass through a solid or liquid?
Magnetism for one and electric is the other.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2019, 06:50:26 AM »
Also, I prefer top start of a game by killing someone, especially with 4 evils to happen upon.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2019, 06:55:04 AM »
Sorry dead people, I'll stop digging you up
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

DuckDodgers

« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2019, 07:06:49 AM »
I've actually changed my mind and wish to venture to the cairn next to Tibbett's Hill.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2019, 07:14:40 AM »

Which bit of the tavern (and why?) do you wish to search, as it is a large building with many rooms, a random search is unlikely to find anything. Oh! now it's Tibbets hill!
I mean why not just say I search the island Jura, for reasons? I mean dammit man do you think me a fool, a clue demands some respect, from this point on I want at least a cursory reason why you think so and so place has piqued your interest, lest I have the Sisters knee-cap you for wasting my damn time!
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2019, 07:21:58 AM »
I'm going to search the tavern too. Albeit for snacks. I'm hoping for maltesers.

On a meta note now, where do we stand on voting? Remember, if we don't vote to lynch, the scam artist could take matters into their own hands.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2019, 07:27:25 AM »
I'm going to search the tavern too. Albeit for snacks. I'm hoping for maltesers.

On a meta note now, where do we stand on voting? Remember, if we don't vote to lynch, the scam artist could take matters into their own hands.

Votes that I saw:

1 NSS
1 Wise
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #187 on: January 14, 2019, 07:31:01 AM »
I'm going to search the Hut Circle.

Just did some research.

I'm going to search the cemetery at Beacon Hill.  There are some celtic inscribed stones there.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 07:46:36 AM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #188 on: January 14, 2019, 07:52:34 AM »
Junker has been quiet so far.
Maybe he's biding his time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to stab someone in the back...

DuckDodgers

« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2019, 08:02:57 AM »

Which bit of the tavern (and why?) do you wish to search, as it is a large building with many rooms, a random search is unlikely to find anything. Oh! now it's Tibbets hill!
I mean why not just say I search the island Jura, for reasons? I mean dammit man do you think me a fool, a clue demands some respect, from this point on I want at least a cursory reason why you think so and so place has piqued your interest, lest I have the Sisters knee-cap you for wasting my damn time!
The place where nomads sleep obviously refers to a burial site, as Gayer thought also. There is a lookout spot near Tibbett's Hill and a cairn close by. My only other thought of where it could be is the northern plateau where archaeologists found remnants of grass huts.

Junker

« Reply #190 on: January 14, 2019, 08:21:33 AM »
Junker has been quiet so far.
Maybe he's biding his time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to stab someone in the back...

I am actually still working on interpreting the OP. Jura's writing style is that of Joseph Conrad, if Conrad were afflicted simultaneously with Asperger's, Tourette's, and a sprinkle of autism.

Also this game is far more complicated than the previous versions I have played, so I am just reading comments trying to figure things out.

I am a werewolf, btw.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #191 on: January 14, 2019, 08:25:54 AM »

The place where nomads sleep obviously refers to a burial site, as Gayer thought also. There is a lookout spot near Tibbett's Hill and a cairn close by. My only other thought of where it could be is the northern plateau where archaeologists found remnants of grass huts.

Let me show you the post in response to Lady Gayers request to dig the Giants grave:

Flushed with success and now fully on the trail she decided sleep was synonymous with death and the giants graves were a good place to start.
Armed  with a spade from the farm buildings she set about digging up a 9th century burial site protected under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979, in a manner that sent a shiver through the souls of archaeologists within a  hundred mile radius, and found nothing, looking at a more detailed map she realised that there were many burial sites on the island, to dig them all would not only be a major undertaking, but would probably see her in court for crimes against humanity.

To simplify, No, not in a grave!

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2019, 08:28:15 AM »

Jura's writing style is that of Joseph Conrad, if Conrad were afflicted simultaneously with Asperger's, Tourette's, and a sprinkle of autism.

I bet you say that to all the girls.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2019, 08:36:19 AM »
Question. Will all of the clues be based on Lundy Island?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

DuckDodgers

« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2019, 08:38:34 AM »
Okay, I think I've got it. The next clue points to Benson's Cave. Thomas Benson was a merchant, living a nomadic life for trade. He stored contraband in this very cave.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #195 on: January 14, 2019, 08:43:46 AM »
Question. Will all of the clues be based on Lundy Island?

All the clues will be Lundy based, in all its myriad hues, yes.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #196 on: January 14, 2019, 08:47:55 AM »
Okay, I think I've got it. The next clue points to Benson's Cave. Thomas Benson was a merchant, living a nomadic life for trade. He stored contraband in this very cave.

Indeed he did, and it was. If I had thought of it, that would have been the answer, unfortunately I thought of something else, so it isn't, but that is much better.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #197 on: January 14, 2019, 08:57:01 AM »
I found a Best Buy on Lundy Island and bought a new computer. I will be fussing with it for a few hours, imo. I am happy not to lynch anyone on the first day, since we could end up killing off an important villager. The ghost council is important, but with a wildcard on the loose we can't rely on that.

STAY SAFE, EVERYONE.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

DuckDodgers

« Reply #198 on: January 14, 2019, 09:04:14 AM »

Indeed he did, and it was. If I had thought of it, that would have been the answer, unfortunately I thought of something else, so it isn't, but that is much better.
Last guess for me. I check the floor boards of the Old Farmhouse, which has been converted to lodging for visitors, or nomads to sleep. Maybe one of the floorboard are loose hiding their treasure.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2019, 09:10:06 AM »

Nope, and it's not the visitors, (to stop people listing all the properties).

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2019, 09:13:09 AM »
I am actually still working on interpreting the OP. Jura's writing style is that of Joseph Conrad, if Conrad were afflicted simultaneously with Asperger's, Tourette's, and a sprinkle of autism.

Also this game is far more complicated than the previous versions I have played, so I am just reading comments trying to figure things out.

I am a werewolf, btw.
Alright. I'm the bodyguard, so if you want guarding I want mod privileges on the other site.
That goes for SCG and boydster, too.
Make me a mod and I'll save your life. ;)

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2019, 09:17:32 AM »
I dig at the Hut Circle.
Rabinoz RIP

DuckDodgers

« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2019, 09:42:34 AM »
For my next search, I go to the tavern and begin search the bottom of whiskey bottles. Perhaps the answer will come to me in a drunken stupor. On another note, we really are currently leaving things up to a potential scam artist, particularly if one of our quick exiters are the scam artist. If we dont lynch, they get to make that decision for us.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #203 on: January 14, 2019, 10:24:28 AM »
Well I was initially favoring Jane, but since Wise seems to want the villagers to lose, I returned the favor and evened it up.
Rabinoz RIP

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #204 on: January 14, 2019, 10:24:47 AM »
Well I'm going to check out the plateau where the migratory birds visit and rest before carrying on their journey south (or north, I dunno)
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #205 on: January 14, 2019, 10:29:37 AM »
My attempts to make a raven say Nevermore ended with me getting glared at. I'm going to see if I can convince them to leave bird poop on NSS's stuff. More on this story as it develops.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #206 on: January 14, 2019, 10:31:36 AM »
My attempts to make a raven say Nevermore ended with me getting glared at. I'm going to see if I can convince them to leave bird poop on NSS's stuff. More on this story as it develops.
As a response to this, I'm going to take a fat dump on NSS's stuff.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #207 on: January 14, 2019, 10:45:41 AM »

They and TheLordBarst will have to compete with wise.  He seems to want to poop on my stuff first.

Also I didn't have any stuff, so I borrowed some of everyone's stuff for the time being.  Didn't want them to not have anything to poop on.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 10:48:14 AM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2019, 10:47:53 AM »
Also: Bullwinkle, Gayer, SCG.
And I have two suspects for wildcard. Just to get it out there.

Back to the raven...

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2019, 11:09:10 AM »
I need to go to bed and the day is ending soon - what shall we do about lynching now there's been a couple of votes?