WP IX The Templars Map (Game ON)

• 876 Replies

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
Re: WP IX The Templars Map (Game ON)
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2019, 11:02:51 PM »
Can we lynch NSS for being annoying?

I vote we use strategy rather than chance otherwise what's the fucking point?

I agree this for logic and strategy. otherwise, game turns to the backgammon or poker. First day, we have a chance do mistake. But after that we have do more research and strategy depends on general behaviours of players. In this respect, psichic and ghost council is important point. This night they have to work good. If someone seems most suspicious so psichic has to query about it. By this way, we can win without get any risk. at this point, it is important that people report what they see as suspicious, this enlights the way of psichic.

NSS had support of his partner in past game. There are some players here believe stay NASA and penguins to 1 and 1 then kill. But I believe that it is better exhaust a team than hold two of them. Because if one team ends then we lose only a player in per night.

So that I believe we have to consantrate the supporter of NSS after now.

I'll bet you are wrong.  If you are so sure that I'm NASA or a penguin wise, put down a wager.  You can name anything you want.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2019, 11:04:26 PM »
Anyone got any ideas about the first clue?

First clue?? What is this?

Also, is the game actually started? Is it day or night?
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2019, 11:06:44 PM »

If we lynch on the first day, it is completely by chance.  So if we are talking about lynching on day 1, it is chance.  There is no strategy about it.

Lynching me would be ill-advised, but if you want to, by all means take your swing, you will be wrong and worse off for it.

This is another wrong strategy. We can win only by lynching every day someone. If we wait for during days without lynch anybody, then evils will kill all of us in nights one by one. Come on, we are villagers can kill only days. If we pass the days without lynching how can we win? Good strategy for evil team? But it will not wash us.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2019, 11:14:55 PM »

Jura is running a mini-game as part of the narration, like when Pez narrated.  I would prefer RP than talk about game strategies.  Takes away the fun of the RP and narration.

Yes the game is started.  It is Day time on Day 1.  Game start was ~630PM Eastern Time.  There was a post by Jura.

So far wise doesn't have a clue, and Jane is trying her standard cozy up to everyone tactic with let's discuss strategy to kill the enemy.  I think we should wait for more responses.  But I'm willing to take a chance at a Day 1 lynching.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2019, 11:17:40 PM »

If we lynch on the first day, it is completely by chance.  So if we are talking about lynching on day 1, it is chance.  There is no strategy about it.

Lynching me would be ill-advised, but if you want to, by all means take your swing, you will be wrong and worse off for it.

This is another wrong strategy. We can win only by lynching every day someone. If we wait for during days without lynch anybody, then evils will kill all of us in nights one by one. Come on, we are villagers can kill only days. If we pass the days without lynching how can we win? Good strategy for evil team? But it will not wash us.

Fail.  No where did I say wait to lynch.  I said that lynching on Day 1 is completely by chance.  Strategy requires information.  There isn't enough information on Day Time on the first day to lynch strategically.  It is a swing in the dark.  That doesn't mean that I don't think we shouldn't take that swing.

For being so smart, as you claim, you are clueless and fail at reading comprehension.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:19:12 PM by NotSoSkeptical »
Rabinoz RIP

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2019, 11:29:25 PM »
I maybe do not have a good English but an enough intelligent, though. There maybe a mistake about it but on the first day, people can make mistakes.

we see an absurd player in many ways, who rejects the common logic and drives people to irrational behavior.

there have always been people walking in front of communities. after all, I can't force everyone to act right, and I can't win this game by myself. but I have one vote and I want to evaluate it in the right direction. I actually had different thoughts. but I think the NSS will be my choice for the moment because it makes itself suspicious. even if the rest of the players make a wrong guess, I'm voting for a person to act in the right way.

I've a right to do mistake on first day, but I'll do the best in other days. In this regard;

[I vote to lynch NSS]

for a game that smells cleaner.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2019, 11:30:26 PM »

Jura is running a mini-game as part of the narration, like when Pez narrated.  I would prefer RP than talk about game strategies.  Takes away the fun of the RP and narration.

Yes the game is started.  It is Day time on Day 1.  Game start was ~630PM Eastern Time.  There was a post by Jura.

So far wise doesn't have a clue, and Jane is trying her standard cozy up to everyone tactic with let's discuss strategy to kill the enemy.  I think we should wait for more responses.  But I'm willing to take a chance at a Day 1 lynching.

Ok thanks...I didn't play the game pez narrated... Do you know where the post for the mini game is? Or do you know the rules off the top of your head?
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #157 on: January 13, 2019, 11:37:55 PM »

Ok thanks...I didn't play the game pez narrated... Do you know where the post for the mini game is? Or do you know the rules off the top of your head?

I was wrong on the post time of game start . First post was at 545PM Eastern.  So I assume 530-6PM Eastern is change over time.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=79057.msg2134435#msg2134435

Jura said Map game is linked in the first post of the topic.
Rabinoz RIP

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #158 on: January 13, 2019, 11:41:03 PM »
I maybe do not have a good English but an enough intelligent, though. There maybe a mistake about it but on the first day, people can make mistakes.

we see an absurd player in many ways, who rejects the common logic and drives people to irrational behavior.

there have always been people walking in front of communities. after all, I can't force everyone to act right, and I can't win this game by myself. but I have one vote and I want to evaluate it in the right direction. I actually had different thoughts. but I think the NSS will be my choice for the moment because it makes itself suspicious. even if the rest of the players make a wrong guess, I'm voting for a person to act in the right way.

I've a right to do mistake on first day, but I'll do the best in other days. In this regard;

[I vote to lynch NSS]

HAHA.  You guessed wrong.  But what else would we expect from a penguin.
Rabinoz RIP

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #159 on: January 13, 2019, 11:44:12 PM »

[I vote to lynch NSS]

HAHA.  You guessed wrong.  But what else would we expect from a penguin.

So you're a NASA then accusing me made a mistake, right?

Come on, this is first day. You have a right to vote the wise and make a mistake too. I thought you don't like strategy. Simple men acts without thinking. Lets go pengi. ;D
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #160 on: January 13, 2019, 11:50:05 PM »
I prefer not to lynch on the first day because it is purely chance, better to wait and see what the night brings and see what people say and do during the first day and night.
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #161 on: January 13, 2019, 11:51:31 PM »
I've been reading through those links on the first post to try and figure out the clue but no luck
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2019, 12:21:56 AM »
I do not want to affect the decision of players but we have to force Nss team make mistake by forcing them use diplomat or scam artist if they have. They can convert votes through me by using the diplomat, if they have. In this respect; I've sacrificed myself in benefit of rest of villagers. They can lead votings against me or protect nss by using scam artist with extra 2 votes, but we'll learn NSS's partner when they do this. For give his partner make a mistake how Jura did in past game by forced by NSS, I recommend everybody vote NSS, then his partner will reveal himself by himself. I'll be become a ghost council member and we'll learn one of two evil teams.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2019, 12:35:41 AM »
I've been reading through those links on the first post to try and figure out the clue but no luck

Just a general help here, the clues, all the clues are to do with the island, its history, natural history and the people that have made lasting impressions, the links themselves won't give you all you need you may have to dig further.

CFC, all rule changes, extras, etc I will add to the very first post, it would be a good idea to check this from time to time.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2019, 12:38:26 AM »

Just a general help here, the clues, all the clues are to do with the island, its history, natural history and the people that have made lasting impressions, the links themselves won't give you all you need you may have to dig further.

CFC, all rule changes, extras, etc I will add to the very first post, it would be a good idea to check this from time to time.

Cheers. This will be fun, the island's history seems really interesting

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2019, 12:39:31 AM »
I do not want to affect the decision of players but we have to force Nss team make mistake by forcing them use diplomat or scam artist if they have. They can convert votes through me by using the diplomat, if they have. In this respect; I've sacrificed myself in benefit of rest of villagers. They can lead votings against me or protect nss by using scam artist with extra 2 votes, but we'll learn NSS's partner when they do this. For give his partner make a mistake how Jura did in past game by forced by NSS, I recommend everybody vote NSS, then his partner will reveal himself by himself. I'll be become a ghost council member and we'll learn one of two evil teams.

I doubt they're going to make that mistake after seeing how it worked out last time.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2019, 12:53:33 AM »

I doubt they're going to make that mistake after seeing how it worked out last time.

NSS isn't a man who has an ability to can learn from his mistakes.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2019, 02:48:44 AM »
Jura, regarding the first clue, I want to go search at the VC Quarry

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2019, 03:05:44 AM »
We were discussing with NSS about principles and he said he has to lynch everybody without any logic. Most trusties are most dangereous ones in his opinion. Then I said we need logic and strategy. After that colonel said this:

This means he thinks NSS as evil. Since I have not enough English I've decided there is enough evidence to believe NSS!s being an evil.

And boydster was write this:

I guess because I was the penguin in the last 3 games, I must be one this time.

He admits it!

When I look at the dictionary,

admit:
1    Yaygın Kullanım    admit f.    kabul etmek    (approve f.)
2    Yaygın Kullanım    admit f.    itiraf etmek  (confess)

If he has admitted his crime so why don't we lynch him? Then I see that nobody follow me right now.

There is a story about Timur the King of Persians and Nasrettin Hodja. Relevant with this issue.

Timur had a great army and includes thousands of elephants. Timur sends the elephants to villages around for villagers to feed them. Timur sends two of elephants to village where Nasreddin lives. After a while, villagers start to complain, because elephants eat and finish everything. They find the nasrettin hodja who one of the leaders in the region. Nasreddin Hodja calls them create a committee to send the Timur. When villagers create a committee he will do leadership to this committee and they will go to Timur alltogether under leadership of Nasreddin.

Villagers create a committee includes 100 villager, they take the road of palace of Timur under the leadership of Nasreddin Hodja. when they come near the palace, they see many magnificent structures. some of the villagers are curious about these structures, enters them and they don't come back. on the way, when they saw the saracens ready, some villagers panic and retreat to the home. when they go further, elephants are ready to wait on them with archers, and some villagers return their homes with in fear. when they enter the palace, there is a prison area full of crocodiles, and the rest of the villagers refuse to proceed because they fear the Timur will punish them. Nasreddin Hodja comes across the Timur. timur asks him what he wants.

Nasrettin starts to talk: "these are the villagers behind me complain of your elephants..."

Then Nasrettin turns his back and can't see anybody there. this time it's time to panic time for Nasrettin.  Timur yells with anger: "what happens if they complained!!"

Nasrettin continues: "Sir. They was complaining but I've convinced them. They are so glad because of your elephants now. they use elephants and the elephants are very helpful to our village. if you give 2 more elephants, the rest of our village will be pleased."

in similar situations, this story is told in our culture. I feel like a nasrettin Hodja in front of Timur right now.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #169 on: January 14, 2019, 03:21:01 AM »

The Colonel felt a deep attachment to this island, surrounded by wrecks and with its history of piracy, no body here questioned her about her clothing choices and for the first time the parrot seemed at home, natural.

She’d immersed herself in the books and rum while others bickered “For the defence of India and a little bit of bronze cannon”, WTF?
But then she read of John Harman who died in Burma in the second world war and was awarded the Victoria cross, there was even a memorial stone to him in the quarry on the east side of the  island, as he was the son of the owner of Lundy at that time, looking further, he died at the battle of Kohima, fighting the Japanese, and that wasn’t in Burma but India, but what about the cannon, she read further, the VC wasn’t made of gold or silver but bronze, traditionally  from a cannon captured at the siege of Sevastopol during the Crimean war, she had it! It's in the Quarry.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 04:23:40 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2019, 03:45:40 AM »

Reaching under the granite rock the plaque to John Pennington Harman VC, graced, Colonel Gaydafi felt something metallic, and with that elation, she was right. Her finger tips could just grasp it, it felt like a tube, a map tube?

Opening it was a bitch, screwed tight with some sort of stringy stuff in the threads to keep the water out, inside was rolled paper with writing on, even shorter than the last clue.

Look below where the nomad sleeps……….. Bugger! Back to the books, and a rum, she was perished.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2019, 03:48:34 AM »

Reaching under the granite rock the plaque to John Pennington Harman VC, graced, Colonel Gaydafi felt something metallic, and with that elation, she was right. Her finger tips could just grasp it, it felt like a tube, a map tube?

Opening it was a bitch, screwed tight with some sort of stringy stuff in the threads to keep the water out, inside was rolled paper with writing on, even shorter than the last clue.

Look below where the nomad sleeps……….. Bugger! Back to the books, and a rum, she was perished.

You're giving hints, but this is unjustice. Because I can not get anything about evils and wild card caused by language barreer. Seems an epic but means nothing to me. Either write me Turkish hints, or explain what you mean, or directly give me the names.  ;D
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2019, 03:53:09 AM »
I don't care about your or Jane's or anyone else's strategy at this point in the game.  I care about my team, Team Villagers, winning the game.  And until I know 100% that a player is a villager, I do not trust them. 
That is the point of talking strategy. Your approach of just dumb luck, even on day one, means the four evil team members and possible wildcard get as much of a say as any villager. Using strategy, looking at the people who actually are acting odd, is objective. If I point out someone who I think is acting strangely, you can agree or disagree; if you agree, you can then determine if that is sufficient grounds to suspect them. While if you disagree you can then eye me for trying to manufacture a suspect and decide if that's sufficient grounds. Absolutely none of that requires you to trust me. Strategy is independent of the person saying it, whether or not it works is down purely to how suspiciously someone is acting.

And reminder, I've been saying this in every damn game including those where you knew for a fact that I was innocent. So how about bloody growing up? If you want to rp, go right ahead and do that, no one is stopping you! You were the one that decided to kick up a thoroughly ridiculous fuss, you are the one that's neglected to actually do it.
Personally I think people stuck on an island with vicious penguins are going to want to spend their time figuring out who on earth is guilty. The first night has never taught us nearly as much as the way people post.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2019, 04:15:17 AM »

Look below where the nomad sleeps………..

You're giving hints, but this is unjustice. Because I can not get anything about evils and wild card caused by language barreer. Seems an epic but means nothing to me. Either write me Turkish hints, or explain what you mean, or directly give me the names.  ;D

Mmm.. Not sure I can help you here, I assure you my Turkish is worse than your English.

These clues are not about "Evils or wildcards" though, just the position of what might be a flat-earth map left by the Templar's.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2019, 05:08:20 AM »

Look below where the nomad sleeps………..

Mmm.. Not sure I can help you here, I assure you my Turkish is worse than your English.

These clues are not about "Evils or wildcards" though, just the position of what might be a flat-earth map left by the Templar's.

I really don't get anything. We use mmm for good foods. If you said hmm then I would consider you're thinking about something.

Okay, I believe you are worse in Turkish than my English. As far as I understand there is nothing for me in your hints. Because I've already a map.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2019, 05:20:25 AM »
I have a sneaking suspicion that this is going to be somewhere on Lundy Island.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2019, 05:32:33 AM »

The Colonel felt a deep attachment to this island, surrounded by wrecks and with its history of piracy, no body here questioned her about her clothing choices and for the first time the parrot seemed at home, natural.

She’d immersed herself in the books and rum while others bickered “For the defence of India and a little bit of bronze cannon”, WTF?
But then she read of John Harman who died in Burma in the second world war and was awarded the Victoria cross, there was even a memorial stone to him in the quarry on the east side of the  island, as he was the son of the owner of Lundy at that time, looking further, he died at the battle of Kohima, fighting the Japanese, and that wasn’t in Burma but India, but what about the cannon, she read further, the VC wasn’t made of gold or silver but bronze, traditionally  from a cannon captured at the siege of Sevastopol during the Crimean war, she had it! It's in the Quarry.

Woo! I am going to find that map!

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2019, 05:44:52 AM »

Gayer decides to check out the Giants' Graves

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2019, 06:20:08 AM »

Flushed with success and now fully on the trail she decided sleep was synonymous with death and the giants graves were a good place to start.
Armed  with a spade from the farm buildings she set about digging up a 9th century burial site protected under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979, in a manner that sent a shiver through the souls of archaeologists within a  hundred mile radius, and found nothing, looking at a more detailed map she realised that there were many burial sites on the island, to dig them all would not only be a major undertaking, but would probably see her in court for crimes against humanity.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2019, 06:47:07 AM »
[I vote to lynch wise] for being a moron.
Rabinoz RIP