WP IX The Templars Map (Game ON)

• 876 Replies

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
Re: WP IX The Templars Map (Game ON)
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2019, 01:37:51 PM »
No, I don't use a RNG.  I think the whole discussion of strategy in game takes away from other points within the game.  Pez did an excellent narration by holding a mini-game.  I think Jura is doing something similar.  Let the game play out.  You want to run your strategy, go ahead, just don't post about it in the game.  It takes away from it and makes the game about focusing on what someone posts rather than the storyline provided by the Narrator.
The whole point of strategy is to post about it, to see if it's just me, or if other people agree and it's worth pursuing, and to see how people react. It doesn't take away from anything, no one's stopping you from making roleplay posts too, it's not preventing Jura from posting, it just adds a degree of actual interactivity. Worst case it's no better than chance, but given that's all you've offered (and seriously, how is that not just RNG?) I'm happy with a game where the players can actually do something.

It's possible to focus on more than one thing.

You give credit to a lot of people. 

The same people play the game, so why don't you just PM them to get their opinion.  As you said, this isn't the first time you used it, so it shouldn't be new to everyone.  So there is no reason to post about your strategy openly.

I think you posting your strategy is a ploy to make yourself look innocent.  That's more suspicious then me being an intollerable jerk that posts randomly with no apparent sense to the postings.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2019, 01:38:40 PM »
wise, the only reason I think we should lynch CFC is because he doesn't want to play.

NSS, you ain't the boss of werepenguin. If people want to strategize they will.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2019, 01:45:13 PM »

The same people play the game, so why don't you just PM them to get their opinion.  As you said, this isn't the first time you used it, so it shouldn't be new to everyone.  So there is no reason to post about your strategy openly.

I think you posting your strategy is a ploy to make yourself look innocent.  That's more suspicious then me being an intollerable jerk that posts randomly with no apparent sense to the postings.
Yes, it's a ploy that I use in absolutely every game where I am an innocent villager, so it must be a ploy I'm using to make myself merely look innocent this time, genius!

I post publicly because it's good to see how people react, and if I just PM a bunch of people it's a) irritating, b) pointless because it achieves basically the same thing as posting publicly.
Don't make the mistake of assuming I'm posting all of my thoughts, I'm talking to people in PMs too, when I post in the thread it's just something that's more standout or something that I think's worth people considering. You'll notice I haven't talked much about the people I think are innocent, beyond the basic 'you and Wise seem guilty as sin when you're saving kittens so I haven't got a bloody clue how to read you.'

I don't suspect you because you're obnoxious, I'm only starting to suspect you because you're being bloody stupid, and you're still refusing to say how on earth chance isn't just RNG, and why that works better or is any more interesting to play than actually having interactive strategy.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2019, 01:45:57 PM »
wise, the only reason I think we should lynch CFC is because he doesn't want to play.

Never said I was.  And neither is Jane.  I think you should let her know that.  She likes to put herself on this pedestal and be critical of everyone else and thinks her approach is the best.  I think she is posting as a deflection.  What better way to hide yourself then to come out and claim we need to be strategic.  But my criticism of her posting and my opinions are seen as counter to the Jane is so smart mantra.  So oh well.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2019, 01:53:49 PM »
Never said I was.  And neither is Jane.  I think you should let her know that.  She likes to put herself on this pedestal and be critical of everyone else and thinks her approach is the best.  I think she is posting as a deflection.  What better way to hide yourself then to come out and claim we need to be strategic.  But my criticism of her posting and my opinions are seen as counter to the Jane is so smart mantra.  So oh well.
Wha?
I'm saying we shouldn't rely on RNG because judging people by what they post is more reliable.
You are saying we should rely on chance, which somehow isn't RNG, and that I'm suspicious... because of what I post.

For the love of god will you please start making sense at some point?
Criticise me all you want, I welcome it, but have some substance to it beyond "You suck!" So far you've led me on a merry dance from "You just don't want people to vote for you," to "No elaborate strategies," to "No strategies of any kind," to "Chance isn't RNG!" and at no point have you explained how any of that makes sense. Criticise all you want, my objection is when you don't make sense.
If strategy's not our best bet, explain how chance is better.

You don't get to call strategy a bad option, and then immediately accuse me based on deducing motive from what I write. Hate to break it to you mate, but that's strategy.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2019, 01:59:46 PM »

Yes, it's a ploy that I use in absolutely every game where I am an innocent villager, so it must be a ploy I'm using to make myself merely look innocent this time, genius!

I post publicly because it's good to see how people react, and if I just PM a bunch of people it's a) irritating, b) pointless because it achieves basically the same thing as posting publicly.
Don't make the mistake of assuming I'm posting all of my thoughts, I'm talking to people in PMs too, when I post in the thread it's just something that's more standout or something that I think's worth people considering. You'll notice I haven't talked much about the people I think are innocent, beyond the basic 'you and Wise seem guilty as sin when you're saving kittens so I haven't got a bloody clue how to read you.'

I don't suspect you because you're obnoxious, I'm only starting to suspect you because you're being bloody stupid, and you're still refusing to say how on earth chance isn't just RNG, and why that works better or is any more interesting to play than actually having interactive strategy.

Just because you were an innocent villager before doesn't mean you are this time.  You are either clueless or are playing at being really stupid.  If I used a strategy that I used as a villager and was shown to be a villager those times, when I am a penguin, would I not use the same strategy.  Why yes, as it is the perfect ploy to remove suspicion.  Any strategy that was previously used is automatically suspicious, in a game where the past players are current players.  If you think players aren't going to try different approaches or counter your ideas, you are foolish.  All strategies can be defeated.  Well, assuming that the game isn't stacked so that a particular strategy works. 

You should probably study strategy and how they evolve.

Lynching on the first day is complete chance.  You know nothing about anyone.  No strategy is going to matter as not enough time has passed in game to make solid determinations.  It has nothing to do with RNG.  After the first day, it is entirely mathematical.
Rabinoz RIP

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2019, 02:08:07 PM »

Half an hour till the start of the first day children, anybody got anywhere with the map hunt?
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2019, 02:11:50 PM »
Just because you were an innocent villager before doesn't mean you are this time.  You are either clueless or are playing at being really stupid.  If I used a strategy that I used as a villager and was shown to be a villager those times, when I am a penguin, would I not use the same strategy.  Why yes, as it is the perfect ploy to remove suspicion.  Any strategy that was previously used is automatically suspicious, in a game where the past players are current players.  If you think players aren't going to try different approaches or counter your ideas, you are foolish.  All strategies can be defeated.  Well, assuming that the game isn't stacked so that a particular strategy works. 

You should probably study strategy and how they evolve.

Lynching on the first day is complete chance.  You know nothing about anyone.  No strategy is going to matter as not enough time has passed in game to make solid determinations.  It has nothing to do with RNG.  After the first day, it is entirely mathematical.
Yes, all strategies can be defeated, no one's claiming they're perfect.
But people do make slip-ups, they do have tells, there are whole games based on that concept. If someone is putting up a facade they are going to act differently to how they would normally. There's one person whose innocence I'm 90% sure of because of that. And again, making people talk strategy helps with this because it means people intentionally being dense more than likely have something to hide. Every strategy can be beaten, but you don't assume people are playing a perfect game. You prepare for it, you don't assume it.
Yes, people can change, people can act differently, no one is claiming 100% accuracy, there is going to be an element of chance. All I'm saying is that it helps our odds if we try to be as informed as we can be to reduce the RNG factor.

Again, you literally accused me based on strategy. Are you just being argumentative, or are you that much of a hypocrite?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2019, 02:13:11 PM »

I'll take that as a no then.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2019, 02:19:42 PM »
Jesus christ that mess went on for more than a page. I'm done dealing with NSS. Here's what I said so that it doesn't just get forgotten, in case people want to give their thoughts, or call me stupid with some kind of actual reason, or whatever. The first couple of lines are the most important part so we don't get caught off-guard by a potential scam artist like you did in the last game.
Otherwise I would like to hear opinions more developed than "Strategy is the devil, now watch me use strategy!"

No mattter what NSS says, we do need to talk about who we want to lynch. If we don't all agree the roles in this game make it very easy for someone who may be evil to overrule.

Ok. Lynching time's getting closer. I'd like to make the obligatory urging for no one to cast a vote until we have a consensus in case there's some scam artist penguin trying to get out of being lynched, or trying to mislead. We don't need that chaos right away. When we have a decent majority of people willing to vote one way, then we try it.
(And to pre-empt the usual 'You're trying to control the game!' if you think this is bad advice, say so and say why. if it's good advice it stands independently of me).

As far as suspicious targets go, just want to throw Bullwinkle's name out there. In my experience he's got subtly distinct playstyles when he's good vs when he's evil. He's a great player, but he does have a tendency to overplay his hand. Evil-Bullwinkle has a tendency to claim certainty more than good-Bullwinkle, because he wants us to lynch people for him.

Shirley, wiseth doth proclaim too much.

I am the egg man
They are the egg men
Wise is the penguin
Goo goo g'joob

That kind of thing, to me, smacks of exactly the sort of thing I did back in game one, pick people who make themselves look guilty and get the villagers to deal with them. It's a bit soon to be sure of anything so I'm not looking to lead a lynch mob or anything, just wanted to see what people thought.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2019, 02:21:08 PM »

I'll take that as a no then.

I found 3 dead mice and an acorn cap. Not all in the and place.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2019, 02:22:44 PM »
NSS is just as sketchy as he was when I was a penguin and I falsely claimed his role and he refused to work with Team Good Guys to foil my plan. WHY IS HE SO SKETCHY?

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2019, 02:35:04 PM »

Well here we go, it should be Monday morning in Aus-land so Shifter should be with us soon, nothing lost there, see.

As I don't expect search engines in some of your parts of the world to be tuned to British islands I have put a few links at the start that may or may not lead you to some of the map-hunt clues.

Nice to see everyone getting on famously.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2019, 02:45:03 PM »

Sister Corporal Jena had lain in position now for two hours and was, all things considered, comfortable, finding a flat area on the slope 3 days before with a stunted oak to help with cover from the ridge, padding it out with thermal groundsheet's and moss, her ghillie suit augmented with dry grass and bracken, she, and her spotter Mariel were invisible to all but infrared.

The mountain sheep had threatened to be a problem, a place like this facing the morning sun and out of the prevailing wind already had its fan base, a Soay ram and his harem, not a problem if it could see them of course, they were wild and kept well clear of humans, but it couldn't, if it came down the incline with the wind behind it, then problems,
killing the damn thing was apparently not an option, post operation bleed, everything that lived here was logged, finding an alpha ram riddled with combat shotgun pellets, again problems.

The Lieutenant had said she would fix it,and had in her own fashion, a pair of ravens had been waiting for them today in the tree, taking keen interest in their preparations but showing no fear. Half an hour later Mariel had whispered, “Sheep” as the Ravens took off to harass the ram and his entourage, dive bombing until they fled back up the hill, now one was in permanent residence above them, effective.

She liked to rely on more conventional methods and her favourite was in her hands now, the AXMC sniper rifle, loaded with .338 Finnish ammunition, the finest gun in the world, this one she called Ankou.
Currently aimed at a narrow coastal path just where a 3 foot drop in the trail on to a sloping wet rock made people pause, a third of a mile away it was a one shot kill she could make all day and since the mist had covered all the rest of the island, boiling off at the eastern cliffs, leaving just wisps down here, the only effective place she could be.

Now if the Raven would just stop periodically shitting on them and cackling, her day would be perfect.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2019, 02:46:54 PM »
I'm going to spend the morning trying to get one of the ravens to say Nevermore. Don't mind me.

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2019, 03:15:22 PM »
NSS is just as sketchy as he was when I was a penguin and I falsely claimed his role and he refused to work with Team Good Guys to foil my plan. WHY IS HE SO SKETCHY?

Trust no one.  Kill everyone who appears trustworthy, then kill everyone else, just to make sure.
Rabinoz RIP

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2019, 03:24:26 PM »
Quote from: the raven
Eat my shorts.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2019, 03:25:12 PM »
If i had a raven I definitely would name him Quoth.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

BatteryStaple

• The Perfumed Seneschal
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2019, 04:33:58 PM »
If CFC doesn't play, then lynching the bastard accomplishes nothing.
Just some food for thought.

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2019, 04:36:55 PM »

I am finishing the game..wise, jura and shifter asked me to, I am respecting the game and their wishes by completing it.

NSS
I don't want Jane to stop talking, I know how she acts when she is team evil and how she acts when she is team good. There are subtle hints there.

Others are the same way...

As for you, I have seen you bad and good, I don't think you are team evil this time.

Though I have no suspicions of anyone thus far...I am leaning towards Bullwinkle simply for the reason I want to lynch him.

Edit

If CFC doesn't play, then lynching the bastard accomplishes nothing.
Just some food for thought.

You posted this as I was writing mine..thanks, but as I said above I am going to respect the game and play.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2019, 09:47:12 PM »
So are we voting to lynch Jane or not?
Rabinoz RIP

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2019, 09:50:25 PM »

Trust no one.  Kill everyone who appears trustworthy, then kill everyone else, just to make sure.

Ohohoh, what a great logic. No villager, then no problem, right? But this man will resist you!

I did not tell anything different than this. I said the name of cfc because he did not want to play. CFC is already in my list of neutrals. If he wants to continue sure I've better targets like a man thinks being evil in all games.  ::)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2019, 10:16:16 PM »

Ohohoh, what a great logic. No villager, then no problem, right? But this man will resist you!

I did not tell anything different than this. I said the name of cfc because he did not want to play. CFC is already in my list of neutrals. If he wants to continue sure I've better targets like a man thinks being evil in all games.  ::)

Wise....

I am finishing the game..wise, jura and shifter asked me to, I am respecting the game and their wishes by completing it.

Also, I feel I can almost guarantee you are on team good. I don't think you would be able to hold back if you weren't.

I can almost promise with the same degree NSS isn't a penguin or NASA..have seen him on both sides and the way he changes, also narrating a game he was a penguin, I 95 percent don't think he is either.

He is definitely a villager.

However, I wouldn't rule out a wild card yet...I have never seen him as one, however, him wanting to Lynch everyone quickly makes me wonder...that is not good for us to win. We lose too many villagers too quickly, we are shit out of luck. Best case, the penguins and NASA stalemate, but we still lose.
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2019, 10:17:17 PM »

It is a great logic.  If I kill everyone else, then the villagers will win, because I, a villager, will be alive. 

Do you want the villagers to lose, Penguin?
Rabinoz RIP

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2019, 10:22:27 PM »

Wise....

Also, I feel I can almost guarantee you are on team good. I don't think you would be able to hold back if you weren't.

I can almost promise with the same degree NSS isn't a penguin or NASA..have seen him on both sides and the way he changes, also narrating a game he was a penguin, I 95 percent don't think he is either.

He is definitely a villager.

However, I wouldn't rule out a wild card yet...I have never seen him as one, however, him wanting to Lynch everyone quickly makes me wonder...that is not good for us to win. We lose too many villagers too quickly, we are shit out of luck. Best case, the penguins and NASA stalemate, but we still lose.

Don't let wise full you.  He plays the i'm always an innocent so that when the time comes to play the penguin, he can just continue to play the I'm always an innocent.  It's a long con.  Trust no one.
Rabinoz RIP

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2019, 10:26:47 PM »

It is a great logic.  If I kill everyone else, then the villagers will win, because I, a villager, will be alive. 

You're wrong mister penguin. Because villagers can not win by themselves, they need teamwork. Villagers lose if stay one to one. So that we have to team work soon or later. Only an alone wolf, an alone penguin like you can think kill everybody. This is a strategy and team game. You seem online more than everytime during game has started and this is the one of the reasons I think you an evil. And you're confessed your being evil during last games and you must be evil in this game too.

If you would really a villager, that I don't think so; so you would start to kill evils more than start to kill innocents. Killing everyone who appears trustworthy only works for villager lose their strategy and leaders. There are many good players here; like scg, me, dd, jane, and seconderary boydster and shifter. You were playing well for a while but after you've started being evil I think your settings are broken.

You deny the logic, you deny the planning, you deny everything belong the humans and you want to act like somebody isn't human. Only a fish can use a logic has not a logic.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2019, 10:36:50 PM »
Can we lynch NSS for being annoying?

I vote we use strategy rather than chance otherwise what's the fucking point?
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
« Reply #147 on: January 13, 2019, 10:48:56 PM »
Anyone got any ideas about the first clue?
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #148 on: January 13, 2019, 10:53:52 PM »

I agree this for logic and strategy. otherwise, game turns to the backgammon or poker. First day, we have a chance do mistake. But after that we have do more research and strategy depends on general behaviours of players. In this respect, psichic and ghost council is important point. This night they have to work good. If someone seems most suspicious so psichic has to query about it. By this way, we can win without get any risk. at this point, it is important that people report what they see as suspicious, this enlights the way of psichic.

NSS had support of his partner in past game. There are some players here believe stay NASA and penguins to 1 and 1 then kill. But I believe that it is better exhaust a team than hold two of them. Because if one team ends then we lose only a player in per night.

So that I believe we have to consantrate the supporter of NSS after now.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

NotSoSkeptical

« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2019, 10:55:15 PM »

You're wrong mister penguin. Because villagers can not win by themselves, they need teamwork. Villagers lose if stay one to one. So that we have to team work soon or later. Only an alone wolf, an alone penguin like you can think kill everybody. This is a strategy and team game. You seem online more than everytime during game has started and this is the one of the reasons I think you an evil. And you're confessed your being evil during last games and you must be evil in this game too.

If you would really a villager, that I don't think so; so you would start to kill evils more than start to kill innocents. Killing everyone who appears trustworthy only works for villager lose their strategy and leaders. There are many good players here; like scg, me, dd, jane, and seconderary boydster and shifter. You were playing well for a while but after you've started being evil I think your settings are broken.

You deny the logic, you deny the planning, you deny everything belong the humans and you want to act like somebody isn't human. Only a fish can use a logic has not a logic.

You are far from a good player.  Good players don't break the game.

I deny working with idiots who are so full of themselves.  I don't care about your or Jane's or anyone else's strategy at this point in the game.  I care about my team, Team Villagers, winning the game.  And until I know 100% that a player is a villager, I do not trust them.  I'm not going to cozy up to any player who portrays themselves as trustworthy.  The enemy is going to want to portray themselves as the good guys.  So to be safe, it is best to not trust anyone.  As the enemy needs to portray themselves as the good guys, those players are the most suspect and are the first that should be taken aim at.

That would be Jane and You.  I know I'm a villager.  I know nothing about anyone else.  You are all Penguins and NASA in my eyes, until I know 100% you are a villager.

If we lynch on the first day, it is completely by chance.  So if we are talking about lynching on day 1, it is chance.  There is no strategy about it.

Lynching me would be ill-advised, but if you want to, by all means take your swing, you will be wrong and worse off for it.
Rabinoz RIP