Those search engines / a little flat earth evidence

• 334 Replies

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
Re: Those search engines / a little flat earth evidence
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2022, 02:31:41 AM »
pause at 1:04 and once again pause at 1:13

Does this prove the earth is spherical - hurry up and explain it! Sorry, evidence...?! But do explain if you haven"t, other wise I will review at my convenience.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 02:33:29 AM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

JackBlack

« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2022, 02:37:39 AM »
Does that one match the theory?
RET or FEN?

It certainly doesn't match FEN, as that indicates none of it should be hidden.
For RET, we don't have all the variables and so can't calculate if it matches exactly, but it reasonable.

« Reply #272 on: January 14, 2022, 03:01:43 AM »

Does this prove the earth is spherical - hurry up and explain it! Sorry, evidence...?! But do explain if you haven"t, other wise I will review at my convenience.

maybe faded can stop with the pleading and answer simple questions

when the cars go over the peak of the bridge, does the viewer at ground level see a distinct edge?
are the cars disappearing bottom-top or top-bottom or just getting smaller?
why are the cars disappearing?
can you see the curvature of the bridge from this angle?

What i am saying is that the sun setting is not like this. The sun is very large, very far away, a huge (do we know how big?) broad spectrum light source. I believe their are many unkowns that you cant answer for.
can you imagine a scenario where 2 lazer next to each other would affect each others transmission through space? I think something like this could be a factor too.

Ok non-troll man.
Lets see your true colours then because youve avoided this 3times and twice deferrring to the sun.

What im saying is dont use the sun.

A distant boat.
A distant building across a lake.
A distant volcano island on the sea.

Is the same geometric phenomina of bottom-up not observed?

[/quote]

yes

yes it does

last time something was explained to you you got mad saying we were copy pasters and it was too much.

i'll try very simply - a curved shape of the bridge shows a distinct "horizon" when looking dead on.
it shows cars disappearing bottom-up.
it matches reality of ships and mountains in a distance (and no need to plead to the very distant sun).

unless you don't believe circles and triangles are real, feel free to discuss.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:30:17 PM by Themightykabool »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2022, 12:23:31 PM »
So what percentage match the theory?

I don't know what that means.

Just explain why the distant rotor towers appear to be sinking on a calm sea?

Here's a few more fun ones:

JackBlack

« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2022, 03:05:18 PM »
I'm pretty sure he means something like:
Do the windmills appear at the exact height you would expect for a RE, with the exact amount hidden, rather than any extra hidden or extra visible?
(acting like we should be able to determine it perfectly).

Mikey T.

« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2022, 04:27:49 AM »
Do the windmills appear at the exact height you would expect for a RE, with the exact amount hidden, rather than any extra hidden or extra visible?
Exactly, because most FE posters are dishonest pieces of shit.  Most want to either ignore things that don't match with the snake oil they are selling/drinking, strawman, or just nuh uhh you.  faded is no different. 
Yes, the windmill picture showing the farthest ones looking like they are going into the water roughly matches RET, now for specifics we need the specifics of the time and location of the photo.  Because there are many factors that make up reality and we can pretty accurately predict what those factors do to the perception of reality, aka refraction, etc.  We understand these things and with enough of the contributing factors known we could predict pretty exactly what you expect to see.  But we, RE posters, mostly live in the real world, where we don't ignore things that are inconvenient.  Most of us don't just believe what the youtube person told us, unlike faded here, we actually take in as much of the factors possible and think.
The video, looks to be used as an alternative to boats going over the curve of the horizon, bottom disappearing first, on the ocean.  But sure faded, work on the same tired arguments where you ignore many factors of reality and probably do some vastly incorrect math and then say it doesn't match the sphere, aka strawman argument.  Congrats faded, I award you a participation sticker.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #276 on: January 17, 2022, 04:19:50 AM »

Remember that kid at school who wanted attention so much they would call people names or tag them and keep running out of reach? You see more of it nowadays from the generation reared by smartphones.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #277 on: January 31, 2022, 02:30:28 AM »
you have been here longer than me and probably seen better arguments than i can put forward at this time, so i will just leave you to belive what you want.  But if it is just a general psychology statement go find the asmr guy pls.

However, search for falt earth proof no longer turns up vids in the requested topic or word match. if i remember correctly, flat earth evidence, words most would prefer to use it seems, turns up even less. However, I am not using the youtube page itself so hopefully that is why.(dont use google because of chrome experiment logo mind thro)
Nevertheless, i decided to post some more long range view vids which are evidence of the Flat earth. They are returns for "Flat earth long range views"

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 04:47:18 AM by faded mike »
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2022, 02:32:59 AM »
Exactly, because most FE posters are dishonest pieces of shit.  Most want to either ignore things that don't match with the snake oil they are selling/drinking, strawman, or just nuh uhh you.  faded is no different. 
Yes, the windmill picture showing the farthest ones looking like they are going into the water roughly matches RET, now for specifics we need the specifics of the time and location of the photo.  Because there are many factors that make up reality and we can pretty accurately predict what those factors do to the perception of reality, aka refraction, etc.  We understand these things and with enough of the contributing factors known we could predict pretty exactly what you expect to see.  But we, RE posters, mostly live in the real world, where we don't ignore things that are inconvenient.  Most of us don't just believe what the youtube person told us, unlike faded here, we actually take in as much of the factors possible and think.
The video, looks to be used as an alternative to boats going over the curve of the horizon, bottom disappearing first, on the ocean.  But sure faded, work on the same tired arguments where you ignore many factors of reality and probably do some vastly incorrect math and then say it doesn't match the sphere, aka strawman argument.  Congrats faded, I award you a participation sticker.
Youre to emotional for me.
           -them

Mikey T.

« Reply #279 on: January 31, 2022, 06:40:58 AM »
I do not respect intentional dishonesty.  Therefore, you get shit on.  Easy as that.  Not super emotional about it, I just don't see you as worthy of basic decent treatment. 

JackBlack

« Reply #280 on: January 31, 2022, 01:47:18 PM »
you have been here longer than me and probably seen better arguments than i can put forward at this time
And all the arguments I have seen presented fail. Have you bothered looking for refutations of those arguments to see if they hold?
Or are you just looking for things to prop up your belief regardless of what the evidence actually shows?

Nevertheless, i decided to post some more long range view vids which are evidence of the Flat earth.
You mean like the last one you brought up which refutes the FE?

Rather than spamming links to a bunch of videos, why not provide a summary of the argument and key photos?
Have you even bothered watching them?
I'm not going to bother watching them all completely.

The first one ignores refraction and has a claimed height of 3.5 ft, backed up by nothing.

The second is a claim that someone saw a mountain a long distance away. But 1, it is quite easy to fake GPS on your phone, and 2, there are plenty of other mountains along the way.
If you bother watching the video that you linked, it shows that the mountains he saw were actually in Texas. So it supports the globe.
So this shows that not only are you grasping at straws, you haven't even bothered to watch the videos you are spamming.

The third video has quite obvious evidence of very significant miraging.
As a clue, the crane on the left should be straight, not have a massive curve.
So unless you are going to take into account those unknown atmospheric conditions to produce the mirage, you are just wasting everyone's time.

The final video just appears to be a collection of nonsense.
It even includes the world record long distance photo which shows the FE model is pure nonsense. But instead of honestly presenting it as that, it does the standard dishonest FE BS, by pretending you are standing with your eyes at sea level whenever you look at a distant object.

So how about instead of just spamming a load of nonsense, you find the best solid FE proof you can and present that and defend it.

« Reply #281 on: January 31, 2022, 02:00:32 PM »

when the cars go over the peak of the bridge, does the viewer at ground level see a distinct edge?

What i am saying is that the sun setting is not like this. The sun is very large, very far away, a huge (do we know how big?) broad spectrum light source. I believe their are many unkowns that you cant answer for.
can you imagine a scenario where 2 lazer next to each other would affect each others transmission through space? I think something like this could be a factor too.

Ok non-troll man.
Lets see your true colours then because youve avoided this 3times and twice deferrring to the sun.

A distant boat.

yes

yes it does

last time something was explained to you you got mad saying we were copy pasters and it was too much.

i'll try very simply - a curved shape of the bridge shows a distinct "horizon" when looking dead on.
it matches reality of ships and mountains in a distance (and no need to plead to the very distant sun).

[/quote]

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #282 on: January 31, 2022, 02:17:59 PM »
Nevertheless, i decided to post some more long range view vids which are evidence of the Flat earth. They are returns for "Flat earth long range views"

Jeez Mike, to Jack's point, do you even watch the vids you post? The second vid is an examination of J Tolan's infrared stuff he posts from time to time. Tolan's claim is that he captured an image of a mountain in Cabo San Lucas from a plane over Texas 700 miles away. The video you posted completely debunks it and shows that it was actually, definitively, a mountain in Texas a couple of hundred miles away.

In short, the vid you posted completely debunks the original flat earth claim, not support it. In other words, you posted the exact opposite of "long range view vids which are evidence of the Flat earth". A colossal fail on your part.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #283 on: January 31, 2022, 10:09:46 PM »
I do not respect intentional dishonesty.  Therefore, you get shit on.  Easy as that.  Not super emotional about it, I just don't see you as worthy of basic decent treatment.
I am shocked and reporting you to the mods.
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #284 on: January 31, 2022, 10:11:27 PM »

Ok non-troll man.

A distant boat.

yes

yes it does

[/quote]
I already waffled and talked to you after you rudely offended me for posting about my flat earth beliefs on the flat earth society web page. Do not tlalk to me.
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #285 on: January 31, 2022, 10:12:06 PM »
Your sick to me.
           -them

JackBlack

« Reply #286 on: February 01, 2022, 02:10:30 AM »
Your sick to me.
When you spout crap like this, why should anyone care if you get offended for people calling you out on your dishonest acts?

Why are we "sick to you"?
Is it because we point out your "evidence" of a FE isn't actually evidence of a FE?
Is it because we show that some actually refutes the FE?
Is it because we accept the overwhelming evidence that Earth is round?
Or is it because we don't just blindly accept what you say as truth?

Nice and simple question, did you bother to watch the videos you linked?
If so, why did you bother to post a video that refuted a FE claim and showed the observation is consistent with the RE?
If not, did you just decide to spam a bunch of garbage in the hopes that something would stick?
If not, why post them to waste our time?

Mikey T.

« Reply #287 on: February 01, 2022, 03:46:43 AM »

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #288 on: February 01, 2022, 06:40:37 AM »
speechless
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #289 on: February 01, 2022, 06:41:30 AM »
and to think, you've just been here, doing this....
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #290 on: February 01, 2022, 06:44:43 AM »
Your sick to me.
When you spout crap like this, why should anyone care if you get offended for people calling you out on your dishonest acts?

Why are we "sick to you"?
Is it because we point out your "evidence" of a FE isn't actually evidence of a FE?
Is it because we show that some actually refutes the FE?
Is it because we accept the overwhelming evidence that Earth is round?
Or is it because we don't just blindly accept what you say as truth?

If so, why did you bother to post a video that refuted a FE claim and showed the observation is consistent with the RE?
If not, did you just decide to spam a bunch of garbage in the hopes that something would stick?
mib
           -them

« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2022, 07:47:22 AM »

I already waffled and talked to you after you rudely offended me for posting about my flat earth beliefs on the flat earth society web page. Do not tlalk to me.

i rudely offended you?
you PM once saying you wanted to discuss things.
but no it turns out you're a bad faithed avoider who won't discuss or review anything.
you have no interest in discussing.
calling you out or your shit...and you take offense?

ah well.

what is this shit?
oh it's an example of every post you make...

Hello
the other day i was i was thinking about something and remembered one of your posts and concluded you might know what i was thinking about. if i bother to remember and then ask you will you talk to me?
[/i]

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2022, 09:13:46 AM »
mib

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2022, 10:15:14 AM »
faded mike is just another character troll. Go back and look at his very first posts here. Now look at his most recent posts here. Nobody regresses in intelligence or writing quite like that. Somewhere along the line, he decided to mess with us by appearing to be a dimwitted moron

Mike never posts or asks questions in good faith. Normally if you ask a question, you would be open to answers. He's just here to waste everyones time.

Pay no mind to him

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

JackBlack

« Reply #294 on: February 01, 2022, 11:44:00 AM »
and to think, you've just been here, doing this....
And to think, you have just been here, continually trying to pretend a flat Earth is justified, yet when called out on that and asked to provide evidence to support a FE, you just spam a bunch of links, one of which disproves a FE claim and shows the view was consistent with RE.

You can't even bring yourself to answer simple questions.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #295 on: March 19, 2022, 05:17:28 PM »
The search engine has quoted the thread "balloons falling speed" as the first return when searching thread title. I think this is because "global management" has seemingly dealt with it. Interestingly enough, a week or so ago i brought up the longest range photo of the mountains in italy as evidence of FEi n thread "some reasons i believe in FET" - flat earth debate, and when searching this topic; tomthumbs  "?debunk?" ( i don't agree based on things like how much of the mountain is visible in the photo) comes up on search engine instead of my intial mention. Dont tell me search engines can do physics now!

Probably censored!

Can anyone else confirm this - that my thread comes up near the top for balloon falling speed and also thom thumbs response comes up for the longest range photo / pic de finistrelles / pic de gaspard. I cant remember what the exact search terms were but i will correct myself if necessary. I just want to confirm that it is not just my computer.
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #296 on: March 19, 2022, 05:25:35 PM »

Ok non-troll man.

A distant boat.

yes

yes it does

[/quote]
So do boats over the horizon disappear according to "8inches per mile ^squared"? or does the difference at which they go behind the horizon always change? And why is it sometimes way more than 1/6 difference from the theoretical curvature as allowed for by refraction (Samuel Rowbotham - author of earth not a globe - said refraction can adjust figures of long distance views and curvature by 1/6 - not exactly sure how this is applied) But why when along the beach side to side or out to sea, can we see often many times further than we should be able to?
           -them

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #297 on: March 19, 2022, 05:31:44 PM »

The point is - and I dont believe you didnt get this - just trolling - that those pictures may match closely to the theory, but how often do the observations of this type of phenomenon and other pertintent phemnomenon match close at all to the theory? I dont know the answer based on the internet resereach i have done and I doubt you do either. But I know very often i have looked in nreal life and the theoretical curvature is missing. I wouldnt  be stretched to claim the curvature is usually not there by my memory and napkin calculations - that only need to be within 1/6 from what I yunderstand to allow for refraction.
           -them

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #298 on: March 19, 2022, 06:02:02 PM »

The point is - and I dont believe you didnt get this - just trolling - that those pictures may match closely to the theory, but how often do the observations of this type of phenomenon and other pertintent phemnomenon match close at all to the theory? I dont know the answer based on the internet resereach i have done and I doubt you do either. But I know very often i have looked in nreal life and the theoretical curvature is missing. I wouldnt  be stretched to claim the curvature is usually not there by my memory and napkin calculations - that only need to be within 1/6 from what I yunderstand to allow for refraction.

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #299 on: March 19, 2022, 06:14:22 PM »
I definitely believe in refraction, so I would say it is perhaps what is making that happen. This would also explain why the long range views arec loser to flat than the theoretical curve.. But my question remains....
           -them